First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-23 19:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kungg said:
Ah yes that damn Zelus Tiara.. I need to get that for my War didn't know it would of been a better option over AF3 +2 I'll have to test it out once I get it.. I would Kill for a Loki's xD

it's not, that's not to say it's bad but given the choice of +2 or tiara, go with +2.
 Titan.Sonoske
Serveur: Titan
user: Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 19:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Well +2 Head would prolly win if the 'Dual weild cap' is really 45% lets u get out of AF1/+1 body aslong as you have Haste+4 feet available. Mines just a way to gear it to being efficient w/o super maining it. Since I have 12 other jobs to keep up with. Since long before abyssea days I always tried to find the best universal pieces possible to use while I work on each job one at a time with their 'this or nothing' type gears. lol

Edit: As far as head pieces for NIN go for TP tho Zelus tiara is prolly 2nd only to +2 Head via the other gear options that much haste opens up.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 19:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Sonoske said:
Well +2 Head would prolly win if the 'Dual weild cap' is really 45% lets u get out of AF1/+1 body aslong as you have Haste+4 feet available. Mines just a way to gear it to being efficient w/o super maining it. Since I have 12 other jobs to keep up with. Since long before abyssea days I always tried to find the best universal pieces possible to use while I work on each job one at a time with their 'this or nothing' type gears. lol

Edit: As far as head pieces for NIN go for TP tho Zelus tiara is prolly 2nd only to +2 Head via the other gear options that much haste opens up.
Having +2 head does not let you open up the body slot... I feel you have a skewed perception of what a Dual wield cap is, and what a delay reduction cap is..
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-23 19:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Sonoske said:

Nin +2 head beats tiara for total delay reduction,
This is assuming
Nin +2 head has;
haste hands 3% or higher
+2 legs
Twilight belt
+2 feet or ballerines
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-23 19:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Dual wield cap is 45% weapon delay reduction
wut?

Seriously I couldn't even get past this sentence, since when?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 19:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Titan.Sonoske said:
Well +2 Head would prolly win if the 'Dual weild cap' is really 45% lets u get out of AF1/+1 body aslong as you have Haste+4 feet available. Mines just a way to gear it to being efficient w/o super maining it. Since I have 12 other jobs to keep up with. Since long before abyssea days I always tried to find the best universal pieces possible to use while I work on each job one at a time with their 'this or nothing' type gears. lol Edit: As far as head pieces for NIN go for TP tho Zelus tiara is prolly 2nd only to +2 Head via the other gear options that much haste opens up.
Having +2 head does not let you open up the body slot... I feel you have a skewed perception of what a Dual wield cap is, and what a delay reduction cap is..

Lol. Well honestly first time I've so much as heard of a Dual wield cap was:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
But I wouldnt put it past SE. As far as for myself I've always sided with Dual Wield > Haste/Stp (If needed to lower to an X-hit build) > ACC/ATK. That being cuz Dual wield obviously affects your overall delay b4 haste gets its turn. Making it a larger reduction.
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Nin +2 head beats tiara for total delay reduction, This is assuming Nin +2 head has; haste hands 3% or higher +2 legs Twilight belt +2 feet or ballerines
This is mostly true too however, With just +2 head/legs/feet/tiercil/twilight you'd clear exactly 25% haste or if you went +2 head/legs/feet/twilight/aurore you'd clear 26% haste. The first setup mentioned though frees your hand slot for +2 hands or any other hands you may prefer even as such just Okotes for a mass ATK slot if your ACC is capped which it should be.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 19:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Sonoske said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Titan.Sonoske said:
Well +2 Head would prolly win if the 'Dual weild cap' is really 45% lets u get out of AF1/+1 body aslong as you have Haste+4 feet available. Mines just a way to gear it to being efficient w/o super maining it. Since I have 12 other jobs to keep up with. Since long before abyssea days I always tried to find the best universal pieces possible to use while I work on each job one at a time with their 'this or nothing' type gears. lol Edit: As far as head pieces for NIN go for TP tho Zelus tiara is prolly 2nd only to +2 Head via the other gear options that much haste opens up.

Diabolos.Mesheef said:
But I wouldnt put it past SE. As far as for myself I've always sided with Dual Wield > Haste/Stp (If needed to lower to an X-hit build) > ACC/ATK. That being cuz Dual wield obviously affects your overall delay b4 haste gets its turn. Making it a larger reduction.
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Nin +2 head beats tiara for total delay reduction, This is assuming Nin +2 head has; haste hands 3% or higher +2 legs Twilight belt +2 feet or ballerines
This is mostly true too however, With just +2 head/legs/feet/tiercil/twilight you'd clear exactly 25% haste or if you went +2 head/legs/feet/twilight/aurore you'd clear 26% haste. The first setup mentioned though frees your hand slot for +2 hands or any other hands you may prefer even as such just Okotes for a mass ATK slot if your ACC is capped which it should be.
I don't mean to be rude but... I don't feel you know enough about the job/mechanics to be giving this advice. You should never TP in o. kotes, and should always shoot for 26%
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-23 19:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Rather sketchy logic here. Haste and DW are multiplicative, ie delay = basedelay * (1-DW%) * (1-haste%). In equal quantities haste and DW will have an equal impact on your TP phase damage, but haste would increase your WS frequency by a greater amount since it's not affecting your TP/hit. Of course, in unbuffed situations your DW value will be greater than your haste value so it's plausible that adding more DW might be better overall (ie has to be calculated on a slot-by-slot basis), but once you're even getting haste spell that shouldn't really be an issue.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-23 19:52:56
Link | Citer | R

256/1024

It's 26% in visible gear and the exact decimal you lack will vary based on your gear choices, call it 26% or call it 256/1024 but nitpicking as 25.4% etc is just ridiculous.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-23 19:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Sonoske said:
That being cuz Dual wield obviously affects your overall delay b4 haste gets its turn. Making it a larger reduction.

not true.

Haste is almost always > DW.
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-23 19:56:07
Link | Citer | R

I forget the math and such, and don't really care to redo it, but back when I was a noob NIN doing the calculations for the 5% DW on Koga Hakama vs the 5% Haste on Byakko's Haidate, the DW generally always came out on top if you're solo.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-23 19:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
256/1024
The 4 and 6 are equals of each other and stuff... blame it on derpology.
256/1024=1/4=25%, so no matter whether you make your decimal 4 or 6 it's still wrong and needlessly nitpicking.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-23 19:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Enternius said:
I forget the math and such, and don't really care to redo it, but back when I was a noob NIN doing the calculations for the 5% DW on Koga Hakama vs the 5% Haste on Byakko's Haidate, the DW generally always came out on top if you're solo.

Did you account for WS frequency or just DoT?

5% DW will contribute more DoT than 5% Haste when solo but less WS frequency which is significant especially if /dnc (since WS frequency is proportional to TP gain).
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 20:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Titan.Sonoske said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Titan.Sonoske said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
I don't mean to be rude but... I don't feel you know enough about the job/mechanics to be giving this advice. You should never TP in o. kotes, and should always shoot for 26%

No worries, and I'd agree 99% of the time for shooting for 26% haste. Though sometimes ppls person preferences can out weight that fracton of a haste from cap for personal use. The 25% idea is a way to give those ppl tired of dusk/dusk+1 or aurore another option for their hands slot w/o going straight to leapord skin gloves. I listed +2 hands first cuz theyre the obvious choice if ur gonna settle for 25% to free your hand slot since it adds to your +2 Set bonus. Okotes was just an example as a 'possible' hands choice since unlike at 75 you have alot more haste gear to make different builds. Not saying you 'should' use them its just an 'option' to be used for 20ATK for TP DoT vs one of the haste options given no +2 hands.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-23 20:00:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

Did you account for WS frequency or just DoT?

5% DW will contribute more DoT than 5% Haste when solo but less WS frequency which is significant especially if /dnc (since WS frequency is proportional to TP gain).
I was only looking at the base delay reduction. I was trying to justify using Koga Hakama for solo for the added 40 HP and +10 EVA, but considering I used /DNC a lot of the time, I didn't bother with the DW.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 20:03:16
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Sonoske said:

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

Dual weild and haste are both affecting your delay in the same phase of the equation, Dual weild is not > haste.

Whichever you have a greater amount of is normally the one you will want to buff more since they both give increasing returns.

But usually haste is better since it does not affect your tp return.

I dont know what made you think dual weild affected your delay equation more than haste.

Edit: Other people said it first and better ; ;
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-23 20:03:31
Link | Citer | R

i'm so confused
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-23 20:09:15
Link | Citer | R

This was for LV75.

Haste gear: Walahra Turban / Dusk Gloves+1 or Koga Tekko / Swift Belt / Fuma Sune-ate
Dual Wield gear: Suppanomimi / Ninja Chainmail
Store TP gear: Rajas Ring / Brutal Earring

Current delay: 211.1
Current TP per hit: 4.7 (22)

After adding Byakko's Haidate:

Current delay: 198.9
Current TP per hit: 4.7 (22)

After subbing in Koga Hakama

Current delay: 193.5
Current TP per hit: 4.6 (22)

tl;dr In my admittedly average gear at the time, Koga Hakama would reduce my delay by 5ish without hurting my TP gain.

For what it's worth, going up to Speed Belt and Tiercel Necklace, Koga Hakama still win, when solo.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-23 20:11:43
Link | Citer | R

~2.7% melee DPS vs ~2.2% WS frequency so yeah, Koga does slightly win if you're not using the accuracy... though I should probably take the dDEX into account too, in non-Abyssean areas... muh.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-23 20:13:49
Link | Citer | R

But wouldn't the TP loss be a non-issue if you still get 100 TP in the same amount of hits? Granted, you would be thrown off by actually physically being hit, and I'm too lazy to calculate all the possible outcomes of Jin's misses and hits, but a .1 TP difference only gives you 2 more TP every WS round, meaning you'll just be at 103 instead of 101.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-23 20:16:45
Link | Citer | R

1hander stuff is chaotic due to fluctuating number of hits, largely varying multihit returns etc etc. It's often better just to compare tp/hit rather than x hits for this reason, though neither approach is perfect.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 20:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Ya im assuming the (22) next to his TP per hit in all the situations is saying 22 hits to 100 tp, so no WS frequency change in that situation anyway.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-23 20:20:16
Link | Citer | R

More or less sTP gear might skew it a bit more, not sure if I missed anything and it's not relevant to all that many people now at LV90, but this stuff still matters to me and my friends since we're going to be capping ourselves at 75, so old rules still apply.
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 20:20:21
Link | Citer | R

The equation may say otherwise but as Enternius showed, or if you go play with an FFXI calculator if you play with the same amount of haste/dual wield in the same slots the dual wield always takes the delay down a couple. However even in those cases like at 75 I took my byakkos over Afv2 legs cuz of the TP lowering effect. When saying I gear for Dual Wield > Haste/Stp (Upon needed) First thing I look at is ALL the dual wield I can stack outside of haste slots so I dont find myself hurting even more to make up for any TP/hit lost for faster 100TP gain. And other than Iga earring I use most of it but I couldnt justify 1% dual wield for putting me down to 5% DA in gear. As far as haste slots go I try to stick with the highest haste with most benefitial stats. And yes as a NIN I personally side with 25% over exact cap cuz of being tired of dusk gloves and I refuse to go from all black to black with pink or leapord skin hands for a small fraction.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-23 20:21:27
Link | Citer | R

The last % of Haste is very very meh anyway.
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 20:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, in most cases it shaves off maybe 1-2 delay for that final fraction which isnt enough for me to overly sweat it aslong as I'm reaching the 25% shown in gear that makes the biggest diff. and is always aimed for when possible.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7