Augmenting Armor.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Augmenting Armor.
Augmenting Armor.
 Cerberus.Oric
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-17 09:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Miemo said:
Alyria said:
Ihm said:
It'd be sweet if we could drop some defence on the walmart turban :D

Hell yea with some ACC in it too. But I think it wont be on items that have stats already. But never know

Probably gonna exclude rare/ex gear and make the rest augmentable. Don't think it will be any game breaking stats though.

I <3 Miemo's sig :)
 Phoenix.Miemo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-17 09:02:02
Link | Citer | R

Oric said:
Miemo said:
Alyria said:
Ihm said:

Hell yea with some ACC in it too. But I think it wont be on items that have stats already. But never know

Probably gonna exclude rare/ex gear and make the rest augmentable. Don't think it will be any game breaking stats though.

XD Is how Mithras look yano o____o!!
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-17 09:04:20
Link | Citer | R

Miemo said:
Oric said:
Miemo said:
Alyria said:
Ihm said:

XD Is how Mithras look yano o____o!!

I don't think their.... head is that big tho.... >_> XD
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-17 09:05:32
Link | Citer | R

It can happen! Google lollo ferrari~
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-17 09:08:00
Link | Citer | R

We're getting off topic here... LOL XD
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-17 09:14:10
Link | Citer | R

That Gambison would be one awesome Cannonball piece.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-17 09:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Based on that pic that shows the mithra and galka in the header for the augment system, the mithra is wearing the errant houppelande. So maybe we add stats to items that dont have the latents of extra stats. The errant only has attributes. Another idea could be that we can turn negative to positives.

For example:

Item has -2 Vit
Augment it to add Vit

just an idea
 Carbuncle.Celest
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Celest 2009-03-17 09:56:11
Link | Citer | R

If it is indeed the pieces that don't have any stats on them, imagine the implications on the economy in general. This will make those goldsmithing and smithing lvling pieces WORTH something. It could increase the demand and prices on everything from farming items to crafted items. Depending on how easy it is to augment something.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-17 10:09:18
Link | Citer | R

I really expect this to be low level, non Rare or Exclusive equipment that has no other stats besides defense. If they allow you to make a Haubergeon with all sorts of extra buffs you know a lot of melee will be broken. Sure it would be awesome, but lets be realistic.

They are doing this with balance in mind so obviously they wont let you go crazy. Think of the way current armor level sync's down. Everyone was expecting to have epic dunes parties. I wouldn't hold your breath for haste+ or anything that could be game breaking.
 Remora.Orbit
Serveur: Remora
user: Orbit
By Remora.Orbit 2009-03-17 10:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Would be sweet to add a couple of attributes to a Speed Belt. Like ATT/ACC, or whatever suits you. I will not let myself be carried away with my imagination on this, it may turn out just "ok, so now we can add stats to certain, formerly useless, pieces. Fun."

If you could add some more stats to, let's say, the Barone/Conte Corazza, like STR, VIT (jumps, WS), that'd be something I would do.

And, could you possibly add on existing stats?

I don't have my hopes up for augmenting R/ex. :'(

Orb
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-17 10:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Probably a long shot - But wouldnt it make sence that MMM drop new "upgrade" items, that can be used to Augment other gear? Still waiting on MMM to show its true colors.

Quote from http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/4232/detail.html "Adventurers looking to acquire augmented equipment will have to do so by their own courage and valor!"

Possibly exchange tabs (Fields of Valor) > Kill NM's as mentioned earlier somewhere > Get uppgrade items for Augments.
 Remora.Orbit
By Remora.Orbit 2009-03-17 10:30:47
Link | Citer | R

On the pic they show an Errant/Mahatma Body and a Byrnie. I believe that it signifies you will be able to augment those (to some extent).

"Equipment once treasured, now auctioned off for a purseful of gil or relegated to a dank, lonely corner of your Mog House in favor of more potent apparel better suited to your burgeoning abilities."

I believe the "dank, lonely corner of your MH" CAN actually be directed at certain R/Ex pieces.

Orb
 Sylph.Khamila
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khamila
By Sylph.Khamila 2009-03-17 10:30:59
Link | Citer | R

I can see them implementing it in such a way as the stats would be random... then you can try again for another "Augment" on a new piece of armor again if you dont like the stats you get. Repeatedly trying over and over again on something like this Mythril Breastplate, hoping for STR+5 DEX+3 or something but getting HP+5 VIT+2 or something similarly crappy over and over again >.>
 Remora.Orbit
By Remora.Orbit 2009-03-17 10:34:04
Link | Citer | R

I somehow connect the enhancement of FoV they posted earlier is related to this Augmenting. That MAY be a clue.

"As the icing on this veritable cake of convenience, each Fields of Valor area is scheduled to host multiple Field Manuals, so you can spend less of your precious adventuring time in commute, and more on completing your objectives and reaping the rich rewards."
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-17 10:50:41
Link | Citer | R

Orbit said:
I somehow connect the enhancement of FoV they posted earlier is related to this Augmenting. That MAY be a clue.

"As the icing on this veritable cake of convenience, each Fields of Valor area is scheduled to host multiple Field Manuals, so you can spend less of your precious adventuring time in commute, and more on completing your objectives and reaping the rich rewards."

Either that (wich I hope) or some more Poison Dust lol.
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-17 10:52:03
Link | Citer | R

I think that only armor crafted will be able to augment (not saying ALL armor crafted). And nothing dropped from NM, rare/ex or not, will be able to augment.

This just sounds like something SE would do. I would bet gilz on it lol.
 Fenrir.Omnitank
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-17 11:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Would be cool to add jobs to pieces of armor, like Kirin's Osode read "All Jobs"

That would be *** for Whm.
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-17 11:17:39
Link | Citer | R

What if we could add some random things to Armor.
Like "Needs More Cowbell" or "+10% Belligerence"
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-17 11:22:44
Link | Citer | R

all this guessing is making me crazy, i cant wait till all the details come out. I think this might be designed to make certain pieces of gear from being so expensive and sought after like the "SH".

You need more cowbell omni... Cowbell +20 lol

Some stats might still be untouchable like movement speed and haste. i would figure.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-17 11:25:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Crafters would scream bloody murder but, it would be nice to turn NQ pieces into HQ pieces stat-wise through this process.
 Phoenix.Vandyr
user: Therin
By Phoenix.Vandyr 2009-03-17 11:29:57
Link | Citer | R

They're advertising Byrnie and Errant Houppelande with the banner that goes with this teaser, so don't mark of equipment with existing stats just yet.
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-17 11:30:09
Link | Citer | R

+50 STR on ma Dream Hat plx
 Titan.Palesade
Serveur: Titan
user: pale
By Titan.Palesade 2009-03-17 11:31:15
Link | Citer | R

Part of me wonders if this could be a step to combat gear swapping in general.

Now, I preempt this hypothesis with the fact that I'm not high level and it could very well unbalance the game big time.

But, what if you add these augments by "merging" gear? Your character would have to own both pieces, and be willing to swallow the economical hit of turning two most likely expensive things into one rare-ex item.

For example, what of a Dragoon was able to merge a scorpion harness with their Drachen Mail.

They would keep the look of the Drachen Mail and pick two of the Scorpion Harness's stats to add, For example, the Accuracy and the Evasion. The result would be a much improved Drachen Harness, but their characters net worth would go down because they trashed a scorpion harness.

I realize this is almost definitely NOT how it would work, but I think it's an interesting idea.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-17 11:39:20
Link | Citer | R

now a level 1 robe will cost from 100 gil to 100,000 gil! XD
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-17 11:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Fail
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-17 11:43:17
Link | Citer | R

They prob will make everyone turn this in with the 2 stats or select the 2 stats at the npc and you have to wait til after tallying conquest sunday to pick it up just like af+1 items
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-17 11:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Step1. Turn gear in at a NPC
Step2. Choose stats
Step3. Pay in Hundo Dyno Currancy!!

//SE attempt to nix RMT
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-17 12:09:26
Link | Citer | R

Personally I think this will only be good for highly situational gear or for lvl sync stuff. SE has a clear history of only making sidegrades / very marginal upgrades. I wouldn't be looking at this as some cheap alt to the top tier gears, but more likely just another way to get gear that will hold you over till you can get some of the best stuff w/o being completely lol.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-17 12:13:58
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

This would be nice for when upgrades are few and far between or when upgrades are in extremely expensive and/or difficult to obtain.

A good example might be: prior to crimson finger gauntlets or seiryu's kote the next best thing would be deadeye gloves as far as I can tell. If you could add on a lil extra STR, AGI or R.atk they would certainly hold up in power until you're able to obtain the good stuff.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-17 12:19:59
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
I wouldn't be looking at this as some cheap alt to the top tier gears, but more likely just another way to get gear that will hold you over till you can get some of the best stuff w/o being completely lol.

Artemicion said:
This would be nice for when upgradees are few and far between or when upgrades are in extremely expensive and/or difficult to obtain, also I have smelly butt.

Great minds think alike! Although I don't share the same buttocks condition :/