In Game Pet Peeves.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21
 Cerberus.Liandaru
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-01-29 20:12:41
Link | Citer | R

For some reason, people calling each other by their real names in game bothers me. My cousin called me by my real name once in linkshell chat and it bothered me to no end. I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. No way to change it.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Thandar
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-01-29 20:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Liandaru said:
For some reason, people calling each other by their real names in game bothers me. My cousin called me by my real name once in linkshell chat and it bothered me to no end. I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. No way to change it.

This.
Edit: Nicknames are fine, but like, if someone called me by my real name, it would bother me.

It also bothers me when FFXI friends on my FB call me by my real name, even if they don't play anymore. I don't know, they are always their FFXI name.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-29 20:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
#2ppl standing around watching a (insert job here) solo an nm in abyssea and then raging because the soloer wasted their time. Get it straight. You waste your own time. only you. The soloer isn't making you stay there and watch and they arent keeping you from doing something else. There is a ***ton of things to do in the game and only your stubbornness is keeping you from doing something else. There seems to be an increased amount of complaints against soloers and I don't feel they deserve all this anger focused at them.

The soloer actually waste everyone's time including his own. (no proccing !!, etc.)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-29 20:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Yea, but I'm referring to the soloers who when you offer them help to get things over with faster, they decline.
[+]
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-01-29 20:18:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Thandar said:
Cerberus.Liandaru said:

This.
Edit: Nicknames are fine, but like, if someone called me by my real name, it would bother me.

It also bothers me when FFXI friends on my FB call me by my real name, even if they don't play anymore. I don't know, they are always their FFXI name.

Yeah, it's not really a /rage pet peeve. Just something that nags at me when I see it. I don't know, I think part of me tries to maintain a character in game, and when I hear real names, it sort of takes away from that.
 Fenrir.Thandar
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-01-29 20:20:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Liandaru said:
Fenrir.Thandar said:
Cerberus.Liandaru said:

This.

Yeah, it's not really a /rage pet peeve. Just something that nags at me when I see it. I don't know, I think part of me tries to maintain a character in game, and when I hear real names, it sort of takes away from that.

I never put any thought into why it annoys me, haha, I just dislike it. :p
Serveur: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-01-29 20:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
#2ppl standing around watching a (insert job here) solo an nm in abyssea and then raging because the soloer wasted their time. Get it straight. You waste your own time. only you. The soloer isn't making you stay there and watch and they arent keeping you from doing something else. There is a ***ton of things to do in the game and only your stubbornness is keeping you from doing something else. There seems to be an increased amount of complaints against soloers and I don't feel they deserve all this anger focused at them.

The soloer actually waste everyone's time including his own. (no proccing !!, etc.)

I'm not trying to say he's not wasting his own time. He probably is and would be better off in a group. There are those that also just have to solo stuff and crap. But his is the only time hes wasting. People just find it easier to blame outside sources when things don't go their way.

And im not actually condoning the soloers actions. I just find this current trend of behavior unfair to the soloer.

Edit: quote fail

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-29 20:24:26
Link | Citer | R

I kill Chloris in 2 minutes. If it took me 30 minutes to kill him, yes I would.

And if they had a thf, definitely, regardless of taking me 2 mins to kill it. 2 buds > 1
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-29 20:25:20
Link | Citer | R

hmm one just came up for me

"PLD, SAM, RDM hand seal do you need it?"

1st part of the /sh involves all 3 of my jobs, perhaps a chance to get hands +1?

2nd part of the shout...

"Can I have it? BLM, SCH, MNK, THF, DNC /tell 1/?"

Sorta used to the "I have obselete jobs" thing but it sort of feels like I just got trolled.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-29 20:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

I'm not trying to say he's not wasting his own time. He probably is and would be better off in a group. There are those that also just have to solo stuff and crap. But his is the only time hes wasting. People just find it easier to blame outside sources when things don't go their way.

And im not actually condoning the soloers actions. I just find this current trend of behavior unfair to the soloer.

not true. he can be wasting other people's time.

Let's say I only need 1 NM in that zone and he's soloing that one. I've spent time and built my TEs, so going to another zone to do diff NMs waste time. He's solo'ing the only NM we need and he won't let us help him kill it. That's wasting our time.

If we leave, we lose all the TEs, there's no other NM we need, so it's not like we could be doing something else.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 20:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:

1st part of the /sh involves all 3 of my jobs, perhaps a chance to get hands +1?

2nd part of the shout...

Sorta used to the "I have obselete jobs" thing but it sort of feels like I just got trolled.

Level up better jobs, PLD, SAM and RDM are only there for fun, not srs.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 20:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Thandar said:
Cerberus.Liandaru said:

This.

That pisses me off too, especially when two people do it continuously, it's like a little inside joke.
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-29 20:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it's been mentioned as a peeve yet, but people who only have one type of job leveled is definitely a pet peeve of mine. It makes the people who are more flexible, job-wise, locked in the jobs that aren't being filled. For example, I have BST, WHM, BLU, SCH at 90. I'm locked on WHM 95% of the time since no one else has WHM leveled in my group.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-01-29 20:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Stefanos said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned as a peeve yet, but people who only have one type of job leveled is definitely a pet peeve of mine. It makes the people who are more flexible, job-wise, locked in the jobs that aren't being filled. For example, I have BST, WHM, BLU, SCH at 90. I'm locked on WHM 95% of the time since no one else has WHM leveled in my group.

So you're your own pet peeve?
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-29 20:52:04
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

So you're your own pet peeve?

A healing job (WHM/ SCH if need be) = a melee job (BLU/BST)? I don't quite follow.

Post deleted by User.
Serveur: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-01-29 21:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

Let's say I only need 1 NM in that zone and he's soloing that one. I've spent time and built my TEs, so going to another zone to do diff NMs waste time. He's solo'ing the only NM we need and he won't let us help him kill it. That's wasting our time.

If we leave, we lose all the TEs, there's no other NM we need, so it's not like we could be doing something else.

It is a pity about the TE, but he didn't make you farm them. You chose to. Also, and I'm not quite sure, but I don't think there are very many NMs that require 2hrs+ time to kill. So farming TE for one NM is a waste of time itself. He also isn't keeping you in the zone. So if you sit there and do nothing, well, sucks to be you. You can easily do one of the other million things in this game. You also said 'we' so I assume you are in a group so if you don't have anything else you could always be helping one of the group members. And if they don't have anything to do either, which seems highly unlikely, you could always do something outside of the game. I tend to read or do hw when I'm waiting around for an invite or something.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-29 22:08:58
Link | Citer | R

People who own a grim cuirass yet their gear is *** terrible.
Like some guy, Galka-thingy, full times 4/5 perle and Grim Cuirass.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-29 22:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

It is a pity about the TE, but he didn't make you farm them. You chose to. Also, and I'm not quite sure, but I don't think there are very many NMs that require 2hrs+ time to kill. So farming TE for one NM is a waste of time itself. He also isn't keeping you in the zone. So if you sit there and do nothing, well, sucks to be you. You can easily do one of the other million things in this game. You also said 'we' so I assume you are in a group so if you don't have anything else you could always be helping one of the group members. And if they don't have anything to do either, which seems highly unlikely, you could always do something outside of the game. I tend to read or do hw when I'm waiting around for an invite or something.
not when you plan on killing the Nm a shitload of times. Either way, they're wasting your time, whether you think so or not. or at the least, being very inconsiderate and only thinking of themselves.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-30 02:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

2nd part of the shout...

Level up better jobs, PLD, SAM and RDM are only there for fun, not srs.
Just because they aren't the best right now doesn't mean they will be dead forever. When I leveled PLD everyone wanted it as a tank and that was good times, when I leveled RDM it was the healer of choice, it couldn't heal to the standard of WHM but that didn't matter as it could heal the amount required, enfeeble well and have the capacity to nuke as well. Also when I started leveling SAM it was at a time when people saw it as the best DD.

Now Abyssea has turned that all on it's head, there are jobs i've been interested in leveling, WAR is the big one but right now i'm working on other things, AF3 and trial weapons namely.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-30 02:48:26
Link | Citer | R

lol not really sure where to post this, but *** like the one in this screen shot are definitely peeve worthly

ClarkSammich;4388264 said:
Meanwhile, in abyssea, some idiots claimed Turul during blunt !! time, and start talking in /s.

So I did what any rational person would do, and claimed the ***out of it the second they *** up, and then this happened:
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-01-30 02:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Yeesh, I wonder what server those pics were posted from.
inb4Asura
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-30 02:51:43
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Yeesh, I wonder what server those pics were posted from.
inb4Asura

It was Ramuh I believe.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-30 04:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
lol not really sure where to post this, but *** like the one in this screen shot are definitely peeve worthly

ClarkSammich;4388264 said:
Meanwhile, in abyssea, some idiots claimed Turul during blunt !! time, and start talking in /s.

So I did what any rational person would do, and claimed the ***out of it the second they *** up, and then this happened:

hahaha, awesome

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-30 05:23:01
Link | Citer | R

elaborate

Post deleted by User.