Link | Citer | R

your rajas is correct but your brutal is on the wrong ear :(
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-03-01 13:02:57
Link | Citer | R

I'd also just stick with Suppa earring for Blade Hi if you're not going for Centaraus earring. Typically you'll get in another attack round after your WS before you're spellcast (or self) changes back to TP gear, meaning that attack round will not have the suppa DW bonus if you swap to drone (which is a minimal increase in damage).
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-01 19:26:21
Link | Citer | R

is this under the assumption that dw does or doesn't affect ws tp? because i saw in another thread people were advocating suppa saying it doesn't affect ws tp, but it's only a .2 tp difference so maybe it doesn't matter.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 08:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Just from the logical POV, I don't think that DW has any impact on WS tp, since there is no DW "active" during WS, they are instant, as is the additional hit for phys. WS. However, since I have no proof for this, it's still possible that DW, indeed, has an impact on the TP-return even during WS.
BUT.
That shouldn't be of any importance since Ninjas usually have DA/TA/QA (if using T.-Knife lol <,<), along with the fact that they are dual wielding, which all are factors that pretty much make any x-hit calculations useless. Due to the fact that you can miss a few hits and also over-TP very often.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-18 08:18:31
Link | Citer | R

DW effectively lowers the delay of your weapons, so it is very likely it effects your WS TP return. The effect would be so small as to be barely noticeable though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-18 09:16:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Just from the logical POV, I don't think that DW has any impact on WS tp, since there is no DW "active" during WS, they are instant, as is the additional hit for phys. WS. However, since I have no proof for this, it's still possible that DW, indeed, has an impact on the TP-return even during WS.
BUT.
That shouldn't be of any importance since Ninjas usually have DA/TA/QA (if using T.-Knife lol <,<), along with the fact that they are dual wielding, which all are factors that pretty much make any x-hit calculations useless. Due to the fact that you can miss a few hits and also over-TP very often.
The logical POV would be that you now have an offhand hit on WS and thus DW is clearly doing something. It does affect your TP return. If you're playing perfectly then it'll hurt you ever so slightly but otherwise (ie for the reasons it was suggested) it's certainly not the worst idea.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 09:33:19
Link | Citer | R

Well, obviously, everyone has a different logic, so for me the logic here was that since the ws, as well as the extra hit, are instant there would be no DW affecting either of them (because DW affects the delay and therefor also the tp-gain and if no DW -> no effect on TP).
But that's just me and my assumptions and it won't be helping anyone since DW jobs and their tp-calculations are useless for the most part.
Also, I don't understand your last sentence, night, at all. :3 Might be due to the fact that I'm no native speaker anyway.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-18 10:06:06
Link | Citer | R

it does affect ws tp. but in another thread the justification for wsing in suppa was because it didn't, which is wrong.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-03-21 10:48:13
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't implying one should WS in brutal/suppa because it "didn't effect WS TP", I honestly don't know if it does. I was merely stating that if you're swapping out suppa for a 3 or 4 AGI earring, you might as well just stick with suppa (because you're likely to get another attack round off after your WS before you or your spellcast script swaps you back into your TP gear). Blade Hi is a very short animation WS.

Finally got my Maats cap though(hardest *** part of the quest is walking to all of the god damned BCs), so my Blade Hi set is done until the next update.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-21 12:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Well, obviously, everyone has a different logic, so for me the logic here was that since the ws, as well as the extra hit, are instant there would be no DW affecting either of them (because DW affects the delay and therefor also the tp-gain and if no DW -> no effect on TP).
But that's just me and my assumptions and it won't be helping anyone since DW jobs and their tp-calculations are useless for the most part.
Also, I don't understand your last sentence, night, at all. :3 Might be due to the fact that I'm no native speaker anyway.
TP return is calculated based on whatever you happen to be wearing at the time the round occurs.

If you're reliably swapping back to TP gear before the next melee round occurs then Suppa is probably detrimental, albeit very marginally so. On the other hand, if you're getting in a melee hit or two in WS gear due to high haste buffs or simply being slow to swap back then the improvement to your melee damage may outweigh the minor loss in TP.

TP calculations for DW jobs aren't useless, they're just harder to evaluate precisely as compared to 2hander jobs. You have to evaluate it in terms of average rounds/WS rather than being able to eyeball the advantage as an x-hit.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 12:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Isn't there a 2 second "lockout" on melee rounds when you WS similar to a JA regardless of animation length? Animation length is misleading because if you perform a long animation WS such as Dancing Edge, mobs can die midanimation from non-WS hits and you just get a flood of hits afterwards, suggesting you are hitting as soon as that 2s is up.

Basically saying unless you have wait >2s after WS, you should never melee in your WS gear?

@Kollosis: I'd use Atheling over Iga Douche for a TP backpiece and

Quote:
PS: Rajas on the left onry.

WRONG
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-21 12:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kollosis said:
My current Gear sets for NIN:

TP:

PS: Rajas on the left onry.

TP set looks fine, but you're capping dual wield without the Suppa (If memory serves correctly), Might wanna swap it over for something else.
Also Rajas is Right ring onry!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-21 12:37:10
Link | Citer | R

There is no cap on DW, only total delay reduction. Also, if I was to swap a piece of DW gear out it would be the body, not Suppa - much better gains in that slot.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-03-21 12:39:23
Link | Citer | R

"Capping dual wield"?

I don't see him wasting any attack speed in that build without double marches (and even then it's marginal) and the first piece he would drop would be body.. not suppa.

I seriously don't understand how people STILL don't understand delay reduction.

edit: Nightfrye beat me!
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-21 12:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
There is no cap on DW, only total delay reduction.

Meh, I was told 45% -.-
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-23 17:39:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
TP return is calculated based on whatever you happen to be wearing at the time the round occurs.

If you're reliably swapping back to TP gear before the next melee round occurs then Suppa is probably detrimental, albeit very marginally so. On the other hand, if you're getting in a melee hit or two in WS gear due to high haste buffs or simply being slow to swap back then the improvement to your melee damage may outweigh the minor loss in TP.

TP calculations for DW jobs aren't useless, they're just harder to evaluate precisely as compared to 2hander jobs. You have to evaluate it in terms of average rounds/WS rather than being able to eyeball the advantage as an x-hit.
My point was regarding the fact that everything between you hitting the ws button and the end of the ws stuff (including off-hand-hit) is instant and no gear should have an impact on it. Yet, it's probably right that DW has an impact on that phase, which I couldn't tell however.
I don't think even spellcast could have an impact on that either, just regarding WSing in suppa or not.

Anyway, I still think that calculations for DW jobs are rather stupid since there are way too many factors to consider the more swings/rounds you need to get to 100%. It's certainly not impossible to do the math but it's most likely very inaccurate due to the factor of "luck" or call it probability and will most likely never make anyone happy with his/her builds.

Only my opinion though, I find it really useless considering that you have DA/TA and even QA nowadays, along with regain, STP and set effects.
 Titan.Sonoske
Serveur: Titan
user: Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 18:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Looking at the suggestions posted and from my understanding after ur first 2 pieces of AFv3+2 the set bonus adds 3% DW for each piece. If thats true wouldnt TP set up be the best TP option of course can trade out the kannagi for w/e mainhand you'd be using.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 18:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Its not 3% per piece, its actually no DW at all. It adds a certain amount of double attack to your offhand(If I understand correctly).
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 18:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Yea, I'm not completely sure either. But from what I've seen and been told the full set bonus would be Dual weild+15% and 10% TP gain bonus or something around there. And if it is Dual weild+15% would come down to 3% per piece. With bare minimum to reach "Set" standards being 2 for 6%. However I could be wrong too just going off what personally seen/been told.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 18:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Its not dual wield though. It is a double attack on the offhand. The only dual wield you get from the Iga set is from the head.
 Valefor.Kungg
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-03-23 18:39:36
Link | Citer | R

can anyone toss some tips or suggestions for my Nin TP and WS? Unfortunately its pretty under geared D: in the AF3 +1 / +2 aspect and tbh I'm not that worried about being the best Nin ever but I would like to gear it to the best of my ability lol...

TP:

other equips I have for TP is Hope Torque and Ballerines but I don't like they way they look VS the Nin feet <.<;;

WS:

both sets use Koga Tekko at night ofc

Other gear I have for WS is Heafoc Mitts, Anwig Salade with +4 STR +4 AGI WS Acc +15 and +2% WS Dmg, Cavaros Mantle and I have enough Ichor for a Delta earring but I'm not sure if it will help that much over Triumph.. anyway any tips or suggestions are welcome if you want to flame also feel free xD
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 18:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Even if thats the case. That TP set should still manage nicely. You lose out on a fracton of haste from cap to gain even so much as a 3% chance at another ATK each ATK round. Prolly wont be the most consistant over time but its also something you cant really eyeball.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 18:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kungg said:
can anyone toss some tips or suggestions for my Nin TP and WS? Unfortunately its pretty under geared D: in the AF3 +1 / +2 aspect and tbh I'm not that worried about being the best Nin ever but I would like to gear it to the best of my ability lol...

TP:

other equips I have for TP is Hope Torque and Ballerines but I don't like they way they look VS the Nin feet <.<;;

WS:

Other gear I have for WS is Heafoc Mitts, Anwig Salade with +4 STR +4 AGI WS Acc +15 and +2% WS Dmg, Cavaros Mantle and I have enough Ichor for a Delta earring but I'm not sure if it will help that much over Triumph.. anyway any tips or suggestions are welcome if you want to flame also feel free xD

You have a great start, just work on getting some +2's then re-evaluate what you have. What you have right now is more then acceptable. And Epona's ring.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-23 18:47:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kungg said:

TP:

WS:

TP:
Magian katana
If you have suppa use that
Epona's ring
Ballerines while working on nin legs and +2s

WS:
Katana again
att earring
Nin af3 body
Hands are okay, I use +2
Epona's ring
and finish nin +2, just stating again.

For the magian katana i'd personally go for the str path, or the one with DA on it while working towards kannagi.
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-03-23 18:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks as of right now I'm 1/8 for +1 legs and 5/6 on +2 <.<; so while we spam Sobek I hope to get some Nin leg seals from Minax.. 1/10 on Nin body and I think 5/9 on +2 lol who would of thought getting +1 is harder to get then +1... xD

*edit*

TP:

No suppa for me I have... Abyssal Earring T.T.. I was looking to buy a Eponas Ring a few months back and will probably do so within the next few weeks / month.. Ballerines are just the worst but I will take your advise and swap it in for AF3 +1.

WS:

Att earring is 100% better then say a +2 / +3 STR earring? I'll giver a go on Friday.. AF3body is in the works damn seals XD..

thanks for the advise its appreciated^^v

*Ninja edit!*

I'll have been meaning to get a STR DEX or AGI Katana but had no idea which would be best.. all is situational ofc..
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 18:55:06
Link | Citer | R

I have always found that +1's were harder xD The +2's are so versatile, while the +1's are job specific :(
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 19:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kungg said:
can anyone toss some tips or suggestions for my Nin TP and WS? Unfortunately its pretty under geared D: in the AF3 +1 / +2 aspect and tbh I'm not that worried about being the best Nin ever but I would like to gear it to the best of my ability lol... TP: other equips I have for TP is Hope Torque and Ballerines but I don't like they way they look VS the Nin feet <.<;; WS: both sets use Koga Tekko at night ofc Other gear I have for WS is Heafoc Mitts, Anwig Salade with +4 STR +4 AGI WS Acc +15 and +2% WS Dmg, Cavaros Mantle and I have enough Ichor for a Delta earring but I'm not sure if it will help that much over Triumph.. anyway any tips or suggestions are welcome if you want to flame also feel free xD

Mine's not amazing but I prefer it and it seems to remain nice and consistant. And other than the Zelus Tiara its all rather fairly easy to obtain.
TP:

WS:

Jins avg around 1.5k+ depending on mob and its defensives and spikes over 3k at times w/o Triple ATK available.
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-03-23 19:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Ah yes that damn Zelus Tiara.. I need to get that for my War didn't know it would of been a better option over AF3 +2 I'll have to test it out once I get it.. I would Kill for a Loki's xD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7