Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 831 832 833
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 10:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Co-signed.
 Shiva.Galbir
Serveur: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-10 10:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I humbly ask for the title to be changed to General FFXI Questions instead of random. Most people don't even notice this cause they just confuse it with Random thoughts.
I aggree with this.

The hope when naming this thread would be more people would relate it to he Bg version. Sadly it seems not a lot of ffxiahers read bg. :/
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 10:45:27
Link | Citer | R

Should just change it to "FFXI question? Post here first." Then if it deserves a long discussion, someone can post a link to it, since it's most likely already been made/talked about.
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-10 12:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Why do people still log off after every VW NM (even the ones that never crashed people)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 12:25:07
Link | Citer | R

No idea. But I'd rather they crash every third kill than log off after every single one.
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 12:29:09
Link | Citer | R

What's the best way of registering Abyssea these days? I know SE's account management site sells registration keys, but for like $10 a code. Perhaps it'd be easier to just buy the abyssea edition off steam and use the given code for all 3?

I wanna get back into the game and I need to see what the current trend of efficiency is. I quit back when it was still all about capped haste, and have been around far before it was all about maxing out accuracy >.>
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 12:32:39
Link | Citer | R

You'll still want capped haste and acc.
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 12:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Oh of course, but from what I can tell they're significantly easier to obtain and through a wider arrangement of pieces rather than your cliche homam, kitty pants and fumas with velocity belts.
I have noticed though that key for high damage seems to be with critical hit rate as well as increased critical hit damage.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-03-10 12:35:39
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
What's the best way of registering Abyssea these days? I know SE's account management site sells registration keys, but for like $10 a code. Perhaps it'd be easier to just buy the abyssea edition off steam and use the given code for all 3?

I wanna get back into the game and I need to see what the current trend of efficiency is. I quit back when it was still all about capped haste, and have been around far before it was all about maxing out accuracy >.>

the total collection from steam/amazon etc would be the best bet, now and again they sell it on special for like $10 or $15, so you can get all for real cheap.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 12:39:01
Link | Citer | R

Oh of course, but from what I can tell they're significantly easier to obtain and through a wider arrangement of pieces rather than your cliche homam, kitty pants and fumas with velocity belts.
I have noticed though that key for high damage seems to be with critical hit rate as well as increased critical hit damage.
Really nothing new to focus on from 75 cap except critical hit damage, there's just a lot more of older important stats.
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 12:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Probably need to start from the bottom of the food chain and slowly work my way up. I'm still sporting turban, hauby+1 and junk like that. Ahhh, the good ol' days. Hopefully my days of wearing pink/teal/perle will be short lived lol.
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 12:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Really nothing new to focus on from 75 cap except critical hit damage, there's just a lot more of older important stats.

I see. So the originals still hold their place and priority such as STR, attack, haste, acc, evasion, etc.
Only difference is a more specific catering to unique weapon skills and other stuff?
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-03-10 12:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Let's pretend for one wild moment that you leveled ranger a long, long time ago as your main job, then retired it for a year or so, then recently un-retired it and are now gearing and preparing it, slowly. Let's also pretend that getting both the gun emp and bow emp are not going to be a problem because you frankly have nothing else to do with your time.

If you were planning on both Armageddon and Gandiva, would you merit Apex Arrow or Last Stand?

I *could* do both, but I already have Exenterator for thf and dnc, so if I did do both for rng then any other one for any other job would be out of the question. (Not that I have any other job that I'm in love with besides mages, but what if I get off my arse and level something else someday?)

Edit: Also keep in mind that my archery merits are capped, marksmanship merits are not. That's fluid and changeable, if need be.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-10 12:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said: »
Let's pretend for one wild moment that you leveled ranger a long, long time ago as your main job, then retired it for a year or so, then recently un-retired it and are now gearing and preparing it, slowly. Let's also pretend that getting both the gun emp and bow emp are not going to be a problem because you frankly have nothing else to do with your time.

If you were planning on both Armageddon and Gandiva, would you merit Apex Arrow or Last Stand?

I *could* do both, but I already have Exenterator for thf and dnc, so if I did do both for rng then any other one for any other job would be out of the question. (Not that I have any other job that I'm in love with besides mages, but what if I get off my arse and level something else someday?)

Last Stand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Apex

edit: Also, Jishnu's > Apex and yeah just do not merit Apex and leave your WS merits at 10/15 if you ever want to merit something else (or gogo Shattersoul/Realmrazer?)
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 12:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
I still use turban in a gearset or two at times lol but you don't have a current character actively linked or else I'd try to guide you in the right direction

I do, I just post as my parent account.
Look for Weewoo and Tool under the Fenrir server.
Though that's not a real accurate representation of their current setup as I was likely dicking around doing nothing significant prior to quitting. No surprise there.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-10 12:43:26
Link | Citer | R

Last Stand is an awesome weapon skill and well worth it even for Armageddon users.

Edit: and most importantly it looks cool as hell.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 12:44:05
Link | Citer | R

I see. So the originals still hold their place and priority such as STR, attack, haste, acc, evasion, etc.
Only difference is a more specific catering to unique weapon skills and other stuff?
It's still pretty much capping haste and acc, DA/TA/QA, fSTR, crits, attack and stuff. Will vary by job here and there, though.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-10 12:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Also keep in mind that my archery merits are capped, marksmanship merits are not. That's fluid and changeable, if need be.
Take off that silly gaxe and put em on gun! War is boring! :c
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-03-10 12:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, Chronosphere and Seha. ^^ I'll start throwing merits at Last Stand and marksmanship, then.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-03-10 12:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Take off that silly gaxe and put em on gun! War is boring! :c

I hate my warrior. I should take them off GA! I actually only ever put them on GA to begin with so I could fell cleave sooner. And I hate fell cleaving. xD
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 12:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Interesting. I remember people adamantly shunning the use of DA/TA outside of weapon skill use due to it's diminishing return. Which is true, but I'm guessing it's a great runner up post capped acc and haste since it's significantly more accessible and easier to cap?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 12:50:16
Link | Citer | R

I don't even remember any DA gear except Brutal Earring, Ares' legs and WAR AF boots at 75.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-10 12:50:29
Link | Citer | R

I would put it like this Arte: since now capping haste and accuracy is fairly easy due to the impressive amount of gear offering these stats, we can now also focus more on things that we couldn't in the past, so multihits, crits, etc.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 12:54:20
Link | Citer | R

I would put it like this Arte: since now capping haste and accuracy is fairly easy due to the impressive amount of gear offering these stats, we can now also focus more on things that we couldn't in the past, so multihits, crits, etc.

Got it. Yeah, back when 75 gear was the only thing, such stats would greatly interfere with your ability to cap acc and or haste.
I'm actually kinda excited to finally get with the times. Though I am somewhat sad the lack of relevance for old content I never quite fulfilled from the past. Such as Einherjar, Jailers, ZNM, Nyzul etc.

Had bad luck with drops, no time for zeni, and horrible PUGs in the past :/ Lamp floors went a lot like this...

Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 12:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Einherjar is still relevant. So are zeni NMs with all the mythic people. Jailers might be for people doing AV, not so much old nyzul though. Mythic people might still do it for tokens, though.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-10 13:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Don't neo-Nyzul give tokens as well?
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 13:02:47
Link | Citer | R

That's surprising and delightful. Also sky still has it's place with the higher tiers of voidwatch as well as synergy augments huh?
What about the original voidwatch NMs that required you to run in circles around the zone til you could fish em out? That was one thing I never had the opportunity to get into :<
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 831 832 833