users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Tachi: Shoha
Tachi: Shoha
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 38 39 40
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-29 01:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Well I see people using it as "save tp" which should mean it grants x-amount of Tp after ws, Hagakure and Discipline both have "save TP" and function like that.

Im not sure what you mean by reduced -10, you mean like you can ws at 90% tp?
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 01:42:03
Link | Citer | R

no i'm sorry i worded it wrong... like your WS normally costs all your tp, but it costs all but 10, get it? so cost-10.. as in its a reduction of TP cost to WS, as opposed to giving you 10 tp back AFTER you WS to 0 tp
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-29 01:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
no i'm sorry i worded it wrong... like your WS normally costs all your tp, but it costs all but 10, get it? so cost-10.. as in its a reduction of TP cost to WS, as opposed to giving you 10 tp back AFTER you WS to 0 tp
Maybe Im reading this wrong, but is that not the same thing? Say you ws at 110 tp, save 10tp, means you have 28~30tp after your ws.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 01:53:07
Link | Citer | R

ya, thats what i'm sayin... so its not that that tp is granted, its more that the cost is reduced, so I wouldn't say STP affects save tp whatsoever, which i believe was somebody's question.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-29 01:56:24
Link | Citer | R

ya, thats what i'm sayin... so its not that that tp is granted, its more that the cost is reduced, so I wouldn't say STP affects save tp whatsoever, which i believe was somebody's question.
It doesnt reduce the cost, it saves TP from your ws and returns it upon WSing. You still need 100 tp to ws. So in part it is granting you additional TP, from a save.

Edit: as far as stp, idk, Ive never gotten more than the listed save tp #, unless the Domaru enhances that aswell.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 01:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
It doesnt reduce the cost, it saves TP from your ws and returns it upon WSing. You still need 100 tp to ws. So in part it is granting you additional TP, from a save.

can be seen either way (and yes i know you still need 100 to WS, but it doesn't cost the 100 is what i was gettin at), as far as how the game maths it out, that i'm not sure of >_<. I would think STP wouldn't affect it at all though. Easy to test though
 Asura.Vrytreya
Serveur: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-29 02:15:41
Link | Citer | R

Let's just put it this way:
Save TP+ X = additional X TP is granted after you WS
Save TP+ 0 = additional 0 TP is granted after you WS (default case)
Save TP+10 = additional 10 TP is granted after you WS
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-12-29 03:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Looks like the relic+2 might be the way to go for amano/masamune, tp bonus GK gets too much tp to make it beneficial
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 06:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Oh and btw, where was it mathed out that gorget/belt beat pure STR in neck/waist for shoha?
 Cerberus.Weissberv
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2011-12-29 06:19:10
Link | Citer | R

I haven't checked most of this thread out but I've seen lots of heafoc mitts? Surely Unkai kote +2 would be prefered since it has acc+8 on top of it's 10 STR? Shoha is a two hit WS, meaning it doesn't get an accuracy boost I thought?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 06:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Weissberv said: »
I haven't checked most of this thread out but I've seen lots of heafoc mitts? Surely Unkai kote +2 would be prefered since it has acc+8 on top of it's 10 STR? Shoha is a two hit WS, meaning it doesn't get an accuracy boost I thought?

Doesn't matter, it has an 85% STR mod lol. Crazy STR build or GTFO! lol
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2011-12-29 06:25:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Weissberv said: »

Doesn't matter, it has an 85% STR mod lol. Crazy STR build or GTFO! lol

But Shoha sucks when one hit misses, may as well have used Fudo instead. While using Unkai kote +2 you actually gain +16 acc instead of using heafoc (or more since heafoc has -DEX).

EDIT: my bad unkai doesn't have +DEX xD

Also, if you miss your first hit, you've got to get another swing in your tp phase to actually do another WS.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 07:00:59
Link | Citer | R

When is accuracy ever really THAT big of an issue on sam? Never really has been for me anyways.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-29 07:08:46
Link | Citer | R

You are only really adding accuracy to the second hit as the first already has an accuracy.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2011-12-29 07:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Accuracy isn't that much of an issue as it was years ago but +16 acc instead of 3 STR simply wins in my book because Unkai will make you hit more especially on new content like VWNMs. That -acc on heafoc is painful on anything worth killing at the moment but I can't say anything about it with stalwarts up as I don't know how much accuracy that would give. If stalwart's tonic makes your acc capped or something that I'm not aware of then sure heafoc all the way but if not I'd still prefer the extra accuracy on that particular slot.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2011-12-29 07:11:19
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
You are only really adding accuracy to the second hit as the first already has an accuracy.

Really? I've always thought multi-hit weaponskills didn't have an accuracy boost at all. So it's always the first hit in a WS that has the boost?

Even still, 16 acc > 3 STR for the 2nd hit is better surely?
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-29 07:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Yup.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2011-12-29 07:18:10
Link | Citer | R

Only VWNM now that has high evasion even with temporary items is Lancing Lamorak and possibly, though doubtfully Lord Agas. All other VWNMs Stalwart's, Braver's, Unkai Sune-ate +2, Elemental Gorget and Elemental Belt is pretty much all the accuracy you need. Anything that isn't Voidwatch or Arch Dynamis NMs outside Abyssea is level 75 content really. I don't see a need to use Unkai Kote +2 over Heafoc Mitts.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-29 07:26:46
Link | Citer | R

^ Above, also pretty sure my Shoha set has more accuracy than my TP set.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Serveur: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-29 11:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Ok i fell asleep not long after i asked so this is a bit late but I curious as to where you all found "saves tp", I have trouble navigating the BG forums so i'm only going off what the BG wiki says.
 Bismarck.Aerison
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-29 11:25:20
Link | Citer | R

BG

wiki

What don't you understand?
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Serveur: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-29 11:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Gives an additional 2 TP back per merit level for any Overwhelm-affected Weapon Skill.

"it wasn't exactly Save TP"

Edit: then again it inst exactly the same wording as Ikishoten
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-29 11:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
And the potential double attacks/triple attacks.

And it's not +16, but +19 accuracy going from Heafoc to Unkai Kote +2 (counting the -3 from dex)

Llewelyn is right about Lancing Lamorak VWNM. That's one of the NM my SAM has some problem hitting, so murdering your acc on Shoha definitely not good.

Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
I have trouble navigating the BG forums so i'm only going off what the BG wiki says.
Well then... that's it. The "example" part of the page is the simplest explanation you can get.
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-29 11:33:40
Link | Citer | R

Okay so you are talking about the +2 body then and not save tp?

Well i'd assume that the ws has to land and overwhelm needs to take place. Depending on overwhelm merits if above conditions are met you will be given 2-10 tp back, similarly like save tp.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-29 11:42:22
Link | Citer | R

Or maybe that's not necessarily the requirement?
The mob was out of range, so I'm guessing it's running away from the player and hence, overwhelm checks return false. If overwhelm checks return true (facing the mob), then the Saotome Domaru +2 augments trigger, saving 2x #of overwhelm merit TP
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-29 11:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Or maybe that's not necessarily the requirement?
The mob was out of range, so I'm guessing it's running away from the player and hence, overwhelm checks return false. If overwhelm checks return true (facing the mob), then the Saotome Domaru +2 augments trigger, saving 2x #of overwhelm merit TP

Could be true as well.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 13:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so this leave the question: Of the 3 major bodies then, Avant +1, Ace's or AF2+2, which would be the best option?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2011-12-29 14:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Did I miss the page where people were saying Avant +1 stood up to Ace's? And AF2+2 is only if you want to put in more toys in your Amano/Masa TP build, so I guess it depends on what you have. Kantontachi users get plenty of TP with the higher delay so they don't really need to worry about that.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 14:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Ya I figured Ace's still won, but I see a ton of Avant+1 sams out there on our server LL
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-12-29 14:05:10
Link | Citer | R

as far as my math has gone, ace's for tp bonus. Af2+2 for amano/masa (assuming you have the stuff like mp merits/ganesha's mala/etc.)
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 38 39 40