Forum » FFXI » General » Accidental dynamis ninjalot
Accidental dynamis ninjalot
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-05 19:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Sounds to me as tho the AF was in the pool for some time, or he either A: made to pass on it and lotted, never saw the lot because of chat log spam, and never corrected, or B: he made to pass, lotted by mistake, and the timer ran out and dropped to him before he could pass. In either case, bummer to the person who lost it, and bummer to him because now hes in the lime light and has an inventory slot taken up by a piece he'll never use and has to drop.

In my experience, ninja lotters won't tell you that it was mistake unless they know you'll believe them. Be they a long time friend or long time LS member, ninja lotters are usually newer people to the shell who show up for a few runs, accumulate some points, ninja lot the piece they want, then duece out anyway.

Since this person is a sack holder, you (or your leader, if your not) obviously has trust in this said individual, and said individual has earned that trust. This may be a blow to that trust, but thats the repercussions of mistakes. If he is a legit ninja lotter, he's built up enough trust to get in tight with the LS leader (you or otherwise), and I may not agree with it, but congrats to him for successfully manipulating your (or LS leader's) fragile wittle heart.

Proper course of action from my perspective, he continues to lot currency, as Wooooodum put it, he is doing you a service, but cannot lot AF for the next run, and wait it out. If he ninja lots again (and especially if its the same job's AF), you can safely assume hes a career thief and rightfully verbally bash his name in these forums as other people have done in the past. If he doesn't, then your no worse for wear, and can continue as previously done.

I do agree with Wooooodum on the account that I don't believe that you believe he is guilty of purposefully ninja lotting, because you failed to supply name, AF lotted, shell, or server, which is usually what people do to make a warning of a ninja lotter known.
 Fairy.Basilo
Serveur: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-03-05 19:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Pjohn said:
So the person that is lotting all of the dynamis currency mistakenly ninjalot a piece of relic gear. What should happen?

Keep in mind it was a mistake and said person does not have or plan to level the particular job to 75.

Most of your posts have been very rational and agreeable such as the ninja lot askar where you offered to help the victim for free. Im sure youll work out whats best for the shell and fairest for the "victim" and "culprit". I am curious as to what the af piece was as half the af is pretty crap but mightve been sought after for the full set for storage reasons or w/e else. But then again should the punishment be any less because its not a duelist chapeau?...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-05 19:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Basilo said:
should the punishment be any less because its not a duelist chapeau?...

Definitely.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-03-05 19:59:09
Link | Citer | R

@ Wooooodum if you care to research you can find my position in shell.

I don't care to share anymore detail then what i origanly posted.
sorry all but thanks for the input.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-05 20:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Pjohn said:
@ Wooooodum if you care to research you can find my position in shell.

Or you could save me the time and tell me. It would take me a few minutes to find that out. It would take you all but two seconds to type it out. I'm not going to research, though, because it makes no difference to me. Was just curious as it potentially alters the way in which the situation should or shouldn't be handled.

Pjohn said:
I don't care to share anymore detail then what i origanly posted.

Then may I politely asked why you posted in the first place?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-05 20:15:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I think this thread is being over thought and over analyzed. We all gave our responses in suggestion as to what actions should be taken against whomever accidently lotted on AF. In the end it all comes down to those with authority within the Dynamis LS, and I'm sure appropriate action will be taken (if any at all), and I feel we should leave it at that.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-05 20:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Then may I politely asked why you posted in the first place?

An answer we're all anxiously awaiting...
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-03-05 20:20:45
Link | Citer | R

I posted to get feed back on a situation that happend in game for input from from my fellow gammers. i got lots of good input and some sarcasit remarks that made me smile.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-05 20:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Does that mean this thread is done? We haven't had four pages of *** in-fighting tho...
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-07 01:38:03
Link | Citer | R

1. ***happens
2. The person lotting probably paid for the run, and will be paying for future runs. Acceptable loss as opposed to alienating your mealticket.
3. ***happened. You said yourself it was an accident. Move on.
 Bahamut.Delsol
user: Delsol
By Bahamut.Delsol 2009-03-07 02:03:18
Link | Citer | R

i was there for the incident, personally i think it was an honest mistake, im going with the ment to pass and accident lotted without realizing it theory, theres so much lag sometimes it happens
 Kujata.Bladerah
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Bladerah 2009-03-07 02:30:35
Link | Citer | R

I still go with what i said earlier.... o.o
 Fenrir.Omnitank
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-07 06:46:39
Link | Citer | R

KILL~~!!
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-14 15:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Something similar happened in my shell, my shell is based on a point system, so, all I did, is gave the item to the person who deserved it, for free next time we were in that zone. Instead of charging them the 6 points they agreed to pay. That makes the person who it got ninja'd from happy. Also, if you do run a point system, I'd deduct the point value from the person bidding the currency. That's about it. Mistakes happen, especially if someone is lotting currency it can get hectic on bids.
 Valefor.Redenius
Serveur: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-03-14 17:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Yea well everyone says it was a mistake blah blah blah. All you thf's out there think of this...this was TH4 and you just got fked out of it. Oh well it was a mistake right? I'm sure your opinion just changed.
 Diabolos.Ghondi
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghondi
By Diabolos.Ghondi 2009-03-14 17:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Bladerah said:
Kick him from the linkshell and see if reporting him to a GM will do anything. Then do multiple shouts in WG about what he took and how horrible of a person he is for doing so. Then, find out where he lives, and have his house burned down...

Just wondering what Piece was it? And calling a GM wont help ive had things stolen from me like some1 ninja lotting my v belt i went 1/1 on GM says they cant do anything about items in the treasure pool. I asked the GM straight out so if i wanted to i could go around steal things from people and nija lot everything in people treasure pools and you cant do anything? His reply was yes you can But people might not like you anymore lol.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-14 17:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Artemicion said:
Cox ISP

I'm so sorry...

A friend that lives in AZ has nothing but problems with them, and my brother has been kicked out of his online college, mid test, a few times now, and they also use Cox. They have VoIP too, so you can't even call when the ***breaks. Het gets quite frustrated...

I have Charter, which is just as bad IMHO. God, I can't wait til they go under and Time Warner comes in here...

omg... I spent an entire minute convinced that Cox was not the actual name of the ISP provider.
 Asura.Reublucian
Serveur: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-14 21:56:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

how do people accidentally lot AF pieces? Do they accidentally not pass? When I lot something I didn't mean to, I pass it right away..I keep hearing the same thing over and over again. ):<
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-14 22:07:24
Link | Citer | R

LMAO at ur avatar xD

Ghondi