Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 45 46 47
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-25 02:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If there are few melee on it its probably going to unload tp right after the spell. Or it leaves you stunned/petrified/terror'd and that 13% pdt (compared to a 5/4 pdt/mdt drk ring) means more than your 3 mdb.

your talking like you cannot change gear when stunned/petrified/terror'd, you can still change to PDT as soon as mob's spell goes off if thats what set you want on.

also if its going to unload a TP right after then you have that few second to switch to PDT if required.

also i dont buy the 1/2 paying attention when tanking on PLD, that just says to me that your not gonna be doing your job properly anyways
 Phoenix.Gustavve
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-08-25 07:53:51
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing you only play one character at a time.

It was to show that the effort and the inventory was not worth for a marginal to no gain depending on how the fight goes.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-08-25 08:01:00
Link | Citer | R

If you're gonna ask a question about rings in his mdt set, it should be "why is there no archon ring"
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-08-26 08:36:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm almost doing remaking my xml from pretty much scratch. My xml was about 3~ years old. My cure cheats were macros when I played @lvl75 but I used trigger spells to do them this time. What do you guys think?

Normal Cures
Code
  <if spell="Cure|Cure II|Cure III|Cure IV">
      <if buffactive="Magic shield">
        <equip when="precast|midcast" set="Cure_Rampart" />
      </if>
      <else>
	    <if targettype="Self">   
         <action type="midcastdelay" delay="1.5" />
         <equip when="Midcast" set="Cure" />
		</if>
		<else>   
         <action type="midcastdelay" delay="1.5" />
         <equip when="Midcast" set="Cure_Self" />
		</else>
	  </else>
    </if>

Cure cheat rules
Code
<!-- Cure 3 Cheat -->
	<!-- Add " Alias Cheat3 input /ma "Netherspikes" <t> " to your init.txt file --> 
	<if spell="Netherspikes">
	 <action type="midcastdelay" delay="1.1" />
	 <action type="aftercastdelay" delay="2.5" />
	 <equip when="Precast" set="HP_Down_C3" />
	 <command>input /raw /ma "Cure III" <me></command>
	 <equip when="midcast" set="HP_Up_C3" />
	</if>
	<!-- Cure 3 Cheat -->
	<!-- Add " Alias Cheat4 input /ma "Carnal Nightmare" <t> " to init.txt file --> 
	<if spell="Carnal Nightmare">
	 <action type="midcastdelay" delay="1.1" />
	 <action type="aftercastdelay" delay="3" />
	 <equip when="Precast" set="HP_Down_C4" />
	 <command>input /raw /ma "Cure IV" <me></command>
	 <equip when="midcast" set="HP_Up_C4" />
	</if>

Activated with //cheat3 and //cheat4
At lvl 75 I used cure 3 cheat much more than I did 4. It was quicker to get off in between ni and ichi.

I'll post the whole thing once I'm finished. I think it just needs a few finishing touches. I used variables to swap my idle set between idle set and tp set, to turn refresh gear on and off, and to cycle between tp sets.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-08-26 11:47:00
Link | Citer | R

http://pastebin.com/Hqpn7ass

Updated. Also trying to make less sets and consolidate inventory. If you copy and paste do it from pastebin so the & l t ;me& g t ; are not broken.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-26 11:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gustavve said: »
I'm guessing you only play one character at a time.

It was to show that the effort and the inventory was not worth for a marginal to no gain depending on how the fight goes.

i do 2box but never when on PLD

Bismarck.Altar said: »
If you're gonna ask a question about rings in his mdt set, it should be "why is there no archon ring"

because i have never went for it, to busy working on ochain atm and helping others get items they want
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-26 17:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said: »
Depending on the proc mechanics (if you have any information I'd love to see it), might not be worthwhile. If the damage you're taking is consistently below proc threshold when in MDT gear you'd be better off not using it. That's one item where I would potentially make different gear choices depending on whether or not you have Aegis but again, I don't have enough info to really say either way so I left it out.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-08-28 02:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Updated xml. Any comments or advice?

Edit: Added a few variables to swap when going from aegis to ochain (3 stacks of souls this week so If I keep pace I'll finish this weekend). Other than knocking out shield torque/knightly earring for cure/stoneskin/ichi I don't know of anything else that would be different.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-30 17:14:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
Due to that, I wanted to make a compilation of basic PLD knowledge. Tests on shield block rates.

ok so i went out and parsed the difference between Kaiser Shield and Ochain 85 since i now have ochain 85 now, also somone else was interested, so here is my results

Target Mob: Squib
Zone: Abyssea - Mis
Cheaked as: Tough

Kaiser Shield
No. of Hits: 1001
Crit Blocks: 11
Norm. Blocks: 459
Block rate: 46.953%

Ochain 85
No. of Hits: 1018
Crit Blocks: 9
Norm. Blocks: 469
Block rate: 46.954%

kept all gear static and no gear changes at all, same atma and exact same mob, i might get bad comments for this but a test is a test

to be honest i was exprcting Ochain 85 to be a lower block rate
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-08-30 17:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Lightvision said: »
kept all gear static and no gear changes at all, same atma and exact same mob, i might get bad comments for this but a test is a test to be honest i was exprcting Ochain 85 to be a lower block rate
The only thing this test would be proving is that Ochain 85 is a size 3 shield and as we all know/assumed it gains nothing til 90.

Atleast we know that you get nothing 80-85(although most have said this already, least someone did a small sample testing to show this)
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-30 18:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
kept all gear static and no gear changes at all, same atma and exact same mob, i might get bad comments for this but a test is a test to be honest i was exprcting Ochain 85 to be a lower block rate
The only thing this test would be proving is that Ochain 85 is a size 3 shield and as we all know/assumed it gains nothing til 90.

Atleast we know that you get nothing 80-85(although most have said this already, least someone did a small sample testing to show this)

wasnt it said that Ochain was a size 6 shield, this information was takin from the dats?

the reason why i was expecting a lower block rate was because as size's increase the blockrate is lower but damage reduction is larger with exception of Ochain 90 and Aegis, and whild the 85 has no hidden effect i was expecting a lower block rate than a size 3 shield.

i was also lead to believe this as well from what somone had told me from thier own tests. i did know that only Ochain 90 has the uber block rate.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-08-30 18:41:55
Link | Citer | R

wasnt it said that Ochain was a size 6 shield, this information was takin from the dats? the reason why i was expecting a lower block rate was because as size's increase the blockrate is lower but damage reduction is larger with exception of Ochain 90 and Aegis, and whild the 85 has no hidden effect i was expecting a lower block rate than a size 3 shield. i was also lead to believe this as well from what somone had told me from thier own tests. i did know that only Ochain 90 has the uber block rate.
I dont remember if in the dats it was only the 90 version that was seen as size 6.

We really dont know how size 5 and 6 shields behave as the only ones that are currently considered those sizes are aegis and Ochain and they seem to break the mold as far as what is expected of -normal- shields that size.

My basic assumption would be that either even with that size just for simplistic sake SE left it as that model but perhaps treat it as a size 3 and doesnt gain size 6 til obviously 90 or, the sample is still to small(5k-10k is a good size but ya....) Also while you recorded blocks, you didnt record overall damage that you took perhaps it reduces more damage over kaiser.

Either way your done with the hardest part, dragon trial wont take you that long.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-08-30 19:08:20
Link | Citer | R

85 Ochain is a perfectly normal size 3 shield. And it does show as size 3 in the dats.

90 Ochain shows as a size 6 in the dats. And it's the shield size that determines a shields base block rate and dmg reduction. Although the dmg reduction is modified by the def on the shield itself.

The old larger size, lower block rate, higher dmg reduction, standard doesn't apply to Aegis or Ochain. They're unique.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-30 19:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Kaiser shield
Damage taken: 17000

Ochain 80
Damage taken: 17925
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-08-30 19:17:31
Link | Citer | R

Makes sense. Kaiser has 3 more def than Ochain(85), equating to 1.5% additional dmg reduction on blocks.
By Blazed1979 2011-08-31 12:31:12
Link | Citer | R

has anyone seen what Ochain and Aegis 95 stats are on the test server?
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2011-08-31 12:34:31
Link | Citer | R

From BG: (google translated)

Up to 45% Magic Damage IV performance under 40 proof Aegis Shield Bash

When the fire-proof shield 40 VIT +22 Ohan, 30% of the conversion to MP under the physical damage

looks like:

DEF:40 Augments "Shield Bash" IV Magic damage taken -45%
LV 95 PLD

DEF:40 VIT+22 Converts 30% of damage taken to MP upon successful block
LV 95 PLD
By Blazed1979 2011-08-31 13:27:08
Link | Citer | R

interesting. guess SE doesn't mind Aegis PLDs taking 0 dmg from Nukes lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2011-08-31 13:40:13
Link | Citer | R

There aren't many choices besides toreadors/mars/keen/snipers+1 for a second ring slot during tp.
there's a ring with 12 acc but i think it has like -10 atk or something.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 13:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Blitz unless you have Ninurta's, in which case you could rock Strigoi/Pyrosoul or Mars' as appropriate.
By Blazed1979 2011-08-31 13:51:55
Link | Citer | R

"what else? I can't really rely on that lol if anyone has ideas for capped acc rings please, ramble away. I wouldof thought Keen next at attack +7 but everywhere I turn someone is bashing that ring lol "

wasn't very clear. reads like your asking for rings to help cap your acc, instead of a ring with atk for when your acc is capped.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-02 05:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Is ninurta/atk ring better than goading/blitz? Also is it worthwhile to tp in creed collar over fort?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-09-02 06:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Yes, with the exception of whether or not you drop a hit with Goading. In that case it'd win unless attack is horribly uncapped. Blitz is really just to hard cap Haste, which is meh overall.

If you mean using collar for the reduce enmity loss then I wouldn't (unless you have absolutely nothing left to cap offensively.) Can do if needing MP though.

What I use for accuracy.

Capped Accuracy

Probably some better options, I haven't really looked at many.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-09-02 07:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Which in particular? I haven't done them all, but the highest evasion I've encountered is Lord Asag.

Currently what I'm using for MNK where I can't cap accuracy, improvements to be made but does fine

497.8 Accuracy, 580.9 after sushi.

The above PLD set is 498.1, 581.2 after Sushi. Of course assuming 15DEX on sword and merits, requiring a level 105+ enemy or higher than 481 evasion to uncap (with food). Swapping Haste choices out would be detrimental since usually receiving Marches at VW.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-09-02 07:16:19
Link | Citer | R

I haven't had issues on stuff like Hahava or anything, on Lord Asag I was uncapped when Aggressor dropped (even with sushi). They're evasive but it's not as bad for 1 handers as it was at 75 (though we aren't exactly fighting with 10-20 levels of cratio either). Though again, can't account for all VWNM.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 45 46 47