Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 464 465 466 ... 849 850 851
By Calinari 2016-11-02 03:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Could someone please gather up, or point out where the newest versions of each jobs spreadsheets are.

This game really misses Montenten.
By Afania 2016-11-02 03:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Calinari said: »
Could someone please gather up, or point out where the newest versions of each jobs spreadsheets are.

Umm most jobs has updated spreadsheet in job guide... RUN, BLU, RNG, SAM, WAR, COR, DRG etc.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-02 04:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Why can't DD's tank anymore?
More specifically, what changes have made paladins(and runes) actually better tanks than just having a DD tank?
By Pantafernando 2016-11-02 04:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Most mobs nowaday uses high devastating moves or lots of enfeebs. In theory you can cap your mdt/pdt and fight but that wont do any good of you keep entire fight encumbered/amnesied/charmed etc, aside that taking loads of dmg and losing hate too fast.

Aside that practical difficult of DD tanking in current game, RUN and PLD can both exceed the normal defensive caps (PLD can break pdt/mdt with buttgang and aegis, RUN can break pdt/mdt with epeolatry and valliance/valiation aside other JAs) and suport abilities that no DD has access without sub like phalanx, foil, crusade, etc.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-02 04:50:51
Link | Citer | R

So enmity is the issue? They nerfed damage enmity so much that a DD can't tank through pure damage when combined with infinite enfeebles?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-02 04:58:02
Link | Citer | R

SquareEnix rehauled (twice) completely the way Enmity gets calculated.

The Damage>Enmity formula got adjusted, so that now it's much harder to get good enough values by damage alone (despite to the fact that damage numbers greatly increased compared to, say, 2 years ago)

I think they also changed the amount of enmity lost per damage received.
Or maybe it stayed the same, the result is that it's much faster compared to the current Damage>Enmity formula.

Think they also adjusted dynamic enmity values according to target level. Last but not least they greatly reduced the enmity from Skillchains and from MagicBursted spells.

So in sum:
You kinda need enmity specific spells (Flash, Foil etc) to reliably keep enmity on you.
A DD with an odd subjob with this in mind could probably tank with full PDT gear, but they would hardly be as efficient as a tank because they wouldn't get their enmity boosts (Crusade etc) nor their cooldowns to reduce damage, nor the specific defensive gifts which really make a difference on harder content.

Another reason why DDtanking kinda died in lowmen, easier content is because of trusts. August is so nice why should anybody bother to try to tank on their DD?
[+]
By Selindrile 2016-11-02 05:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
Trickiest because he uses shadows and makes impossible to sch skillchain so i waste time till he can use the hemo move to erase the shadows. My question is if waiting is all we can do in this phase?

Proper DDs make extremely fast work of SR, and many of the mobs are stunnable (A good Geo/Blm can stun while keeping buffs up) to stop most of the moves that are annoying to DDs, mages are fine but there's a couple of mobs that are much more annoying for mages than melees.

The only big time sink I can think of for melees is Arciela and you can stun the move Arciela does to summon Delve Bosses (or stun the delve bosses moves themselves) which is the only thing that really trips up melees.
By Calinari 2016-11-02 15:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Umm most jobs has updated spreadsheet in job guide... RUN, BLU, RNG, SAM, WAR, COR, DRG etc.

Nothing in the WAR thread, nothing in the DRK thread either. Just more people asking for it with no answers.
By Afania 2016-11-02 15:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Nothing in the WAR thread, nothing in the DRK thread either. Just more people asking for it with no answers.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/64/
By Llucian 2016-11-02 18:10:07
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/64/

Unfortunately the links on that page are not really that useful. The link from Nightfyre is dead and the one from Byrth does not properly model crits at high attack. Something to start from at least though.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-02 18:43:39
Link | Citer | R

I have yet to see a job have a spreadsheet for any job I've been interested in playing.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-03 01:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Can dancer main stack 10 step debuffs now instead of 5? Wiki's are inconsistent on this and dnc sub can't stack 10.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-03 02:02:29
Link | Citer | R

It can yes. If you see conflicting information, just check which is more recent because that's almost always going to be the correct one (and is also almost always going to be BGWiki versus OtherWiki).
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-03 18:03:15
Link | Citer | R

I am also interested in spreadsheets, as no up to date ones have been provided.
By Zeota 2016-11-06 22:57:30
Link | Citer | R

Came back from a 1.5 year hiatus, and decided to make a relic. However, I forgot I'd traded ol' Switchstix a relic gun a while back when RNG was "en vogue" so to speak. So, now with no desire to level RNG anymore, is it possible to start something else?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-06 23:16:34
Link | Citer | R

Yes, it isn't like a mythic.
By Zeota 2016-11-06 23:34:04
Link | Citer | R

Traded him something else, nothing happened.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-06 23:42:05
Link | Citer | R

You are going to have to finish the stage, but that shouldn't be a big deal.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-09 02:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Quick question, FFXI site says there will be server maintance day 9, 21:00 to 23:00 pst. But the update link says that update will be day 10, thurday without mentioning time. Does that means update (as well ambuscade reset time) will happen tonight instead tomorrow, thats thurday?

Thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-09 11:05:31
Link | Citer | R

update is tonight, but they use japanese time for the update thread, it is already the 10th in japan
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2016-11-09 12:59:36
Link | Citer | R

I felt like redoing apoc nigh last night (cue jokes about it being appropriate time) and I have been unable to flag it at all. I have gone to every single possible place to flag a CS from the Bahamut fight in riverne to empyrial paradox and have been absolutely unable to trigger it. I vaguely recall triggering a CS after I dropped my earring a long while ago but I currently have no KI's associated with it or quests flagged in the jueno quests section.
I do have it under the completed quests section.
Is there ridiculously stupid detail that i could have missed or am I going to require SE/GM intervention?
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-11-09 13:17:13
Link | Citer | R

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Apocalypse_Nigh#Repeating_the_Quest

Target the ??? in the Empyreal Paradox and erase all memories of the quests "Shadows of the Departed" and "Apocalypse Nigh". Complete these quests again to obtain one of the earrings listed above.
 Cerberus.Quintow
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2016-11-10 23:06:24
Link | Citer | R

Best non-RMEA GKT?
By aeonova 2016-11-11 15:36:57
Link | Citer | R

So what do I have to do to turn in these Ambuscade Vouchers from the Silver Mog Pell? Do I have to get my mules through a victorious ambuscade? The NPC doesn't take them when I trade them.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-11 15:45:15
Link | Citer | R

aeonova said: »
So what do I have to do to turn in these Ambuscade Vouchers from the Silver Mog Pell? Do I have to get my mules through a victorious ambuscade? The NPC doesn't take them when I trade them.

Did you trade it to gorda masorpa?
By aeonova 2016-11-11 15:57:30
Link | Citer | R

Sure did. No dialogue at all. It's as if I didn't trade/talk with him. ._.
By aeonova 2016-11-11 16:19:36
Link | Citer | R

I guess I can get to the root of my problem and maybe save some time. Can the Sulevia's Platemail, Hizamaru Haramaki, Inyanga Jubbah, Meghanada Cuirie, & Jhakri Robe set pieces be sent to other characters on the same account? Trying to figure out what do to with a main and 16 alts worth of Silver Mog pells.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-11 16:24:25
Link | Citer | R

None of the ambuscade gear/kupons/capes/mats can be delivery boxed to other characters.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-11 16:26:22
Link | Citer | R

also, rolanberry delightaru is the only piece of furniture that can, so the pells essentially useless on a storage mule
[+]
 Siren.Dilandu
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2016-11-11 18:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Cannot start the quest Saved by the Bell for Idris. Nhili Uvolep is only giving me the quest Geomancerrific. Do I have to finish the quest Geomancerrific before getting the quest Saved by the Bell?

I have all the requirements mentioned for the quest.

Legend rank in all 6 coalition.
The previous quest The Communion done.
Max fame for Adoulin.
First Page 2 3 ... 464 465 466 ... 849 850 851