Rudra's Storm with DNC
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-07 14:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Highest base dmg and nice delay, even if you dont plan to spam Rudra, it's the best dot dagger you can get.
If you'r serious about DNC, go for it.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 14:49:02
Link | Citer | R

weapon skill aside, it is the best possible DPS dagger dnc can get, and it has 15 dex to boot. on another note, having the af3+2 body allows you to be able to allow your weapon skills to crit when you use striking flourish. granted you can only do it once every 2 minutes, it still produces very nice numbers. with just my Daka (currently waiting my turn on twashtar) i can pull upwards of 7k dmg with just rudra on your standard TP mobs in heroes zones. if you are pretty decent with macros you can do evisceration -> reverse flourish -> no foot rise -> striking flourish -> rudra's storm -> to get a darkness that is roughly 20% stronger than what your rudra's dmg did. outside abyssea it's really is a very competitive weapon skill.

people have their own opinions on the matter, where some people believe it's better on thf, i believe it's better on dnc, with the high rate of attack speed dnc possesses having twashtar's aftermath and af3+2's set effect you can do quite alot of dmg in a very short time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-07 15:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, what Yuna said (though I haven't seen any 7k spikes on monsters that aren't piercing weak). The least obvious benefit of Twashtar outside Abyssea will be the 15 DEX for dDEX (for crit rate). We have Haidates on our weapon, basically, and it's only likely to get higher.

Rudra's in Abyssea is only good if you can force a crit. Dancer can force a crit (and a DA that can crit) using Striking Flourish every 2 minutes with AF3+1 (idk)/2 (~60% of the time) body. It's not as good a bonus as just pure Sneak Attack (100% crit on first hit, added DEX as damage) though the maximum damage from it may be higher.

Outside Abyssea and without Striking Flourish, Rudra's is a weaker weaponskill. You can expect Dancing Edge to do about 20% more damage than it. That extra 20% damage is quite possibly recouped through the 30% ODD rate of the dagger though. If you already have the Aftermath up though, Dancing Edge is probably the way to go. So you need to be able to use DE, Evisc, and Rudra's outside Abyssea and Rudra's / Evisc (and Aeolian Edge) inside.

You can probably retire PK. It's marginally more damaging than Rudra's (like 3-5%) outside Abyssea with a good build, but it doesn't give you ODD.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 18:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Yeah, what Yuna said (though I haven't seen any 7k spikes on monsters that aren't piercing weak).
Omnipotent says hi.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-07 19:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Piercing weak enemies say hi, probably. Omnipotence gives you 35 DEX more than me. 35 DEX doesn't add a thousand damage.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 20:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-04-07 20:34:40
Link | Citer | R

Thats not 7k
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-07 20:35:28
Link | Citer | R

ruby light gj
[+]
 Asura.Takinagi
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-04-07 20:36:52
Link | Citer | R

I see me!
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 20:37:08
Link | Citer | R

nq mob
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 20:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
nq mob

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
i can pull upwards of 7k dmg with just rudra on your standard TP mobs in heroes zones.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 20:41:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
nq mob

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
i can pull upwards of 7k dmg with just rudra on your standard TP mobs in heroes zones.

oh my bad
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-07 20:45:17
Link | Citer | R

I swear those are piercing weak, as I've said before <_<

For instance, unless your 316 damage hit was a set proc:
D60 Daka +2 * 3.15 max pDIF * 1.43 crit damage bonus = 270 damage

Your hit immediately after your 7k Rudra's was a 316 damage crit.
D60 * 3.15 * 1.43 = 270
D60 * 2.5 * 1.43 = 214

So it wasn't a doubled damage crit. They're just piercing weak.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-07 20:46:59
Link | Citer | R

lol everything is piercing weak
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 20:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I swear those are piercing weak, as I've said before <_<

For instance, unless your 316 damage hit was a set proc:
D60 Daka +2 * 3.15 max pDIF * 1.43 crit damage bonus = 270 damage

Your hit immediately after your 7k Rudra's was a 316 damage crit.
D60 * 3.15 * 1.43 = 270
D60 * 2.5 * 1.43 = 214

So it wasn't a doubled damage crit. They're just piercing weak.
they aren't piercing weak, i had stalwarts and red curry, that's normally my damage with stalwarts.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 20:48:49
Link | Citer | R

Does the dex from omnipotent really beat out the TA from apoc? I find that hard to believe.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 20:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Does the dex from omnipotent really beat out the TA from apoc? I find that hard to believe.
i've been using omni over GH
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-07 20:52:29
Link | Citer | R

If you looked at the math I did, that proved they're piercing weak. You did more than the maximum possible damage to a non-piercing weak enemy on your next swing after the WS.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 20:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Ah that should have been pretty obvious eh? oh well
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 20:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
If you looked at the math I did, that proved they're piercing weak. You did more than the maximum possible damage to a non-piercing weak enemy on your next swing after the WS.
i'll have to double check but im almost positive they arent piercing weak.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-07 20:57:13
Link | Citer | R

No need to do the test, I think I found conclusive proof that they're piercing weak.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 20:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
No need to do the test, I think I found conclusive proof that they're piercing weak.
soooo everything in abyssea altep is piercing weak then because that's my standard dmg with stalwarts
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-07 21:05:45
Link | Citer | R

shoulda cropped that ss better man lol
By javelinx 2011-04-07 21:08:10
Link | Citer | R

u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

just as a reference the ws does do triple dmg
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

just as a reference rudras is triple dmg, and dnc has a lot of options for crit dmg+, 1 of which im sure yuna is wearing cus its kind of standard, so ur math is missing some stuff there, not to mention a lot of the formulas for ws dmg are wrong now lol, especially in abyssea, the current ws dmg formula for example on 2hnd ws's is far off the mark, kaiten rapes the numbers by thousands for example, and jinpu also has a similar effect in and out of abys, i hit a 10k jinpu in salvage like the same week i got amano to 90
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-07 21:08:53
Link | Citer | R

javelinx said:
u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

Lakshmi.Byrth said:

just as a reference rudras is triple dmg, so ur math is missing some stuff there, not to mention a lot of the formulas for ws dmg are wrong now lol, especially in abyssea, the current ws dmg formula for example on 2hnd ws's is far off the mark, kaiten rapes the numbers by thousands for example, and jinpu also has a similar effect in and out of abys, i hit a 10k jinpu in salvage like the same week i got amano to 90

10k jinpu on chigoes doesnt count brah
 Shiva.Jesseven
Serveur: Shiva
user: Jesseven7
By Shiva.Jesseven 2011-04-07 21:10:05
Link | Citer | R

I got Daka+2 for my Thief back when it first came out. When i use it on Dancer I don't hit 7k with Rudra's Storm alone but do over 12k total with solo darkness. I recommend you get the Twashtar since they are pretty easy too get now and no point settling for the Daka.
By javelinx 2011-04-07 21:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fondue said:
javelinx said:
u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

Lakshmi.Byrth said:

just as a reference rudras is triple dmg, so ur math is missing some stuff there, not to mention a lot of the formulas for ws dmg are wrong now lol, especially in abyssea, the current ws dmg formula for example on 2hnd ws's is far off the mark, kaiten rapes the numbers by thousands for example, and jinpu also has a similar effect in and out of abys, i hit a 10k jinpu in salvage like the same week i got amano to 90

10k jinpu on chigoes doesnt count brah
10k on puks tho does my friend
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-07 21:12:29
Link | Citer | R

no it doesnt lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-07 21:15:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
soooo everything in abyssea altep is piercing weak then because that's my standard dmg with stalwarts

No, they're piercing weak because they're piercing weak.

I just went out and hit them around. 342 damage was my max crit with minuets and Stalwart's. They definitely have stupidly low defense, but they're also definitely piercing weak.

48 + 13 (fSTR) = 61
61 * 3.15 * 1.43 = 274
274 * 1.25 = 342

342 is the max crit, therefore we're getting the 25% piercing weak bonus on them.
First Page 2 3