Cure 5?
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 18:24:14
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Also C5 would make RDM overpowered, no thanks. WHM should remain the top healer as per FF lore!

Then tell them to gimp BLU and DNC then, it's a joke when them two can cure more than a RDM or SCH.

Uh really? DNC was supposed to be a front line healer. Doesn't matter if BLU can heal better than a RDM or SCH, it was meant to by a hybrid more so than those jobs. RDM is enfeeble master with dabbling in black/white, scholar can heal decently on a level of a blu if geared for.

You seriously think BLU is more a hybrid than SCH? SCH Matches BLM with their tier in elemental magic bar the AOE ones, by the same rules they should at least be close to WHM maybe not VI but definitely V.

Blu is a "DD" who uses enemies abiilities/spells to their advantage. That's hardly more a hybrid than SCH or even RDM, and certainly shouldn't mean they can dance all over RDM and SCH healing wise.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:24:57
Link | Citer | R

Then you obviously don't know BLU. BLU can fill any roll in this game... That is "more" of a hybrid (meant to say versatile) than SCH.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 18:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Whether it can doesn't mean it should.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
What they really need to do is make enhancing magic skill matter more. Rdm has the highest base skill and for what?

Maybe they will give rdm Haste 2 if they don't release far east expansion w/time mage and make it apply to gear haste + magic haste!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:26:47
Link | Citer | R

It should, BLU is the best gtfo plz
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Then you obviously don't know BLU. BLU can fill any roll in this game... That is "more" of a hybrid (meant to say versatile) than SCH.
Including some that no other job can really do. It can't switch as fast though.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 18:27:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:

haha, sure.. If you say so..
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
What they really need to do is make enhancing magic skill matter more. Rdm has the highest base skill and for what?
Maybe they will give rdm Haste 2 if they don't release far east expansion w/time mage and make it apply to gear haste + magic haste!
Or just make all enhancing magic have potency components. Abyssea burned whm you say? 2% haste from spell :). Super pimped out rdm? 20% haste :). Similar on refresh, protect, shell etc and add new buffs for it too
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 18:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Or just make all enhancing magic have potency components. Abyssea burned whm you say? 2% haste from spell :). Super pimped out rdm? 20% haste :). Similar on refresh, protect, shell etc and add new buffs for it too

Works for me, at least Enhancing Magic will have a proper use since 75.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Phalanx and barspell?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-11 18:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Is there a native BLU magic spell (i.e. non-subjob) that can heal outside of one's party? I can't seem to think of one (Healing Breeze, P. Embrace, Magic Fruit, etc.) off the top of my head at least.

If that's the case, I would think BLU as a healer is always at least a little bit limited.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Is there a native BLU magic spell (i.e. non-subjob) that can heal outside of one's party? I can't seem to think of one (Healing Breeze, P. Embrace, Magic Fruit, etc.) off the top of my head at least.

If that's the case, I would think BLU as a healer is always at least a little bit limited.

Nope they can't :/ so yeah that's a reason!
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-11 18:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
16k hp? Don't see that being an issue outside of a few hero's zone NMs. Vast majority of abyssea nms it won't apply. Especially with other support or ways to shed hate.
If you aren't needing to cure 16k an entire fight chances are you aren't going to need more than cure IV
Which is why it isn't an issue.
Then it doesn't matter if it doesn't hold a candle to V/VI cure amounts :)

Does on specific NMs where c4 doesn't cut it. Which is certain hero's NM for most part. Also a lot easier when whm is there with large safety net that is c5/6 and cureskin.
Yeah I saw, I was pretty wtf too when I saw BLU so low on the list.

Also BRD/WHM should be before SMN, it can give itself what 10ish tick refresh without G horn with just +2 pants and Crooner's? Also can wear a lot of the same Cure potency+ stuff too.

Double edit: loldrg.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Phalanx and barspell?
Capping phalanx is easy. The problem with barspell is takes 5 skill to get 1 more resist and whm gets legs that give 20 by itself... wheres my +100 enhancing skill legs!?! Until recently that capped easily too
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 18:40:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Phalanx and barspell?

It's quite bad when there is only two spells(?) that increase with enhancing skill.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:42:18
Link | Citer | R

Enspells?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Stoneskin?
 Valefor.Leith
Serveur: Valefor
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-11 18:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Draylo its not a matter of RDM being a top healer, its the *** fact that with the new level cap ANY 90 job/whm can get access to Cure IV, and its the highest RDM can get as a main job at 90 >.>
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:43:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Enspells?
Self only and not that great. Until recently capped easily

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Stoneskin?
Mnd effects it so much more. A mage with 0 enhancing skil can still cap stoneskin in abyssea. My blu/rdm can outside
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 18:44:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Enspells?

15 skill for one more point of DMG is a bit much.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Stoneskin?

Is capped at 350 and is more or less capable of being capped by any mage job now.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Draylo its not a matter of RDM being a top healer, its the *** fact that with the new level cap ANY 90 job/whm can get access to Cure IV, and its the highest RDM can get as a main job at 90 >.>

So what? RDM was never, in the entire series, designed to be the best healer. Hell, Summoners had avatars in the past series that did a shitton of heals compared to any RDM. In this game, RDM still tops /whm's with fast cast cap + high potency equips + survivability and more. Stop whining.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Enspells?

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Stoneskin?
Mnd effects it so much more. A mage with 0 enhancing skil can still cap stoneskin

Wasn't saying anything about potency, was referring to spells that are enhanced by enhancing magic. Also /sch for enspell makes it aoe, not useful for most situations but just sayin'.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 18:46:16
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if they told you from 90-99 you wouldn't get any spells for BLU if you'd still feel the same.

When a spell becomes sub job level for ANY job, it just makes sense to upgrade the actual jobs that do it in the process.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:46:27
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Enspells?
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Stoneskin?
Mnd effects it so much more. A mage with 0 enhancing skil can still cap stoneskin
Wasn't saying anything about potency, was referring to spells that are enhanced by enhancing magic. Also /sch for enspell makes it aoe, not useful for most situations but just sayin'.
I was :)
 Valefor.Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-11 18:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
So what? RDM was never, in the entire series, designed to be the best healer. Hell, Summoners had avatars in the past series that did a shitton of heals compared to any RDM. In this game, RDM still tops /whm's with fast cast cap + high potency equips + survivability and more. Stop whining.
I don't think you realize how bullheaded you sound, for one, you keep saying "blah blah RDM shouldnt be the best healer" why would cure V make them the best? It wouldn't...it would just put them on par with SCH and BLU for the most part, which is fair in your opinion, because they weren't "meant to be the best healers" either
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:48:00
Link | Citer | R

No it would overpower WHM. A rdm with capped fast cast, more survivability, powerful enfeebles such as slow and paralyze in addition to much more (nuking prowess) would make this game back into 2009 where whm was shunned unless R3'ing.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Also if the game goes to outside abyssea, RDM will resume its reign due to MP management.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:49:50
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if they told you from 90-99 you wouldn't get any spells for BLU if you'd still feel the same.

When a spell becomes sub job level for ANY job, it just makes sense to upgrade the actual jobs that do it in the process.

Um no, and how the hell do you know if they won't get any new spells...? All jobs are receiving new ***in the mail next update. Also /blu gets cocoon, one of the best defensive blu spells available, do you see me bitchin? /rdm gets convert... /whm stona etc etc.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
16k hp? Don't see that being an issue outside of a few hero's zone NMs. Vast majority of abyssea nms it won't apply. Especially with other support or ways to shed hate.
If you aren't needing to cure 16k an entire fight chances are you aren't going to need more than cure IV
Which is why it isn't an issue.
Then it doesn't matter if it doesn't hold a candle to V/VI cure amounts :)

Does on specific NMs where c4 doesn't cut it. Which is certain hero's NM for most part. Also a lot easier when whm is there with large safety net that is c5/6 and cureskin.
Yeah I saw, I was pretty wtf too when I saw BLU so low on the list.

Also BRD/WHM should be before SMN, it can give itself what 10ish tick refresh without G horn with just +2 pants and Crooner's? Also can wear a lot of the same Cure potency+ stuff too.

Double edit: loldrg.

MP management inside abyssea is irrelevant, outside would have a case however. SMN can use avatar to aoe heal also in addition to /whm, which is a plus I guess if we talking in terms of pure healing.
 Valefor.Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-11 18:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
No it would overpower WHM. A rdm with capped fast cast, more survivability, powerful enfeebles such as slow and paralyze in addition to much more (nuking prowess) would make this game back into 2009 where whm was shunned unless R3'ing.
You keep skewing off from what you're actually trying to argue.
You're talking about HEALING, but you keep throwing in different aspects. WHM has some fast cast gear, and can enfeeb just fine, stoneskin aquaveil and blink are the same buffs rdm has, only advantage to RDM in that aspect being phalanx. However in terms of healing, even if RDM had Cure V, WHM would still win, because of Cure VI, Esuna, Divine Veil, Divine Benison,and much more.