PLD Brew How?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD brew how?
PLD brew how?
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-16 09:03:34
Link | Citer | R

No decent group needed a Pld for those mobs before Abyssea, no one needs a Pld for those mobs now. Job is unnecessary at this stage in the game.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Banton
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shabba
By Gilgamesh.Banton 2011-02-16 09:06:19
Link | Citer | R

ok post a link with a vidz with a MNK tanking Nidhogg^^
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 09:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Banton said:
At 75
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-16 09:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Even at 75 it was possible, it was player mentality of the job that Pld was 'neeeded' for certain NMs when it wasn't at all. The main allure of Pld back in the day was a slightly self efficient tank that was harder to one shot, the better your support and DDs are the less useful Paladin becomes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 09:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Cerelyn said:
Problem is people arnt doing ***outside Abyssea nowdays. Maybe WARs to unlock more WS for blue trigger.
That should change soon. Pretty sure SE mentioned they weren't making more abyssea expansions
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 09:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said:
Why do I need to? Just because you're incapable of doing it doesn't mean it can't be done. I've seen a War and Sam tank Nid at 90 and completely destroy it, old content is easy for people who don't suck.
Oh nos at 15 lvls higher with much better gear and support!?! Yeah that proves so much. ***my rng can tank bunnies in east ronafure like a boss!!!
[+]
By Shabba 2011-02-16 09:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Gilgamesh.Banton said:
At 75

That. u said at 75 too. prouvs where?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-16 09:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Like I said before, either help the OP or don't post. He didn't ask for your opinion on how dead of a job PLD may or may not be.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2011-02-16 09:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Loneshadow said:
Sanguine Blade! 1 of the best brew WS cause of the capped MAB.
This.

Also, if you are going to brew ***, you might as well try to proc blue/red (if needed) while you are at it.

Not for long, like at most 6 weaponskills.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 09:12:30
Link | Citer | R

question's been answered, thread's been derailed
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 09:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said:
Asura.Loneshadow said:
This.

Also, if you are going to brew ***, you might as well try to proc blue/red (if needed) while you are at it.

what i usually do on whm is ws until i get a read with discernment, switch to that weapon and pop brew, cycle through them. not sure if it'd be easier or harder on pld.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 09:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said:
Asura.Loneshadow said:
This.

Pretty sure catclysm would be better if only cause better atmas to use with it well and better weapon choices too (martial/pluto). Though can't find the exact ftps or ws mod amounts on wiki...

Also MAB isn't capping it's just really high. +900 from brew to be exact
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2011-02-16 09:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Herculean Slash would also be an option, though likely not as good as Cataclysm.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2011-02-16 09:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Kingnobody said:
Asura.Loneshadow said:
This.

Pretty sure catclysm would be better if only cause better atmas to use with it well and better weapon choices too (martial/pluto). Though can't find the exact ftps or ws mod amounts on wiki...

Also MAB isn't capping it's just really high. +900 from brew to be exact
Catclysm would be better, but they are both just as good as spamming.

Plus, you have to think about some weaponskills that a PLD can use against dark-resist mobs (like Rani)
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-02-16 09:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Anyone ever try spirits within? I wonder how that would do with the HP boost.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2011-02-16 09:34:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said:
Most Spirits Within would do is 4999 damage.

Thats with 300% TP (6 ticks on Regain)

Not really all that impressive when you can do 15k Sanguine Blade at 100% TP
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-02-16 09:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Most Spirits Within would do is 4999 damage.

Thats with 300% TP (6 ticks on Regain)

Not really all that impressive when you can do 15k Sanguine Blade at 100% TP
Ah alright. Always kinda wondered.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2011-02-16 09:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said:

It'd be lackluster - even with 9999 HP, at 100% it'd be 1/8, 200% 3/16, and 300% 15/32 of your HP. You'd likely be better off spamming physical WS.

Quote:
Plus, you have to think about some weaponskills that a PLD can use against dark-resist mobs (like Rani)

Herculean Slash is ice based, so that'd work in that instance. PLD would also have access to Aoelian Edge with the right subjob.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-02-16 10:49:00
Link | Citer | R

In my static we have a paladin and he has brewed Shinryu a few times. He uses Herculean Slash and this does about 13k per weapon skill with no mab atmas. Takes about four weapon skills to kill him.
 Sylph.Rebo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-02-16 11:04:02
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Banton said:
MNK outside abyssea has no value compared to inside abyssea...
i take little example... go tank your Adama/aspid faf/nid and lolBehe/KB with your MNK and tell me if PLD is dead KTHXBYE

EDIT: FOR GET YOU A BLACK BELT !!!!

My IQ is dropping just reading this. Tanking adam/aspid faf/nid and behemoth on Mnk is not only possible but quite easy espically at 90. KB for instance obviously not, but even then you don't need a pld... Saying Mnk has no value, you must have aby burned your mnk. As for the OP you can brew on pld w/ many weaponskills, some greater than others obviously, but if you know what you are doing and use your brew timer wisely you won't have a problem.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
user: Jamesfk
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2011-02-16 11:09:40
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said:
No decent group needed a Pld for those mobs before Abyssea, no one needs a Pld for those mobs now. Job is unnecessary at this stage in the game.
No decent group needs mnk either and it terms of usefulness PLD is more use full then mnk inside abyssea for triggers. Not damage/tanking since like I said, mnk is not needed anymore then nin war etc etc etc.

And Spccdog get some new material or at least spend half the time you spend here trolling for anything pld related on ingame goals, you might actually get good at the game instead of bandwagon w/e job BG tells you to play this week. FYI mnk sucks level war.

Now for the OP, brewing is one thing, using ele WS, and PLD is one of the jobs that has access to some of the most ELE ws in game, the actual best WS for pld brew depends on mob/player skill level of weapon/atmas available and is very verisitle if said pld has all available to choose from.
Basically if lacking WS/ATMA etc, stack as much MAB as possible and hope for best, if the pld has access to everything then customize to to mob weakness.
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-02-16 14:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Isn't a brew how a witch in Spanish?
 Caitsith.Rebourne
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2011-02-16 14:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tawhoya said:
Isn't a brew how a witch in Spanish?
Witch in Spanish is Bruja (brew-ha)
 Odin.Skeero
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-02-16 14:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Spcc is a *** and is annoying, but he speaks the truth. Pld is garbage. Sure play it if you like it, but if your think your arent leaching by being pld, you're wrong. Mnk is a great tank outside of abyssea. With impetus can still do 3k victory smites outside of abyssea. Dont see a pld doing that. And yes war is good but lacks defensive capability outside of abyssea. Since whm/rdm wont have unlimited mp. Pld was my first job to 75 and i still love the job, but it just is worthless.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Skeero
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-02-16 14:59:43
Link | Citer | R

was responding to all the other tards, but yes pld can brew fine.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
user: Jamesfk
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2011-02-16 15:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Skeero said:
Spcc is a *** and is annoying, but he speaks the truth. Pld is garbage. Sure play it if you like it, but if your think your arent leaching by being pld, you're wrong. Mnk is a great tank outside of abyssea. With impetus can still do 3k victory smites outside of abyssea. Dont see a pld doing that. And yes war is good but lacks defensive capability outside of abyssea. Since whm/rdm wont have unlimited mp. Pld was my first job to 75 and i still love the job, but it just is worthless.
And MNK is not a leech how? everything in this game is about as you put it "leech". PLD isnt garbage the shitty attitude of most players that copy paste there entire game from forums is. MNK cant do ***w/o the heal support , you want to pull the leech card then pld absolutely flat out destroys mnk and jobs like dnc or rdm are the true king.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 15:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Kingnobody said:
Asura.Loneshadow said:
This. Also, if you are going to brew ***, you might as well try to proc blue/red (if needed) while you are at it. Not for long, like at most 6 weaponskills.
Pretty sure catclysm would be better if only cause better atmas to use with it well and better weapon choices too (martial/pluto). Though can't find the exact ftps or ws mod amounts on wiki... Also MAB isn't capping it's just really high. +900 from brew to be exact
Catclysm would be better, but they are both just as good as spamming. Plus, you have to think about some weaponskills that a PLD can use against dark-resist mobs (like Rani)
Sanguine blade is dark based too
 Caitsith.Lyall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-16 15:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:
Odin.Skeero said:
And MNK is not a leech how? everything in this game is about as you put it "leech". PLD isnt garbage the shitty attitude of most players that copy paste there entire game from forums is. MNK cant do ***w/o the heal support , you want to pull the leech card then pld absolutely flat out destroys mnk and jobs like dnc or rdm are the true king.

Um...what?

If you're speaking strictly solo, wow, holy ***, a job that can heal itself outperforms one that can't. That isn't to say that PLD/??? WOULD outperform a MNK/??? solo, just saying that you haven't proven anything by providing the unlikely scenario of "w/o heal support."

My WAR can change clear demilune abyssite to colorful in six seconds, can your paladin do that?

Talking about solo capability in an unrealistic situation is moot, like my above example. Paladin doesn't flat-out destroy anything in this game, and never really has. I like the job too, it is always the second job I take to level cap after a raise, but pretending it has no flaws is just as bad as the people saying it has all of them.

Don't be as blind as the people you're arguing with; they have points. Closing your ears to yell NUH UH IN MY WORLD PALADIN RAWKS!!!!!!!1111ONEoneuno just makes you look dumb.

Anyway. So as to not entirely derail, magical ws > physical for the most part while brewing on Paladin, etc etc what everyone else has said.
[+]