I'm 100% serious.

*** DLC.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 12:32:29
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if we're going to get an old snow covered base map? BO really didn't have enough of those.

EDIT: They heard me! Berlin Wall is an old snow covered looking base. Holy ***. I like the game but damn, this is lazy design.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-01-25 12:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
More DLC killing gaming.
If rejuvenating a game that I'm already sick of is "killing" it, then what would you consider a benefit?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-01-25 12:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Rayik said:
I wonder if we're going to get an old snow covered base map? BO really didn't have enough of those.

EDIT: They heard me! Berlin Wall is an old snow covered looking base. Holy ***. I like the game but damn, this is lazy design.
So is Discovery.

It's because a lot of the campaign takes place in snowy areas.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Free content? Actually do something for the community instead of 100% profit for once?

Oh wait, Bobby Kotick.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-01-25 12:38:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Free content? Actually do something for the community instead of 100% profit for once?

Oh wait, Bobby Kotick.
There have been about 5 patches now for the game and it's only about two months old. I'd say making the game overall more fun to play, for free, is a pretty good thing to do, considering there are so many games that are stuck with the problems they already had. (Looking at you TF2)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:39:22
Link | Citer | R

5 patches adding what content? Or bug fixes?

DLC should be free, another reason I won't be buying DAII, another game that has DLC right out of the box.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
No problem with DLC but it shouldn't be more than 1$ per map really (Not that 15$ would hurt most people). I guess I can't blame them because millions of people will buy the DLC and they are making a metric ton of profit for just a little work.

People are getting more sick of it. Yearly remakes of CoD with quarterly DLC.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-01-25 12:43:16
Link | Citer | R

im probly not going to get this when it comes out for PS3 because im tired of how stupid this game is

really a sniper rifle round to the chest and you just keep walking towards me?

*** this game
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-01-25 12:43:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
No problem with DLC but it shouldn't be more than 1$ per map really (Not that 15$ would hurt most people). I guess I can't blame them because millions of people will buy the DLC and they are making a metric ton of profit for just a little work.

I only see one person that's sick of it.

For almost everyone else, new content is more fun than old content.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:44:10
Link | Citer | R

DLC can be a good thing when used sparsely. Good example of well implemented DLC: Oblivion.

Good example of badly implemented DLC: Dragon Age II

Good example of what the *** are you doing paying for DLC 4 times a year: CoD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:45:18
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

This forum =/= the entire gaming community

And yes, New content is fun and it's even better when its free or not cut for a game to essentially milk an extra $15 out of customers.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-01-25 12:46:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

And yes, New content is fun and it's even better when its free or not cut for a game to essentially milk an extra $15 out of customers.

well depending on how much DLC u get it could be more

i wouldnt be surprised if they started coming out with DLC monthly just to milk more money out of the players
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 12:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:

So is Discovery.

It's because a lot of the campaign takes place in snowy areas.

That's fine, the Campaign has those and can keep them. It's a separate gametype. Having 5 maps with the exact same decor is frustratingly lazy, especially when the Campaign mode you referred to had so many other types of backdrops to choose from.

Some friends of mine and I were making this joke when we first heard about the DLC maps coming out. I'm not saying the game is bad or anything, it's just makes it much more dull, looking at the same thing over and over, especially when you're paying extra money for this "new" content that looks just like the old. Hell, at least in Abyssea they changed the color of the skyline. BO didn't even do that. A snowy map at night time would've been more interesting, and easy to do.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

i wouldnt be surprised if they started coming out with DLC monthly just to milk more money out of the players

Neither would I. People eat Activision's ***without saying a word.

It'll be a good day for gaming when Bobby Kotick dies.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-01-25 12:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Neither would I. People eat Activision's ***without saying a word.

It'll be a good day for gaming when Bobby Kotick dies.

if they only gave us the single-player campaign and made us buy DLC for the multiplayer i bet people would still do it
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 12:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Castlevania HD does this, but it's not so bad. Each piece of DLC is pretty cheap, equivalent to maybe $1-$5. But, the upside is it's new content right way; new characters, maps, items, music, etc. It's all individual, so you can pick and choose and not break your wallet.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Castlevania HD does this, but it's not so bad. Each piece of DLC is pretty cheap, equivalent to maybe $1-$5. But, the upside is it's new content right way; new characters, maps, items, music, etc. It's all individual, so you can pick and choose and not break your wallet.

An example of good DLC. It gets extra points for being in a single player game too, so you don't need it to keep up.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-01-25 12:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

The only problem I can see here is that you don't understand that Treyarch (And every other video game maker) is a company. They only exist because they want to make money. They don't go around handing out free copies of the game to anyone that says they want to play it, and they don't put in weeks of effort into DLC to give it away for free.

If PS3 has proved anything, it's that you get better services for paying money. That's why PS3's internet sucks and Xbox Live is so much better.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-01-25 12:50:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

well for CoD they'd probably keep it at around $15 just to rake in more money, and there would be lots of people who bought it

and i mean per DLC the same amount of maps they have now
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

The only problem I can see here is that you don't understand that Treyarch (And every other video game maker) is a company. They only exist because they want to make money. They don't go around handing out free copies of the game to anyone that says they want to play it, and they don't put in weeks of effort into DLC to give it away for free.

If PS3 has proved anything, it's that you get better services for paying money. That's why PS3's internet sucks and Xbox Live is so much better.

Then why can companies offer new maps, weapons, game modes and other things for free? Look at L4D and L4D2. CSS too.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-01-25 12:51:51
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

i agree with the fact that Xbox Live is much better

but it makes me laugh when some of the people i know bring up that point

i mean no ***it's better you need to pay for it

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 12:53:57
Link | Citer | R

The quality from a £15 DLC isn't exactly high either. 5 maps aren't exactly a huge deal.

£1 per map I could understand but £15 is stupid.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-01-25 12:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Then why can companies offer new maps, weapons, game modes and other things for free? Look at L4D and L4D2. CSS too.
Because that's Valve. The gaming equivalent of Apple. They get their fans by being nice, not necessarily putting out good products.

Not to say that Half Life 2 or Portal weren't good, but for HL2, you still had to pay for the extra episodes, and for Portal, it was remade for consoles with a few new maps that you had to still pay extra for.

Point still applies. Good content costs money.
First Page 2