Game: FFXI
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 21:19:29
Link | Citer | R

javelinx said:
u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Does the dex from omnipotent really beat out the TA from apoc? I find that hard to believe.
i've been using omni over GH

just as a reference the ws does do triple dmg

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-04-07 21:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fondue said:
no it doesnt lol

indeed it does actually defy the current 2hnd ws calc, my only point with that, ive done the math and it doesnt work lol, and hitting 5-7k with kaiten in abys on tp mobs and megas on the rare occasion is way out of the range of the 2hnd ws formula, anyway do the math, i know at 75 with hagun it was way, way low compared to the actual output, and it still is for everyone i've met other than the emp folks as they tp mod is usually really really high compared to old ws's

edit: understand that 5k is not out of the dmg range on a tp mob, but 7k actually is, and 5-7k on a mega or high def nm is
[+]
By javelinx 2011-04-07 21:48:16
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
javelinx said:
u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Does the dex from omnipotent really beat out the TA from apoc? I find that hard to believe.

a lot was left out of that quote lol, are you a republican? XD

edit: maybe im republican? i hit the wrong post and misquoted, so i apologize?
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 21:53:18
Link | Citer | R

javelinx said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
javelinx said:
u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

The last bit was talking about damage formulas for rudra's storm and then how you hit 10k jinpus in salvage and then something about kaiten or 2handed damage formulas are skewed now.

What i'm having trouble understanding is what does rudra's storm dealing triple damage have to do with the atma choices.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-04-07 22:11:22
Link | Citer | R

How the *** do people like this get relics...
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-07 23:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
No need to do the test, I think I found conclusive proof that they're piercing weak.
soooo everything in abyssea altep is piercing weak then because that's my standard dmg with stalwarts

No, they're piercing weak because they're piercing weak.

I just went out and hit them around. 342 damage was my max crit with minuets and Stalwart's. They definitely have stupidly low defense, but they're also definitely piercing weak.

48 + 13 (fSTR) = 61
61 * 3.15 * 1.43 = 274
274 * 1.25 = 342

342 is the max crit, therefore we're getting the 25% piercing weak bonus on them.
went and tested on rng, and they are indeed piercing weak, my mistake.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 23:25:26
Link | Citer | R

BorealisV2 said:

Usually by not being schmucks
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-07 23:34:50
Link | Citer | R

javelinx said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
javelinx said:
u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

Because only republicans missqoute things.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 23:37:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
javelinx said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
javelinx said:
u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

Because only republicans missqoute things.

Fact.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-04-07 23:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
javelinx said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
javelinx said:
u kno those
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

Because only democrats misquote things and endanger America's national security.

Fact.

Truth.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-07 23:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Oops I started a political flame thread
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-07 23:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Oops I started a political flame thread
False.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-04-08 00:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Oops I started a political flame thread sexy party!
False.

I hope not!
By javelinx 2011-04-08 07:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
BorealisV2 said:

Usually by not being schmucks

to quote both really, meh i was tired. and previously, the whole points behind me saying the thing about how 2hnd ws formulas are a bit off was just a point to show that its very possible that the dmg formulas for single handers are also a bit off...some1 said that they had not seen 7k ws's with the *** dagger, yuna showed said 7k ws, granted they MAY be piercing weak, or they could just be weak to dmg in general e.g. qutrubs, but im sure 6999 is not the highest ws that yuna will ever hit with twashtar, she'll prolly come back next weak with a nearly 8k sc or something...anyway, was just trying to form a response to the ppl that were trying to be *** on the thread, which their only response was, ur a schmuck, chigoes dont count etc, no real facts or experience in the matter probably.

And just a thought, don't know if this would really matter outside of abys, but doesn't rudras>rudras make darkness? all the other emps have 4 elements in the ws, so y use a weaker ws in abys as the opening or closing ws in a sc? just asking, i dont have 1 so i dont know, but i'm fairly sure this should b possible
 Siren.Ansatsusha
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Ansatsusha 2011-04-08 07:49:22
Link | Citer | R

What's Abyssea? and thf>dnc with rudra's. Stick to the daka+2, full Twashtar wont be worth it for dnc, stick to healing people with your tp ;)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-08 08:01:56
Link | Citer | R

I said I hadn't seen a 7k Rudra's on a non-piercing-weak target. The main thing that limits the damage potential of Rudra's on trash mobs is their HP. I'm impressed that Yuna did 6999 damage, because that looks to me like at least ~500 more damage than their max HP. A lucky last hit, basically. The first 3-4 hits of the Rudra's brought it to aaalmost death, and then the last hit went way overkill. For max damage numbers in Abyssea, Rocs in Altepa are probably the best bet. Piercing weak and I think that family gets an HP boost.

For dancer, Striking Flourish -> Rudra's on a piercing weak target (assuming that TA can't overwrite SF's DA) has a max potential of:
3.15*(5.45+1)*1.43 + (3*2.5) = 36.55
36.55*(D61+60% DEX mod) = damage
320 DEX isn't unreasonable with Omnipotence (163 base damage), and would give 8187 damage without piercing bonus. 10233 damage with piercing bonus.

The odds are incredibly low though.

PS. Congrats on stealing Boost. Dancer isn't going to be a top tier DD outside Abyssea, but it will still be better than Thief. 30% Dual Wield from traits and Haste Samba says hi.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-04-08 08:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
The first 3-4 hits of the Rudra's brought it to almost death, and then the last hit went way overkill.

Are you saying 3-4 hits with triple atk or quad atk proc? Its just triple dmg WS so yuna coulda did 6999 with it at 1% same as like slug/sidewinder.

And I think you can get TA/QA on striking flourish. With my setup i get 9-10 tp back and i generally only striking it. Sometimes i get those 2k more dmg ones with 11/12 tp back. Or its just luck like ya said
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 08:19:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:

PS. Congrats on stealing Boost. Dancer isn't going to be a top tier DD outside Abyssea, but it will still be better than Thief. 30% Dual Wield from traits and Haste Samba says hi.
i lol'd, twashtar wins on dnc purely because of the aftermath has better use on a job that can nearly cap delay on it's own.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 08:22:30
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
The first 3-4 hits of the Rudra's brought it to almost death, and then the last hit went way overkill.

Are you saying 3-4 hits with triple atk or quad atk proc? Its just triple dmg WS so yuna coulda did 6999 with it at 1% same as like slug/sidewinder.

And I think you can get TA/QA on striking flourish. With my setup i get 9-10 tp back and i generally only striking it. Sometimes i get those 2k more dmg ones with 11/12 tp back. Or its just luck like ya said
striking forces a double attack making it a base of 3 hits, you can double-quadruple attack the offhand hit, but on a dnc you are far more likely to just double attack, thus making it a 3-4 hit ws.
By javelinx 2011-04-08 08:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I said I hadn't seen a 7k Rudra's on a non-piercing-weak target. The main thing that limits the damage potential of Rudra's on trash mobs is their HP. I'm impressed that Yuna did 6999 damage, because that looks to me like at least ~500 more damage than their max HP. A lucky last hit, basically. The first 3-4 hits of the Rudra's brought it to aaalmost death, and then the last hit went way overkill. For max damage numbers in Abyssea, Rocs in Altepa are probably the best bet. Piercing weak and I think that family gets an HP boost.

For dancer, Striking Flourish -> Rudra's on a piercing weak target (assuming that TA can't overwrite SF's DA) has a max potential of:
320 DEX isn't unreasonable with Omnipotence (163 base damage), and would give 8187 damage without piercing bonus. 10233 damage with piercing bonus.

those numbers are a bit more thourough, also did u take into account the 5% dmg boost on crit hits from charis feather (im not sure if that can affect ws's, but 5% of say 7k is 350 dmg, or 10k ws(on piercing weak) would b 500 dmg which is a big swing and would explain going outside of the numbers for ws dmg calc some of the time...granted those figures arent completely accurate as only the 1st hit of a ws is supposed to be able to crit or w/e, but the feather could explain some significant variances
By Athina 2011-04-08 08:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Ansatsusha said:

What's Abyssea? and thf>dnc with rudra's. Stick to the daka+2, full Twashtar wont be worth it for dnc, stick to healing people with your tp ;)

Take your ignorance elsewhere. Clearly in my original post, I was fully aware that a THF can out damage a DNC in certain/many instances, and vise versa.

Athina said:
This has probably been asked before, but I'm a little anxious and just need answers to a simple question. I'm going for Twashtar as a treat for my DNC, as I've been on it a lot more and haven't done anything to gear it up, and I've been told that Rudra's Storm is better off for a THF, and that's all fine and dandy with SATA, I get it.
By javelinx 2011-04-08 08:50:28
Link | Citer | R

Athina said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Take your ignorance elsewhere. Clearly in my original post, I was fully aware that a THF can out damage a DNC in certain/many instances, and vise versa.

Athina said:
This has probably been asked before, but I'm a little anxious and just need answers to a simple question. I'm going for Twashtar as a treat for my DNC, as I've been on it a lot more and haven't done anything to gear it up, and I've been told that Rudra's Storm is better off for a THF, and that's all fine and dandy with SATA, I get it.
Thanks athina, not to mention that thf was probably fully buffed with brd/cor buffs and had a tank to hold hate while he used SATA

try for those numbers while ur solo, emp thf has no chance to out parse a emp dnc solo fight vs. solo fight provided they both have top of the line gear

edit: barring skill differences, as most of us know this game is far more player skill than it is gear/food/etc when u get to the top (although having the right gear/food/etc is kind of an aftermath effect from having a lot of gaming skill...most of the time)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 09:22:06
Link | Citer | R

javelinx said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

those numbers are a bit more thourough, also did u take into account the 5% dmg boost on crit hits from charis feather (im not sure if that can affect ws's, but 5% of say 7k is 350 dmg, or 10k ws(on piercing weak) would b 500 dmg which is a big swing and would explain going outside of the numbers for ws dmg calc some of the time...granted those figures arent completely accurate as only the 1st hit of a ws is supposed to be able to crit or w/e, but the feather could explain some significant variances
see bolded

1 is base dmg + .3 from razed ruins + .08 from dnc trait + .05 from charis feather = 1.43
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 09:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Athina said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Athina said:
in short, it's the best weapon you can wear on dnc, and the aftermath is quite amazing for dnc. so yes twashtar is an excellent addition to your arsenal.

im working on terp as well, but that's a year long process and the dmg comparison to twashtar is a bit shady.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 09:26:45
Link | Citer | R

javelinx said:
Athina said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Athina said:
Thanks athina, not to mention that thf was probably fully buffed with brd/cor buffs and had a tank to hold hate while he used SATA

try for those numbers while ur solo, emp thf has no chance to out parse a emp dnc solo fight vs. solo fight provided they both have top of the line gear

edit: barring skill differences, as most of us know this game is far more player skill than it is gear/food/etc when u get to the top (although having the right gear/food/etc is kind of an aftermath effect from having a lot of gaming skill...most of the time)
pointing out something for thf (unless it was changed)

the ability thf has called "hide" allows them to sneak attack even when facing the mob, which allows them to atleast SAws. not saying thf wins solo, just saying they do have some percs while solo.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-04-08 09:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Did you use Assassin's Charge with that?

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

the ability thf has called "hide" allows them to sneak attack even when facing the mob, which allows them to atleast SAws. not saying thf wins solo, just saying they do have some percs while solo.

Only works on sight mobs, and I've never seen it be effective against an NM.
 Bahamut.Alukat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-08 09:29:17
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Ansatsusha said:

outisde abyss? how? thf/mnk fully boostet + sata AC + conspirator + hide + brd*2 (1 for att+ and the other for dex+)cor buffs + warcry + Dia III + def down + red curry bun + weakness at that mob or simply photoshoped?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 09:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

outisde abyss? how? thf/mnk fully boostet + sata AC + conspirator + hide + brd*2 (1 for att+ and the other for dex+)cor buffs + warcry + Dia III + def down + red curry bun + weakness at that mob or simply photoshoped?

have either of you fought jol? he aura steal'd jol's boost (flouresence) which isnt simply making your attack 999, it boosts the dmg of your next ability by like 100% or so.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-04-08 09:33:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
javelinx said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

see bolded

1 is base dmg + .3 from razed ruins + .08 from dnc trait + .05 from charis feather = 1.43
tyvm, makes sense
 Bahamut.Alukat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-08 09:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

have either of you fought jol? he aura steal'd jol's boost (flouresence) which isnt simply making your attack 999, it boosts the dmg of your next ability by like 100% or so.

well i should get aura steal :D