Forum » FFXI » General » Ridiculous responses to gear
Ridiculous responses to gear
First Page 2 3
 Kujata.Houshisama
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-07 20:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Ever seen someone who was .... incredibly gimpy, (and im not talking about the sam without a hagun ._. i think thats reasonable to not have one)gear, and thought WTF...

thats not really what this is about, im talking about the people who react ridiculously about the fact someone doesnt have the absolute best gear...

my friend and i thought it would be funny to mock that as such "OMG A PLD WITHOUT AN AEGIS?!?! IM CALLING A GM"

he one-upped that and replaced calling a gm with calling the police >.>

anyone have some really ridiculous reaction about some gear?
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-07 20:28:13
Link | Citer | R

I used to get a lot of /tells when I soloed imps in nothing but swords.
Blu/Nin obviously.

Only thing that drives me to yell at someone about gear is when I see a pld tanking in a hauby...
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-07 20:32:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I've had some people ask why I don't use Disseverment...
Me: "Well, I don't have sea access."
???: "Well get it."
Me: "Oh, you're *** offering to help?"
???: "..."
Me: "Exactly, shut your damn mouth."
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-07 20:46:33
Link | Citer | R

Ive seen people catch criticism for not having relic armor,.... bit harsh ._.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 20:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Somebody got kicked from a party I was in once because they didn't have a Black Belt.
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 20:49:02
Link | Citer | R

i get tells all the time telling me to sell my drk gear and never touch it again...all b/c i dont have a Kclub. I also get tells from time to time about not having all of the HQ staves for blm.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 20:51:54
Link | Citer | R

I once got told off for not having a Peacock Charm. The person really drove it into me, said I was refusing to play my job properly and was gimping their party's experience. He whined and whined telling the leader to kick me. Leader didn't. The player then left the party, and was seeking in Whitegate for the following three hours. Take a guess what job the player was... That's right... Bard, of course.

All because a COR/WHM wasn't using a Peacock Charm... I had one, but chose not to use it since I was more or less main healing. Even when I equipped it to show him I had one, he wouldn't examine me, and just kept calling me gimp and whatnot.

Was fantastic experience too once he left. Some people are just a waste of space.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 20:54:29
Link | Citer | R

well i have PCC but it took me forever to get it. Years actually. and on the rare occassion that i play /whm as cor, i dont use PCC, i normally use ugg pendant.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 20:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Exactly.

As for the HQ Staves, they're pretty good to have but not something anyone should be scorned for not having. The full set on Garuda looks to set somebody back by nearly 4mil. That's quite a lot of money; especially as a Black Mage you won't really use them all.

(Why on earth does a Black Mage need an Apollo's Staff...)
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-07 20:56:18
Link | Citer | R

I have PCC, but i wouldnt complain if someone didnt, as long as they were attempting to not suck.....

PCC i got by luck...

Had a war kicked from merit party due to not having ridill (prior to 2hand update)

Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I got kicked from a meripo on RDM/WHM once for useing Errant Bod/legs + MP equip instead of a Healing Skill/MND setup...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 20:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Houshisama said:
I have PCC, but i wouldnt complain if someone didnt, as long as they were attempting to not suck.....

Well a check would've revealed clear effort in gearing my job up to have as much MP as possible... That's just the amusing part really; he refused to examine me after he saw I didn't have a Peacock Charm equipped.

Either way, I'm good at the job. Don't need 10 Ranged Accuracy to accomplish that... Which is kind of the key point really. So long as you're good at the job, the occasional non-perfect piece of gear is hardly going to change the way you play your job.

Aledacia said:
I got kicked from a meripo on RDM/WHM once for useing Errant Bod/legs + MP equip instead of a Healing Skill/MND setup...

Awesome.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 21:03:47
Link | Citer | R

oh here we go, just got a /point /laugh thrown at me for not wearing a full xp setup as DRK. I have acc gear stacked on...and im using my NPC. It would be pretty obvious that A) im leveling my NPC B) im skilling up a lower weapon *which since im using a lv 32 axe at lv 75 seems apparent* or C) all of the above. But no...im apparently trying to get a pty with pure acc gear and a lv 32 axe..with my NPC out..
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:06:16
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
oh here we go, just got a /point /laugh thrown at me for not wearing a full xp setup as DRK. I have acc gear stacked on...and im using my NPC. It would be pretty obvious that A) im leveling my NPC B) im skilling up a lower weapon *which since im using a lv 32 axe at lv 75 seems apparent* or C) all of the above. But no...im apparently trying to get a pty with pure acc gear and a lv 32 axe..with my NPC out..

I hear NPC's at level 75 use a weapon skill that can one shot Fafnir. It's no wonder people would think you want to level with your NPC in the party!
 Fenrir.Alijah
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-03-07 21:11:06
Link | Citer | R

I use a Yigit Gomlek on bard, and I've had people ask me where my Sha'ir Manteel is. I'm like, unless you're offering me the 5m to upgrade, stfu.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Alijah said:
I use a Yigit Gomlek on bard, and I've had people ask me where my Sha'ir Manteel is. I'm like, unless you're offering me the 5m to upgrade, stfu.

Examples like that is just the reason I hate these people in this game. The difference is minimal, if it's even noticeable without parsing. Why do people get so uptight about it? It's just sad. Really sad. I think too many people are chewing toffees with their *** when they play.
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-03-07 21:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Alijah said:

Examples like that is just the reason I hate these people in this game. The difference is minimal, if it's even noticeable without parsing. Why do people get so uptight about it? It's just sad. Really sad. I think too many people are chewing toffees with their *** when they play.

What makes me maddest is, my bard is a nice bard! Not trying to stroke my own ego but I have some nice marduk stuff, omega ring, oracles pigaches, and yet, none of it matters if I use lolgomlek. >.>

But yeah, I agree. It's so frustrating to see people get so rude over a game. I dare anybody to walk up to a member of the opposite sex in a bar and tell them you're a level 75 bard with a sha'ir manteel, or a Samurai with a Hagun. Let's see how far it gets you.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Alijah said:
I dare anybody to walk up to a member of the opposite sex in a bar and tell them you're a level 75 bard with a sha'ir manteel, or a Samurai with a Hagun. Let's see how far it gets you.

What will you give me if I do?

Remember, your Bard can't give +2 to every song except ballad without Gjallarhorn!
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 21:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Alijah said:

But yeah, I agree. It's so frustrating to see people get so rude over a game. I dare anybody to walk up to a member of the opposite sex in a bar and tell them you're a level 75 bard with a sha'ir manteel, or a Samurai with a Hagun. Let's see how far it gets you.

^
 Asura.Volition
Serveur: Asura
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-03-07 21:28:55
Link | Citer | R

The bigger problem is if you let it bug you. If someone complains about my gear, I just tell them to go *** themselves and move on.
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-03-07 21:30:08
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Alijah said:
I dare anybody to walk up to a member of the opposite sex in a bar and tell them you're a level 75 bard with a sha'ir manteel, or a Samurai with a Hagun. Let's see how far it gets you.

What will you give me if I do?

Remember, your Bard can't give +2 to every song except ballad without Gjallarhorn!

I like to dat mod all my horns to look like a Gjallar, and then I go cry myself to bed at night.

(jk, I dont dat mod the horns, too much work! Crying thing though...)
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 21:31:31
Link | Citer | R

/comfort Alijah its ok...i do the same about not having Ace's helm or Homam hands and feet. you are not alone
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:32:37
Link | Citer | R

If your Bard is more or less pimpin' in every regards, then that's the only time Gjallarhorn is worth it. 100+ mil for +2 to ballad is really not worth it, no matter how much I use Bard. Could spend that gil on making five other jobs perform exceptionally well!

So don't cry! /comfort.

I .dat swapped Warlock's Chapeau with Duelist's because it looked better and I could pretend I had one... But now I do! Yay! So I changed it back. The Warlock's still looks hideous though.

That'd be a good come back.

"Where's your Manteel?"
"Huh? I have it on..."
"No you don't. You have Gomlek!"
"It's a Manteel on my screen, your FFXI must be broke"
"QQQQQQ"
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-07 21:35:37
Link | Citer | R

My friend got kicked from a meripo once for not having dual sniper rings+1s.... He was THF/NIN if that even makes a difference lolz
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-07 21:36:03
Link | Citer | R

I had a pld gripe at me once over not having an E bow (I use Selene's, but at the time I didn't yet have Selene's and was using a War Bow +1.) It wasn't for an xp party, we were going to help one of the pld's friends kill a NM for a quest. The funny thing was, after one Sidewinder, the pld could not get hate back, even after I stopped using my bow and started Kreigsbeil and Francy to hit so he could get hate back. But since we were helping him out and there was only four of us, he didn't kick me or anything silly like that.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Liela said:
I had a pld gripe at me once over not having an E bow (I use Selene's, but at the time I didn't yet have Selene's and was using a War Bow +1.) It wasn't for an xp party, we were going to help one of the pld's friends kill a NM for a quest. The funny thing was, after one Sidewinder, the pld could not get hate back, even after I stopped using my bow and started Kreigsbeil and Francy to hit so he could get hate back. But since we were helping him out and there was only four of us, he didn't kick me or anything silly like that.

You know Liela, Vali's Bow is... is... Hmm... Not sure I wanna go there...

/em backs away quietly.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 21:37:31
Link | Citer | R

i was kicked from a pty once on nin for having a woodsman ring. My other ring was a sniper...and had some damn good eva gear in other slots and str/dex for ws with emnity earrings macrod in for ws and vokes...yes b/c of 1 ring i was kicked. That player is now on my blist and shall remain for a while.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
i was kicked from a pty once on nin for having a woodsman ring. My other ring was a sniper...and had some damn good eva gear in other slots and str/dex for ws with emnity earrings macrod in for ws and vokes...yes b/c of 1 ring i was kicked. That player is now on my blist and shall remain for a while.

The HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE part begins where the player kicked you for using minus evasion. Who really gives a ***about that in exp parties? xD
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 21:40:00
Link | Citer | R

apparently this e-tard that over nukes.... oh yea didnt mention that...he was a blm that nuke constantly until his MP ran out, rested, repeat. And somehow i still managed to keep hate hmmm
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-07 21:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Vali's bow is awesome, Wooooodum, everyone knows that. Vali's bow is from a NM, everyone knows that as well. Go see my other post about this. Selene's Bow is fine for me for now. I do not have the time to waste on the NM that refuses to drop anything for years right now. I have school, work, homework, a family, two nights of dynamis, two nights of static assaults. Sorry, Vali's is going to have to wait.
First Page 2 3