In Game Pet Peeves.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-01-29 12:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:
I hate people who skill up stuff like enhancing, summoning, singing skills etc in crowded areas, you know who they are, the ones skilling outside the MH in WG, now doing it next to Joachim in PJ and those who were skilling up before beseiged started.

I thought I could blist them to stop seeing all that crap, nope it would involve putting on a chat filter which I don't want to do.

I can see what you mean. But if it's just random people then in the filter options it all falls under the 'Others' section. Personally I have all 'Others' filters on (Except the crafting results one). I've never needed to see any actions performed on or by anyone outside my pt or alliance in the last 5 years lol. I don't see the problem turning those 'others' filters on.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-29 12:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
I hate people who skill up stuff like enhancing, summoning, singing skills etc in crowded areas, you know who they are, the ones skilling outside the MH in WG, now doing it next to Joachim in PJ and those who were skilling up before beseiged started. I thought I could blist them to stop seeing all that crap, nope it would involve putting on a chat filter which I don't want to do.

I don't understand why this would piss you off. At least they are trying to get their skills up, unlike some players who just plain don't care if they are under-skilled.

It lags the ***out of some people when they could be standing in an empty area and do it.
Well, can at least speak for the ppl who do it at the MH. Run in of MH, run out of MH, full MP. Don't have to rest, = more skill ups.

No reason to run out to the middle of nowhere and have to rest half the time.

Could at least do it in a less populated city, like a starting city.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-01-29 12:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iamcanadian said:
oh and current pet peeve:
everyone afking in front of the damn npc, it always happens but damn it your MH is just 5 seconds away.
But then you just have that giant clump of like 30 people in the passageway to the moghouse.

My pet peeve lately has been people in pugs that refuse to listen to what procs are, and continue to spam WS/spells that aren't even possible procs despite being told what the exact ws to proc is.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-01-29 12:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
I hate people who skill up stuff like enhancing, summoning, singing skills etc in crowded areas, you know who they are, the ones skilling outside the MH in WG, now doing it next to Joachim in PJ and those who were skilling up before beseiged started. I thought I could blist them to stop seeing all that crap, nope it would involve putting on a chat filter which I don't want to do.
I don't understand why this would piss you off. At least they are trying to get their skills up, unlike some players who just plain don't care if they are under-skilled.
It lags the ***out of some people when they could be standing in an empty area and do it.

Ah, ok, that I can understand would be annoying. I hadn't thought of that.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-29 12:33:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

Well, can at least speak for the ppl who do it at the MH. Run in of MH, run out of MH, full MP. Don't have to rest, = more skill ups.

No reason to run out to the middle of nowhere and have to rest half the time.

It makes sense from the skiller's point of view, but it's not exactly friendly or nice. But then again, this was my first MMO, and when I started my first character, whoever was showing me around had this peeve too, "DON'T CRAFT IN FRONT OF THE *** MOG HOUSE!!!" way back when there were like 150 people in Lower Jeuno all the time. So, I think I inherited that kind of thinking. But, it's not like, driving me away from the game or anything - don't even think about it, really.

They could just zone in and out of Port Sandy, or Upper Jeuno, or go to a Nomad Moogle somewhere and not have to zone at all.

Sorry, poor sentence structure.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Laurenn
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Laurenn
By Lakshmi.Laurenn 2011-01-29 16:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Scholars who act like no matter who they are up against, no matter what they are doing, 100% of the time they will be better at it.

Do i think sch is a good job that has some decent abilities? yes, totally.

Though i have met quite a few who profess to heal better than any whm, nuke harder than any blm, and enfeeble more efficiently than any rdm. You are a good job, don't get me wrong, but when a sch goes toe to toe with any job with equal skill/gear the best you are going to do is match them.

I'll probably get flamed for this by all the schs out there, but oh my god you guys are not gods.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-01-29 16:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Laurenn said:

Though i have met quite a few who profess to heal better than any whm

Heard that alot too, hard to beat Cure6,Cure5,Cure6, with some buffed up Cure4 once in a while and cure3. lolz
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-01-29 16:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

Boo-***-Hoo
[+]
 Bahamut.Rienea
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2011-01-29 16:20:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Laurenn said:
Scholars who act like no matter who they are up against, no matter what they are doing, 100% of the time they will be better at it.

Do i think sch is a good job that has some decent abilities? yes, totally.

Though i have met quite a few who profess to heal better than any whm, nuke harder than any blm, and enfeeble more efficiently than any rdm. You are a good job, don't get me wrong, but when a sch goes toe to toe with any job with equal skill/gear the best you are going to do is match them.

I'll probably get flamed for this by all the schs out there, but oh my god you guys are not gods.

I don't cure better than a WHM, and I certainly don't enfeeble better than a RDM. I do however, nuke harder than most BLMs I have come across, both in Abyssea and out. It's also hard to beat a Helix for DoT, if the SCH is doinitrite.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-01-29 17:13:04
Link | Citer | R

A lot of nuking comes down to Atma. You might have Beyond atma but that BLM didn't. I'd also have a BLM over SCH for proc (obviously), so I just don't understand what role SCH has anymore except for extra support which is unlikely to be needed.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-01-29 17:38:22
Link | Citer | R

I'd have to say my biggest pet peeve would be ignorant people who refuse to listen to others who are clearly more knowledgeable than them.

Like, DRK is my least used job, if some DRK, Gradd, for instance told me "Hey Thandar, I've noticed you don't use this piece of gear that I know you have right here."
I'd listen to him, or at least ask someone else about it.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 17:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

Boo-***-Hoo

Zandra must be one of those people who feels the need to skill up around others hoping they will all watch her and recognize she is putting work into skilling up.

I do it because it's funny. I used to do it above the AH in Lower Jeuno all the time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-01-29 17:58:58
Link | Citer | R

When you see a scholar use Accession, don't run away from him.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-01-29 18:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

Boo-***-Hoo

Zandra must be one of those people who feels the need to skill up around others hoping they will all watch her and recognize she is putting work into skilling up.

Yep that's totally me... you nailed it!

What's the big deal? U mad at ppl skilling up but not the people standing around Joa doing NOTHING?
By Skylark1 2011-01-29 18:22:57
Link | Citer | R

LS Mates who criticize your gear then don't offer to help get you the better gear. Something as small as Headlong Belt > Swift Belt to AF3+1.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-29 18:24:32
Link | Citer | R

Why don't you ask for help then? You expect them to say oh haha u have headlong belt. Kk let's go get you swift? Now if you ask for their help and they refuse that's one thing, but it ain't their responsibility to make you want to get something better.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 18:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Why don't you ask for help then? You expect them to say oh haha u have headlong belt. Kk let's go get you swift? Now if you ask for their help and they refuse that's one thing, but it ain't their responsibility to make you want to get something better.

BUT I'M TIRRRRRRRRRRED

Post deleted by User.
By Skylark1 2011-01-29 18:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh I've solo'd it no problem, but I'm not gonna waste my time going out there and soloing it without TH present, for 1% haste.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-29 18:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Well, really, at this point in the game, no reason not to have something better than headlong. That's a rather fair thing to criticize
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-29 18:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Big deal is I shouldn't have to change my effects just because some tool is casting cure and bar spells on themselves over and over again like healing skill or enhancing skill matters.

And they shouldn't have to go somewhere special because your machine sucks and can't handle them being there.
[+]
By Skylark1 2011-01-29 18:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind, I have no melee jobs, 90 BLM BRD WHM SMN RDM, need to look at all aspects of the problem. Haste is merely for recast timers for me.

Post deleted by User.
Serveur: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-01-29 20:09:25
Link | Citer | R

pet peeves:

#1starting a shout group for an NM and not having the KI/pop items needed. Please be prepared before you start a shout group or at least tell everyone before that we will be farming pop items along the way. I joined a Zone boss group, not a farm KI then zone boss group.

#2ppl standing around watching a (insert job here) solo an nm in abyssea and then raging because the soloer wasted their time. Get it straight. You waste your own time. only you. The soloer isn't making you stay there and watch and they arent keeping you from doing something else. There is a ***ton of things to do in the game and only your stubbornness is keeping you from doing something else. There seems to be an increased amount of complaints against soloers and I don't feel they deserve all this anger focused at them.

#3SE creating NMs that drop gear or are trial VNMs for only jobs X, Y, Z so that when you try and make a shout group you only get jobs X, Y, and Z to help (+maybe two other jobs or ppl who have multiple jobs). They seem to be better about this in abyssea. It was so annoying trying to try and beat Erebus 6x and getting nobody but drks, and they only wanted to come along for the toad VNM.

#4smns in full teal, or any teal actually.

#5pups. not because of the actual job or anything. It's because every single one of them seems like they are determined to prove that they are the best thing ever. It gets tiring real fast. I was out dding a whole alliance on smn in abyssea and you dont see me telling everyone and their grandma that smn puts all jobs to shame etc. give it a rest.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21