DNC Decent Tank?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC decent tank?
DNC decent tank?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-23 23:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
seiri said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Animated flourish is still ***. The hate from it will completely decay in 25 seconds. And even at the start it is comparable to the hate of a single cure IV if you have 2 finishing moves. Or if you get into just non-decaying hate around 3k hp cured. I mean ***it's less than provoke and you already said how ***provoke was

You know what's really cool about stealing hate after a tp reset. Not only do you get hate but the person who had it loses it. So next reset instead of having to work harder to get hate back you actually don't have to work as hard

your ***really is boring me now dasva

that shity hate abilitie you have,how is it beating 10% haste 1millionz double attack?

Merits, atma and gear. Assuming you get the 40% proc rate thats a 80% increase to tp gain and can also increase - guess what - WS dmg, which haste has - omgomg - no effect on whatsoever.

Not true, it makes the animation go off faster, haven't ya herd?
but doesnt haste take time to proc?

***, you're right, well what you could do is counterbalance that with some pdt while waiting for it to proc, so you dont just stand there like an idiot. What are you new?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 00:01:24
Link | Citer | R

ilu guys
By seiri 2011-02-24 00:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
seiri said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Animated flourish is still ***. The hate from it will completely decay in 25 seconds. And even at the start it is comparable to the hate of a single cure IV if you have 2 finishing moves. Or if you get into just non-decaying hate around 3k hp cured. I mean ***it's less than provoke and you already said how ***provoke was

You know what's really cool about stealing hate after a tp reset. Not only do you get hate but the person who had it loses it. So next reset instead of having to work harder to get hate back you actually don't have to work as hard

your ***really is boring me now dasva

that shity hate abilitie you have,how is it beating 10% haste 1millionz double attack?

Merits, atma and gear. Assuming you get the 40% proc rate thats a 80% increase to tp gain and can also increase - guess what - WS dmg, which haste has - omgomg - no effect on whatsoever.

***, you're right, well what you could do is counterbalance that with some pdt while waiting for it to proc, so you dont just stand there like an idiot. What are you new?

Oh crap ur right wolf! Animation speed ftw. Oh and, that 10% haste is 10% faster movement when he needs to run away!

Yep.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 00:06:13
Link | Citer | R

seiri said:
Oh crap ur right wolf! Animation speed ftw. Oh and, that 10% haste is 10% faster movement when he needs to run away!

Yep.

That only works if you're wearing dusk. Suck less, L2FFXI.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-24 00:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yep.

[+]
By seiri 2011-02-24 00:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yep.

Ok, so full dusk and the lolwut40% haste = godmode? Right right i think we see the light.
By seiri 2011-02-24 00:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yep.

Haruhii!!
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 00:09:09
Link | Citer | R

seiri said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yep.

Ok, so full dusk and the lolwut40% haste = godmode? Right right i think we see the light.

/nods
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-24 00:11:21
Link | Citer | R

seiri said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yep.

Haruhii!!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-24 00:12:03
Link | Citer | R

seiri said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yep.

Well It's not that simple, you need to take into account okun's ffxi law stating for every 1% haste there is a 2% increase in proc time, so for instance if one were to attempt to use 15% haste at a given time one's time required for haste to proc would increase by 30%. Like haste, this too is subject to increasing returns. God, whats next, we don't know about movement speed decay?
By seiri 2011-02-24 00:17:48
Link | Citer | R

seiri said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yep.

Well It's not that simple, you need to take into account okun's ffxi law stating for every 1% haste there is a 2% increase in proc time, so for instance if one were to attempt to use 15% haste at a given time one's time required for haste to proc would increase by 30%. Like haste, this too is subject to increasing returns. God, whats next, we don't know about movement speed decay?

By seiri 2011-02-24 00:37:04
Link | Citer | R

On a more serious not to the OP.

Post some gear sets if you wanted specific pointers. You currently have the luxury of having some of best DNC influences you could want trolling this post, so take advantage. Also, refer to Niniaan's DNC guide. Its all good stuff and can help a lot.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 00:43:55
Link | Citer | R

seiri said:

Post some gear sets if you wanted specific pointers. You currently have the luxury of having some of best DNC influences you could want trolling this post, so take advantage. Also, refer to Niniaan's DNC guide. Its all good stuff and can help a lot.

I really need to revamp that. So lazy though. I *kinda* did a quickfix the other day but it's still meeeeh /sad
By seiri 2011-02-24 00:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

I really need to revamp that. So lazy though. I *kinda* did a quickfix the other day but it's still meeeeh /sad

Well..compare it to the 'advice' being given by certain others on this thread and...WOW ITS FLAWLESS...but seriously, its still a good guide, even if a little outta date.
 Valefor.Nyota
Serveur: Valefor
user: Nyota21
By Valefor.Nyota 2011-02-24 00:54:13
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 01:02:51
Link | Citer | R

seiri said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Well..compare it to the 'advice' being given by certain others on this thread and...WOW ITS FLAWLESS...but seriously, its still a good guide, even if a little outta date.

/nods I'm going to go patch it up some more... things change sooo much so quickly /wrists.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-24 01:07:20
Link | Citer | R

i just wanna know if closed position is good for perhaps a strict DNC tank.
By seiri 2011-02-24 01:11:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:

5/5 it. Thats my 2 cents but for general tanking its the most effective use of merits imo.
 Valefor.Nyota
By Valefor.Nyota 2011-02-24 01:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:

Just try it out yourself and see if the increase in evasion is noticeable by your own standards. If you don't like 5/5 CP, you could always put it something more noticeable like NFR or Fan Dance, those help with tanking as well.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-24 01:15:43
Link | Citer | R

no foot rise seems less useful, with presto, only needing 2 steps for max finishers
 Valefor.Nyota
By Valefor.Nyota 2011-02-24 01:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
no foot rise seems less useful, with presto, only needing 2 steps for max finishers

Just depends on your play style. Best way to merit your DNC is to really trial and error. DNC is just one of those jobs that you really can't merit "wrong" it's all on the players style.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 01:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:

Depends on your gear, evade-rate caps at 80%, and accuracy caps at 95%.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-24 01:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Not really. Capping evade rate isn't hard for the most part and you can frequently do it in a mixed haste/DW + eva set (or no eva at all - I get so tired of people using full eva on Briareus and such and taking forever to kill when they'd cap eva naked). 5/5ing CP means you're potentially dropping points elsewhere (Saber Dance!). It's still good to merit, just not necessarily to max.
 Bahamut.Samunai
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2011-02-24 01:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Nyota said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Just depends on your play style. Best way to merit your DNC is to really trial and error. DNC is just one of those jobs that you really can't merit "wrong" it's all on the players style.

yea true strike. everything is usable but depends on how u use ur dnc. if u want to be a 'dd' then u rather not use stuff for tanking like the fan merit. u have no use for it if u dont have or ever have hate.

but i think if u know how, dnc can be a pretty Good, not decent but 'Good'.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 01:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
seiri said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Animated flourish is still ***. The hate from it will completely decay in 25 seconds. And even at the start it is comparable to the hate of a single cure IV if you have 2 finishing moves. Or if you get into just non-decaying hate around 3k hp cured. I mean ***it's less than provoke and you already said how ***provoke was You know what's really cool about stealing hate after a tp reset. Not only do you get hate but the person who had it loses it. So next reset instead of having to work harder to get hate back you actually don't have to work as hard
your ***really is boring me now dasva that shity hate abilitie you have,how is it beating 10% haste 1millionz double attack?
*** you inb4'd me.
Heard there was some *** going on in here.
This is relavent to my interest
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-02-24 02:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Yunaa! I want to be your dnc apprentice.
lol idk if you want to be mine, im more or less a loud mouth spouting things off in a tangent, byrth is a much more reliable person with these things ^^
I'm a taru looking to ascend.
o, my neko has a fetish for kicking taru field goals :]
bah yuna's mine... well yuna is free til I come back to asura and then yuna's mine again! lol

I don't mind the tangents ^^;
 Odin.Hevans
Serveur: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2011-02-24 03:12:28
Link | Citer | R

i just want to post in an awesome dnc bread.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 03:17:08
Link | Citer | R

I MOSTLY FIXED MY GUIDE DO I GET A COOKIE?
 Odin.Hevans
Serveur: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2011-02-24 03:18:37
Link | Citer | R

no you do not. you get two cookies. anyone who <3's dnc deserves double the norm.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10