Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18208/abyssea-attohwa-lights-problem/
 Leviathan.Vindeel
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: vindeel
By Leviathan.Vindeel 2011-04-24 09:41:09
Link | Citer | R

I did my share of dark ring farming. What worked best for me in the end was to aeolian Edge the bugards. Plenty of them and they are not too spread out. Nvm Turul. At worst he kill you and you can take a break for 5min.

For lights i went to flux8. there is a emp in the imps and two more at the tonberries. Pavan is usally around too so if you kill these a few times you should cap for azure. For Pearl i did bakka and 4-6 vnm's.

Good luck on the rings. Seems the rly good ones are rare ;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [117 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kogasho
Serveur: Siren
user: kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2011-08-19 01:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Ok im in the process of farming these i have a few questions...
question 1, How can i achieve max gold chest spawn rate at max azure and max pearl and have 100-150 amber? im trying to keep the chest small due to me not wanting every damn gold chest to have KI or Temp items, example i find that smaller chest can give up to 2 Augmented items as comepared to Big chest that dont, I find when i have high pearl and high azure my gold chest seem to be getting rarer, is there a number that i can get amber to that keeps a good drop rate that keeps the chest small and constant with good drop rate of small gold chest with high azure an pearl?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 01:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Unless you're after dark rings to npc, if you're only getting small chests the chances are they're all going to have garbage on them
 Siren.Kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2011-08-19 02:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
Unless you're after dark rings to npc, if you're only getting small chests the chances are they're all going to have garbage on them

Yes im looking to npc the garbage and keep the decent ones im only really looking for 5-6 phys and magic ones i dont wanna go all elite and try to get the 6 6 6 ones
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-19 02:03:34
Link | Citer | R

I got 3 good dark rings (out of 7 total) and a refresh hairpin in ~6 hours with capped amber/azure/pearl. Non-cleaving, just killing saplings on nin solo.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kogasho said: »

Yes im looking to npc the garbage and keep the decent ones im only really looking for 5-6 phys and magic ones i dont wanna go all elite and try to get the 6 6 6 ones
You want big chests then
Tiny ones you'll get seriously shitty stats
srsly
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-19 02:29:03
Link | Citer | R

You want big chests then

big chests are nice
[+]
 Siren.Kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2011-08-19 02:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kogasho said: »

You want big chests then
Tiny ones you'll get seriously shitty stats
srsly

lol alright thanks for the info
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said: »
You want big chests then

big chests are nice

[+]
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2011-08-19 02:46:50
Link | Citer | R

can get 2 in little ones and only 1 in the big chests tho
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2011-10-24 22:59:39
Link | Citer | R

so any definitive answer on getting good dark ring augments? cap amber? nearly capped amber?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-24 23:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Personally, it was all random for me. Whether it was 128 amber or 255, what came out of the chest always felt random. Perhaps the higher the number, the more frequent you'll come along those chests.

But there are always those times when I have 0 ruby, 128 azure, and 255 amber and there will be a run of about 10 minutes or so that I'll see more red than gold chests.

Farming dark rings I went 128 azure and 255 amber, and got one pdt6mdt5 and one pdt5mdt4 in about 30 minutes after capping lights. I consider myself really lucky. Farming in that zone sucks.
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-24 23:35:08
Link | Citer | R

The higher the number, the higher the frequency of that particular type of chest. Nothing more, nothing less. This is well known. If you're farming gold, get 128 azure to maintain time, cap pearl for maximum chest frequency, and cap amber for maximum gold frequency.

My best Dark Ring was at 100 amber. ***doesn't matter.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-25 01:07:39
Link | Citer | R

You only see a TE in sub-128 azure chests is because it has a random chance of occurring based on the way the system is setup, or because of the way abyssites work. Most likely the latter. The number doesn't determine the frequency of something 'better' popping up, it merely opens/closes thresholds. Cap your ruby and you will never see an azure/pearlescent/ruby/amber light.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-10-25 01:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
The higher the number, the higher the frequency of that particular type of chest. Nothing more, nothing less. This is well known. If you're farming gold, get 128 azure to maintain time, cap pearl for maximum chest frequency, and cap amber for maximum gold frequency.

My best Dark Ring was at 100 amber. ***doesn't matter.
Keeping this in mind for next Dark Ring run. =P
By Kisangi 2011-10-25 07:20:53
Link | Citer | R

Have been doing this for a few days as a personal project on my BLU. I've set out to cap amber first, then azure. So far I've made about 5-600k in about 2 or 3 days farming. The best haul has been a dark rign with -5% MDT -4% PDT and -5% BDT. Gonna keep at it til I can find another one.

Btw, from reading a post floating around here earlier about Pavum (or whatever Garuda is called there) she has a tendency to drop about 150+ lights of whatever type (except Pearl it seems, she only drops 10..) upon death. Killing her 2 or three times is enough to cap amber in about 15 mins. Azure as well in half an hour. At that point it's just popping on netflix and getting down and dirty.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-25 10:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Pavan, like several other avatars/ephemerals, has a range of very specific lights it will give, 24, 48, 64, or 128. In Konschat, Pavan does this for amber. Conversely, Ephemeral Clionids in Konschat do the same ranges for azure lights. This isn't static, though, and you'll need to target different things in different zones to elevate different lights(and unfortunately T1 VNM are still the most efficient way to build pearl :/).

Lights are well documented on BG, look for a moderately reason thread called 'Abyssea lights'.
 Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-10-25 10:15:26
Link | Citer | R

This
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-25 10:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Holy *** plagiarism

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-25 17:31:55
Link | Citer | R

On the contrary you're far more likely to see chests with key items than chests with items inside with higher amber light. It's also worth noting that small gold chests are far more likely to hold 2 items at once rather than 1. In fact, I don't think a large gold chest can have two items in it.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-25 17:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
The higher the number, the higher the frequency of that particular type of chest. Nothing more, nothing less.
Cap your ruby and you will never see an azure/pearlescent/ruby/amber light.
you realize it looks like you just contradicted yourself?

first you say more of that light does not change what is inside the chest then you say more of that light changes what is inside the chest

I agree with the second point you were making though and when someone is after dark rings essentially all you want is "chests with powerful items" which will drop more often with higher amber light. Yeah you could get a 100 dark rings with zero amber light but the odds are severely against you

I didn't contradict myself. Different light levels open/close reward thresholds. When you hit 128 ruby, you close the door for azure/pearl/ruby/amber. This is pretty simple.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-10-25 17:35:19
Link | Citer | R

I get large gold chests all the time with 2 feet or like a fire bead and a spell @255 amber if that matters.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-25 17:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Morier said: »
I get large gold chests all the time with 2 feet or like a fire bead and a spell @255 amber if that matters.

Those aren't augmented items. I.E. Powerful items, not just items
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-10-25 17:40:33
Link | Citer | R

AH i see i just saw you say 2 items. *goes back to lurking*