First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 16:06:04
Link | Citer | R

inb4urNINsux

I have been trying to find sets listed for TP but the newest I could find from November/December, I only see items sets about Jin/Hi. I know not a ton has changed since then but there has/had been new findings on DW and now with the +2 sets I would think it could change things.

Goal?

First off I don't even know how much the set bonus from +2 for DW is. For Ammo I didn't even really know what to put so I stuck that in there, I can't afford the White Tathlum

1. Is it worth using the entire set to TP in sacrificing possible haste gear for HANDS and making up the haste in neck?

2. Or would it be better to use AF1 Chainmail + Dusk Gloves and then using something else in Neck?

3. In either case is suppa going to be marginally better or much a difference over Iga earring?

I have a long way to go still (prioritizing on getting Rajas when not busy with LS) but want to make sure I am aiming in the right direction. I also don't want to buy Tiercel if I would have been better off getting more haste out of another slot (would sure be cheaper) and not worrying about the DW bonus from the +2 set.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-24 16:09:44
Link | Citer | R

ITT: NIN can use Blitz Ring!
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-24 16:10:01
Link | Citer | R

Nin can't wear blitz ring at the very least so that's one thing you don't have to worry about.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 16:11:25
Link | Citer | R

lol sorry.. fixing blitz
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-24 16:11:35
Link | Citer | R

atheling mantle For your back.
heed ring for your other ring. (at least this is what I use, at the moment)
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 16:14:51
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Thank you I appreciate it.

So the DA% from Aetheling beats Iga crit rate for WS and TP?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-24 16:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Would you swap out your brutal earring for one that increases crit hit?

Basically, Jin is only good when double attack kicks in and you crit. Double attack+ is very important to do consistent damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-24 16:16:59
Link | Citer | R

I honestly can't help you much, but I can mention that the bonuses from individual pieces on other AF3 sets are poor. The bonus is great but going 5/5 doesn't beat hitting haste cap, so what you really need to weigh is the difference between Iga Tekko+2 + Tiercel + Blitz, opposed to let's say Ocelot Gloves + whatever you'd feasibly replace those pieces with.

A lot of people mention that stats are practically useless in Abyssea since we've reached much of their caps, so attack/crit rate/subtle blow/double attack/triple attack are the most important. I would argue that Epona's ring trumps Blitz, and because that would throw you under haste cap, I would personally dodge the Tekko, and by default the extra haste of Tiercel for haste gloves (Let's say Ocelot). This gives you 3% DA/3% TA and an open neck slot. You lose "Enhances Futae," 7 DEX, 2 AGI, 8 acc, 8 eva, 5 subtle blow, and the % of Dual Wield that you get from 5/5 opposed to 4/5, on melee. If you prefer to stick with the Tekko though, you could always drop Raja for Epona's.

EDIT: Yeah so I responded to the idea that NIN can use haste ring lol. You're under haste cap, I'd probably go for haste gloves and an Epona's in that event.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 16:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Would you swap out your brutal earring for one that increases crit hit?

I'm new to melee so I don't really know ***about it I'm trying to learn.

I guess from everything I've ever heard no you wouldn't ever swap out brutal but then again I dont think I've seen the discussion because I don't know about any crit earrings
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-24 16:19:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
First off I don't even know how much the set bonus from +2 for DW is.
Increasing amounts of DA or OAT on the offhand (not sure which).

Quote:
3. In either case is suppa going to be marginally better or much a difference over Iga earring?
Significantly better.

Full AF3 is mostly for trying to maximize accuracy. AF body, Dusk/Ocelot Gloves, and Iga Erimaki (or Agasaya's Collar, but inside Abyssea Iga should be the better piece) will be the better setup if you're not in need of accuracy provided you don't have too much haste. If you're receiving marches from a BRD with AF3+2 hands (assuming haste spell as well), you'll want to take off AF body for AF3+2 body or Loki's Kaftan. If you're getting Haste Samba for whatever reason in combination with haste and marches (with or without hands), swap out all your DW gear.

Atheling Mantle is better for TP unless you're struggling for accuracy.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-24 16:21:02
Link | Citer | R

I used to swap back for Cuchulain's mantle and waist for warwolf belt, but now with all the buffs in abyssea (RR/GH/VV) the only thing that really matters are extra hits. I TP and WS in both atheling mantle and Twilight belt now.

Is this optimal? I'm not sure. I haven't bothered crunching the numbers. I see more 2500+ Jins and less 800~ with the extra DA.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-24 16:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Sidegradish on Jin. Iga will win if you're capping attack, otherwise it'll slightly favor Atheling.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 16:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Thanks all this is exactly what I was looking for.

i'll shoot for this ^^
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-24 16:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Also iga mimikazari is worth considering to replace Suppa. However, now that AGI increases Subtle Blow effect, I'm not sure how big of a trade off the AGI+2 vs EVA+5 is.

Nevermind.
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-01-24 16:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Thanks all this is exactly what I was looking for.

i'll shoot for this ^^

Swap hands to HQ dusk and feet to Usu and it'd be perfect.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-24 16:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Also iga mimikazari is worth considering to replace Suppa. However, now that AGI increases Subtle Blow effect, I'm not sure how big of a trade off the AGI+2 vs EVA+5 is.

Doubt it.
Also, has anyone looked into "outside" NIN TP setups?
edit:

High amounts of haste (24%), ACC, and some DEX/crit hit rate would be best for a meat build, imo.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-24 16:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Also iga mimikazari is worth considering to replace Suppa.
No it's not.

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Doubt it.
Also, has anyone looked into "outside" NIN TP setups?

High amounts of haste (24%), ACC, and some DEX/crit hit rate would be best for a meat build, imo.
Except that nobody needs acc outside Abyssea. Agasaya's will more than likely beat Iga, and I'd bet Atheling generally wins as well.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-24 16:38:00
Link | Citer | R

I meant for theorical "tough-outside" mobs (possibly march update etc)
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-24 16:38:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Also iga mimikazari is worth considering to replace Suppa.
No it's not.
Oh ***. I was under the impression it was the same Dual Wield as Suppa. Strike that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-24 16:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Full AF3+2 NIN set gives +25% chance of your off hand doing a double attack, 4/5 gives you 12%, so it is a difference of 10% with one more piece I heard each gives 3% per piece and set is 10% more.
Parse I saw was 10% for full set, got any evidence to substantiate that claim?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-24 17:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Mahbad. Parse I referenced here.

Obviously low sample size is a consideration, once I get my hands and body +2 (soon) I plan on doing some testing to nail down some of the finer mechanics.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 17:04:31
Link | Citer | R

maybe falls under the stupid question thread. I don't think it's something I need to worry about..

Is there such a thing as wasted Store TP or is Store TP always a good thing? (when TPing) If there is such thing when and how do you figure out that you've reached this? I would think it really only if ever came into play when building x-hit builds with 2 handers? idunno

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-24 17:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
maybe falls under the stupid question thread. I don't think it's something I need to worry about..

Is there such a thing as wasted Store TP or is Store TP always a good thing? (when TPing) If there is such thing when and how do you figure out that you've reached this? I would think it really only if ever came into play when building x-hit builds with 2 handers? idunno
If you regularly hit 99%TP during TP phase, you should look at more. If you hit 101%TP then maybe less. This can fluctuate depending on extra hits during WS. Generally, StoreTP is more useful for 2handers /SAM, but not always.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-24 17:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
If it is 10% extra off-hand DA though, that means full set sucks *** and hands in my future HTP set should be changed ><;

I guess Ocelot Gloves and shoot haste over by 1.6%, but nothing else to put there instead 8\
Usu feet! Slightly under cap but it'd still be a tad ahead as long as you're not over-TPing by a significant amount.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Generally speaking, adding Store TP will lower your average rounds/ws value even on a high-DW job. That said, if you're consistently getting in an extra round or two before you WS then that extra WS frequency won't be realized. In this case, it's not helping you at all. Bear in mind how much damage you're dealing via melee hits vs WS damage when making trades for Store TP.

Post deleted by User.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Tempelshine 2011-01-25 06:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Im usin this with Haste on me.

If i dont have haste on me like for solo usin this

Workin on Eponas atm.
 Kujata.Thud
Serveur: Kujata
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2011-01-25 07:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Also, don't forget to take into consideration your x-hit!

Not as critical as it is for 2handed jobs, but still worth considering. If wearing Iga back over Atheling for example pushes your x-hit down 1, it's likely worth wearing.
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10