FOV (death) (can I Have It?)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FOV (death) (can i have it?)
FOV (death) (can i have it?)
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-03-25 10:54:45
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
The casket thing, I'm not so sure about, solution-wise. Perhaps make it so you can only obtain caskets if you gain exp from the mobs? If you don't have anything low enough, hire a friend to sync to and duo for your item and that way everyone gets something good, rather than alienating people and parties who legitimately try and kill mobs for exp.

This is stupid and would drop overall interest in caskets by like 99%.

Somehow I don't see there being *that* many people trying to get the STR trousers in Dunes all at once. Additionally, if any of them had common sense, they'd stay away from EXP mobs or common camps.

Deltafox said:
I hate FoV. When I go to XP I go for XP not going through killing the required elements then having to run in some cases across the entire freakin zone to get that 1 odd mob, and then have to run all the way back to the book. The xp loss per hour from running just isn't worth it in a xp party.

If you want to do FoV grab a friend and duo.

No. FoV's benefits are much too valuable to not do. Regen, Refresh, AND Reraise? In Dunes/Qufim? This alleviates valuable time when everyone can just RR after the inevitable wipe. Refresh/Regen cuts down downtime considerably. If you ran out of food, you can buy FoV food. Besides, most regimes in EXP areas are based off EXP mobs! If you're losing EXP/hour from doing FoV, you're doing it wrong. When the update comes, there will be even more books in the area, so there should be less of an excuse.
 Midgardsormr.Invictusx
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Invictusx
By Midgardsormr.Invictusx 2009-03-25 10:57:41
Link | Citer | R

I don't think you know what your problem is. You have absolutely no problem with FoV, FoV is actually a positive variable in this equation. Your problem is with level sync, and the reason everyone level syncs to areas like qufim and the jungle and the dunes is because those are the easiest places to find low lvl tanks, like people that are just lvling them for the sub job

It is only a coincidence that they added FoV to these areas that are even more popular with level sync

your problem w/ FoV should decline in the next update because they are introducing it into new zones, even though your real problem is with level sync
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-25 11:09:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Azulmagia said:
Artemicion said:
The casket thing, I'm not so sure about, solution-wise. Perhaps make it so you can only obtain caskets if you gain exp from the mobs? If you don't have anything low enough, hire a friend to sync to and duo for your item and that way everyone gets something good, rather than alienating people and parties who legitimately try and kill mobs for exp.

This is stupid and would drop overall interest in caskets by like 99%.

Somehow I don't see there being *that* many people trying to get the STR trousers in Dunes all at once. Additionally, if any of them had common sense, they'd stay away from EXP mobs or common camps.

Really? From what I've seen 99% of caskets are left unopened if they came from mobs that never granted exp. An exception to this would be those farming over a long period of time without methods of self-healing other than resting.

And perhaps Fairy is alot more polite and intelligent. I'm glad you've had no trouble, but from what I've seen it's dog eat dog when it comes to claiming anything within FoV based zones. Whether it be for caskets, exp, or training regime mobs, people treat these like they were claiming a NM over you.

Frobeus said:
Artemicion said:
You have to realize that only about 22% of the game's population have anything over level 70. That's right folks, if you're level 75 you are a minority >_>

Might wanna go check the recent census on that.

Yar, I kinda pulled those numbers out of my ***, but I do recall a survey given by the dev. team at the 07 fan fest showing the vast majority of the player base of ffxi were very casual (only a handful of play hours per week) and not anywhere near 75 yet (I believe it was mostly in a level 20-50 range), as was my initial point.

This coulda changed over the years but regardless it's vital to keep all bases covered in an MMO so you have systems catered to casual and progressive players alike.
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-25 11:48:55
Link | Citer | R

pull better, complain less. i hate caskets >.> but exp i love and if i can get it faster then joining a party thats just waiting for mobs to pop i will, and in case your wondering i do lvl appropriate FOV and sometimes sync down to chill with my friends But really there's nothing wrong with FOV besides only being able to do one a day you should be able to "save" up days and use them all at once like camp.ops points although a limit on that should be imposed as well
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 11:59:58
Link | Citer | R

lil hard to pull better when sometimes your waiting on mob repops and the only mobs left are Bogy's, and other mobs with aga or aoe attacks that suck ***.

Alas i've decided I'm just going to level all the jobs I want as subs to 37 before FOV takes over with this new update. Then I won't have to deal with it as much.

Really tho i outta stop being lazy and upgrade my relic so i can quit and find a new game lol, FFXI has been a fun ride but i just eed to meet my personal goals in it and move on. Least that way I won't be feeding my bitchyness towards the game.

I do often wonder what all this comotion about a RL is, I'ma hurry n find out someday!
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-25 12:01:28
Link | Citer | R

on the bright side you can solo or duo or trio all those jobs easily doing FOV
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 12:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
And perhaps Fairy is alot more polite and intelligent. I'm glad you've had no trouble, but from what I've seen it's dog eat dog when it comes to claiming anything within FoV based zones. Whether it be for caskets, exp, or training regime mobs, people treat these like they were claiming a NM over you.

I would like to say it is, but it ain't. Ran into this the other day, PLing a friend from 12-15 DNC (anyone that's played DNC knows that pre-curing Waltz DNC is a bag of ***, so I was glad to help him through the more painful part of it), doing the Valkurm regime with the 7 lizards and a hare, and this group of what must have been like 5 level 18+ showed up not long after we started and kept constantly running through where we were and slaughtering every lizard as soon as it popped, like insta-kills; it was ridiculous the wait between spawns because of them. Friend starting grabbing 2 at a time so we could have some of the lizards before they slaughtered them all, but they would just come over and voke the second off of him anyways. Telling them in say that he did it on purpose got no response (unless you count being stared at a response...)

***. I have no idea what they were doing, they must have been farming chests since you can only get 1 regime per hour...
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 14:57:16
Link | Citer | R

yea, i've noticed this too. and also that every pt is bitchier because there simply are no lag free, decent camps anymore... Oh look 1 worm lets camp here! Oh looko 6 pt's here lets camp here too!

It's terrible, last night there were at one point 193 people in qufim... how the hell can anyone get decent xp per hour when it's that crowded. OH wait, I know!! Every pt now has a PL to help hold mobs and main heal cause now everyone has to *** at each other for camping on each other and stealing each other's mobs. Only decent thing to come of this is now other pt's PL can raise you when you wipe for holding to many mobs or linking cause you gotta pull at lightening speed >.>

FOV is a great concept but at the same time it does screw people over, especially the hardcore oldschoolers. I'd rather kill 3 more mobs than spend 5-6min running to a floating book... FFXI was centered around adventure and LEVEL GRINDING... imho you don't have enuf time to grind, find another game... tho I suppose I'm alone in this thought now a days.

I really haven't liked anything post-wotg.... /endrantagain
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 15:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Nomadikhan said:
yea, i've noticed this too. and also that every pt is bitchier because there simply are no lag free, decent camps anymore... Oh look 1 worm lets camp here! Oh looko 6 pt's here lets camp here too!

It's terrible, last night there were at one point 193 people in qufim... how the hell can anyone get decent xp per hour when it's that crowded.

Like 2 days after FoV went live, I was heading over to Delkfutts Tower and I ***you not, there must have been TEN FULL PARTIES camping around the entrance, just in that one spot. Like literally 60 people...I was lagging as if I was in WG for Christ's sake. That's ridiculous lol
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 15:12:56
Link | Citer | R

Go to not qufim?
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 15:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Nomadikhan said:
It's terrible, last night there were at one point 193 people in qufim...

That doesn't sound any better lol
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-25 15:25:33

They really should include more pages made specifically for dungeon type zones. Anything to spread the use of FoV more thinly across more zones.

My friend also had an idea of making separate field manuals or a category within them for a "NM" kill reward. Basically you'd get a bonus of exp and gil and tabs for defeating a NM within the book's specific zone/s. I thought this was clever since you never get a guranteed chance of obtaining the item and at best you get a small handful of exp. Defeating a NM should be slightly more rewarding under the right circumstance. Anyone else find it silly to earn only 23 exp from killing a God in sky?
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-03-25 15:45:43

The only thing I ever use it for is for refresh and for soloing while LFP. And even Then I'm usually doing the regime's in Jugner, cause I feel guilty taking people's XP mobs. And I never open Caskets, they are a waste of time imo. I dont need silent oils while im XP'ing. /sigh
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-25 16:29:53
Link | Citer | R

@Artemicion Agreed and it looks like some form of that will be added.

@Citag lol I so agree with that... it's me 100%
 Carbuncle.Tellahchan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Tellahchan 2009-03-25 16:58:43

Nomadikhan said:
Really tho i outta stop being lazy and upgrade my relic so i can quit and find a new game lol

Why waste time, quit now and send your millions that would have been spent on a deleted relic to: Tellahchan's Moogle, Windurst, Carbuncle Server.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-03-25 18:38:33
Link | Citer | R

I love the caskets. Especially when soloing on my mage jobs. Nothing better than soloing on Smn 20 with carby mitts/FoV refresh and just picking up Ethers left and right. Works great on all my low level jobs. Be it potions, ethers, regen/refresh drinks, TP wings, yada yada yada, I love it. Cuts down time, allows for faster kills, sometimes cuts expenses of items you need/would like to use (silent oils/prism powders have been great in the Dunes when low level running back through the bat tunnel.)

Most of the time, I try to solo exp in areas that I want gear from one of the brown treasure caskets. Even if it's not the r/ex item I want, I can trade the gear to the OP NPC for conquest points.
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2009-03-25 18:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Nomadikhan said:
whats the point of making them so common when they don't get used?

I wish they were so common -.-

I've spent a combined 10+ hours in Sauromugue Champaign, I still dont have a pair of Herder's Subligar.
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-03-25 18:48:18

Nynja said:
I wish they were so common -.-

I've spent a combined 10+ hours in Sauromugue Champaign, I still dont have a pair of Herder's Subligar.

I feel your pain ; ;