Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-26 10:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Can you show me the TP/WS set you'd use?

Use either taint's or karaek's tp set and the ws sets are almost identical. Both can be found on this page. (scroll up)

Those are both very good 5-hit set-ups for Masamune/Amano, but I think Dirtyfinger might have been referring his question to this post ...

Chyula said: »
are we forgetting about a 4hit build with Kikugosaku?. Shoha make this build very deadly.

But he's hungover, so maybe that's why it wasn't clear :)

Oh okay i'll see what I can do then.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-26 10:28:25
Link | Citer | R

It's possible but you'd need to TP in AF3 Head & Body, but you could TP in Ace's Leggings this time. Also need to WS in Unkai Haidate +2 along with Rajas/Brutal etc, maybe Hagneia too but not sure - Just Rajas/Brutal/Unkai Haidate +2.

Handy being a 2-hit ws.

Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-26 10:40:37
Link | Citer | R

In order to 4-hit with a Kikugosaku,
one would need to TP using:

Kikugosaku
Rose Strap
Hag. Stone
Unkai +2 helmet
Unkai neck
Unkai earring
Brutal Earring
Unkai +2 domaru
hands that are *not* Ace's Mufflers
Rajas Ring
Tyrant Ring
Misuuchi Kappa
Goading Belt
Unkai +2 haidate
Ace's Leggings

This would give the SAM +100 "Store TP" (merits and gear), which is 26 TP per hit with a 480 Delay weapon.

That means the SAM would need 22 TP return from his/her Tachi:Shoha, which is doable, considering it's a 2-hit WS, if the SAM is getting some extra TP return by wearing Breeze Belt and Unkai +2 sune-ate during WS.

You'd be sacrificing some Haste and Attack in the TP phase, and some STR during WS, but the fact that it's a viable non-crappy 4-hit set-up is certainly intriguing. You wouldn't see the extra-large Tachi:Shoha that the Kantonotachi produces, and you wouldn't get the aftermath bonus that Masamune offers ... but it's still workable, and the greater WS frequency (4-hit build) probably makes up for some (if not all or more?) of the DPS lost from less Haste during TP and less STR during WS.

Nice idea.
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-26 10:43:44
Link | Citer | R

Your DPS is lower with a 4-hit, you are better off sticking to a 5-hit
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-26 10:44:07
Link | Citer | R

It's possible but you'd need to TP in AF3 Head & Body, but you could TP in Ace's Leggings this time. Also need to WS in Unkai Haidate +2 along with Rajas/Brutal etc, maybe Hagneia too but not sure - Just Rajas/Brutal/Unkai Haidate +2.

Handy being a 2-hit ws.

Unless I'm doing the math wrong, that's only 25.3 TP per hit.

Maybe I'm missing something?

If not, I don't think Bullwhip Belt is viable for the 4-hit set-up. You'd need to use Goading Belt.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-12-26 10:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Handy being a 2-hit ws.

Unless I'm doing the math wrong, that's only 25.3 TP per hit.

Maybe I'm missing something?

If not, I don't think Bullwhip Belt is viable for the 4-hit set-up. You'd need to use Goading Belt.
26.0 according to ffxicalc
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-26 10:59:58
Link | Citer | R

40+54 is 25.2 TP per hit.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-26 11:04:00
Link | Citer | R

Blah, that's what I was doing wrong. My TP calculator didn't account for Store TP V @ level 90.

Guess I need to find an updated version.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-12-26 11:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Blah, that's what I was doing wrong. My TP calculator didn't account for Store TP V @ level 90.

Guess I need to find an updated version.
Not sure what you're using, but if it's ffxi-calc, it comes w/ a built in updater

Help > Check for updates
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 12:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Blah, that's what I was doing wrong. My TP calculator didn't account for Store TP V @ level 90. Guess I need to find an updated version.
Not sure what you're using, but if it's ffxi-calc, it comes w/ a built in updater Help > Check for updates

I'm getting 25.2 as well.

Either way I would recommend a 5hit. Stack more att,DA/TA/QA and WS freely. WS delay alone can make a 4hit better on paper then practive. Even in VW you'll still have a 3hit either way.
[+]
By Chyula 2011-12-26 15:49:12
Link | Citer | R

It's possible but you'd need to TP in AF3 Head & Body, but you could TP in Ace's Leggings this time. Also need to WS in Unkai Haidate +2 along with Rajas/Brutal etc, maybe Hagneia too but not sure - Just Rajas/Brutal/Unkai Haidate +2. Handy being a 2-hit ws. 26.0
Unless I'm doing the math wrong, that's only 25.3 TP per hit. Maybe I'm missing something? If not, I don't think Bullwhip Belt is viable for the 4-hit set-up. You'd need to use Goading Belt.

Able to drop af3+2 pant and sam earring and replace it with the 7% pants and regain earring to maint a 4 hit build? or replace ace with usu to make it 4 hit while still having capped haste?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 15:51:48
Link | Citer | R

It's possible but you'd need to TP in AF3 Head & Body, but you could TP in Ace's Leggings this time. Also need to WS in Unkai Haidate +2 along with Rajas/Brutal etc, maybe Hagneia too but not sure - Just Rajas/Brutal/Unkai Haidate +2. Handy being a 2-hit ws. 26.0
Unless I'm doing the math wrong, that's only 25.3 TP per hit. Maybe I'm missing something? If not, I don't think Bullwhip Belt is viable for the 4-hit set-up. You'd need to use Goading Belt.
Able to drop af3+2 pant and sam earring and replace it with the 7% pants and regain earring to maint a 4 hit build? or replace ace with usu to make it 4 hit while still having capped haste?

Every SAM should have a TPbonus moonshade.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-26 15:54:19
Link | Citer | R

All senior citizens should have Life Alert.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-26 16:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Unless you had Amano pre-Shoha
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 16:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Unless you had Amano pre-Shoha

There is a whole thread on that! Regain moonshade has extremely limited use. MNK only DD, OAT DRG and.....thats about it. Even Amno should have had TPbonus for YGK and since the regain didn't improve gear sets.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Serveur: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-28 20:48:09
Link | Citer | R

I don't ever recall this being covered in this thread but how does Ogier's Breeches compare to unkai haidate +2? Trading 8str and 8dex for the 3% WS bonus and 20att/acc?
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-12-28 21:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Any thoughts on the 10save TP from relic+2 body w/ overwhelm to enable better tp gear while keeping a 5hit?
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-28 21:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Any thoughts on the 10save TP from relic+2 body w/ overwhelm to enable better tp gear while keeping a 5hit?
Unless it puts you over into a 4hit while still keeping max haste, I don't believe the marginal dps you gain during tp phase would out do the dmg you lose from dropping all the str and att in ws phase.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Serveur: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-28 21:15:34
Link | Citer | R

I think it's a good opportunity for Kantonotachi user turning their 5-hit build to 4-hit build. I remember making a 4-hit build with 100 total STP when using Kikugosaku. Now considering extra hit on Shoha and higher delay Kanto, You need 45 gear STP total in average to get 4-hit build/
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-28 21:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Do we know if this 10tp is effect by stp like Ikishoten?
 Asura.Vrytreya
Serveur: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-28 21:42:43
Link | Citer | R

It's affected by your overwhelm merit.
2 save TP per overwhelm merit -> 10 save TP for full overwhelm merit.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-28 21:47:25
Link | Citer | R

What i am refering to is it grants to 10tp, Ikishoten grants you 15tp on proc. Now when Zanshin procs you get (15)*(1+stp), what i am asking is if SE applied this same mechanic to this tp granted since its similar.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Serveur: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2011-12-29 00:20:33
Link | Citer | R

could i get some advice on my gimpurai? i just finished shoha 5/5 not too long ago, and wanted to see where i could improve, my budget isnt too huge right now though. any recommendations should be kept to a couple hundred K a piece, or easily farmed with a decent party

By Ariaum 2011-12-29 00:45:40
Link | Citer | R

good second STR ring, moonshade.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-29 00:52:18
Link | Citer | R

I dont see any VW titles on your profile, so I would assume you dont do any VW yet?

If so you're a tad under in stp on your 5hit. 20 per hit during your TP phase, with 16.9 with any 1hits and 18.4 with 2hits landing(which should be np). Id assume VV's regain in abyssea, although imo A&O is still better than VV.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Serveur: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2011-12-29 01:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
I dont see any VW titles on your profile, so I would assume you dont do any VW yet?

If so you're a tad under in stp on your 5hit. 20 per hit during your TP phase, with 16.9 with any 1hits and 18.4 with 2hits landing(which should be np). Id assume VV's regain in abyssea, although imo A&O is still better than VV.

not one VW done yet, dont really have a helpful/significant LS to take care of business.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 01:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
What i am refering to is it grants to 10tp, Ikishoten grants you 15tp on proc. Now when Zanshin procs you get (15)*(1+stp), what i am asking is if SE applied this same mechanic to this tp granted since its similar.

It doesn't GRANT tp, it SAVES tp. Big difference.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-29 01:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
It doesn't GRANT tp, it SAVES tp. Big difference.
While theres a big difference in words, in the end the outcome is the same. You get 10tp(granted...or saved) after ws ontop of what your ws tp initially gives.

Does this stack with Hagakure and Discipline? That would mean every 3 mins you have a 2-3hit.......and 1hit if you're Nabis.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-29 01:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Are you sure the extra 10 tp is granted, and not just cost of WS reduced to all -10?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 38 39 40