Game: FFXI
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-04-13 17:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Cap lights, etc etc etc. Once that's done, what's the most effective way of ripping through mobs in Konschtat? Fell Cleaving seems to work okay but the only mobs that don't give ruby lights are saplings and they tend to lose interest quickly, not to mention Slumber Powder. I ended up giving up on the FC and just ran around bludgeoning them to death individually, solo, for a few hours with regen atmas on. As far as jobs go, our group has an abundance, so we can improvise. What's your most effective way of farming Dark Rings?
You can find mobs that give any light since ruby is only given if you target the mob that dies. target a different mob and fell cleave the ones around you = no lights

Is this true for sure? I like to round up mandies/chigoes in Attohwa on WAR with my buddy Phalanx II'ing me, and use Retaliation to spam Aeolian Edge and get what is apparently tons of amber light, after only about 4 pulls (which would be 4-10~ amber lights considering each pull has stragglers) I do see some large gold chests pop. Are you sure it doesn't just say you receive one amber light?
yes. this is why for months whenever blms killed 5+ worms at a time in the first abyssea camps, you didnt see 5 "azure light" spams in log. it only gave azure for the one the blm targeted

Again, not true. You can only get one unit of light regardless of how many mobs you kill in the process (such as 10 mobs with the same action), but doesn't have to be the targeted mob. You could have a mob standing near you with a sliver of life left while the mob you're targeting is at full health, Fell Cleave, and if the near-dead mob gets hit by it and dies, you'll get a ruby light out of it even though the mob you were engaged to and had directed the Fell Cleave on is still alive. Same goes with Zantetsuken from Smn or any AoE spells from mages.

The only reason that blm weren't getting 5+ azure light messages in the log is that, as said, you can only get one light value per action to kill
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-13 17:21:03
Link | Citer | R

Oneshotting a mob with a WS does not grant ruby light. A mob has to be claimed before the killing blow to give light.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-04-13 17:52:13
Link | Citer | R

In that case, yes, that's true, but unless it's a two-houring War with Fell Cleave or something, there's going to be at least one WS going off that'll nail the mobs and not kill them, and as a result of that, killing them with a WS will give a ruby light even if they're not the primary one targeted. Can't tell you how many ruby lights I've built up in Cleave burning stuff like Monitors in Grauberg cause of all the mobs on the side giving ruby when the main one I'm targeting is still holding on by a sliver.

Granted, it may be different in Vision areas, but as far as Heroes areas, I can attest that even if the mob that's killed wasn't the primary target of the action that took out the mobs, it can still give a light value if the primary target is still alive.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 17:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I just did it the other night in kon. Definitely got amber off some non main targets... but never more than 1 per action taken
 Asura.Ziekwalt
Serveur: Asura
user: Eirza
By Asura.Ziekwalt 2011-04-13 19:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Join a lolnewb Kon party cap lights on my DNC and get as many TE as possible (around 200+) then leave the group solo EP mobs for amber lights and go to town!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 19:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ziekwalt said:
Join a lolnewb Kon party cap lights on my DNC and get as many TE as possible (around 200+) then leave the group solo EP mobs for amber lights and go to town!
Ya know I never saw kon xp pts even back when we only had 3 abyssea zones. Everyone would just crowd up in tahrongi canyon sometimes la thiene
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-04-13 19:36:34
Link | Citer | R

The only ones I ever saw in Konschtat were on the Ypottryl, and those never seemed to work cause the puller would always end up managing to aggro Turul by accident, or worse, Turul would just drop down on where the party was and have his way with them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-13 20:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Konschtat bugards were our main camp back when Visions came out... Then Turul activated :x We were out there the day he started aggroing, was quite a surprise to have him drop down and say hi.

Lizards were also popular after a while.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-13 21:55:54
Link | Citer | R

So it is best to only get 10-15 lights for Dark rings with 5 or 6% MDT and PDT? both on same ring? or do you need high lights to get those?

was out there for a couple hours with capped and only got mdt-6%, PDT-4% and a pdt3%, no double. got a ***ton of KIs and and temps tho...
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-14 20:23:50
Link | Citer | R

I go out and do only pearl and amber for 2hrs...and get a ***ton of blue boxes....i hate this game sometimes
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-14 20:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Blue has a naturally high occurance rate; building Azure light generally can only help. I too tried the just pearl/amber route and met with limited success.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-14 20:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Also is it just me? or are the really good ones only in big boxes...therefor only doing 10-15 amber is pointless? At 12-15 amber i get half golds as big boxes anyways, but idk, seems higher is better.

Gotten MDT -6% and MDT-5% + spell interrupt down 4%, pretty good, wish they had PDT-5% also...

dream is MDT-6%, PDT-6%, and Spell interrupt down 4% on both rings....sex!

I'm doing Trolling saplings because verethragna tends to ruby ***, and i don't want 100000 reds
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-15 01:55:09
Link | Citer | R

well after 2 days of 5+hrs down in konschtat...i can say...*** that zone and i hate gold boxes. Got so many MDT-5% with spell interrupt down 4%s i had to give to all my mules. Couldn't get a ring with both PDT and MDT 5+% on it...only 3s and 4s.

ended up with a PDT 5% and then 4% with spell interrupt tho, so not a total loss. and the Magic ones add up to 11% reduction, not too bad. But i see so many ppl with all 3 on one ring, and then they have two of them! wtf
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-15 05:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Well, i decided to cap the ***out of all y lights and go to town...for like 10 hours. Has anyone noticed light decay in kons while farming golds? for some reason i started getting crap golds, and even one time after like 7 hours i got a small............... after getting atleast 60 amber kills and 30 ebon boxes, with maybe 10-20 amber boxes...

Just wondered if i had the worst luck in the world, but after like 4-5hrs, all the dark rings blew chunks, with 1 or 2 stats and only value of 2 or 3...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-15 05:13:03
Link | Citer | R

good augments are pretty rare. and at least the shitty ones npc for a lot. as for decaying lights, i see it happen pretty much any time i spend a long time in a zone, like 3 hours+.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-15 05:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
Well, i decided to cap the ***out of all y lights and go to town...for like 10 hours. Has anyone noticed light decay in kons while farming golds? for some reason i started getting crap golds, and even one time after like 7 hours i got a small............... after getting atleast 60 amber kills and 30 ebon boxes, with maybe 10-20 amber boxes...

Just wondered if i had the worst luck in the world, but after like 4-5hrs, all the dark rings blew chunks, with 1 or 2 stats and only value of 2 or 3...
Mobs can lower lights at times with tp moves, what were you killing?

I was killing Trotting Saplings for the last stint. i went on a zonewide rampage killing everything because the saplings wouldn't put out what i wanted. Then i just went back to saplings and put on a staff while watching TV. Plus side: Staff is like 340. Yeah, guess if i do that again i'll have to keep adding amber...

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-15 05:21:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
good augments are pretty rare. and at least the shitty ones npc for a lot. as for decaying lights, i see it happen pretty much any time i spend a long time in a zone, like 3 hours+.
I can speak for misereaux and attowa getting 1100+ minutes and going to bed, waking up and still all capped lights hmm you mean only original 3 zones Lorzy?
Maybe they changed it?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-15 05:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
I can speak for misereaux and attowa getting 1100+ minutes and going to bed, waking up and still all capped lights hmm you mean only original 3 zones Lorzy?
not like totally decayed, just after spending 3 hours in a zone i'll start seeing some shitty chests among good ones. but it's not usually a lot and not really a problem.
 Bahamut.Kiba
user: kiba9256
By Bahamut.Kiba 2011-04-15 09:29:21
Link | Citer | R

yea ive spent 14 hours in there an after capping all lights had a couple small gold chest pop i usally just opened red amber chest to fix that.
 Unicorn.Divinian
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-04-16 09:40:16
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to do this on my BLM for fast kills. Whats the best way to farm up the pearl lights? Should I just save the azure lights for when I start pulling reg mobs or cap them out faster with VNMs for something? Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-24 05:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Got a drop tonight in Aby Kon.

PDT -5%
MDT -4%
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-24 07:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:

Mobs can lower lights at times with tp moves, what were you killing?

Wait what?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-24 08:04:23
Link | Citer | R

I thought there was only a select few NM's who could change lights or mess with them at all.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-24 08:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Which NM's? First I have heard of this lowering lights business.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-24 08:07:52
Link | Citer | R

iirc there was a thread on here about Nucleic Implosion *** with lights
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-24 08:09:09
Link | Citer | R

yar what Das said. I haven't experienced it myself, but people in my shell were complaining about it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-24 08:10:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
iirc there was a thread on here about Nucleic Implosion *** with lights

Hm really, that is interesting. That move sucks though, annoys me so much.