Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22353 22354 22355 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-25 00:51:22
Link | Citer | R

First full day. Gonna take me a hot minute to get used to the mandatory 10 hours. I've worked harder jobs and longer hours before, but I'd been out of work quite a while, and before that I'd only been in 40 hours or less type weeks as the bottom line for a few years.

My feet are killin' me, heh. Then I had to raid right after in XIV, because we just finished the raid tier finally like 4 weeks ago, so we still gotta get weapons for folks... and we didn't win. Now we probably won't get to raid before next reset. Oof.

My fiancee really went all out relieving my stress. I wish she'd let me do the same for her. I think she had a pretty long day too.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-01-25 01:32:47
Link | Citer | R

I really need someone to relieve my stress from work.

At brothel i guess.

When i get dat discount…
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 08:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Ugh. The amount of people watching shitty content

"everyone says this is terrible, I'm gonna find out why!"

Is going to lead to the collapse of all video media lol. All garbage all the time being spite watched in and endless misery spiral.

Algorithms do not understand spite watching and/or irony. Any engagement is engagement. And the C-Suite don't give a ***. They'll green light it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-01-25 09:01:58
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering but do you work with something related to cinema/movies?

Or is just a hobby to you?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 10:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Just watch entirely too much

(*)Actually much less compared to your average human, but more than I consider the amount I should consume.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-25 10:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just watch entirely too much

(*)Actually not that much compared to your average human, but more than I consider the amount I should consume.
I wonder what the actual statistics are for media consumption, especially when you see low-scale interviews/surveys that ask people like "How many hours per week do you watch a streaming service? Less than 1 hour per week, 1 hour per week, 2 hours per week, 3 hours per week, 4 or more hours per week"

Reminds me of the drastic change in scale made by the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction where they went from recommending "no more than 2 drinks per day" to suddenly "no more than 2 drinks per week". Everyone's kinda stunned at the drastic shift, but I also don't think anyone's going to change their habits. If you're already a light drinker you'll stay a light drinker. If you were already consuming 1-3 drinks per day, that's probably not going to change either.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 10:54:26
Link | Citer | R

The average American has 7-10 hours of screen time per day.

Tv time is down because internet time is up. It's all screen time though.

(Too much work is staring at a computer 8 hours a day)

If they tracked phone time it would literally be like 20 hours lol. Can't even sleep so hard glued to the phone.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-25 11:04:24
Link | Citer | R

The average American has 7-10 hours of screen time per day.

Tv time is down because internet time is up. It's all screen time though.

(Too much work is staring at a computer 8 hours a day)
I stare at my computer for 8 hours a day at work, then stare at the same computer for another ~6 hours a day between work hours and sleep hours lol

Not something I'm proud of, but... that's life, I guess.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 11:08:58
Link | Citer | R

That is life indeed.

And if you can't or start to feel some kind of way about staring at the box for 14 hours a day, you're depressed or have adhd or whichever other/new mental disease used to make you more miserable.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-25 11:13:08
Link | Citer | R

best thing I've done in 10 years was about 6 months ago when my phone died....and I didn't replace it until this January. Lived off a landline and my computer with the simple purpose of reducing said screen time and addiction to the "thumbs up".

As a result, my current phone is quite pleasantly just a phone again, with a few perks- but no streaming apps, no social media. It was extremely embarrassing to realize how much time I was spending glued to that THING.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 11:15:26
Link | Citer | R

I just saw there's a new trend (starting) where the new generation shun smart phones and are going back to flip phones.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-25 11:20:38
Link | Citer | R

I just saw there's a new trend (starting) where the new generation shun smart phones and are going back to flip phones.
I was about to bring that up. Even I myself know of a few folks doing that.

But I think of myself as being pretty good about not doom scrolling on my phone forever. I don't have any social media on it at all. So I use it mostly for photos, checking the forecast (because that's super necessary here), and if I'm bored/waiting maybe reading published news or watching the odd YouTube video.

Even as far as the phone itself goes, I've had this one for about 4 years and just replaced its battery, so I hope to use it for another 3-4 years before replacing it. And telecomms here are the most expensive on the planet even if you just go with a call/SMS plan, so the cost of data is almost negligible (relatively speaking).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 11:25:07
Link | Citer | R

That's why Ryan Reynolds got into Mint Mobile

There's Ting too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-25 11:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of that beautiful man, I've had an idea in my head for a few weeks that I sincerely hope just happens, and I don't want a damn thing for the idea-

There's a metric *** of shitty reboots in the past decade, to the point where one starts to even wonder if there are new ideas getting green-lit any more, or just comic book movies and reboots. So, let's embrace it, but do it well: A faithful reboot of a childhood classic, rebooted for children, not modernized for the adults who watched said show in their own childhood: Mr. Reynold's Neighborhood, complete with the cardigans and kindness we got the chance to grow up with.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-25 11:32:53
Link | Citer | R

There's Ting too.
Sadly, those aren't available in Canada. We're stuck with our national oligopoly.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 11:36:26
Link | Citer | R

You realize how crucified he would get.

A little too fluid and queerifying kids with that kindness grooming ***.

(Mr Rodgers got a LOT of ***too, but now, it would be relentless)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-25 11:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Mr. Reynold's Neighborhood
Reminds me of a joke I made forever ago:

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-25 11:43:09
Link | Citer | R

You realize how crucified he would get.

A little too fluid and queerifying kids with that kindness grooming ***.

Everyone gets crucified these days by one half or the other. That's just reality any more, and you'll never please all the people all the time. So might as well attempt to do good, be strong in one's convictions, and ride the inevitable hate wave coming from one side while riding the support of the other.

(I'm also very biased towards Mr. Rodgers because he was a major donor to the Conservatory I attended for undergrad in Pittsburgh, and attended all of our Orchestra concerts. Talk about a shock- being a freshman on stage warming up for my 1st performance as principal bassoon for Stravinsky's Firebird, surrounded by grad students...and then I see the comforting face and a slight smile from Mr. Rodgers....^^)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 12:20:36
Link | Citer | R

If you got an hour to waste Cody did houses today (I enjoy codys showdy but at 2x lol)
YouTube Video Placeholder

No surprise its all things you should already know. But if you don't here's your chance to learn some basic obviousness.
By Thunderjet 2023-01-25 13:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 14:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Well Gross. Wandas character is back for s02e05

Pure filler, 100% skippable
By Thunderjet 2023-01-25 14:29:19
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-01-25 14:59:08
Link | Citer | R

If you got an hour to waste Cody did houses today (I enjoy codys showdy but at 2x lol)

No surprise its all things you should already know. But if you don't here's your chance to learn some basic obviousness.
I don't have an hour but the single biggest reason is rental backed securities issued by large financial organizations in order to buy up houses, apartment buildings, and condos to rent them out.

Do you remember mortgage backed securities? ...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 15:13:44
Link | Citer | R

You can just say capitalism, thats the whole answer.

Houses are for profit commodities. If there are enough houses, then houses have no value. This simply is not allowed to happen.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-01-25 15:35:40
Link | Citer | R

It seems like Musk has hit upon a way to save mass bucks.

Twitter Sued for Not Paying Rent on Its Headquarters
Company's London landlords are also suing

It isn't a good way though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 16:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Looks like another L for square. Forspoken ain't so great.
By Draylo 2023-01-25 17:15:34
Link | Citer | R

I was looking at it but then decided not to with all the controversy, it seemed really short for the price tag.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-25 17:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Brand new and it's not even in the top 20 categories on twitch
By Viciouss 2023-01-25 18:43:49
Link | Citer | R

the demo was terrible, wait for a massive price drop. Or pass altogether, plenty of games coming out in the next few months.
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-01-25 18:53:21
Link | Citer | R

The demo annoyed me because there was very clearly something good at the core of it - the combo system is interesting, the world is beautiful, and performance (on PS5 anyway) was pretty solid. That's not nothin!

But... the combo system takes forever to actually get all the pieces for for it to actually be fluid and fun, the UI is... rough (and the status screen with the fisheye effect is Just Plain Bad), and the world, while beautiful, is EMPTY.

Like, if I'm going to play an action RPG in a dying world with a snarky accessory, I'm just going to play through Nier: Automata again

Looks like another L for square. Forspoken ain't so great.

SE's accuracy makes 2005 DRKs snicker and point. Their hits are incredible, but that batting average ain't so hot
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22353 22354 22355 ... 22553 22554 22555