Day Two

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Day Two
Day Two
By Biazzaz 2011-03-14 12:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Would be f'n great if our stones were going up!
Someone made the statement on another forum a few days ago saying SE would have to rollback the servers when they rebooted which would make our stone count the same as when we logged.
That thought made me sad so I try to not think of it. Also not sure how much that person really is in the know.
 Ragnarok.Krystyl
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Krystal
By Ragnarok.Krystyl 2011-03-14 12:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Friday Morning: Woke up, opened Google, there was a link for a massive earthquake in Japan - Oh, I hope the get everything under control and move on quickly.

Friday Afternoon: Out of class, Spring break officially begins, head home, play some FF.

Friday Night: Tired from my last week of school I go to bed early.

Saturday: First day of spring break ^^ FF time.

Sunday: wtf maintenance?

Sunday night: wtf more maintenance? /check website. WTF WEEK LONG MAINTENANCE? Of course the length of my Spring Break >.>;

Monday: The guy who suggested bulletstorm makes me wanna buy it. BBL
 Leviathan.Mazinkaiser
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Maz76
By Leviathan.Mazinkaiser 2011-03-14 12:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I'm starting to get the shakes and a nervous twitch. I need my fix, man. I NEED IT.

Suboxone over the counter?
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-03-14 12:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Day 1: finally finished Glee season 1.

Day 2: draw, watch national geographic channel, play Layton and the lost future. Laaayton~ <3

Still no casualties but i'm starting to miss ffxi a little :8
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-03-14 12:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Solthar said:
Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
No dmg here. Does anyone know if our aby stones will still be recharging while they power is out? My initial thought was no, but didnt think it would hurt to ask.
I was going to reactivate my mule today and purchase the abyssea expansions so I could start collecting stones ;; I think the general consensus is no one knows but most people think they will.

Kewl. Thanks for the info.
 Shiva.Pheare
Serveur: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-03-14 12:16:22
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Jedielwen said:
Day 2: Trying to find and install PXI.

let me know if you find a working one. I wanted to mess around with it too. :X
 Leviathan.Yuus
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Yuukina
By Leviathan.Yuus 2011-03-14 12:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Walked down my local shopping street today, saw loads of Pachinko Parlors blaring sound, lights and air conditioning out of their doors and thought if these *** are wasting power by operating gambling machines for stupid people, SE could at least run our servers.... There was almost lots of casualties in that shop
[+]
 Alexander.Meowryu
Serveur: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2011-03-14 13:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Fasssssssssssterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Diamond weapon is attacking Japa... Midgard ;c
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-03-14 13:37:51
Link | Citer | R

woke up today still no ffxi :( omg this is gona be a long *** week!
 Fenrir.Taurent
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Taurent
By Fenrir.Taurent 2011-03-14 14:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Just a question from a concerned player: Do people really think they'll have to rollback the servers when they go online again?

If so I'm ***, just turned in 18 Sobek skins two hours before the announcement went live. :/
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Serveur: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-14 14:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Taurent said:
Just a question from a concerned player: Do people really think they'll have to rollback the servers when they go online again?

If so I'm ***, just turned in 18 Sobek skins two hours before the announcement went live. :/

Why would they have to rollback the servers again? They manually turned them off by "Request" (They were forced too, really.) by the Government of Japan. No data should have been lost. >_> Unless something happened in the few hours of sleep/not lurking on the forums.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2011-03-14 14:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Sobored...
 Cerberus.Amalea
Serveur: Cerberus
user: lilmama
By Cerberus.Amalea 2011-03-14 14:04:07
Link | Citer | R

I find myself watching FFXI Videos on Youtube to pass the time...

On the bright side it reminds me of the noob days and how everything was an adventure and not a daily grind...

Down side? Reminds me how long this week will be.... :/
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-14 14:06:00
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Taurent said:
Just a question from a concerned player: Do people really think they'll have to rollback the servers when they go online again? If so I'm ***, just turned in 18 Sobek skins two hours before the announcement went live. :/
I think, all we know officially, is that we won't be billed for the next billing cycle. As far as rolling back the servers, when they'll even be back up, or IF they'll even be back up, we can only speculate.
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-03-14 14:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Amalea said:
I find myself watching FFXI Videos on Youtube to pass the time...
this

cleaned up apartment went to the doctor for my ankle that still hurts and cooked dinner for us.

you know what i found out? our big japanese Ceramic knifes are so damn sharp.
 Fenrir.Taurent
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Taurent
By Fenrir.Taurent 2011-03-14 14:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, just leaves things up in the air. And I'm no techy so dont ask me what they had to do when the servers shut down. I know they were asked/forced to power down, I mean hell it took two hours for it to go from a 'possibility' to '/shutdown'. Had fun standing there watching people freak out in Port Jeuno at least lol. Handed out 60 pearls to randoms for a pearl with a ridiculously racist name, tossed the master pearl and let the fireworks go--still didnt get banned, we'll see what happens if things ever go up, for now I can enjoy more time with my motorcycle and Corgi puppy.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-14 14:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Taurent said:
Yeah, just leaves things up in the air. And I'm no techy so dont ask me what they had to do when the servers shut down. I know they were asked/forced to power down, I mean hell it took two hours for it to go from a 'possibility' to '/shutdown'. Had fun standing there watching people freak out in Port Jeuno at least lol. Handed out 60 pearls to randoms for a pearl with a ridiculously racist name--still didnt get banned, we'll see what happens if things ever go up, for now I can enjoy more time with my motorcycle and Corgi puppy.

Im about, 99.8% sure there's not going to be a rollback. SE's main database was nowhere near the main focus of the earthquake/Tsunami, so all the data should be fine and they're just making their government happy by turning them off to save powers. (It takes a *lot* of powers to fully run all the servers, keep them cooled so they don't overheat, etc) Whoever said they'd need a rollback is either bored as hell and trying to troll, or they really have no idea wtf is going on. lol
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-14 14:17:17
Link | Citer | R

On a different note, I am bored out of my mind, can't sleep (God I hate being an insomniac.) and have no good games to play. @.@
 Lakshmi.Beetlejuice
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Beetlejuice 2011-03-14 14:20:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Yuus said:
Walked down my local shopping street today, saw loads of Pachinko Parlors blaring sound, lights and air conditioning out of their doors and thought if these *** are wasting power by operating gambling machines for stupid people, SE could at least run our servers.... There was almost lots of casualties in that shop

I think that is so anti-social. They should be ashamed.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-03-14 14:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
On a different note, I am bored out of my mind, can't sleep (God I hate being an insomniac.) and have no good games to play. @.@
Play the legend of zelda online that's what i've been doing =)

Zelda
 Asura.Knightbus
Serveur: Asura
user: freidrich
By Asura.Knightbus 2011-03-14 14:22:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to install System Shock 2 and Planescape: Torment. I never did finish those games so I'll be looking to play those this week.

I've never been this bored in a while, even if I could sit in Jeuno and read up equips and mobs I'd be fine :(
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-14 14:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Playing Pokemon Black emulator or whatever, something my sister found. lol *** yeah I caught a Lillipup!
 Kujata.Jedielwen
Serveur: Kujata
user: Solthar
By Kujata.Jedielwen 2011-03-14 14:24:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Im about, 99.8% sure there's not going to be a rollback. SE's main database was nowhere near the main focus of the earthquake/Tsunami, so all the data should be fine and they're just making their government happy by turning them off to save powers. (It takes a *lot* of powers to fully run all the servers, keep them cooled so they don't overheat, etc) Whoever said they'd need a rollback is either bored as hell and trying to troll, or they really have no idea wtf is going on. lol

The only way I can ever see a rollback is if they decide to bring up servers in some other place (i.e. United States) and had to restore off the most recent backups before the existing servers were shut down. I wouldn't mind this so much if they did move some servers here, all the US players would get the .1 -.3 second claim advantage that the JP people currently get because of server distance.
 Midgardsormr.Alexdazion
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Alexdazion 2011-03-14 14:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Currently planning all my gear for my new character, what new quests and missions I need to do when FFXI is back :3

Fiending already
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-03-14 14:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Playing Pokemon Black emulator or whatever, something my sister found. lol *** yeah I caught a Lillipup!

OMFG this. I sense some nostalgia is growing up. Brb gonna download it.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-14 14:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Perusing Netflix atm. Too many choices. Scheduling my trip to Las Vegas this coming up Saturday. Most everything packed already.
 Ramuh.Doomsday
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Doomsday
By Ramuh.Doomsday 2011-03-14 14:49:00
Link | Citer | R

So Far i have watched The Office seasons 1-5 in their entirety. I am going to start finishing a few games: Red Dead Redemption, FFXIII, and probably more since this is a full week. Yeah "Dont know what you had til its gone" seems like a little much for this situation, but yet thats how i feel. Oh and my thoughts and prayers are out to the people in Japan...

...But give me back my game!
 Sylph.Cossack
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-03-14 14:54:22
Link | Citer | R

I've been browser raping netflix. Check out Monsters, great low budget film, is billed as sci-fi but is more humanistic.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 14:57:49
Link | Citer | R

trying to get perfect on this is keeping me busy.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-14 14:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Link to game/emulator? O.O