Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 243 244 245 ... 849 850 851
 Sylph.Rafaras
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-27 07:03:47
Link | Citer | R

How can I make the status on my gear show? Since its too long to show and shows me a upside down triangle icon at the bottom.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mystery
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Thps
By Quetzalcoatl.Mystery 2013-12-27 08:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Hit the minus button, or whatever button you have assigned to bring up your menu while highlighting a piece of gear. It moves it to the second page of the gear now so they can put more stats on them.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-27 08:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Mystery said: »
Hit the minus button, or whatever button you have assigned to bring up your menu while highlighting a piece of gear. It moves it to the second page of the gear now so they can put more stats on them.

wonder if they'll go back and add -20% pdt to chat staff since they're excuse for making mages carry an extra staff is now defunked.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-12-27 11:12:36
Link | Citer | R

anyone know how to get the trust copy of Shantotto?
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-12-27 11:48:21
Link | Citer | R

All Trust NPC information is here
[+]
 Bahamut.Demoncard
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2013-12-27 16:21:41
Link | Citer | R

Steam's offering FFXI - the Seekers 655225 damage weapons collection for £9.99 until the second day of January, but

But

I bought the lolabyssea collection from Steam before. Does the discount from that make it cheaper than the Christmas offer? Is it cheaper for me to buy the Seekers undiscounted, using the sale price of £9.99, or to buy it using my copy of the Abyssea collection from Steam, where I'm assuming the saving is calculated using the base price? If it was cheaper, how would I buy it using the Abyssea collection?

The Seekers collection has a 30 days code in it. If I bought it at a discount using the Abyssea collection, would I forfeit the game time code?
 Fenrir.Thandar
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-12-27 16:35:47
Link | Citer | R

If I do the NM trials then coin a weapon now, does it cut the price in half? Or was only for the people doing that at the time?
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-12-27 18:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Debating playing again since I have some free time atm!

1)Does kraken rng-rng or run get any use lately?

2)Is there any new content harder than delve ?

3)Any server with some EU in it ?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-27 19:22:35
Link | Citer | R

1) RNG is a reliable and competitive method for clearing the new ark angel fights. A typical setup is PLD RNG RNG BRD COR WHM, though people use melee setups as well. As the entry fee for these fights is merits, a group spamming them will likely not change jobs to exp, and kraken rng is superb in abyssea.

2) Divine Might 2 on Very Difficult is likely more difficult than delve. The content level is 119 on Normal, it was only specified as 119+ for Difficult/Very Difficult. The fights are not that bad once you figure them out, but very difficult DM still has a harsher DPS check than delve does and more potential kill moves.

3) Probably not. Servers are all nearly empty.
By Pantafernando 2013-12-28 01:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Thandar said: »
If I do the NM trials then coin a weapon now, does it cut the price in half? Or was only for the people doing that at the time?

Diferent weapons, Diferent trials.
Normal base weapon just allow nms farming (like peeler, thunderstock) for both empy and woe and -1 woe version just allow upgrade with materials. You grab both weapon (and thus, the kind of trial you want) in box near magian mog.
So you cant change the trial.
And its not that cut in half the requirement, but that the -1 version double the amount required. I think the original woe trial material requirement remain the same, maybe a few reduction, not sure.
As an advice, dont do nms trial. Im pretty sure you will use more time camping than the time you would spend doing woe to farm the aditional amount required, not to mention grabing some exp also.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2013-12-28 16:41:52
Link | Citer | R

In addition to my other question, are there any requirements beyond the rem's tales for reforging af?
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-29 03:53:23
Link | Citer | R

I got a few questions:

1) IS there any guide on how to win the SKCNM fights for af109 seals? If yes then can someone attach me a link. If not, whats a good setup to get these clears?

2) Can SKCNM seals farming be solo'd? If yes, then on what difficulty and what job? would MNK/dnc do?
 Bismarck.Davorin
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-12-29 03:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Demoncard said: »
are there any requirements beyond the rem's tales for reforging af?

Obtain the original AF or AF+1, Rem's tales, and the corresponding mats.

Consult this page: Reforge armor.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-12-29 05:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
I got a few questions:

1) IS there any guide on how to win the SKCNM fights for af109 seals? If yes then can someone attach me a link. If not, whats a good setup to get these clears?

2) Can SKCNM seals farming be solo'd? If yes, then on what difficulty and what job? would MNK/dnc do?

The batlle are basically the same as its older versions as well the strats. The only difference is that the nms got power boost, increasing each stage.
The strat should be the same for all: someone hold most nms so the dds can zerg one by one. Till normal mode, all nms can be safely sleep by a rdm full fight so dds can safely zerg. After normal, i would rely in a pld ochain because sleep dont really last long.
As the difficult increase mobs get more eva/def so even more quality songs are necessary.
Only thing worth mention is if you fight the smn nm, he can one shot everyone, so sacro is a must before engaging a smn.
Dont know if it possible to solo a ver easy, but that is no good. A party must be yoyd. So at price of one, you get personal seal from 6x orbs. Suposing you do normal mode, one orb mean 14 seal, much better than 2 you should get if soloing ve.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2013-12-29 06:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Edit: never mind.
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-29 16:20:14
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I got a few questions:

The batlle are basically the same as its older versions as well the strats. The only difference is that the nms got power boost, increasing each stage.
The strat should be the same for all: someone hold most nms so the dds can zerg one by one. Till normal mode, all nms can be safely sleep by a rdm full fight so dds can safely zerg. After normal, i would rely in a pld ochain because sleep dont really last long.
As the difficult increase mobs get more eva/def so even more quality songs are necessary.
Only thing worth mention is if you fight the smn nm, he can one shot everyone, so sacro is a must before engaging a smn.
Dont know if it possible to solo a ver easy, but that is no good. A party must be yoyd. So at price of one, you get personal seal from 6x orbs. Suposing you do normal mode, one orb mean 14 seal, much better than 2 you should get if soloing ve.

Thank you!
 Shiva.Gansito
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-12-29 23:46:08
Link | Citer | R

where do i go to add the new expansion code to my account?
nevermind found it... what do i do to get going? i already have some sparks gear what should i do first?
By mazz0mazz0 2013-12-30 00:39:13
Link | Citer | R

New player here. With the current log-in campaign, aside from Zeid, I've been saving my points. Anything notable I should be picking up for progression/cash/quests on that list? I have +2000 points right now.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-30 01:48:23
Link | Citer | R

you can save yourself a slight hassle with limit10 if you buy a seasoning stone and 2 each of fossilized fang/bone

besides that, i'd check the empyrean armor for the jobs you use, the +1 slips are extremely good reward/cost ratio if your job benefits from any of them.. dynamis coupons might be useful if you don't plan on getting zilart/dyna clears done quickly, but bear in mind you most likely will eventually be throwing out extras of those pieces if you do get them
By Pantafernando 2013-12-30 02:39:21
Link | Citer | R

mazz0mazz0 said: »
New player here. With the current log-in campaign, aside from Zeid, I've been saving my points. Anything notable I should be picking up for progression/cash/quests on that list? I have +2000 points right now.

Buy shanks or verdigris stones to cash. I bet as a new player you should be having gil issues. Shanks goes for 200k and verdigris for 100k, but verdigris are stackable and can be sold in action house while shank just in bazaar.
Or could buy 2x choco masque and suit to synergy and have a full set choco +1 because its cool. And you get a daily free teleport holla/dem/mea depending your home nation.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2013-12-30 17:24:04
Link | Citer | R

mazz0mazz0 said: »

you can also get AF3 +2 items for 200 points, and if you have mule you can send them to your main.
 Cerberus.Keshan
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ready
By Cerberus.Keshan 2013-12-30 20:36:37
Link | Citer | R

Is the only way to get GEO Indi spells from vendors? (Aside from AH ofc)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-30 20:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Not positive which, but some drop in skirmish/2 and I believe some drop in wildkeeper as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-30 20:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Can drop from AAs also. Haven't really kept track of which, but ffxidb could tell you.
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-31 02:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Quick Delve outside fracture question:

I want to try to solo Matamata for plutons and for fun on Monk/dnc.

What's the strategy to do for him?
By Pantafernando 2013-12-31 03:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Quick Delve outside fracture question:

I want to try to solo Matamata for plutons and for fun on Monk/dnc.

What's the strategy to do for him?

Keep hitting and healing till your dmg is 1~3 each normal melee.
When you reach that point, pop focus, impetus, formless strike and hundred fists. He should be killed by the moment hundred wears.
If you fail, gonna need to wait till formless is up again and redo the counting, till you dmg is like 1~3.
No ws in any case. Af2 augmented with more hf time can help if you arent hitting hard enough.
But good luck with that. Prob a waste of time if youre after plutons, as you have 1/3 chances of the drop is plutons, and cases are rare. Each formless has cooldown time of 10 mins, so we are talking about 2 plutons each hour in average, or like less than 400k/h, with some spikes for case, but i wouldnt count on that.
Edit: nvm the formless cooldown. You will be limited for hundred fists cooldown.
Normally this is done by 2 oat mnks so they can win without hf if properly geared, hasted, but solo, at least in 2 formless phases should be the minimun to win, so like almost 20 mins per fight.
Conclusion: dont do this.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-01 03:42:45
Link | Citer | R

Is it useful to put only 1 merit on each for apex arrow and last stand?

Only reason why I ask this is because sometimes I go RNG to AA fights and I still haven't 119'ed my gun nor bow(working on it).

So would it be helpful or should I just use the other WS provided by the gun and bow?
By volkom 2014-01-01 11:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Is the login campaign still going on or does it end tomorrow? or did it get extended feb. 2nd?

i'm confused. iono if i should burn through my points now or what
By Afania 2014-01-01 12:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Don't need AA normal clear to do VD if leader has normal clear right?
First Page 2 3 ... 243 244 245 ... 849 850 851