Cure 5?
First Page 2 3
 Ifrit.Herc
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-03-11 17:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Ok so im a lazy piece of ***and i just recently came into another account since my friend left game...now my question is since one can assume imma use him as a cure ***...should i just lvl his 40 whm to 90 or finish his 78 RDM and pray they get cure 5 soon...since sch and rdm got *** with abyssea...and even if they dont..is rdm an adequate healer to pass off anymore.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 17:41:45
Link | Citer | R

Level WHM first over those. RDM can heal pretty decently, with max potency gear available their cure4 can do around ~550ish or so. SCH can get even more via storm schema + obi.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-11 17:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Level his 40 WHM and cap his 78 RDM.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-03-11 17:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Get the whm to cap then maybe rdm
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 17:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Level WHM first over those. RDM can heal pretty decently, with max potency gear available their cure4 can do around ~550ish or so.
If you really go all out you can hit low to mid 600s. However the main problem with non whm curing isn't the amount since really you shouldn't have to spammed thousands of hp cured in seconds or your tank sucks. But the extra hate
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 17:55:29
Link | Citer | R

That's not really a major problem tbh. Plenty of ways to deal with that such as capped stoneskin or /nin and pdt gear if necessary, blink etc. Tank should be able to hold hate unless holding the mob for proc and can easily get it back with a ws. C4 just can't hold a candle to C5+6 in combination when tanks have 3k+ HP and take 1.8k ws dmg etc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 17:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Getting hate back isn't the problem. It's when your main heal is capped on hate and every spell they do makes the mob run towards them and beat on them and possibly use some random AOE making you run back to them etc.

If your tank needs back to back C5+6 tell your tank to suck less
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-11 17:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Getting hate back isn't the problem. It's when your main heal is capped on hate and every spell they do makes the mob run towards them and beat on them and possibly use some random AOE making you run back to them etc.

theres a problem with back to back c5 c6? I dont understand

ffxi takes no skill lol
 Ifrit.Herc
Serveur: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-03-11 17:59:00
Link | Citer | R

I do appreciate all the feedback and agree with all the comments...but my other concern is do u ppl think cure 5 is comin for SCH and RDM i mean they have to be due for something in this next major update to somewhat compete with curing?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Cureskin...? Why not when you have unlimited MP. I dunno which fight you would be referring to but most fights don't last that long to the point where you would run into that issue.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Herc said:
I do appreciate all the feedback and agree with all the comments...but my other concern is do u ppl think cure 5 is comin for SCH and RDM i mean they have to be due for something in this next major update to somewhat compete with curing?
I should hope it does. It used to say rdm on the scroll. Pup gets... oh and the fact that a bst/whm can cure as high and almost buff as good as a lvl 90rdm is just kinda stupid
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cureskin...? Why not when you have unlimited MP. I dunno which fight you would be referring to but most fights don't last that long to the point where you would run into that issue.
Um perhaps you don't realize how little it takes. I've run into that problem alot with non whm only healers
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:03:49
Link | Citer | R

Or perhaps you don't realize how little of an issue it is on most fights?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Or perhaps you just haven't used rdms as your only healer lowmanning nms that do dmg semi freqeuntly thru utsesmi.

16k hp cured btw to cap CE at 90
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Did glavoid, Uludashi, and more with one just fine. If its that much of an issue get a THF?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Or perhaps you just haven't used rdms as your only healer lowmanning nms that do dmg semi freqeuntly thru utsesmi.

16k hp cured btw to cap CE at 90

16k hp? Don't see that being an issue outside of a few hero's zone NMs. Vast majority of abyssea nms it won't apply. Especially with other support or ways to shed hate.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Also C5 would make RDM overpowered, no thanks. WHM should remain the top healer as per FF lore!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-03-11 18:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I'd be happy with a Cure 4.5. Hit us with gobs of enmity gain and whatever. But this cure 4 is ***.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-03-11 18:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Also C5 would make RDM overpowered, no thanks. WHM should remain the top healer as per FF lore!
1)Whm
2)Sch
3)rdm
4)blu
5)drg
6)smn

lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Why? Only area it is *** in is Abyssea due to enhancements to HP. RDM shouldn't be top tier healer, that should be reserved to WHM and DNC. They should elaborate more on RDM's strong points than make it into a WHM. C4 is enough 550+ HP cure and even higher once more gear is released/magian trials furthered. Outside of Abyssea, RDM still remains the best healer support imo.
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 18:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Then tell them to gimp BLU and DNC then, it's a joke when them two can cure more than a RDM or SCH.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:17:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
16k hp? Don't see that being an issue outside of a few hero's zone NMs. Vast majority of abyssea nms it won't apply. Especially with other support or ways to shed hate.
If you aren't needing to cure 16k an entire fight chances are you aren't going to need more than back to back III/IV
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:18:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
1)Whm
2)BLU
3)SCH
4)RDM

5)drg
6)smn

lol

ftfy
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
If you aren't needing to cure 16k an entire fight chances are you aren't going to need more than cure IV

Which is why it isn't an issue.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-11 18:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
1)Whm
2)Sch
3)rdm
4)blu
5)drg
6)smn

lol
Sad SMN is a better healer than DNC by your list....
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Then tell them to gimp BLU and DNC then, it's a joke when them two can cure more than a RDM or SCH.

Uh really? DNC was supposed to be a front line healer. Doesn't matter if BLU can heal better than a RDM or SCH, it was meant to by a hybrid more so than those jobs. RDM is enfeeble master with dabbling in black/white, scholar can heal decently on a level of a blu if geared for.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
If you aren't needing to cure 16k an entire fight chances are you aren't going to need more than cure IV
Then it doesn't matter if it doesn't hold a candle to V/VI cure amounts :)
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
1)Whm
2)Sch
3)rdm
4)blu
5)drg
6)smn

lol
Sad SMN is a better healer than DNC by your list....

Not my list, only corrected the top ones idc about rest.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:22:14
Link | Citer | R

What they really need to do is make enhancing magic skill matter more. Rdm has the highest base skill and for what?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Then it doesn't matter if it doesn't hold a candle to V/VI cure amounts :)

Does on specific NMs where c4 doesn't cut it. Which is certain hero's NM for most part. Also a lot easier when whm is there with large safety net that is c5/6 and cureskin.
First Page 2 3