Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47
 Asura.Highwynn
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-06 13:25:29
Link | Citer | R

I think i'll hold off on enmity till af3, cizin helm is decent for flash with fc and haste, galea for voke/sentinel and other VE JA's.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-03-06 13:30:21
Link | Citer | R

yeah I'm waiting as well I haven't even touched the latest skirmish I'm sorta getting sick of ***only being optimal for 30-45 days and if AF3 reforged is anything like it was pre-update the body will be ***tons of Acc and DT-% feet will be tons of Acc as well so I'll just wait my inventory can't handle all the strains of super duper situational pieces
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-03-07 06:52:19
Link | Citer | R

So i not played in almost 2 months ish kinda, KoTR and Savage blade are best WS now? o.O
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-08 13:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Neat fact. Enlight II overwrites and prevents Auspice(and Enlight I.) No more WHM's overwriting Enlight just before engaging. <,<
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-10 14:59:58
Link | Citer | R

This is awkward but I'm unsure how to proceed. My Savage Blades at 1000TP destroy my cdc when dual wielding which makes very little sense to me. Cdc with fotia neck and belt is something like a 9.8fTP right? 2.45 x 4 =9.8

For cdc, using augmented acro head/body with various stats attack/acc 20ish and crit damage 3%, fotia belt neck, huginn feet, scuffler's cosciales. Rajas/ramuh ring, moonshade/brutal and a jukukik feather, miki hands and rancorous mantle. Cdc on Restless Twitheyrm is ranging from 2.7k to 6k. Savage blade using a similar set but with floestone,acro leggings/acro breeches and str accessories is yielding 5.6-7.5k at 1000TP but it's only a 4.0ftp WS, well 5 with DW, but on paper CDC should be nearly double that ftp

Hell even vorpal blades which use the same set as cdc are doing about 1k more on average. So weird. Double checked with showswaps, and gear is swapping correctly.

Anyone have a link for latest kparser? I want to parse the differences instead of eyeball.

Savages are all done immediately after hitting 1000TP though because of overflow, they may be somewhere between 1000-1200 but still. The only reason I can see that would account for this is that Savage has possibly a potent attack modifier like Ground Strike/Spinning Slash? Or maybe I shouldn't use Huginn, given compared to Vanir, that's 29DEX missing on a 80% DEX mod WS?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-10 15:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Mikinaak hands, and Huginn Gambieras are Terrible CDC pieces(Huginn being that bad makes me sad.)

Huginn got dethroned by Vanir even before the WS update though. But post update with that 80% dex mod, virtually Anything with dex beats Huginn by hundreds of dmg. Huginn -> Vanir is like 300~ DMG.

Mikinaak have high str and atk. And really low dex for hands. Well, unless those are B paths. Which are decent. but still easily beaten.

A-path Mikinaak hands to dex aug'd buremte is around a 500 DMG difference. But dex/DA/atk aug'd Acro hands would be about 200 dmg ahead of the buremte.

For your acro head/hands, whether they're decent CDC gear, or mediocre is going to depend pretty heavily on what those "Various stats" are. if the leaf aug is DA+3, then they'd be ok'ish.

But in most cases, the crt dmg+ aug gets thoroughly Stomped on by DEX+. So DEX/DA/acc+atk tend to be optimal augs for CDC. The question is whether you would make a Chant specific Acro set. Although, DEX/DA acro makes for pretty good TP gear anyway.

Oh also, Lugra earring/+1 is delicious CDC gear with latent up. Even the NQ will beat moonshade(regardless of unity status.) <,<;; And you can wear both NQ and HQ, soooo. Too damn bad it's latent linked.

There's a forum post here on AH, where someone updated Kparser, since motenten is MIA. I'll dig around for it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-10 15:58:03
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/16905/new-memloc-for-kparser/5/#2829136
By Pantafernando 2015-03-10 16:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
This is awkward but I'm unsure how to proceed. My Savage Blades at 1000TP destroy my cdc when dual wielding which makes very little sense to me. Cdc with fotia neck and belt is something like a 9.8fTP right? 2.45 x 4 =9.8

For cdc, using augmented acro head/body with various stats attack/acc 20ish and crit damage 3%, fotia belt neck, huginn feet, scuffler's cosciales. Rajas/ramuh ring, moonshade/brutal and a jukukik feather, miki hands and rancorous mantle. Cdc on Restless Twitheyrm is ranging from 2.7k to 6k. Savage blade using a similar set but with floestone,acro leggings/acro breeches and str accessories is yielding 5.6-7.5k at 1000TP but it's only a 4.0ftp WS, well 5 with DW, but on paper CDC should be nearly double that ftp

Hell even vorpal blades which use the same set as cdc are doing about 1k more on average. So weird. Double checked with showswaps, and gear is swapping correctly.

Anyone have a link for latest kparser? I want to parse the differences instead of eyeball.

Savages are all done immediately after hitting 1000TP though because of overflow, they may be somewhere between 1000-1200 but still. The only reason I can see that would account for this is that Savage has possibly a potent attack modifier like Ground Strike/Spinning Slash? Or maybe I shouldn't use Huginn, given compared to Vanir, that's 29DEX missing on a 80% DEX mod WS?

I always wondered if in fact cdc ftp is transfered to all hits.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-10 16:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Ummmm. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45365-Dec-10-2014-%28JST%29-Version-Update
SE said:
Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied for initial hits will now be applied to all hits.

Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade / Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator / Chant du Cygne
Yeah, CDC is fTP carried, now.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-10 16:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Ummmm. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45365-Dec-10-2014-%28JST%29-Version-Update
SE said:
Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied for initial hits will now be applied to all hits.

Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade / Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator / Chant du Cygne

Im still not sure as bonuses is a generic term. also, before that item in same dev post, it was specified ftp as "tp bonuses" (when it was said about changes in rudra, etc). actually it was mentioned potency so nvm this. Edit: now i think "tp bonuses" is ftp, as mandalic stab was revamped, and while its mentioned in the second item, it isnt mentioned in the first.

And if its in fact ftp the so called bonuses, that update was pointless for exenterator and rampage, as its ftp is 1, so no point addressing them this change.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-10 16:38:36
Link | Citer | R

There is a point. The point is, if ftp doesn't transfer, then thing like ele belts/gorgets/galvialis helm won't transfer across hits. So if not using those items, sure, ftp will be 1.00 across hits for rampage and exenterator. But if using fotia and such, it'll be 1.2 per hit.

Thanks for the gear advice once again Martel. Couldn't see why my rdm's cdcs were doing like 2-3k more but i guess dex has a huge impact(gain-dex must add hundreds of damage).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-10 17:15:22
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
SE said:

Im still not sure as bonuses is a generic term. also, before that item in same dev post, it was specified ftp as "tp bonuses" (when it was said about changes in rudra, etc). actually it was mentioned potency so nvm this. Edit: now i think "tp bonuses" is ftp, as mandalic stab was revamped, and while its mentioned in the second item, it isnt mentioned in the first.

And if its in fact ftp the so called bonuses, that update was pointless for exenterator and rampage, as its ftp is 1, so no point addressing them this change.
The wording was ambiguous, true. Which is why most of those WS got retested right after the update. Once again, CDC has carried fTP now. And so does vorpal. And swift blade. I wouldn't know about the rest.

Unless you think SE changed it back between the pots update tests, and now.
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Thanks for the gear advice once again Martel. Couldn't see why my rdm's cdcs were doing like 2-3k more but i guess dex has a huge impact(gain-dex must add hundreds of damage).
I have +25 dex adding about 400 dmg. Not to mention temper. Extra hits are potent on fTP carried ws.

But yeah, CDC gears pretty differently now.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-11 21:16:53
Link | Citer | R

I will return to CdC topic because i did few tests and i still believe it isnt true or the ftp transfering, or if it transfer, the ftp transfered isnt 2,25.

Though it should be obvious a ws suposelly with ftp 9+ doing below 3k.

I went to abyssea. Job was blu with no crit hit trait. Atmas used were rr, dark depth and gnarled horn for a total of 70% crit hate.
Used random hagondes gear to avoid multi hits. Other pieces were ukuxkaj, nefarious and rancor back for an extra 11% crit. I used rogue rolls to cap crit rate but even when it went down, i was doing consistent dmg, so my testing can be considered with crit rate 100%. Sword was bronze sword with dmg 6.

CdC formula = (D+fstr+0,8*DEX)*nftp*pdif*critdmg

D=6
fstr=9
DEX=98+161
pdif=3,25
critdmg=1,3 (atma of rr)

Target, spiders/athamas in aby misareaux

ChantduCygne single wielding:

-----
mean = 4383

ChantduCyrgne dual wielding:

5383 (maybe one hit didnt crit)
-----

mean = 5666

nftp = Dmean/((D+fstr+0,8*DEX)*pdif*critdmg)

nftp(1sword) = 4,67
nftp(2sword) = 6,04

So, imo, ftp 9 for cdc with 4 hits isnt true.

Im not the best suited to do testing though, but I tried to leave all steps there for discussion.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-11 22:12:56
Link | Citer | R

I will return to CdC topic because i did few tests and i still believe it isnt true or the ftp transfering, or if it t

First off, 5k Average?
with a 6 Damage Sword?

That's extremely high all things considered.

I see you using abyssea to test, but when you say "assumed 100% crit" when you don't have 100% crit, that dis qualifies all your testing.

There's no "it's slightly useful" it's all utter jiberish, until you do 1000 weaponskills, with the same level target, the same buffs, and with actual 100% Crit hit rate.

You would also need 97.5% Accuracy, otherwise you can't disqualify missing a hit, or that RNG isn't being a *** with you. I admit, I always felt CDC wasn't anything like as Stupid as Rudra's, but really your sample size is far too small, and with no maintained 100% active buffs, you can't acredit, nor discredit something where you data has so many flaws.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-11 22:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

I will return to CdC topic because i did few tests and i still believe it isnt true or the ftp transfering, or if it t

First off, 5k Average?
with a 6 Damage Sword?

That's extremely high all things considered.

I see you using abyssea to test, but when you say "assumed 100% crit" when you don't have 100% crit, that dis qualifies all your testing.

There's no "it's slightly useful" it's all utter jiberish, until you do 1000 weaponskills, with the same level target, the same buffs, and with actual 100% Crit hit rate.

You would also need 97.5% Accuracy, otherwise you can't disqualify missing a hit, or that RNG isn't being a *** with you. I admit, I always felt CDC wasn't anything like as Stupid as Rudra's, but really your sample size is far too small, and with no maintained 100% active buffs, you can't acredit, nor discredit something where you data has so many flaws.

Just did some testing myself, I came up with entirely different Weaponskill numbers using Un augmented Hagondes 5/5 and the same Sword: My WS's number's were Very Different Indeed.

I came back with the FTP being as posted after the re-testing, (I tested this on Crabs, not Arachnids.)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [361 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Cliamain
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2016-03-06 20:14:07
Link | Citer | R

Bump.

I've been off of the game for a few years to get my life stable. Doesn anyone have some really solid sets that would help my paladin get back in the game?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-06 20:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cliamain said: »
Bump.

I've been off of the game for a few years to get my life stable. Doesn anyone have some really solid sets that would help my paladin get back in the game?
Yeah, it's in the stickied topic that is now below this outdated guide thanks to your bump.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cliamain
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2016-03-06 23:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Could have just directed me to it. Guess people are like you on every mmo.
[+]
By maldini 2016-03-07 00:48:02
Link | Citer | R

You mean the type that have lost all social aptitude due to years and years of doing nothing but play an MMO, and seem to treat everything as an opportunity to +1up themselves and put strangers down?

I refer to them as "Gits"
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-07 03:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Yeah, it's in the stickied topic that is now below this outdated guide
Oh look I did direct it to you.

I wasn't being a git as Maldini would say but you two can go off and cuddle if you're that sensitive.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [112 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2016-06-27 05:22:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm very new to PLD but im curious to know what kind of augments I would need on a Claidheamh Soluis and what sword should I be looking for (outside of relic/empy).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [281 days between previous and next post]
By Aeyela 2017-04-03 19:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Oh no! A necro! Quick, Holy Circle!

Just joined 'Club Aegis' today and after reading through this I'm still unclear on something important. The -50% Magic Damage on the upgraded Aegis bypasses the cap to allow -87.5% damage taken, but how does this work in practise? Is it as simple as putting on -37.5% MDT and throwing Aegis on top, or is it a little more complex than that? I looked at the formulas on BG but this didn't make it clear how it works in practise for me!
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2017-04-04 01:45:13
Link | Citer | R

exactly what you said, get 37.5% from elsewhere and put on shield. shell IV,Shell V and Shellra V with capped merits give different values of mdt so also take that into concideration. just look at the pld guide and u can see the sets and how they differ based on capped shell or not etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-04-06 21:14:25
Link | Citer | R

I'll be honest, i didn't feel like digging. Can anyone show me an updated Requiescat set? Just wanted to build one for when i actually need to use it, like on Fortitude etc. Cheers.
By Davorin 2017-04-06 22:51:48
Link | Citer | R

This thread is old, if you couldn't tell by the necro. There's a Requiescat set posted here, along with more current information and discussion.
By Yeno7 2017-04-09 12:35:26
Link | Citer | R

just to let everyone know, CdC will do shitty dmg compare to Savage on PLD, I try same gear/sword/buffs and Savage will make more dmg for the fact that his mods are different from CdC (I have not try to put Crit dmg% on CdC set since CdC benefits from that even more) but yeah, in average... PLD should not do CdC unless for SC :P. I have pulled on big NM's (and of course buffed) 10k-15k even a lucky 20k Savage blade, while CdC.. dont even break 10k :/ but oh well, maybe somebody gets luckier or has better gear for CdC :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1151 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-06-03 01:52:27
Link | Citer | R

Perf aug Brilliance is good for turtle tanking. Naegling for Hybrid DD/tank. The Dyna JSE is good but probably better off putting that into a mythic if you're that serious about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47