Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » NIN TP set/s
NIN TP set/s
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
By Kaerin 2012-02-10 16:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Markas said: »
ZOMG QUICK, LETS DISCUSS USELESS THINGS CAUSE WE'RE TO DUMB TO KNOW WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON WITH THE ISSUES AT HAND AND HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE NEW DISCUSSION AND NEED TO NOT LOOK DUMB!!ONE11!!!

This is all I'm seeing when I recheck the thread, sorry to have brought up a topic so above your heads everyone.
 Shiva.Irika
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Irika
By Shiva.Irika 2012-02-10 21:51:53
Link | Citer | R

Assuming you're reaching the ~444/1024 spell haste cap with those marches + haste, I think gear haste is still relevant (dual wield gear being where you can make sacrifices, assuming I'm doing the math right).

I'd aim for something like this (Toci's set bonus beating out iga+2 head/body + centaurus ear)

Clearly offhanding Kannagi though. (edit: changed koga tekko+2 to nom mittens)
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-11 01:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Don'tcha mean this:

?
 Shiva.Irika
Serveur: Shiva
user: Irika
By Shiva.Irika 2012-02-11 02:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Oh I forgot those hands existed (people prefer to do other fluxes on our server, if they're doing WoE at all).

Fixing that, otherwise no on the other swaps.
By funstealer 2012-02-12 01:36:46
Link | Citer | R

well ive been reading the forums and looking around and decided to get some feed back on my current tp set myself

the katanas are in the other hands lol
the byakkos is stp4 and crit hit damage 4%

i am now working on a str katana after reading alot and i keep missing full moon to request my earring for a suppa

also a few things i wanna know mainly
rancor collar vs iga erimaki
iga ningi+2 vs af body which is really better? all i see is posts about ningi's acc but how do the other stats factor in against the dw 12str 12dex 17attack crit hit rate5% and a few extra % in augment (do people forget that it has these stats too or somthing?lol)
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-02-12 02:47:07
Link | Citer | R

-Rancor Collar(If you are taking damage, just macro it out, no excuse to not use such a good piece.)
-AF2+2 Pants
-Ninja Chainmail(Unless you need the accuracy, this will depend entirely on what you are fighting. Abyssea, Dyna, things like that you will most likely be sticking to Ninja Chainmail. Higher Tier VW I find myself using Ningi +2. The other stats aren't forgotten, its just that the Acc truly is the deciding factor.)
By Aveline 2012-02-12 05:24:56
Link | Citer | R

-clearly af2+2 pants because of the high amount of haste it gives and yonin augment
-af1 body because otherwise you wont cap dual wield
i would aim to cap haste and dual wield especially for tping cause its a great help...
-im using Phasmida Belt because of the eva and acc it gives, of course not everyone has it..
-iga erimaki
-iga zukin+2 MUST HAVE for dual wield +5
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-02-12 06:16:59
Link | Citer | R

funstealer said: »
well ive been reading the forums and looking around and decided to get some feed back on my current tp set myself

the katanas are in the other hands lol
the byakkos is stp4 and crit hit damage 4%

i am now working on a str katana after reading alot and i keep missing full moon to request my earring for a suppa

also a few things i wanna know mainly
rancor collar vs iga erimaki
iga ningi+2 vs af body which is really better? all i see is posts about ningi's acc but how do the other stats factor in against the dw 12str 12dex 17attack crit hit rate5% and a few extra % in augment (do people forget that it has these stats too or somthing?lol)
if you got your suppa and added in af/+1 body you would be increasing your dual wield by 9% so you tell us ^^

i do sport iga+2 body/legs at higher tier VW tho
By Kieron 2012-02-12 09:29:41
Link | Citer | R

Aveline said: »
-clearly af2+2 pants because of the high amount of haste it gives and yonin augment
-af1 body because otherwise you wont cap dual wield
i would aim to cap haste and dual wield especially for tping cause its a great help...
-im using Phasmida Belt because of the eva and acc it gives, of course not everyone has it..
-iga erimaki
-iga zukin+2 MUST HAVE for dual wield +5

Dual wield doesn't have a cap iirc. It only contributes to the overall delay reduction cap. With Iga hakama, he's hitting the gear haste cap (26% due to weird scaling) with 28% gear haste. It's only logical to use byakko's haidate because it contributes to dDex in your favor in a tp build while maintaining the cap. With augments you can get a nice amount of store tp and crit damage + as well. With store tp +4-5 on haidate paired with usukane feet, it should shave off an additional attack round requirement to get 100tp prior to first ws and post ws. Af +1 body if hit rate is sufficient, if not, iga body +2.

Lastly, Iga erimaki is pretty much abyssea only. Use rancor collar. Don't like the DT+? Make PDT- and MDT- sets. Nin can hit -48% pretty easily for PDT.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Toes 2012-02-20 04:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys! I'm finally to the point where i feel i should seek guidance before going to farther with my NIN. I'd like to know ya'lls thoughts/suggestions for my TP set

quick notes. I'll probably never have marches baring PUGs, our lowman mule army doesn't include a fulltime bard. we do mostly abyssea with ventures into dynamis and soon neo-nyzul

My standard TP set:(working on Str katana for outside)

Was thinking of switching to byakko's outside which would put me at 26 *fixed

Oops almost forgot, don't think its all that relevant but the kannagi is 90
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-02-20 04:21:57
Link | Citer | R

How does switching to Byakko's take you to 23 haste when you have 28? >_>
By Toes 2012-02-20 04:27:42
Link | Citer | R

Alright i epic failed that maths. ignore that >_>
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-20 04:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Koga pants +2 if no marches, iga body+2 is generally better outside as well. Shinobi ring if you are able, hp down set to trigger latent.
By Toes 2012-02-20 10:45:10
Link | Citer | R

Okay Drama, I have always thought about koga Hakama +2 but wasn't sure about loosing that haste. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-20 10:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Koga hakama +2 are beast
By TheJewv2 2012-02-24 10:00:45
Link | Citer | R

I just got this TP set last night is there anything I can improve this is mainly for when I'm soloing /dnc on just about w/e I feel like I can kill as nin/dnc lol I made the Tobi to test out Blade Hi was my 1st Emp ws wanted to see how it held up before I took the time to do Bri/Sobek/Apada so far I really like it.
 Odin.Zelphes
Serveur: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2012-02-24 14:40:32
Link | Citer | R

TheJewv2 said: »
I just got this TP set last night is there anything I can improve this is mainly for when I'm soloing /dnc on just about w/e I feel like I can kill as nin/dnc lol I made the Tobi to test out Blade Hi was my 1st Emp ws wanted to see how it held up before I took the time to do Bri/Sobek/Apada so far I really like it.

This
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Koga pants +2 if no marches, iga body+2 is generally better outside as well. Shinobi ring if you are able, hp down set to trigger latent.

For soloing, your ACC should be capped so use Nin Chainmail+1 instead, swap out your neck for Rancor Collar (and cap Rancor hate if you haven't)

Use Shinobi Ring instead of Rajas, and make a HP down set to trigger latent if you're gonna use Koga Hakama.

Make a STR katana for offhand in non-Abyssea environments.
By Domonous 2012-02-27 02:32:35
Link | Citer | R

This is what i use. And the only Cap on Attack Speed is based on the Delay of your weapons. You cannot go faster then 20% of your total delay. That being said... with the 1024 scale it makes the cape of Haste + DW higher then 80%. I recommend trying to put koga Pants +2 somewhere in your tp set and build your haste around them. Do not Sacrifice DW for Haste.

Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-27 03:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Don't use Hasty Pinion. And you're much better off using Rancor or even a Wivre Gorget with +2 Crit. rate if that's an option, at least on higher level content.

And the reason the cap of the "Haste + DW delay reduction is higher than 80%" is because it's (1- Haste)*(1- DW) >= .20. No addition. <.<
[+]
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2012-02-27 04:29:40
Link | Citer | R

I am using these and be happy about it. ^^

Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-27 04:47:55
Link | Citer | R

If you need the Accuracy or Attack, AF3+2 Body would be better. Also, you're 3% over haste cap with that build. Just use AF2+2 legs and AF Body. Switch to Byakko's (augmented) and Usukane Feet if Marches are available to you.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2012-02-27 05:03:07
Link | Citer | R

But if i Use AF2+2 Legs i am Missing 4% haste for cap. Shur i will get 5% DW on legs but still not capped Haste. So whats better? Missing 4% haste and getting DW or not?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-27 05:06:55
Link | Citer | R

I dont know much about NIN TP sets, but I do know that Koga Hakama+2 are +7% DW.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2012-02-27 05:08:26
Link | Citer | R

ok your right. 7%. But is 7% DW better than 4% haste to cap it?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-27 05:11:19
Link | Citer | R

Using Koga Hakama +2 makes your delay 0.23 seconds faster without offsetting your # of hits to 100 TP. It's not much, but it's still better.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-27 05:11:37
Link | Citer | R

I would personally think a "standard" set would be Rancor Collar / Byakko's Haidate / Iga Kyahan +2 / (Iga Ningi +2 or Ninja Chainmail).

You could always do some emo-NIN thing with AF2+2 Legs/Ninja Chainmail and Shinobi Ring, lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10