Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 244 245 246 ... 849 850 851
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-01 12:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Don't need AA normal clear to do VD if leader has normal clear right?
Correct. We've brought a mule that had no clears to VD and was able to enter without problems.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-01 12:22:39
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Is the login campaign still going on or does it end tomorrow? or did it get extended feb. 2nd?

i'm confused. iono if i should burn through my points now or what

I just got 4600 points thats the max so the period to receive login points is over but we should have more 1 week to purchase.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2014-01-02 03:50:00
Link | Citer | R

When voidwatch was popular I never really did anything except one city tier and first stage of zilart, but i really want to go back just to get key items/completion just because (been wandering around doing things solo since the free return campaign).

I can kill things on bst np, but my question is: is there any sure way to get white light solo so I can kill and get key items? Any job or combo that will actually let me get the key items I desire?

thanks
By Pantafernando 2014-01-02 05:26:15
Link | Citer | R

War for ws procs and blm for blm procs together with /fume and patience should help.
Worth mention you dont need to get 100% white to receive ki. Each % is a probability of receiving ki. So doing 2x for 50% sounds better than holding till you can get higher %.
Also, dont know for sure, but for progression, i think it isnt necessary ki drops. Due to current gear and weapons, probably you dont need any atmacite, so just check what nm you really need a ki and work in that, ask help. If the drops are poor, ki not really important, just destroy him fast.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Serveur: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-02 09:13:09
Link | Citer | R

I've always wanted to ask this:

I keep reading "when dex is capped use this(being attack+ status)" so my question is, what number does each DEX and STR cap at?

As well as, what number is the number that caps attack+ ?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2014-01-02 09:30:13
Link | Citer | R

DEX caps when you have 50 more DEX than your target has AGI.

Attack caps when the ratio of your attack to the target's defense is 2.25 for melee weapons and 3.0 for ranged weapons.

STR is more complicated because it depends on your weapon base damage. STR stops contributing when the difference between your STR and the target's VIT exceeds 2*(14 + 2*R) where R is the rank of your weapon.

Rank is floor(D/9).

So for example, 119 Terpsichore is 102 base damage. 102/9 = 11.33, the the rank is 11. So STR is capped when I have 2*(14+2*11)= 72 more STR than the target's VIT: if the target has 120 VIT, then I cap at 192 STR.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-02 09:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
I've always wanted to ask this:

I keep reading "when dex is capped use this(being attack+ status)" so my question is, what number does each DEX and STR cap at?

As well as, what number is the number that caps attack+ ?

Dex affect both accuracy and critical hit rate. Str affect attack. Both factor are related to oponents stats, and as we just can estimate its stats, we cant actually see when we hit cap.

Accuracy caps at 95%, and thats related to a number of factors like mobs evasion, skills from char and from weapon, gear, rolls, songs, etc.
Crit rate is also dependent of some factors, like atma, gear (loki, kamome, oneiros knife), merits, finally dDex where that cap you said should come. The so called "sweet point" is when that exclusively factor dDex dont affect more crit rate. dDex caps when you have 50 dex over oponents Agi, providing 15% crit rate added to your performance.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/DDEX#Melee_Critical_Hit_Rate_.28dDEX.29

Str affect attack, and its compared to oponent vit to be calculated a variable term to be added to final dmg.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/FSTR

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Base_Damage

Caps depend of a factor named weapon rank, that will determine upper and lower cap

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Weapon_Rank
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2014-01-02 09:48:58
Link | Citer | R

The "sweet" spot for dDEX isn't usually referring to the cap, it's referring to portion of the dDEX curve where +1 DEX = +1 critical hit rate (dDEX=40~50)
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2014-01-02 10:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Did SE change anything about limit break lvl 60? I think I wont be able to do Quadav part solo for my mules...
By Pantafernando 2014-01-02 10:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
Did SE change anything about limit break lvl 60? I think I wont be able to do Quadav part solo for my mules...

To pass that door the ki must be farmed by doing those 2 quests Mystery of beaudeaux i and ii or rank 5 in nation (acording wikia).

But about changes, i dont think so.
Did that limit break for my mule last week, and everything was normal. He is gimped, rank 1, so i opened the door for him to avoid the trouble.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2014-01-02 13:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

To pass that door the ki must be farmed by doing those 2 quests Mystery of beaudeaux i and ii or rank 5 in nation (acording wikia).

Did that limit break for my mule last week, and everything was normal. He is gimped, rank 1, so i opened the door for him to avoid the trouble.

wait you did it in the same account? I was thinking of bringing my main to open the door then log in my mule but I'm not sure how long it would remain open.

I think I'll have to start shouting :| ...
By Pantafernando 2014-01-02 14:23:37
Link | Citer | R

wait you did it in the same account? I was thinking of bringing my main to open the door then log in my mule but I'm not sure how long it would remain open.

I think I'll have to start shouting :| ...

It was a dual box.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2014-01-02 14:48:10
Link | Citer | R

I did the davoi one, I just don't want to go through all that trouble for a door... and it's only the problem in this quest, the yagodo area wont have the same block so it's doable.

Post deleted by User.
By Ravenn42 2014-01-02 15:07:39
Link | Citer | R

I have this windower error popping up when I attack and its annoying it says

Highlight lua error runtime .... on/desktop/windower4//addons/highlight/highlight.lua.117 attempt to index field chars... a nil value...

Anyone have a idea how to fix it?
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2014-01-02 15:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Should get the missions done anyway since the mule will eventually want to dynamis or need zilart done etc right?

nah he is a crafting mule I want him at 70 for the the torque, this is why I didn't bother with chocobo quest or sub lol, leveled him from 1-60 with trust in less than 10 hours spamming nothing but stone I with exp rings.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-01-02 15:55:46
Link | Citer | R

Can someone link me to a guide or a full thing on wiki or bg about how to work on making T1-T3 on all abby seeing as i need an ochain badly and i have no clue how to find the information about tier fights for abby.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-02 17:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Can someone link me to a guide or a full thing on wiki or bg about how to work on making T1-T3 on all abby seeing as i need an ochain badly and i have no clue how to find the information about tier fights for abby.

Colorless souls drops from T3 VNM from abyssea grauberg, uleguerand and altepa. Every abyssea have their own t1-t3 VNM, but just those 3 T3 VNM can drop souls.

The process to change a abyssite to pop a VNM T3 requires you to first buy a clear demilute abyssite from cruor prospector, a T1 abyssite.

Your job is to upgrade it. Clear demilute abyssite is the same for every abyssea, so in any of the 9 zones can have a T1 poped by that. So your first step is to find where the T1 normally roam.

Normally VNM have 2 or 3 places where they can pop. Its random but they dont pop in entire zone, just around their delimited area.
Wkia provide the position where more likely the T2 and T3 can pop. T1 pop is less discussed, so normally i just go from flux to flux and check if i can find them.

Finding a VNM is done by /rest in any position. Doing that with any abyssite for VNM will give you 3 kinds of messages:
- no light: someone killed the VNM so you must wait the respawn;
- light but no numerical info: hes up but not at least 300 yalm from you;
- light and numerical coordinate and a direction (n, s, w, e, nw, sw, ne, se): hes under 300 yalm from you. You must go in that direction said, around the distance said while /rest. Once you think youre where the message said the VNM, you use /rest to get a new set of coordinates. Keep doing that till youre pretty near him, so you can actually rest in the same position as the VNM (the VNM roam invisible, undetectable for any mean, besides the abyssite, and - CHEATs).

Once you rest in the VNM position, the VNM appear claimed for you, so you can fight it.

Upgrading an abyssite is totally random. Dont waste your time procing a VNM. Its always on luck to the abyssite upgrade for a higher tier after you win the battle. Sometimes can be happen in one try, sometimes in 10 tries.

Normally a T1 has 3 or 4 insta respawn. So upgrading to T2 is pretty easy. If your first fight dont upgrade, rest again right way and search the new T1.

T2 is the phase where you will face the worst part: the several competition (sometimes unfair, your damn mfer cheaters). That happen because, unlike T1, a T2 VNM has 10~15 mins respawn. That slow a lot the upgrading process in case of fail. T3 VNM has around 20~30 mins respawn.

About upgrading process, clear demilute abyssite -> colorless abyssite can be done in any and every abyssea. Normally people do this process in the others 6 abyssea because in grauberg, uleguerand and altepa has elemental as T1, and for melees, that fight drag a long time due to their great PDT. The stage colorful abyssite -> emerald (brulo-altepa)/ vermilion (ogopogo-uleguerand/ indigo (maere-grauberg) just can be done in their respective zones.

Once poped the T3 VNM your abyssite is shatered for you to restart everything once again (once a bug prevented that, but the bug was fixed).

About dificulties, brulo is the easiest and altepa is the zone i, personally, have the highesst upgrade rate. Ogopogo os easy, but tricky. Last 1% he uses hi astral flow, and you must survive that. Maere is the trickiest, because of his nightmare, where you are placed in a long sleep that dmg dont awake you, just heals, and while you are sleeping, Maere will slowly raping you.

Last note, take care of losing. Once any VNM ko everyone with hate, he will just despawn. If its a VNM T3, he will despwan and you will lose your abyssite also, so take extreme careful measures to avoid that worst case sceneario.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-03 03:04:59
Link | Citer | R

I got two questions:

1) Can someone explain to me how to get to Monarch Linn? I haven't been there in 7 years and forgot how to get to it. Other than needing a item(i think giant scale) to trade to the unstable displacement so you could tele to the other side. So can someone tell me who drops it and is if there any easier way to get there whenever I want?

2)

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/72730

Is this picture real or fake?

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-03 04:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Hi.
When running multiples instances if windower, is there a way to send commands to others chars instead using alt+tab?
Commands like to talk to npc, to use /follow, etc?
Thanks in advance.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2014-01-03 04:26:14
Link | Citer | R

Hi.
When running multiples instances if windower, is there a way to send commands to others chars instead using alt+tab?
Commands like to talk to npc, to use /follow, etc?
Thanks in advance.

There's an addon called "send" I belive
By Felgarr 2014-01-03 04:33:39
Link | Citer | R

How exactly does afterglow activate? I just don't trust FFXIwiki some times.
By Refia1 2014-01-03 06:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »

Colorless souls drops from T3 VNM from abyssea grauberg, uleguerand and altepa. Every abyssea have their own t1-t3 VNM, but just those 3 T3 VNM can drop souls.
The process to change a abyssite to pop a VNM T3 requires you to first buy a clear demilute abyssite from cruor prospector, a T1 abyssite.
Your job is to upgrade it. Clear demilute abyssite is the same for every abyssea, so in any of the 9 zones can have a T1 poped by that. So your first step is to find where the T1 normally roam.
Normally VNM have 2 or 3 places where they can pop. Its random but they dont pop in entire zone, just around their delimited area.
Wkia provide the position where more likely the T2 and T3 can pop. T1 pop is less discussed, so normally i just go from flux to flux and check if i can find them.
Finding a VNM is done by /rest in any position. Doing that with any abyssite for VNM will give you 3 kinds of messages:
- no light: someone killed the VNM so you must wait the respawn;
- light but no numerical info: hes up but not at least 300 yalm from you;
- light and numerical coordinate and a direction (n, s, w, e, nw, sw, ne, se): hes under 300 yalm from you. You must go in that direction said, around the distance said while /rest. Once you think youre where the message said the VNM, you use /rest to get a new set of coordinates. Keep doing that till youre pretty near him, so you can actually rest in the same position as the VNM (the VNM roam invisible, undetectable for any mean, besides the abyssite, and - CHEATs).
Once you rest in the VNM position, the VNM appear claimed for you, so you can fight it.
Upgrading an abyssite is totally random. Dont waste your time procing a VNM. Its always on luck to the abyssite upgrade for a higher tier after you win the battle. Sometimes can be happen in one try, sometimes in 10 tries.
Normally a T1 has 3 or 4 insta respawn. So upgrading to T2 is pretty easy. If your first fight dont upgrade, rest again right way and search the new T1.
T2 is the phase where you will face the worst part: the several competition (sometimes unfair, your damn mfer cheaters). That happen because, unlike T1, a T2 VNM has 10~15 mins respawn. That slow a lot the upgrading process in case of fail. T3 VNM has around 20~30 mins respawn.
About upgrading process, clear demilute abyssite -> colorless abyssite can be done in any and every abyssea. Normally people do this process in the others 6 abyssea because in grauberg, uleguerand and altepa has elemental as T1, and for melees, that fight drag a long time due to their great PDT. The stage colorful abyssite -> emerald (brulo-altepa)/ vermilion (ogopogo-uleguerand/ indigo (maere-grauberg) just can be done in their respective zones.
Once poped the T3 VNM your abyssite is shatered for you to restart everything once again (once a bug prevented that, but the bug was fixed).
About dificulties, brulo is the easiest and altepa is the zone i, personally, have the highesst upgrade rate. Ogopogo os easy, but tricky. Last 1% he uses hi astral flow, and you must survive that. Maere is the trickiest, because of his nightmare, where you are placed in a long sleep that dmg dont awake you, just heals, and while you are sleeping, Maere will slowly raping you.
Last note, take care of losing. Once any VNM ko everyone with hate, he will just despawn. If its a VNM T3, he will despwan and you will lose your abyssite also, so take extreme careful measures to avoid that worst case sceneario.

enter key man...
 Valefor.Houppelande
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2014-01-03 14:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Thought I saw someone yesterday with an augmented eminent weapon (I think attack). Does anyone know if that's done in inventor's coalition?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-01-03 14:38:20
Link | Citer | R

whhhhhhaat? They are augmentable? And here's a random question, was your green bar expired for the new year? :(
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2014-01-03 14:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
whhhhhhaat? They are augmentable?

lol That's the thing - I'm not actually sure. I thought I saw a person but maybe I'm going crazy.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-01-03 14:47:43
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Houppelande said: »
Thought I saw someone yesterday with an augmented eminent weapon (I think attack). Does anyone know if that's done in inventor's coalition?
Are you sure it wasn't the latent effect? Attack/Acc are on the 2nd page since it can't fit on the first.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2014-01-03 14:48:25
Link | Citer | R

You know Calatilla - I'm sure that's what it was ^^ ty
First Page 2 3 ... 244 245 246 ... 849 850 851