Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 831 832 833
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-03 22:12:52
Link | Citer | R

earth staff, cheviot cape, some defense gear in the slots that have heavy values(head body hands legs feet), whatevers around lv50+

buy cure3, cure5, protect or protectra4, regen3, status -nas, a tavnazian taco, and echo drops

easy easy win, you can manage with significantly less than that and 0 skills, but that setup was reliable enough for me to win 8x consecutively
 Shiva.Arana
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-03 22:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Cool, tyvm.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-03 23:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Repose him and wait? You hardly even need gear anymore, do you?

Enter, run up to him, cast Repose. Repose has a huge MAcc bonus so it's almost certainly going to last 90 seconds. Buff yourself while you wait.

When it wears off, cast Repose. Buff yourself while you wait.

Repeat until the fight is over?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chexmix
Serveur: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2012-12-04 00:18:39
Link | Citer | R

If you are going the repose route dont forget to open with banishga in case he has blink up.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-04 06:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Wow I can't believe what a joke that was went 1/1 and I forgot to bring echos lol. Thanks again for the advice guys.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-04 18:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Today's 310.70 drivers from nVidia had this in their long list of bug fixes and performance enhancements:

Final Fantasy XIV Online: "DirectX device was lost" crash should no longer occur on GeForce GTX 680 systems

While it's obviously too late for XIV, might be worth seeing if they fix XI's issue as well. Odds are incredibly against that actually being the case, but it may have been a sweeping driver change rather than just for specific software.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-12-04 20:09:16
Link | Citer | R

How would I be able to get autoexec/spellcast to cause a whm mule to cast dia2 on the target I am attacking from my main character?

I know autoexec can recognize chat commands, so I am sure it is possible.

Post deleted by User.
By Sidiov 2012-12-04 21:04:45
Link | Citer | R

which ele belts if any are worth holding on to for which ws? I have all 8 and would prefer to dump any I'll never use.
 Shiva.Arana
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-04 21:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
How would I be able to get autoexec/spellcast to cause a whm mule to cast dia2 on the target I am attacking from my main character?

I know autoexec can recognize chat commands, so I am sure it is possible.
Dualsend used to be able to do that though I'm not sure if it works anymore but it's worth a look. It can be found here.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-04 22:18:16
Link | Citer | R

There's a program called Multisend aswell, seems to basicly do the same Dualsend does.
No idea where you can download it, but can PM me if you want it.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-12-04 23:19:33
Link | Citer | R

I've been meaning to try this after finding this thread earlier this year in the Windower forum.

* I should note I haven't tested this yet. *

Basically, you'll need spellcast and DualSend, and you'd use a trigger spell that would more or less
Code
<command>send MuleName dia2 %SpellTargetRaw;</command>

which would (I think) cast dia2 on whatever your main character is targeting. I'm yet to test this though.

[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-12-05 00:03:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »

I've been meaning to try this after finding this thread earlier this year in the Windower forum.

* I should note I haven't tested this yet. *

Basically, you'll need spellcast and DualSend, and you'd use a trigger spell that would more or less
Code
<command>send MuleName dia2 %SpellTargetRaw;</command>

which would (I think) cast dia2 on whatever your main character is targeting. I'm yet to test this though.

Ty for the help, I actually had just put this into my autoexec file and it works.
Code
<register event="chat_tell_*_dia"   >input /assist <r>; wait 1; input /ma "Dia II" <t></register>

But I will poke around with what you mentioned and see how it works. Again thank you.
 Shiva.Arana
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-05 02:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Can you still get healing magic skill up by curing non-aggressive mobs or was that patched? :/
By Zarrox 2012-12-05 06:43:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm having lotsa trouble skilling up GS / Scythe on DRK..... I got the ring and the food but it's still slow as HELL... I don't have WAR levelled for retaliation either, sadly. :( Any suggestions?
 Cerberus.Nilats
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kaisr
By Cerberus.Nilats 2012-12-05 07:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Is there anyway to transfer macros between 2 computers so I don't have to retype them all? :X
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-12-05 07:54:07
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nilats said: »
Is there anyway to transfer macros between 2 computers so I don't have to retype them all? :X

To quote wiki

Quote:
Saving to the Server
At the character selection screen, highlight the character to save the data for, and press the following buttons/keys. Then choose the slot in which you want to save the configuration information for the highlighted character.
PlayStation 2 Controller: L1 button + L3 button
XBOX 360 Controller: LB + left stick button
Keyboard: Shift + Alt + Ctrl + B

Restoring from the Server
At the character selection screen, highlight the character to restore the data for, and press the following buttons/keys. Then choose the slot from which you want to load the configuration information for the highlighted character.
PlayStation 2: R1 button + R3 button
XBOX 360: RB + right stick button
PC/Keyboard: Shift + Alt + Ctrl + R

Deleting Data and Restoring Default Settings
At the character selection screen, highlight the character to restore the default data for, and press the following buttons/keys. Confirm deletion to restore default settings for the currently highlighted character.
PlayStation 2: R1 button + L2 button + R3 button + L3 button
XBOX 360: RB + LB + right stick button + left stick button
PC/Keyboard: Shift + Alt + Ctrl + D
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-05 07:57:10
Link | Citer | R

You can save them to the server by going to the character select screen, highlighting your character and pressing Shift + ALT + CTRL + B. You can then reload them on your new computer by pressing Shift + ALT + CTRL + R.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Macro
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-05 08:00:34
Link | Citer | R

Derp. Too slow.

Bumping a question:
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Can Banish's special defense down be overwritten by itself or do you have to wait for the effect to wear off?
I don't play WHM or anything. Just curious about the answer.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-05 08:12:09
Link | Citer | R

Could also just copy your user folder, in fact I recommend doing so as it's nice to have a backup if your HDD crashes. It holds your settings such as aspect ratio, filters, chat color and all those other options that are so freaking annoying to reset.

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER

Just remove the (x86) if you're using a 32 bit os.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-12-05 08:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Re: Banish's effect, it'd be an easy thing to test. If I have some time later today I can give it a shot.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-05 08:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I know. I'm just lazy. ( '-') Thanks, though.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-05 08:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Zarrox said: »
I'm having lotsa trouble skilling up GS / Scythe on DRK..... I got the ring and the food but it's still slow as HELL... I don't have WAR levelled for retaliation either, sadly. :( Any suggestions?
Try and skill somewhere where you can at least also get loot to take your mind off the slow skillups. Skilling gs/scythe is truly terrible to cap out.

I liked skilling my drk on Aby konschtat saplings, farming dark rings (getting a -6pdt+mdt ring really makes up for the skillup pains). Team up with friends to build azure+amber quickly, then splitup and solo but stay partied to keep the time extensions flowing for everyone.

If you can get a healer/2box, targeting even match or higher monsters helps a lot for skillup rate in my experience as well (see more .2 and .3 skillups ) as long as your skill isnt so bad that you are whiffing constantly.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-12-05 08:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Sidiov said: »
which ele belts if any are worth holding on to for which ws? I have all 8 and would prefer to dump any I'll never use.

Which jobs do you care about? That's sort of relevant.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-05 08:43:53
Link | Citer | R

Derp. Too slow.

Bumping a question:
Can Banish's special defense down be overwritten by itself or do you have to wait for the effect to wear off?
Looks like it overwrites itself.
 Asura.Zarrox
Serveur: Asura
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Zarrox 2012-12-05 08:48:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Zarrox said: »
Try and skill somewhere where you can at least also get loot to take your mind off the slow skillups. Skilling gs/scythe is truly terrible to cap out.

I liked skilling my drk on Aby konschtat saplings, farming dark rings (getting a -6pdt+mdt ring really makes up for the skillup pains). Team up with friends to build azure+amber quickly, then splitup and solo but stay partied to keep the time extensions flowing for everyone.

If you can get a healer/2box, targeting even match or higher monsters helps a lot for skillup rate in my experience as well (see more .2 and .3 skillups ) as long as your skill isnt so bad that you are whiffing constantly.

My skill is currently 282 on GS (w/ 16 merits and the +3 from gloves...) and scythe is like 228.

I'll try that though, thanks!
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-05 08:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Derp. Too slow.

Bumping a question:
Looks like it overwrites itself.
Thanks much. And what are you still doing up? Go to sleep, yo.
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 831 832 833