Accidental dynamis ninjalot
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-03-05 13:50:43
Link | Citer | R

So the person that is lotting all of the dynamis currency mistakenly ninjalot a piece of relic gear. What should happen?

Keep in mind it was a mistake and said person does not have or plan to level the particular job to 75.
 Ramuh.Seyton
Serveur: Ramuh
user: seyton
By Ramuh.Seyton 2009-03-05 13:52:22
Link | Citer | R

Did the item drop to them?
 Ramuh.Psalms
By Ramuh.Psalms 2009-03-05 13:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Nothing u can do after the fact :(
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-05 13:53:26
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

That's up to your linkshell but personally I think they should either be forgiven or just deny them AF on their next run if you all consider it to be a real offense.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 13:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
That's up to your linkshell but personally I think they should either be forgiven or just deny them AF on their next run if you all consider it to be a real offense.

That luckily hasn't happened in my LS yet, If it did happen though i wouldn't allow them to lot for 2 runs..Basically putting them on probation ^^
 Bahamut.Rienea
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2009-03-05 14:00:56
Link | Citer | R

There's people who don't use windower to lot stuff?

Would have thought they'd be lotting the currency as soon as it dropped, in that case, they should have plenty of time to pass the mistakenly lotted AF.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-05 14:03:21

It's possible that within the final seconds of auto drop they may have had lag or overshot their lot onto the AF item bestowing it upon themselves by accident. In this case it truly would be an "accidental" ninja lot. And really if they truly have no intention of leveling the job it is then it was a mistake or a very well covered act of spite to deny someone in particular their AF.

Either way they should just not be allowed to lot on any AF for 1-2 runs or so. A minor probation so to speak.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-03-05 14:15:19
Link | Citer | R

with the drop rate of dynamis items no, people actually care about an accident? Some nice friends there I see. Let me guess: the person who was supposed to get the item was either: a) a leader or b) a friend of a leader or c) the person who accidentally got the item is a rival/hated by a leader or friend of a leader?

Those two scenarios always unfold. It was an accident, get over it lol ... unless they said something like "I GONNA NINJA YOU ITEM!", which it doesn't sound like they did. People need to grow up and get over it.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-03-05 14:20:13
Link | Citer | R

break thier pearl!

nah, we wouldnt do that in my linkshell. but then I dont think we'd put them on probation, either. We'd probably just call him a dumbass, and then mpk him when he's charmed at Jailer of Justice or something.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Still good to give them a warning or so, To at least pay better attention. I don't even pass relic anymore to reduce the chances of this happening..It's far too risky to get hit by the lag attack and get something falling in your inventory you didn't even mean to lot lol.
 Diabolos.Daddyx
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2009-03-05 14:26:09
Link | Citer | R

I personally lot currency on some independent Dynamis runs with friends, where all armor is basically free lot if you can wear it. The best practice for your currency lotter to get into is to pass on AFv2 as it drops, the second it drops. (unless they intend to /random the piece) Sounds like an honest mistake to me, especially if they don't have the job leveled nor intend to level said job. If it were my group we'd just say "Oh well" and proceed, but different people see things different ways.
 Odin.Aramina
Serveur: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-05 14:31:11
Link | Citer | R

That sucks, but if it really was an accident, impose some sort of /slapwrist on them and drive on.

Unless it was happening in the closing seconds of the run, I can't see why there wouldn't be time to do something about it, though.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:32:26
Link | Citer | R

Yeah honestly, It wouldn't be that big of a deal to me or anyone else in my LS but we'd still give the person a talking to + a probation. It happens though =/
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-03-05 14:32:56
Link | Citer | R

I would probably say ***happens as its a genuine mistake and move on, we are humans after all.

Life >>> FFXI.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 14:37:30
Link | Citer | R

Dirtyfinger said:
Life >>> FFXI.

lie. :P
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Yarp.
 Cerberus.Sifridus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-03-05 14:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Here's how I see it. I'm assuming your group has been doing runs together for quite some time and have had plenty of opportunities for accidents like this to happen. Honest mistakes shouldn't be punished by anything more extreme than being made fun of for a while. Or MPK him sometime and /point /laugh :P
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:47:11
Link | Citer | R

I've only had it happen once but i asked the person in /tell once i noticed it and they immediately passed.
 Bahamut.Danagon
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-03-05 14:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Dirtyfinger said:
I would probably say ***happens as its a genuine mistake and move on, we are humans after all.

Life >>> FFXI.

this be whata i'd do if it really was a mistake
 Kujata.Bladerah
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Bladerah 2009-03-05 15:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Kick him from the linkshell and see if reporting him to a GM will do anything. Then do multiple shouts in WG about what he took and how horrible of a person he is for doing so. Then, find out where he lives, and have his house burned down...
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 15:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Bladerah said:
Kick him from the linkshell and see if report him to a GM will do anything. Then do multiple shouts in WG about what he took and how horrible of a person he is for doing so. Then, find out where he lives, and have his house burned down...

:O Damn!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 15:09:54
Link | Citer | R

HOW DARE YOU D:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-03-05 15:11:39
Link | Citer | R

lol thanks for the comments all.

the cross burning comments made me smile LOL
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-05 15:21:47

It's pretty easy to screw up and accidently lot something in Dynamis. Every now and then I'll get really awful lag spikes (7 year old PC + Cox ISP = fail) and in the flurry of lag and trying to do my job and occasionally check on drops it'll make me lot a coin to which I will of course pass.

My point being it's easy to make mistakes, especially in dynamis. So no reason to be too harsh on anyone unless it was blatantly intentional, at which point everyone could probably tell to begin with.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 15:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Cox ISP

I'm so sorry...

A friend that lives in AZ has nothing but problems with them, and my brother has been kicked out of his online college, mid test, a few times now, and they also use Cox. They have VoIP too, so you can't even call when the ***breaks. Het gets quite frustrated...

I have Charter, which is just as bad IMHO. God, I can't wait til they go under and Time Warner comes in here...
 Diabolos.Sovereign
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-03-05 15:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Sifridus said:
Honest mistakes shouldn't be punished by anything more extreme than being made fun of for a while. Or MPK him sometime and /point /laugh :P

yup, i'm a large advocate of mpk'ing your own LS members when they do stupid ***. It's effective, and very amusing for everyone still alive lol
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 16:51:53
Link | Citer | R

lawl
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-03-05 18:48:02
Link | Citer | R

wow, some of you must be horrible linkshell leaders. i'm sure you cant have been serious when you say that you'll ban them from lotting and such.. the persons been kind enough to take the time out from doing whatever to hold the ls coins and accidently mislots and you wanna ban him from lotting and such? nice. if you didnt want the mistake to happen, you should do it yourself.

edit:ps: its not really ninjalotting is it? >.> i had always thought that was lotting to steal from someone at the last minute.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-05 19:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Ultrarichard said:
wow, some of you must be horrible linkshell leaders. i'm sure you cant have been serious when you say that you'll ban them from lotting and such.. the persons been kind enough to take the time out from doing whatever to hold the ls coins and accidently mislots and you wanna ban him from lotting and such? nice. if you didnt want the mistake to happen, you should do it yourself.

This was sort of what I was thinking, just this post was more blunt.

Seems to me that taking away his lotting rights for a couple of runs just isn't really fair. He doesn't have to lot your coins, and in doing so, he's doing the rest of your sackholders a favour. It gives them one less thing to worry about during runs. As a Dynamis leader myself, I can almost certainly say how helpful it is that I have one of my sackholders lotting coins. It gives me more oppurtunity to focus on pulling, calling, or whatever I'm doing that run.

I won't make any comments about the intentions behind the so-called ninja lot, but if it is accidental as your manner implies, I don't see the need to take any action. I know if one of my sacks accidentally lot a drop because currency was spamming through the pool, I wouldn't be too harsh on them. Mistakes happen after all and they are foremost performing myself and my shell a favour.

The real question is whether you actually trust your sack or believe your own mind that the ninja lot was unintentional, at least from my point of view. I might be dramatising the whole situation, but posting on public forums implies, at least to me, you're not sure if there were motives or intentions behind the ninja lot. As I said, though, I might be looking at this too much.

The sack is only in this situation in the first place because he's performing a favour for your shell. Standard pearls can't be in this position because they're not lotting currency for you. This is certainly one thing to remember when making a fair decision.

Because if a pearl ninja lotted, they'd be kicked right away, no?

I look at it this way. I've had the same sackholder lotting coins now for the past year and a half nearly. He's never once lotted somebody else's drop. He's passed the occasional coin by mistake but that's about it. It'd be pretty blatent to me that any ninja lotting was entirely unintentional. The fact he is my brother helps, as does the fact I can punch him in the face if he does ninja lot; but the hard work he has put into always ensuring the treasure pool is lotted should not be so quickly forgotten due to one innocent mistake.

Edit: I just noticed you never actually said if you're the leader or not. If you are, then my post still applies. If not, do you think it was intentional or not?
First Page 2