"lucky" items?
First Page 2
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-10 17:32:29
Link | Citer | R

there are several items in the game considered to be "lucky" such as the 4 leaf mandy bud and rabbit tail...but what about the lucky egg? it isnt confirmed on the wiki of having no TH effect so does it?
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-10 17:35:11
Link | Citer | R

I don't think any of those "lucky" items do anything at all. Just a lot of superstition in my opinion. I specifically read somewhere that someone actually tested them to see and the results were inconclusive, but I have no idea where I read it. Maybe someone else has a link on it?
 Ragnarok.Ahtos
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ahtos
By Ragnarok.Ahtos 2009-03-10 17:38:01
Link | Citer | R

SE already said there is no TH on these Items.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-10 17:38:57
Link | Citer | R

I read somewhere that SE officially said at one of the fan festivals that the wild rabbit tail has no hidden effect.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-10 17:50:50
Link | Citer | R

SE also said that TH has no more effect regardless of the amount of THFs in the party/alliance. They said that the THF must generate enmity once for TH to kick in. They said that TH1 doesn't affect Rare/Ex drops too, I'm pretty sure. But still, people shout in Dynamis to let the THF get the last kill, and people /THF to go farm a testimony... :) If people want to believe something, whatever SE tells them, they'll keep believing. I think it's ironic, funny, weird and cute.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-10 17:59:12
Link | Citer | R

Psyence said:
They said that TH1 doesn't affect Rare/Ex drops too, I'm pretty sure.
It sure seems like /THF helps with getting chest and coffer keys to drop though. Those are Rare/Ex. The last-kill business is surely poppycock though.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-10 18:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Treasure Hunter is a myth o.O
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-10 18:50:38
Link | Citer | R

lol! This reminds me of 'the cake is a lie!' except now it's 'the TH is a lie!' I don't even doubt it ^^
 Garuda.Pastor
Serveur: Garuda
user: Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-03-10 19:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Kyaaadaa said:

LOL tell it to my TH4 its on fire atm
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-10 19:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Pastor said:
LOL tell it to my TH4 its on fire atm

It's true, his is. He's referred to as "JP BUTTON" in our shells.
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-10 20:33:08
Link | Citer | R

TH is a myth.. it isnt the amount of TH on a thf its the luck of hte party/alliance lol
0/103 okote with and without TH 1, 2, 3, and 4
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-10 20:36:03
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

From what I've noticed TH really only helps on conventional drops. It's too difficult to really compound information on exactly how beneficial it is on particularly rare drops, especially from NMs.

Unfortunately in your case Arnor, TH will not help no matter what. Mee Degi is made to drop one or the other, TH won't affect which one drops, since he has a 100% drop on one or the other anyways. It's just pure luck of the draw. Keep tryin, and I hope you get your kotes.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-03-10 20:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Well Idk about you all but, having TH in the group w/ me give me comfort. If I dont get a drop w/ a thf in the party then I know for sure it just did not drop. But if I dont I will say to myself I wish I had a thf.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Serveur: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-10 21:02:25
Link | Citer | R

I don't know about you but I wont go go farm for my crafting (or any thing) without my TH3
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-03-10 21:07:40
Link | Citer | R

the cost of including the thf at the end of a fight is close to 0... the benefit from it is unkown... but we all know it's not detrimental so it can be 0 or positive.
For me it's the wisest choice to go for higher or equal to 0... rather than certainly equal to 0 (which is not to include a TH)

but that's really off topic I guess...

about the lucky items I read once in an interview with developers that it didn't affect... but I can't remember if it was a specifici item or general items... and I won't remember which FanFest was it either :P but if someone isn't lazy as we are... they can post a link!
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-10 21:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Get all 4 items and you will have the following:

4 wasted spaces in your MH (except for Millionair's Desk, that actually has storage capability in it).
 Remora.Narrubia
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-03-10 21:54:07
Link | Citer | R

SE only said that there is no PROGRAMMED hidden effects of such lucky items.

Obviously this is a cover-up for the fact that they used cult rituals to give such items hidden effects without having to even code it in...!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-10 21:57:36
Link | Citer | R

TH is awesome...I never go farming without my trusty THF friend.^^

Seriously, leveling NPC fellow on Tabar's a ways back solo I was getting Cockatrice meat at about 1/8. With THF and I duoing them was about 5/8. BIIIIIG help, mithkabob's all around lol
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-03-10 22:21:34
Link | Citer | R

When more than 1 THF in a party or alliance only 1 TH takes effect so if THF#1 is sporting TH3 and THF#2 is sporting TH4 THF#2's TH4 trumps the other TH.

Last shot kill makes no difference. A friggin WHM could make the final blow as long as the THF with said TH1-4 is close enough to gain experience then TH will somewhat affect the drops. Remember I said Somewhat! So, if your THF is "Too far to gain exp from the battle" ask his/her *** why they are away from the PT to begin with and tell them to book it back! =P

Supposedly Thief's knife adds 1% to what I believe is 5% TH bonus after TH2 is acquired but don't quote me on this please. And Assassin's Armlets Adds another 1% when obtained.

So I am hypothetically guessing that if "insert item here" is 40% drop with out TH at all With TH2 it would be a 45% drop, TH3 = 46% and TH4 = 47%.

And NO I doubt TH stacks like I previously said The THF with the higher TH will trump the other THF's and if more than 1 THF has TH4 in party or alliance only 1 would take effect.

Hope that clears up a lil confusion. These are just opinions of mine from TH research that I've done.

And for the topic those items are just quest items they don't help at all.

From personal tests from eating or just having it in inventory those "lucky" items are merely nothing more than quest items.

I have 4 leaf mandy and the egg while manta fishing and never have gotten an angel skin and I've also come there manta fishing having forgot my THF knife in MH (I know shame on me =P) and gotten 2 skins in less than 2 hours. Luck is the key in FFXI.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-10 22:31:37
Link | Citer | R

From what I recall/believe/whatever, that's all pretty much correct. The only thing I think is wrong is the too far to obtain experience. Simply having a THF in party will not give TH, the THF has to do something to get enmity, even if it's thf/whm casting cure 1 for 0, as long as they get on hate list, the TH is set. I think from that point the thf can wander off or even logout and TH will remain active.

(don't quote me on any of this :D)
 Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-03-10 23:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
From what I recall/believe/whatever, that's all pretty much correct. The only thing I think is wrong is the too far to obtain experience. Simply having a THF in party will not give TH, the THF has to do something to get enmity, even if it's thf/whm casting cure 1 for 0, as long as they get on hate list, the TH is set. I think from that point the thf can wander off or even logout and TH will remain active.

By hate you mean, just basically? Or the mob has to turn and face them or w/e?

Kyaaadaa said:

I feel this way to. ACC is also a myth. No matter how much +ACC gear (plus capped GA/GKT skill I have + food) I still miss a shitload. Maybe SE puts people in categories when they begin to play FF. Oh, this person will have insane drops with TH, This persons ACC will be outstanding, This person gets ***(me), This person will will have good luck all around. . .I loathe you SE
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-03-10 23:29:06
Link | Citer | R

Triet said:
Blazza said:

Kyaaadaa said:

I feel this way to. ACC is also a myth. No matter how much +ACC gear (plus capped GA/GKT skill I have + food) I still miss a shitload. Maybe SE puts people in categories when they begin to play FF. Oh, this person will have insane drops with TH, This persons ACC will be outstanding, This person gets ***(me), This person will will have good luck all around. . .I loathe you SE

/comfort
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-11 01:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Triet said:
Maybe SE puts people in categories when they begin to play FF. Oh, this person will have insane drops with TH, This persons ACC will be outstanding, This person gets ***(me), This person will will have good luck all around. . .I loathe you SE

That might explain my outstanding non-THF TH ability I seem to have....
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-11 01:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Triet said:
Blazza said:

By hate, I mean they need to generate at least 1CE, as in, get on the hate list, as in, get such a piddly amount of hate so small, the mob won't ever ever think of looking at them until everyone else is dead.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-11 16:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
mithkabob's all around lol
lol..
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-11 16:55:13
Link | Citer | R

From what ive watched, and still do, when in pt. I compare just doing some for enmity and actually getting the mobs attention to attack me. Seems the latter works for drops more often.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-11 16:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Triet said:
Maybe SE puts people in categories when they begin to play FF. Oh, this person will have insane drops with TH, This persons ACC will be outstanding, This person gets ***(me), This person will will have good luck all around. . .I loathe you SE

I think so too...the running theory in my LS is that I got the hidden "Luck -50" stat when I signed up. If I go to sell something on AH, no matter how long it's been since someone sold one before me, someone will list one right after me and undercut me. If I need to buy something on the AH there either aren't any, or someone's jacking the price up to 3 times the normal. Without fail. If I need a drop, it wont drop.

Sucks ***...

Pretty effing annoying...
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-11 19:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Everything is possible, but only a small fraction is likely.

Take a statistics course.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Serveur: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-11 19:15:43
Link | Citer | R

well my afk camping of sum NM's in Giddius I have helped people by lending my th effect when they are killing bees they say it helps a lot with drop rates

eddit Oh yea I'm never in range expeacly when they are hunting for yag necklaces
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-03-11 20:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Clowdd said:
So I am hypothetically guessing that if "insert item here" is 40% drop with out TH at all With TH2 it would be a 45% drop, TH3 = 46% and TH4 = 47%.

I had always imagined it to add 8% of the % of the drop. eg: item has droprate of 40% and the the TH adds 3.2% to the original 40% droprate. I never find TH to give that greater chance for drops, even with TH4... But this is probably wrong.
First Page 2