Bahamut.Atrithk
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-03-08 03:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Raikan said:

Um... *Facepalm*
Did you tell them it's your first job 50+? If you're gonna DD it up to 75 you made a fine choice, ignore the haters and do your thing. Expecting you to have your sub-skills up to snuff for exp when you don't even have a 70+ job yet is rather stupid really.

Only party whose leader had a problem with my using GKT.
However, one or two parties told me to use Polearm anyway, because it was "close enough," though the damage potential seems...meh, until Penta Thrust. I tanked in my last party and got over 40 evasion skill levels through the entire thing.
Pretty cash, actually.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2009-03-08 03:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Atrithk said:
Raikan said:

Um... *Facepalm*
Did you tell them it's your first job 50+? If you're gonna DD it up to 75 you made a fine choice, ignore the haters and do your thing. Expecting you to have your sub-skills up to snuff for exp when you don't even have a 70+ job yet is rather stupid really.

Only party whose leader had a problem with my using GKT.
However, one or two parties told me to use Polearm anyway, because it was "close enough," though the damage potential seems...meh, until Penta Thrust. I tanked in my last party and got over 40 evasion skill levels through the entire thing.
Pretty cash, actually.

I thought the same thing, and I am still not sure. I skilled polearm on my WAR just to mess around in bird pts. I always laugh at the HUGE skill difference, but a few people told me that in a Mad/min pt polearm will win over GA. Once that pts shows up I will parse it, but I will not believe it until I see it.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-03-08 03:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Well, Colibri ARE weak to piercing, which seems to cover the damage drop from GKT at these levels pretty well; they're a bit faster, generate less TP, though.
my main gripe about using polearm is that my skill was so low that I would havbe major problems missing; that happened to me earlier, when I was in Garbage Shitadel, and was only ~10 below the cap for my level.
 Shiva.Evilthorn
Serveur: Shiva
user: Evilthorn
By Shiva.Evilthorn 2009-03-08 04:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Bladerah said:
If you dont have a relic weapon fully upgraded u will not be getting into any party of mine.

75 BLM for extra irony!

So where's your relic?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-03-08 04:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Polearm on SAM on birds with penta thrust is awsome, I can see why a lot of party leaders will want that over GKT, but shouldn't kick someone for not having it lvled just check they have it before you invite them.

Penta Thrust -> meditate -> Penta Thrust, go /war and throw on hasso and berserk and was pulling off 500-800 at 57sync compared to the 80-240 GKT WS's I tried out, plus crits for ~20 more on polearm. Before Penta Thrust though polearm doesn't reach its full potential when used with other jobs besides DRG.

The great thing is once you get Penta Thrust and a Hauby those polearm skills will roll in in no time at all, been managing to keep mine capped so far through the bird parties.

Personally, I've never been in a party where someone was kicked becuase of their gear, and if you get kicked from an xp party for not having a endgame/500k+ piece of equipment then the leader needs to consider sticking to lvling with ppl they knows has the gears they want to lvl with imo >.>
 Fenrir.Shindo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-03-08 04:30:51
Link | Citer | R

It's never happened to me, although I'm told on FFXIAH that I need to use 2 sets of gear for SAM. Maybe it's because I'd rather go solo campaign instead of meriting, but you know I've completed my relic armor, sea, apoc nigh, nyzul 100, etc with just the one set of gear. I also have to believe it has something to do with my server. People on Fenrir are nice.

I never got complaints when I was leveling SCH either, although I don't know if you could call the gear I was using gimp. The only time someone ever got mad at me then was this one Taru NIN who despite the combined efforts of a SCH and a RDM and then a SCH and a WHM continued to die. Who's really at fault in that situation, hmm?
 Fairy.Conchita
Serveur: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-03-08 07:02:47
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Liela said:
Vali's bow is awesome, Wooooodum, everyone knows that. Vali's bow is from a NM, everyone knows that as well. Go see my other post about this. Selene's Bow is fine for me for now. I do not have the time to waste on the NM that refuses to drop anything for years right now. I have school, work, homework, a family, two nights of dynamis, two nights of static assaults. Sorry, Vali's is going to have to wait.

I know, I was just teasing :(

I'd help you get it were you on Garuda. Nobody camps it at all; whenever somebody I know has gone to camp it they've had zero competition. Hurrah for being the smallest server!

^ This. When I camped my Vali's bow I would just put myself there, get a good nights sleep and whenever I woke up there was not a single person killing PH's. So say it started at like 2am and I was sleeping and once I had the time to check, it was pretty much "due" to pop (besides the 1 time that fker was force pop!). Took me like 6 kills to get my bow - I'd camp it again if I had to, was one of the most relaxing camps :D Should check it out sometime.

I only get critized from my LS for using Shadow Clogs on RDM instead of Mahatma (1 less MND and 1 less ENM-, but Magic Acc+2 and no MH-1) and Cobra Unit Cloche... obviously using that to stack up Conserve MP with Seveneyes etc. Looks silly, but gets really old hearing about it after half a year.
 Hades.Feix
Serveur: Hades
user: DartX
By Hades.Feix 2009-03-08 08:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Shindo said:
It's never happened to me, although I'm told on FFXIAH that I need to use 2 sets of gear for SAM. Maybe it's because I'd rather go solo campaign instead of meriting, but you know I've completed my relic armor, sea, apoc nigh, nyzul 100, etc with just the one set of gear. I also have to believe it has something to do with my server. People on Fenrir are nice.

I never got complaints when I was leveling SCH either, although I don't know if you could call the gear I was using gimp. The only time someone ever got mad at me then was this one Taru NIN who despite the combined efforts of a SCH and a RDM and then a SCH and a WHM continued to die. Who's really at fault in that situation, hmm?

you should 2 sets for sam at the Least...TP set and WS set. i have tp,ws,/dnc,/rng (also use for odin even tho i /thf) sets and working on my "Oh ***" set :o just need some gil...
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-08 12:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Only times anyone ever commented on my gear; I was running past Sagheera in port jeuno and got a /tell saying i should have a musical earring. I asked them if they would like to buy me 75 abc's and help finish up cop.
And secondly before Lv69 i used a scorpion harness on war in a couple exp pt so i didn't have to buy a hauby and a hauberk. I remember somebody saying i should have just been wearing a paper bag, meh.
 Kujata.Bladerah
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Bladerah 2009-03-08 12:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Evilthorn said:
Artemicion said:
Bladerah said:
If you dont have a relic weapon fully upgraded u will not be getting into any party of mine.

75 BLM for extra irony!

So where's your relic?

It's over there ----->
 Fenrir.Shindo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-03-08 12:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Feix said:
you should 2 sets for sam at the Least...TP set and WS set. i have tp,ws,/dnc,/rng (also use for odin even tho i /thf) sets and working on my "Oh ***" set :o just need some gil...

By the time I finish leveling COR I'm just not gonna have the space. Unless SE wants to add another safe and locker expansion or something. Besides, I only got 6 macro slots.