First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Titan.Wubby
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Xerlic
By Titan.Wubby 2011-01-25 07:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Thud said:
Also, don't forget to take into consideration your x-hit! Not as critical as it is for 2handed jobs, but still worth considering. If wearing Iga back over Atheling for example pushes your x-hit down 1, it's likely worth wearing.
Is this really worth taking into consideration inside Abyssea? With all the double attack/triple attack gear available to NIN plus Apoc, I find it pretty rare to not go over a hit or two. Loleyeballing though.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-25 08:30:30
Link | Citer | R

I find it odd that people say store TP is less effective on jobs like Nin and Thf. The truth is that it takes large amounts of store tp to make an impact on 2hander jobs (to break x-hit builds), while it only takes small amounts to make a difference on 1handers. Going from a 20-hit to a 19-hit to an 18-hit only takes a couple store tp. Almost any amount of store tp you can get on 1hander will be that much of an increase in WS frequency (although you might not notice it while eyeballing). Granted, you shouldn't trade haste or DA/TA for store tp.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-25 10:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Wubby said:
Kujata.Thud said:
Also, don't forget to take into consideration your x-hit! Not as critical as it is for 2handed jobs, but still worth considering. If wearing Iga back over Atheling for example pushes your x-hit down 1, it's likely worth wearing.
Is this really worth taking into consideration inside Abyssea? With all the double attack/triple attack gear available to NIN plus Apoc, I find it pretty rare to not go over a hit or two. Loleyeballing though.
Was never worth considering in such a limited manner to begin with, so no. Considering you can over-TP quite a bit within a single attack round, have variable TP return on WS, and have other factors such as hits taken and Tactical Parry influencing your TP gain there's really no such thing as an x-hit build for NIN. Doesn't mean Store TP is worthless for NIN though.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-01-25 11:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Granted, you shouldn't trade haste or DA/TA for store tp.

Not always true, even for 1 handers moving down a hit would be around >5% ws freq. 0 -> 5% DA is only around a 4.7% Increase, even Haste can lose to -hit outside of high haste situations.
But yeah, if not losing a hit then it's pretty garbage in comparison.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-01-25 19:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Is what I am currently eyeing, I know there are a few pieces that are kinda out of my reach atm but a nice star to shoot for none the less.

It does not reach the true haste cap of 25.etc.% but 25% even is good enough for me.

Also I think STP on nin can be overrated if you are not getting nice round numbers, currently I have Rajas and Brutal in my TP set and I think I need one more swing to get over 100%

The above set gives +8 STP which I think should get me to 100% a little sooner, leaving my other ring slot for some accuracy.

I realize in abyssea it's all about getting a lot of swings in and not so much about accuracy but I feel in or out may as well go for a general TP set you don't have to highly specialize and customize for every possible situation.

That's my 2 cents

edit: If you wanted to shoot for true haste cap you could just trade out the gloves for dusk+1 if you are lucky enough to have them.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [366 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Otsego
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2012-01-27 01:42:01
Link | Citer | R

My current TP set for NIN, it still needs work. Still working on getting Epona's Ring, +2 head and legs.

Edit: this should not have been a necro bump, so those that are gonna say something, sorry.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-27 14:03:14
Link | Citer | R

1% over shot on haste, but as a set to pass by should work for most things as you get better stuff, you are on the right track.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2012-01-27 14:04:19
Link | Citer | R

As far as neck, Rancor Collar would be the better neck to TP in if you can afford the additional damage, ie: evasion/shadow jobs.

I think most of us, in cases where we can't take the extra damage, use our Erimaki. Good luck getting that, though. It's notorious for not dropping.

Also, imo, you should prioritize +2ing your zukin first. 6% Haste with an additional 5% Dual-Wield is amazing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Goldnboy
user: Goldnboy
By Ragnarok.Goldnboy 2012-01-27 22:35:57
Link | Citer | R

My current TP set...

Byakko's Haidate with STP +3 Crit Hit Dmg +2 (still trying to better this )

Sekka +3 is Str/attk one.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-01-27 23:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Whats the deal with Mars's over Raja's? I can't tell when I should use one or the other... Dyna/easy stuff use Raja's, VW use Mars's?
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2012-01-27 23:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
I think most of us, in cases where we can't take the extra damage, use our Erimaki. Good luck getting that, though. It's notorious for not dropping.
Also, imo, you should prioritize +2ing your zukin first. 6% Haste with an additional 5% Dual-Wield is amazing.

Erimaki suprisingly was not all that hard to get, 1/4 on it, no blue proc. For my set, the +2 head is top priority. Once head and legs are done, I will be 1% over haste cap, but there really is not any way around that at this point. After all that, the task of configuring the WS set for Kikoku when I finish it :/.
By Xorn 2012-01-27 23:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Torero Torque ftw.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2012-01-27 23:41:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Otsego said: »
Erimaki suprisingly was not all that hard to get, 1/4 on it, no blue proc. For my set, the +2 head is top priority. Once head and legs are done, I will be 1% over haste cap, but there really is not any way around that at this point. After all that, the task of configuring the WS set for Kikoku when I finish it :/.
I had horrible luck with it. I think I ended up going 1/10 or something stupid. Blue'd it every time with a THF.

This is my TP set:

Missing all 3 pieces for Usu Feet. :C
 Phoenix.Hawkhellfire
By Phoenix.Hawkhellfire 2012-01-27 23:53:03
Link | Citer | R

I use full AF3+2 with Twilight Belt. That's 23% haste but I ALWAYS have haste cast on me by my own whm.

Dual wield V = 35%. Head = 5% Supa = 5% total of 45% Dual Wield

Atheling Mantle, Brutal, and Epona's with Twilight = 13% DA, 3% TA + 10% DA from WAR sub = 23% DA, 3% TA

My offhand katana is occ att 2-4 times + 10% extra swing from full set on off hand.

Out side of marches I don't know if it's possible to swing faster.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2012-01-27 23:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Hawkhellfire said: »
My offhand katana is occ att 2-4 times + 10% extra swing from full set on off hand.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2012-01-28 00:46:13
Link | Citer | R

I use full AF3+2 with Twilight Belt. That's 23% haste but I ALWAYS have haste cast on me by my own whm.
Out side of marches I don't know if it's possible to swing faster.
Only 2 things that stood out to me. Also just glad to see most Ninja using Ninja Chainmail or Ninja Chainmail +1, aside from a couple

Also, there is a way to swing faster. Cap Haste and use AF/AF+1 body.
 Shiva.Bigslank
Serveur: Shiva
user: bigslank
By Shiva.Bigslank 2012-01-28 11:58:29
Link | Citer | R

What I use atm

strength katana
 Phoenix.Hawkhellfire
By Phoenix.Hawkhellfire 2012-01-28 13:30:19
Link | Citer | R

I am pretty sure that the att rate is capped at 80% total.

45% Dual Wield, 24% haste from gear, 15% haste from spell = 84%

Wouldn't adding more Dual Wield just lower the amount of TP gained per swing? And wouldn't adding more haste not do anything due to SE's cap? They might have raised it but I remember something with DRK's Desperate Blows where they hit the 80% cap years ago and that's when it was discovered. I could be wrong, please correct me if I am.
 Asura.Mekaider
Serveur: Asura
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2012-01-28 13:39:42
Link | Citer | R

You mean delay?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-01-28 13:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't adding more Dual Wield just lower the amount of TP gained per swing? And wouldn't adding more haste not do anything due to SE's cap? They might have raised it but I remember something with DRK's Desperate Blows where they hit the 80% cap years ago and that's when it was discovered. I could be wrong, please correct me if I am.
Dual wield is applied separately from haste (multiplicative, not additive). 39% haste and 45% dual wield is 66.45% delay reduction. 80% total delay reduction is the cap. With 50% Dual wield (which you should be using) you need 60% haste to cap reduction.

Think of it this way. Dual wield reduces the actual delay of your weapons before anything else is applied. Haste is then applied onto that already reduced delay.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-01-28 14:06:58
Link | Citer | R

that set actually has 50% DW. 35% from traits, 5% from each of the body, head, and ear.

the total delay is capped at 80% reductions. However, Dual Wield and Haste are not additive in the same step, like DW +Gear haste +Spell haste. you factor in your dual wield first, and get a new delay for each weapon, then add in all the haste from gear/spells.

in his set, he would have a total of 70% delay reduction. to hit cap, he would need Victory March, at which point, if the bard had capped skills, would allow him to drop nin chainmail for Iga/Mextli/Koga+2
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2012-01-28 18:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
if the bard had capped skills, would allow him to drop nin chainmail for Iga/Mextli/Koga+2
Unless they uncapped that as well, you don't need capped skills to cap marches. You only need a combined 600 skill to cap march. 300 singing/300 wind. Or any other ratio, as long as it equals out to 600, iirc. I could be wrong, though. I haven't BRD'd in years.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-01-28 19:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
if the bard had capped skills, would allow him to drop nin chainmail for Iga/Mextli/Koga+2
Unless they uncapped that as well, you don't need capped skills to cap marches. You only need a combined 600 skill to cap march. 300 singing/300 wind. Or any other ratio, as long as it equals out to 600, iirc. I could be wrong, though. I haven't BRD'd in years.

thats correct, not really capped. a combine 600 skill caps march 2 at 12.5%, but i wasnt sure what the cap for brd music skills was
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-01 15:43:28
Link | Citer | R

You should have made an 11% DA offhand.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-01 15:45:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-01 17:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

If you're gonna do it, do it right.
 Asura.Chanceikin
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-02-01 19:42:07
Link | Citer | R

Your text to link here...

^
Don't know how to post item sets correctly, so you might have to click that link up there if it doesn't embed.

Here ya go, this is what I use, sure you could change some stuff, but this has wicked dual wield, decent stp and capped haste.

Koga Tekko +2 allows for Goading Belt, sure peeps will say DA from twilight, but this set has been working awesomely for me and is decently attainable.

Ditto on accs, possibly better out there, but apples and oranges.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10