FOV (death) (can I Have It?)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FOV (death) (can i have it?)
FOV (death) (can i have it?)
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 00:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Ok yes I know it won't ever probably go away but I can dream...

Yea in a party it's great but at the same time I'm tired of every camp having 3-4 pt's on it, plus people soloing, duoing, etc.

There's no mobs to pull sometimes, and honestly if you are level 74 and hit 75 in front of my pt I will /point and /laugh at you.....

Why the hell would you level to 75 qufim? i look at it either you are a complete noob, a gilseller, a botter, or maybe even all 3.

If your... gee I dunno... say maybe... level 25+ why no level somewhere that gains skill ups....

It could be and probably just is ME, but I'd rather sit on my hume *** and seek a party for hours on end than hit 75 and have the shield skill of 50...

/flameON
 Shiva.Clowdd
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-03-25 01:09:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm not gonna flame; I <3 the FoV & hate it as well but since new update will put the field manuals in more areas we will be able to spread out more!

I for one will like trying to solo a lil more in cape terrigan for the FoV.

Let's hope that this update will make people wanna leave the dunes & qufim.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 01:23:03
Link | Citer | R

agreed lol, I personally miss bibiki bay so can't wait til its added there.

And actually the NM's sound sorta interesting and fun.

I'm just tired of mobs bein stolen lol
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-25 01:28:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

The only reason why it's dog eat dog for claiming training regime mobs is because the zones available to use FoV are rather limited. The benefits and ease of use of FOV have exploded in popularity but at the same time constricts the population into a handful of previously untouched zones.

Hopefully this update will help spread the trend thinner so people have much more relaxed practice of partying, soloing and low-manning for exp in these zones. In fact, I hope they eventually spread FoV into CoP and ToAU based zones.

Not really necessary for WotG since we got campaign battles and ops anyways.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 01:31:02
Link | Citer | R

While I do agree with both of the replies, this game at US launch centered around party system and habing time to level grind. That's the point of FFXI, or used to be. If my time didn't allow me to pt for hours, i'd find myself another game.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-25 01:34:49

You have to realize that only about 22% of the game's population have anything over level 70. That's right folks, if you're level 75 you are a minority >_>

Since a vast majority of the game's player base only spends roughly 1-13 hours per week playing FFXI, it's good to have those casual gameplay systems in place to be taken advantage of and utilized for both casual and more progressive players alike.

In no way shape or form does this debilitate party functions of gaining exp other than your increased mob claiming competition in particular zones, but alas, this update should help spread that thinner to a much more tolerable level.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-03-25 01:36:07
Link | Citer | R

I have to agree. While it'll be nice to get the hell off colibri and imps, its gonna suck *** goin back to crabs, crawlers, raptors, goblins... and dare I say torama? Remember when you knew if your tank and whm sucked? Damn you Onzozo!

FoV should warp you into a training area, just like Dynamis warps you into an altered version of the area its named after.

In FoV land, should be able to choose a level cap like with Assaults...

I think Caskets are posing a problem too. Trying to level up in Valkurm while higher level people are killing EVERYTHING trying to get a certain item from brown caskets blows Tonberry balls.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 01:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Now that's an idea lol.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-25 01:46:14

Aledacia said:
FoV should warp you into a training area, just like Dynamis warps you into an altered version of the area its named after.

I think Caskets are posing a problem too. Trying to level up in Valkurm while higher level people are killing EVERYTHING trying to get a certain item from brown caskets blows Tonberry balls.

That's not a bad idea. The level of interference between treasure caskets and FoV trainers can become quite troublesome for those with a much more straightforward agenda. However, this would be too time consuming and complicated for those who rather just stack up the exp to reasonable or higher levels while soloing or otherwise partying.

The casket thing, I'm not so sure about, solution-wise. Perhaps make it so you can only obtain caskets if you gain exp from the mobs? If you don't have anything low enough, hire a friend to sync to and duo for your item and that way everyone gets something good, rather than alienating people and parties who legitimately try and kill mobs for exp.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 01:59:24
Link | Citer | R

personally I've never used the caskets.... whats in them? just temp items? i've always had fast moving xp parties and never bothered with em. I also see a lot of other pt's with chest sitting unopened... whats the point of making them so common when they don't get used?

Nomadikhan said:
personally I've never used the caskets.... whats in them? just temp items? i've always had fast moving xp parties and never bothered with em. I also see a lot of other pt's with chest sitting unopened... whats the point of making them so common when they don't get used?

Blue Caskets have temp items, but brown caskets give you permanent items.

Brown Caskets sometimes(rarely) unload a piece of Rare/EX equipment.

Rambler's Cloak (North Gustaberg)
Bronze Bandolier (South Gustaberg)
Firefly (West Sarutabaruta)
Pile Chain (East Sarutabaruta)
Blind Ring (West Ronfaure)
Surviver (East Ronfaure)
Attar of Roses (Konschtat Highlands)
Protect Earring (Tahrongi Canyon)
Desperado Ring (La Theine Plateau)
Phlegethon's Trousers (Valkurm Dunes)
Pestle (Buburimu Peninsula)
Wurger (Pashhow Marshlands)
Mammut (Meriphataud Mountains)
Pinwheel Belt (Jugner Forest)
Rambler's Gaiters (Rolanberry Fields)
Herder's Subligar (Sauromugue Champaign)
Mokusa (Batallia Downs)
Custodes (Qufim Island)
Gothic Sabatons (Behemoth's Dominion)
Haraldr's Mufflers (Beaucedine Glacier)
Gothic Gauntlets (Xarcabard)

People will kill mobs and kill and kill and kill trying to get some of these items. I've had a few PT's in Valkurm disband because there were so many people killing for casksets.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-25 02:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
The casket thing, I'm not so sure about, solution-wise. Perhaps make it so you can only obtain caskets if you gain exp from the mobs? If you don't have anything low enough, hire a friend to sync to and duo for your item and that way everyone gets something good, rather than alienating people and parties who legitimately try and kill mobs for exp.

I like this idea :o

As for parties not opening them, that's just stupid imo. Unless you're in a tp burn (and let's face it, how often does that happen before 75?), there's plenty of time to check the chests, and they often have temporary ethers or potions which will help out the speed of your party much more than the time "wasted" checking what's in them. I will admit that they're just of often full of useless crap...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Casket has more info about caskets.

One thought I've had, is maybe you should only be able to get caskets when you're doing FoV.

What really kills me is the unload rate of the armor/equip people want from these caskets... Most I've looked at have a unload rate of under 10% chance. Its BS.
 Fairy.Winterlight
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-03-25 02:40:41
Link | Citer | R

Nomadikhan said:

There's no mobs to pull sometimes, and honestly if you are level 74 and hit 75 in front of my pt I will /point and /laugh at you.....

The possibility you left out was someone re-leveling after a particularly bad Dynamis run. The FoV system is fast tbh and I can see pting up with fellow de-leveled Dynamis buddies and re-leveling in low level zones. Faster than trying to predict Campaign battles.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-25 02:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Winterlight said:
Nomadikhan said:

The possibility you left out was someone re-leveling after a particularly bad Dynamis run. The FoV system is fast tbh and I can see pting up with fellow de-leveled Dynamis buddies and re-leveling in low level zones. Faster than trying to predict Campaign battles.

I still have no sympathy for anyone that de-levels in dynamis. You know damn well there's a high probability of multiple deaths, bring a damn buffer. My old shell, the first thief to get assassin's armlets had already de-levelled to 74 when he got them so we didn't even get the benefit for that run.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-25 02:53:50

Sorry to go off topic but Cox Communications ISP is made of fail. All I wanted to do was play some FFXI late night for a little bit before I have work in the morning, alas, I cannot because everything works fine except MSN instant messenger and POL.

/rant /le sigh
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-03-25 04:11:12
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Sorry to go off topic but Cox Communications ISP is made of fail. All I wanted to do was play some FFXI late night for a little bit before I have work in the morning, alas, I cannot because everything works fine except MSN instant messenger and POL.

/rant /le sigh

/comfort

I had coxCommunication & it's good to see that it wasnt just my city with shitty ISP's i feel your pain >.<
 Fairy.Winterlight
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-03-25 05:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Winterlight said:
Nomadikhan said:

I still have no sympathy for anyone that de-levels in dynamis. You know damn well there's a high probability of multiple deaths, bring a damn buffer. My old shell, the first thief to get assassin's armlets had already de-levelled to 74 when he got them so we didn't even get the benefit for that run.

I agree with that. I have a 43999 xp buffer for both my Dynamis jobs but very few ppl do that for their capped jobs I've found. Ppl are just lazy.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-25 05:53:56

Can't blame them all the time.
Some people actually had more important things to do inbetween and couldn't get a high enough buffer.
That's right, I said it.
Something more important than FFXI.

O.O
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-25 06:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Some people actually had more important things to do inbetween and couldn't get a high enough buffer.
That's right, I said it.

O.O

Lies! Lies and slander! O.o
 Siren.Bowleteus
Serveur: Siren
user: bowletinc
By Siren.Bowleteus 2009-03-25 06:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Aledacia said:

Good idea, but I have learned to love pt'ing while having a Training regime on, speeds things up quite a bit.

Also not to mention if that was some how implemented, they would have to make more server space. In other words spend more money that is most likely outside SE's budget.
 Midgardsormr.Spungy
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Spungy
By Midgardsormr.Spungy 2009-03-25 08:12:32
Link | Citer | R

I drink your Greater Pugils, I drink them up!

I have been living in the Dunes and Qufim ever since they announced they were going to expand FoV. I figured there was no sense exping in zones that don't have it yet. I don't level sync though, I change to the next job at 40. All I have left is THF and BRD and no more Qufim for me.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 08:28:13
Link | Citer | R

Nomadikhan said:
Ok yes I know it won't ever probably go away but I can dream...

Yea in a party it's great but at the same time I'm tired of every camp having 3-4 pt's on it, plus people soloing, duoing, etc.

There's no mobs to pull sometimes

Please keep your hands and feet inside the time machine as we take you back to NA launch.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 09:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Please keep your hands and feet inside the time machine as we take you back to NA launch.

Can we swing by 1988 first so I can tell my younger self that mullets are, in fact, NOT cool?

Goddamn family photos >.<
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-25 10:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
You have to realize that only about 22% of the game's population have anything over level 70. That's right folks, if you're level 75 you are a minority >_>

Um... that statistic sounds pretty low. You counting all characters across all worlds including people with multiple mules? In a a recent survey it was determined that 42.78% of all statistics are made up on the spot =P
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-25 10:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Etrayis said:
Haseyo said:
That's right, I said it.

O.O

Lies! Lies and slander! O.o

Seconded! FFXI>RL =O

/sarcasm
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 10:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:

Might wanna go check the recent census on that.
 Bahamut.Farias
user: Farias
By Bahamut.Farias 2009-03-25 10:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
Artemicion said:

Um... that statistic sounds pretty low. You counting all characters across all worlds including people with multiple mules? In a a recent survey it was determined that 42.78% of all statistics are made up on the spot =P

Including that one, but as long as you present the statistic with confidence no one will question the source... at least those not paying attention to your presentation anyways :p
 Diabolos.Deltafox
Serveur: Diabolos
user: dfox
By Diabolos.Deltafox 2009-03-25 10:27:21
Link | Citer | R

I hate FoV. When I go to XP I go for XP not going through killing the required elements then having to run in some cases across the entire freakin zone to get that 1 odd mob, and then have to run all the way back to the book. The xp loss per hour from running just isn't worth it in a xp party.

If you want to do FoV grab a friend and duo.
First Page 2