In Game Pet Peeves.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-26 10:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Varistor said:
Diabolos.Wrayth said:
Ok this one really gets me and i'm sure its happened to everyone especially in LS chat you ask a question and nothing not even a GTFO and stop asking questions just nothing I don't care if the answer is NO!!!! just give me the dam answer.

Ya, i believe this is my #1. I get so tired of being ignored. All I ever ask for is the respect to get an answer. if you are busy, then just say hang on. takes 3 seconds to type that. It amazes me how disrespectful people are at times in my LS to their own LS mates. I have one of them B-listed right now for being a *** to me for no reason other than to be a ***. I treat people with respect, even though most times they don't deserve it, and expect the same in return.

This totally. I feel so bad having to say something just to fill the void when I don't know thing one about whatever question. Especially when I know people are online that DO know.

At the same time, there are people who never, ever, stop asking asking asking asking asking. Whether it's questions or for help, some people can't seem to get anything done without personal guidance and close supervision.

This kind of thing:
[+]
 Alexander.Varistor
Serveur: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2011-01-26 10:45:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Alexander.Varistor said:
Diabolos.Wrayth said:
Ok this one really gets me and i'm sure its happened to everyone especially in LS chat you ask a question and nothing not even a GTFO and stop asking questions just nothing I don't care if the answer is NO!!!! just give me the dam answer.

Ya, i believe this is my #1. I get so tired of being ignored. All I ever ask for is the respect to get an answer. if you are busy, then just say hang on. takes 3 seconds to type that. It amazes me how disrespectful people are at times in my LS to their own LS mates. I have one of them B-listed right now for being a *** to me for no reason other than to be a ***. I treat people with respect, even though most times they don't deserve it, and expect the same in return.

This totally. I feel so bad having to say something just to fill the void when I don't know thing one about whatever question. Especially when I know people are online that DO know.

there are some in my LS that i feel get ignored on purpose cause they would ask a question and nothing. a cpl minutes, i asked the exact same question and got response. That pisses me off even more. i also have answered for other people just so they don't get ignored, but i shouldn't have to.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-26 10:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
When I'm running through Upper Jeuno to the WG warp guy and I hit the ONE spot in the whole gd zone that's a little glitchy thing. You know the place that pops up and stops you dead in your tracks and you have to spin all around to gtfo of it? Yeah, that PoS. The *** is up with that?

Yeah!!
I've noticed that same thing. Right in the middle of the walkway, just a few yalms away from the Whitegate-warp NPC.

I thought it was just my PC screwing up. Guess not. I'm somewhat relieved.
This thing is also in Tavnazian Safehold. :|

I hate it.
By ryujinsephy 2011-01-26 11:46:11
Link | Citer | R

The biggest pet peeve I get is when I'm not party leader and people are still asking me to let them join the alliance or let them get win or somthing.

If I'm not a party leaader!! I can't invite you!! WHY THE **** ARE YOU ASKING ME??!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-26 12:32:40
Link | Citer | R

SMNs taking an hour to duo Ironclad (The Pluviale one) that they're only barely interested in, and rejecting help just to speed it up without asking for any drops, when it takes me under 10 minutes to whoop it's ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-26 12:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
SMNs taking an hour to duo Ironclad (The Pluviale one) that they're only barely interested in, and rejecting help just to speed it up without asking for any drops, when it takes me under 10 minutes to whoop it's ***.

Too bad.

This has been brought up in numerous forums threads.
If someone else has claimed the NM you want to target, too bad. Go find something else to do. Whoever has claimed "your" NM has/had just as much of a right as you to claim it, and s/he/they can kill it any way s/he/they see fit, and your ability to "speed up the kill" is irrelevant.
If someone WANTS your help, then fine. But that person is under no obligation to accept your help.

Get over it!
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-26 12:42:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:

Too bad.

If someone else has claimed the NM you want to target, too bad. Go find something else to do. Whoever has claimed "your" NM has/had just as much of a right as you to claim it, and s/he/they can kill it any way s/he/they see fit, and your ability to "speed up the kill" is irrelevant.
If someone WANTS your help, then fine. But that person is under no obligation to accept your help.

Get over it!
did you forget what this thread was even about?
I'll remind you.
Topic name: In game pet peeves
so regardless as to how much they should "get over it"(which who's to say they don't) it still could be called a pet peeve.
[+]
By Wombat 2011-01-26 12:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:

Too bad.

Get over it!
did you forget what this thread was even about?
I'll remind you.
Topic name: In game pet peeves
so regardless as to how much they should "get over it"(which who's to say they don't) it still could be called a pet peeve.

Too bad.
Elana doesn't approve of that pet peeve, so it shan't be posted.
Get over it!
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-26 17:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Current Pet Peeve: People who will let outside players get seals or other items but won't let them join the party to help kill. I don't know if they think we're going to screw something up, but...if you can communicate, which was the first foundation to making a deal with giving out such seals/items, then just tell the guess what to do and what not to do. Most players aren't THAT stupid these days. At least, I hope not. >_>
Asura.Vyre said:
When people brew stuff like Raja, Alfard, Azdaja, Dragua, or anything that really isn't Shinryu or Rani(when ***has really hit the fan).
Sorry to burst your bubble, but some people actually are unfortunate enough to not have many friends to rely on, even if they are good players and good people, for help with certain NMs. So they get pick-up groups for completing storyline quests and then pick up brews for the NMs no one needs. Who wants to do Smok willingly anyway, besides DRKs and RNGs?
Quote:
Also +s to all the stuff about soloists being morons. I hate hate hate watching soloers in abyssea.
They're not going to have enough resources for weakness procs, sure. There's all kinds of wrong with that. But, If you're standing around watching soloists, you should be doing something else anyway like building up time extensions.
Quote:
Also people who assume that you cap everything in Abyssea. Like accuracy or attack. That kind of thinking is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There are plenty of NMs where you need more accuracy and/or more attack. Not the majority of things, no, but there are plenty of things where you aren't capped. Crit rate doesn't have a tested/known cap. Crit damage does, get it straight.
1. Voracious Violet Atma 2. Razed Ruins Atma 3. ??? 4. PROFIT
Quote:
People who TP with Kclubs or OAT weapons on NMs. I hate TP feeds.
lolOAT2-4 and KClub!
Quote:
Last but not least... People who abyssea burn jobs and are skilled and only skilled at the current usage for them. It really pisses me off to see people who would have never touched NIN when you actually had to be good at it now fawning over it and getting Kannagis and acting like they're hot ***. Same thing goes for other jobs, like Monk, Warrior, etc. You have the gear, you've got the level, and hell you've even got the skills up to par, but you don't have the experience. Yet, you act like you do. These people try to tell people(some careered in said jobs) how to play their job. It's the most insulting thing I've ever seen.
>implying that you can't be mentored by someone else who has played a job more than they have. So what? If they're skilled enough to even play the job right then what's the problem? If they suck, well, yeah, they suck. This isn't new either.
I like how you ignored what I am annoyed by, and for seemingly no reason attacked me. Trying to start an argument for no reason? I'm not wasting my time with that. This is a QQ your heart-out thread, so I did.
Uh...how am I attacking you? There's a big difference from that and discussing triviality. That's another thing I'm peeved about, btw: taking things out of context and taking it as a personal attack. If I wanted to attack you I would've taken it to the flame core.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-26 17:28:51
Link | Citer | R

If I attacked you I would've taken it to the flame core by now. Big difference from that and letting you in on some tips and triviality debunked by wisdom. That's another thing I'm peeved about, btw: taking things out of context and taking it as a personal attack.
how would you take it to the flame core?
would you have made a new thread there?
:P
not that I really disagree with what you had to say, just curious.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-26 17:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
If I attacked you I would've taken it to the flame core by now. Big difference from that and letting you in on some tips and triviality debunked by wisdom. That's another thing I'm peeved about, btw: taking things out of context and taking it as a personal attack.
how would you take it to the flame core?
would you have made a new thread there?
I guess, but I'm not picking a fight, so there's no point anyway.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-26 17:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Too bad.

Get over it!

Agreed, they're under no obligation. Doesn't matter though, it's still a pet peeve. I wasn't angry at them, shouting or anything of the sort. I hold no ill feelings toward them at all, and I even promised them I wouldn't take the mob when they were close to wipe, and that if the LS that was circling them like a hawk looked like they'd try, I'd snatch it first and make sure they got claim back. Agitated more because it took them an hour to kill a mob that can be duo'd in 10 minutes, over something they weren't very interested in.

Also, new pet peeve is when people take pet peeves that are mild as serious offenses and nerd-rage over it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-26 17:46:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Too bad.

Get over it!

Agreed, they're under no obligation. Doesn't matter though, it's still a pet peeve. I wasn't angry at them, shouting or anything of the sort. I hold no ill feelings toward them at all, and I even promised them I wouldn't take the mob when they were close to wipe, and that if the LS that was circling them like a hawk looked like they'd try, I'd snatch it first and make sure they got claim back. Agitated more because it took them an hour to kill a mob that can be duo'd in 10 minutes, over something they weren't very interested in.

Also, new pet peeve is when people take pet peeves that are mild as serious offenses and nerd-rage over it.
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THAT PET PEEVE!
GET OVER IT!
ARG!
[+]
 Asura.Kese
Serveur: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-01-26 20:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Kese said:
5. someone actully bitching about ppl playing drunk or stoned....cmon man >.> ,sounds like you need to hit this blunt then play this ***.

seriously

[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-26 21:00:34
Link | Citer | R

my pet peeve is when people tell me I shouldnt cuss when I /sh.

/shout HEY ***, GO *** YOUR MOTHER IN THE *** WITH A BLEEDING SPORK YOU UNDER-SIZED *** SUCKING CAMEL TIPPING TURD CARROT!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-26 21:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kese said:

[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-26 21:08:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:

It takes me 30mins tops to solo it on SMN, those SMN must suck if it took them an hour to duo lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-27 07:21:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Too bad.

Get over it!

Ahh, in that case, you have my apology.
There have been some players who really do get all bent if someone is "taking too long" to kill "their" NM.
Apparently, I was too quick to lump you in with them.
My bad.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-27 10:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
When I'm running through Upper Jeuno to the WG warp guy and I hit the ONE spot in the whole gd zone that's a little glitchy thing. You know the place that pops up and stops you dead in your tracks and you have to spin all around to gtfo of it? Yeah, that PoS. The *** is up with that?

Yeah!!
I've noticed that same thing. Right in the middle of the walkway, just a few yalms away from the Whitegate-warp NPC.

I thought it was just my PC screwing up. Guess not. I'm somewhat relieved.
This thing is also in Tavnazian Safehold. :|

I hate it.

somoeone tried telling me it was a GM i called them a LIAAAAAAR!
 Diabolos.Megatron
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-01-27 11:23:38
Link | Citer | R

my biggest pet peeves,

people who lose claim on a NM or wipe to a NM. then freaking complain that ...jooo took my NM... ummmm hey retard you are dead what you going to kill it by decomposing on it?. i'm so sure your WHM is goingto solo it for you. hey you claim it and take off across a zone. and then it goes unclaimed. guess what? now its mine.

if you see people camping a NM and then you walk up and say. what are yall doing?... were camping this NM... then they pop the nm and proceed to take 45 mins to kill it by themselves. i got no sympothy for you if opps look who lost claim. or opps they fell over dead. i rather enjoy kill your NM on top of your Dead body. then tell you what it dropped.

heres a idea you see people standing around a ??? then ask them if ther going to fight it. how about asking them if you can join. you got no idea how many seals we let hit the floor cause were only there for 1 seal the mob drops. you got a good chance of getting the seals.

and lastly. if im in the middle of a fighting a nm. with 5+ other people. send me one tell. dont bombard me with

<guy1> hey can i join i need that win.
<guy2> <guy1> says to send you a tell to join in geting glavoid can i join?
<guy3> yall doing glavoid?
<guy4> Invite to join party

/away
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-27 12:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Gonna split this one right down the middle:

Diabolos.Megatron said:

people who lose claim on a NM or wipe to a NM. then freaking complain that ...jooo took my NM... ummmm hey retard you are dead what you going to kill it by decomposing on it?. i'm so sure your WHM is goingto solo it for you. hey you claim it and take off across a zone. and then it goes unclaimed. guess what? now its mine.

if you see people camping a NM and then you walk up and say. what are yall doing?... were camping this NM... then they pop the nm and proceed to take 45 mins to kill it by themselves. i got no sympothy for you if opps look who lost claim. or opps they fell over dead. i rather enjoy kill your NM on top of your Dead body. then tell you what it dropped.

You're a douchebag.

Diabolos.Megatron said:

and lastly. if im in the middle of a fighting a nm. with 5+ other people. send me one tell. dont bombard me with

<guy2> <guy1> says to send you a tell to join in geting glavoid can i join?
<guy3> yall doing glavoid?
<guy4> Invite to join party

However, I could not agree with you more on this particular point. Amen.
[+]
 Asura.Biddy
Serveur: Asura
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Biddy 2011-01-27 14:04:03
Link | Citer | R

This has been mentioned before, but the people who spam /shout in Jeuno asking for misc. NMs, seals, or whatever random thing they want. You know, the shouts like "Rani fight, {can I have it}{help me out!}. They drive me insane. ._. The ones who offer a reward are fine, but most don't.

Also, people who don't respond to party invites bug me too. I always check /seacoms and will not send the invite my party doesn't fit the bill, but c'mon! A simple "no thanks" works wonders. I realize that some people may simply be AFK, but it happens A LOT! Why are they LFP while AFK anyway?
[+]
By Halfpint 2011-01-27 15:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Sonoma, that explains SO much more than your response on the LS page.

I jumped a few pages but have not seen:

1)The alliance leader/other ppl screaming for azure kills then they Ko the mobs the BLM's have been nuking.

2)This is pretty much anytime... any DD screaming PPP,SSS, HASTE, CURE within 2 sec of recieving the enfeeb or the buff wearing off. Seriously?!?! If I am in the middle of hasting/curing/buffing/your *** be patient enough to let the spell timer wind down.

3) Ppl that go out of healing/buffing/debuffing range,(baasically to the opposite side of the zone) without tellling anyone, and then scream because there were no cures or sleeps, debuffs to save them from dieing.

4)Someone said this earlier(page 2)...the player that takes a pt as a lvl 90 job..and then goes anon and tries to leech. Had one idjit who tried to leech on a job that is lvl 40 or less without keys, was just guessing and losing chests. WE were at the lathiene worm camp, he was sitting pretty about 1/2 way up the hillside, when i asked him he said he decided to leech for a bit. I told him to get keys, or get another job.

5)Someone who replaces themselves with a key leech without asking the alliance holder. Ended up with 6 leeches and 4 ppl afk at one time and ppl wondering why we weren't getting any chests.
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-01-27 15:46:15
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Liquidsilk said:
Full pink blu's
OH GAWD NO

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.