Catastrophe Set Help.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Catastrophe set help.
Catastrophe set help.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-10 15:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I'm not great with ffxi math but let's say 700 base attack + 62.5 attack if endark is 400 dark magic skill /20 x 2.5 + 12.5. 765 + 25% (last resort) + 10% (stalwarts which i couldn't find a value for online while at work). Without debuffs im looking at 1025ish attack and that's not even 256th'ing percentages right. I recall reading somewhere something about 1200 attack needed to cap attack (was in a torcleaver thread) on voidwrought and you only have last resort like 71% of the time...
Missing RCB +150 Then Debuffs/songs/rolls

I thought I accounted for food but i ballparked with 700. I know that my torcleaver set is high 7's pre-buff (with bison steak/rcb) and being that I don't have apoc, i didn't have a good attack/ws setup to pull from memory ;x
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-11-10 15:20:10
Link | Citer | R

I finally completed my Apocalypse a couple weeks ago, but I had been working on gear sets over a year in advance. These are a few that I`ve come up with.

My first sets are for when you're not eating food, or eating anything but Spaghetti Arrabiatta or Carbonara.

TP pre-aftermath - 26% haste, +48 stp for 20.5 tp per hit.

Catastrophe - +35 stp for 18.7 tp per ws.

TP w/ aftermath - 19% haste, +49 stp for 20.7 tp per hit.

You can also use an Adaman Hauberk with at least +5 stp, or even an Askar Korazin if you're too cheap for either of those. I've chosen Aurum Cuirass because it's relatively easy for me to obtain at this time and just barely comes up short of what an adaman hauberk has stat wise. Adaman Hauberk augmented with stp+5 and double attack +2-3% would definitely be the best choice for that slot though.

I also created sets specifically for the use of Arrabbiata or Carbonara. Arrabbiata is an incredible food that combines the positive effects of a Carbonara and a Red Curry bun. They're kind of rare but if you have them made they are well worth your trouble.

TP pre-aftermath - 26% haste, +47 stp for 20.4 tp per hit.

Catastrophe - +34 stp for 18.6 tp per ws.

TP w/ aftermath - 22% haste, +47 stp for 20.4 tp per hit.

This aftermath set may have too much haste right now, but it leaves a lot of breathing room for any changes in the future. The head, hands or body could be replaced should something better be released or discovered.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-10 15:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Biginallways said: »
Khthonios gloves should be the best out there in most situations
Only if cRatio capped. Otherwise, I'd suggest Brute Gauntlets.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-10 15:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Sylph.Biginallways said: »
Khthonios gloves should be the best out there in most situations
Only if cRatio capped. Otherwise, I'd suggest Brute Gauntlets.

Why Brute over Heafoc? Esp on VW mobs fSTR and a 154 weapon shouldn't be easily capped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-10 16:04:48
Link | Citer | R

8 STR on both, leaves 5 STR vs 3 AGI 5 attack. Break it down, 1.25 fSTR vs 1.2 WSC 1.25 attack...

Hm. Actually, with the set I was comparing it with I got 2 fSTR out of Heafoc and 2 WSC out of Brute. Interesting. Anyway, there's really not much difference between the two (even before examining it the difference was only ~5 damage, probably gained 2 attack from Brute) so they could be considered functionally equivalent.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Greezy
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2011-12-15 10:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Cata Set

diamond ring: +3 int
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-16 08:04:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm sitting at work wishing I could be meriting and playing with new content.

However, while I sit here not being able to try stuff out I wanted to ask a question or two:

Would I be better off using a version of a cata set:

Or massing INT:

I was leaning toward the INT stack because if I were in a situation that was very high defense I would be using Quietus. If attack isn't high I would be using Torcleaver (and eventually Cata). Like i said, all i've done so far is level break. I think entropy might end up being a way for mp in a pinch (and a novelty for "i can has drain/aspir ws on drk") or a replacement for guillotine (at least til i finish apoc). Any thoughts?

Also, I am curious as to the answer to Greezy's first question. I was always told that most relics benefit more from attack than their modifiers but no one explained it properly to me.
 Sylph.Lorax
Serveur: Sylph
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-16 09:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Contrary to what others have said, Entropy is stupid good. Just finished getting it 5/5 and I had no trouble breaking 6k with it. I was doing 5k+ in my bloody TP set @ 100TP. All of this inside abyssea, I've yet to try it on anything hard though, so that will have to be it's true test.

The attack question is pretty simple. Catastrophe, like torc and many many others does not have an innate attack boost. Until you are @ capped attack against your target, attack will do more than just about anything you can stack. Though with LR, endark, maybe a stalwarts if it's handy, and food, capping attack on MOST content is pretty viable.

In which case your 2nd set is pretty straight on.

Good luck when you finish your Apoc. Like most with multiple drk emp/relic/mythic weapon options, you'll find yourself using it the most. The utility of it is unmatched.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-16 09:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lorax said: »
Contrary to what others have said, Entropy is stupid good. Just finished getting it 5/5 and I had no trouble breaking 6k with it.

Contrary to what others have said, Entropy is stupid good. Just finished getting it 5/5 and I had no trouble breaking 6k with it. I was doing 5k+ in my bloody TP set @ 100TP. All of this inside abyssea, I've yet to try it on anything hard though, so that will have to be it's true test. The attack question is pretty simple. Catastrophe, like torc and many many others does not have an innate attack boost. Until you are @ capped attack against your target, attack will do more than just about anything you can stack. Though with LR, endark, maybe a stalwarts if it's handy, and food, capping attack on MOST content is pretty viable. In which case your 2nd set is pretty straight on. Good luck when you finish your Apoc. Like most with multiple drk emp/relic/mythic weapon options, you'll find yourself using it the most. The utility of it is unmatched.

How are your cata's comparing? Is it the kind of thing where you'd cata > entropy > entropy > cata to maintain aftermath or just solid Cata's?

Also, I used to make my mom read that book everyday when i was a little one because a thneed is something everyone needs.
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-16 09:57:50
Link | Citer | R

!!! For comparison my cata's were doing 2.8k~ avg, spiked up to 5.4k. Atma's were RR/GH/AoA, eating Montagna (gotta cap them skeelz!).

I'll be doing some parsing with it today or tomorrow to give a better idea of the average on a few different mob types. But initial testing has me thinking it's gonna be like @ 75 again. 300tp cata > guillo guillo guillo > cata, but replace the guillo's with entropy lol.

Needless to say I was pretty freakin' geeked. Also, highest spike (on deimobugards) was 8.2k.

ALSO... Not sure if anything has been reported about this stuff or not. But I noticed a Conserve-TP proc while WSing in my tp set (no conserve-tp gear anywhere). Normal ws was netting 24tp, I'd EYEBALL that 20%~ of the time it would double the TP return. Several times I did Entropy > DA > Entropy.

This could be a glitch, or just a really badass hidden effect, but I checked my set like 400x to make sure I didn't have conserve-tp on.

Tl;Dr I have a stiffy for Entropy.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-16 10:18:29
Link | Citer | R

I want to see it outside.

Tl;Dr I have a stiffy for Entropy.

Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-16 10:19:29
Link | Citer | R

I'll get that going later today and let ya know. Maybe if CN has cleared out a little I can do GoV pages there for merits to unlock resolution... while testing entropy on VT mobs. /wishfulthinking
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-16 10:21:05
Link | Citer | R

I'll get that going later today and let ya know. Maybe if CN has cleared out a little I can do GoV pages there for merits to unlock resolution... while testing entropy on VT mobs. /wishfulthinking

Did you use your cata set for it?
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-16 10:27:33
Link | Citer | R

For entropy? No, was doing all testing in my tp set. I did one WS in an int/str mix, but missed a hit on it and it flopped to like 4.4k. 22 tp return.

Anyone got any idea why spellcast isn't recognizing this WS? It's just not workin' for me, and I'm too lazy these days to bother with old style macros.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-16 11:06:02
Link | Citer | R

For entropy? No, was doing all testing in my tp set. I did one WS in an int/str mix, but missed a hit on it and it flopped to like 4.4k. 22 tp return.

Anyone got any idea why spellcast isn't recognizing this WS? It's just not workin' for me, and I'm too lazy these days to bother with old style macros.

done //updateresources?
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-16 11:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, first thing I did when it broke. Still ain't swapping. I'll double check my spellcast file. Might be something there.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-16 12:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, first thing I did when it broke. Still ain't swapping. I'll double check my spellcast file. Might be something there.

I havent unlocked entropy yet, but it gearswaps for me on resolution atleast
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-16 13:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Figured it out, well to clarify Ballzack did. I'm not as spellcast savvy as he is. X{D
 Bismarck.Greezy
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2011-12-16 22:37:55
Link | Citer | R

How do you write a rule for spellcast to equip set if buff active, i know it can be done, but i'm not sure how to word it
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-17 12:18:18
Link | Citer | R

Was working on an entropy build prior to initial testing, what do you guys think of this?

I could get more INT (jet seraweels, +2 gloves) but I'm unsure what will be better really, and I want to test with stuff I can either buy or already own for now.

Also, does anyone know what ele gorget/belt line up with it?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-17 14:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Pole grip and apoc makes my eyes bleed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-17 23:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Was working on an entropy build prior to initial testing, what do you guys think of this?

I could get more INT (jet seraweels, +2 gloves) but I'm unsure what will be better really, and I want to test with stuff I can either buy or already own for now.

Also, does anyone know what ele gorget/belt line up with it?

Gravitation/reverberation so shadow/soil and water.

Armada or shadow pants can have 2 less Int but have attack and possibly other mods (str). I think the new red mantis pants (ogier's breeches) would be far and away best for it now.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-18 23:07:54
Link | Citer | R

Barring POIDH, how crazy of a ninjabuff did they give it? Shouldn't be breaking 2.2k with 180 INT the way it was on the test server (4x 0.75 fTP) and maybe 3.5k with a Triple Attack.

Entropy wasn't anywhere near that on the test server. They ninjabuffed it for sure (or you're a trolling dirty filthy liar and this is just cruel).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-19 07:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Barring POIDH, how crazy of a ninjabuff did they give it? Shouldn't be breaking 2.2k with 180 INT the way it was on the test server (4x 0.75 fTP) and maybe 3.5k with a Triple Attack. Entropy wasn't anywhere near that on the test server. They ninjabuffed it for sure (or you're a trolling dirty filthy liar and this is just cruel).

I felt the same way when he said 6k after reading test server findings. He has been extraordinarily reliable (at least to me) in the past though.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-19 07:48:58
Link | Citer | R

I've heard of pretty sick Entropy numbers from others aswell, not merited it myself yet, but from what people keep telling me, I think I'm gonna do it really soon >_>
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-19 12:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Crosspost:

Quote:
Even with gorget and belt (mind you he had to ask which to use) and 300tp he shouldn't average better than 3250 with 180 INT on 5/5. 4450 with Souleater, and all told maybe 6.4k with Souleater, Triple Attack, 300tp, and belt/gorget. I'm still calling *** because he was not saying he was using Souleater, had to ask what belt/gorget to use, and still did a way-too-high number in his TP set (4.4k on one missed when he'd need belt/gorget and all hits landed with Souleater to see that).

We need some disclosure (and screenshots). His numbers are possible, but still not in line with expectations unless he's pushing 250+ INT.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-19 12:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Have the ftp of these new weaponskills been tested again after actual release? Might've been changed without notice
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-19 13:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Was working on an entropy build prior to initial testing, what do you guys think of this? I could get more INT (jet seraweels, +2 gloves) but I'm unsure what will be better really, and I want to test with stuff I can either buy or already own for now. Also, does anyone know what ele gorget/belt line up with it?
Gravitation/reverberation so shadow/soil and water. Armada or shadow pants can have 2 less Int but have attack and possibly other mods (str). I think the new red mantis pants (ogier's breeches) would be far and away best for it now.

Glad you brought that up, I have armada legs with +10 str and +3 int, should be very nice for entropy.
[+]
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-19 13:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how to post Kparser Data?

I did some 70~ entropys on DC-EM ***in CN and I'd like to post the data to you guys

Also parsed some numbers on T1 voidwatch that is inconclusive cause that ***is weak, but still.

Edit: This will have to work.

Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-20 19:17:00
Link | Citer | R

Two things:

1. That's all fine and dandy, but not very useful without knowing the stats/gear you were using, especially gorget/belt.

2. You should have alternated it with Guillotine just to break people out of comparing it to old numbers with non-Apocs. It looks stellar because you're now level 99 with the highest base damage in the game, but Guillotine never got any weaker...

I don't doubt now that with 100% INT mod it can outperform Guillotine with a dedicated set, and with Gorget/Belt affecting all hits it definitely will at 100tp and beyond (3.8 @100tp, 4.55 @300tp)

Still trading 5 STR, 23 Accuracy, 23 Attack, 1% Double Attack for 0.8 fTP though. Might want to see about breaking out the +25 WSAcc MKD helms ;D