First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 09:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Discuss. :P

But just what I've noticed off that pic... What the heck is up with that hammer? O.oa
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 09:14:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Looking forward to see what 'gameplay adjustments' they have in stock for us.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 09:33:52
Link | Citer | R

I love updates (good ones where new stuff is implemented), but there's really nothing to discuss yet :(
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 09:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Ok... Guess I should have said "Speculate." instead of "Discuss." >.>
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 09:52:04
Link | Citer | R

lolfail dun dun dunnn
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 09:52:33
Link | Citer | R

The hammer looks like one of those squeaking boppers you got as a little kid. You remember, the one you hit everything in the house with and broke the lamp with. Or was that just me >.>
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 09:54:50
Link | Citer | R

lol, yeah... Reminded me of the Golden Hammer from SSBB when you get the dud and it starts squeaking instead of bringing the opponent pain.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 09:56:08

Uchisokonau said:
The hammer looks like one of those squeaking boppers you got as a little kid. You remember, the one you hit everything in the house with and broke the lamp with. Or was that just me >.>

In Phantasy Star Online/Universe, they have the same weapon. It would squeak every attack too. Pretty cool, merely a toy weapon, it sucked of course.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 10:01:33
Link | Citer | R

I can really see that being a reward from MMM since most of the things you can exchange marbles for suck (eye patch, boots, etc.)
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 10:03:16
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
I can really see that being a reward from MMM since most of the things you can exchange marbles for suck (eye patch, boots, etc.)

What's the etc.? It's just eyepatch and boots so far :p
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 10:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Titles?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 10:15:13
Link | Citer | R

You know a good idea I think they can add is another Weapon type, since we see the pic of the char holding a Hammer. Make it a 2 handed hammer weapon. Though you would have to skill up all the way to the cap but its not like people don't do that anyways to skill up.

War got GA A+ so maybe another job can use a hammer for an A weapon.

Just don't know what other job would really benefit with a 2h hammer other than of course war.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 10:17:53
Link | Citer | R

If you think from a historically protrayed since (i.e. old movies, books, etc) I could see WHM or PLD use them (thinking like medival cleric types), but I don't know if it would make "sense" game wise.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 10:18:45

Hammers?!
VIKING JOB?!?!!?!?
Time to spread some rumors. brb /sh'ing in WG.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 10:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Hammers?!
VIKING JOB?!?!!?!?
Time to spread some rumors. brb /sh'ing in WG.

LOL I thought of something since we are all just speculating/bsing here. Whatever happened to the 4 new (and final) mission storylines they were suppose to be adding this spring (i.e. "Shantoto's Revenge, and so on)?
 Garuda.Pastor
Serveur: Garuda
user: Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-27 10:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Looking forward to see what 'gameplay adjustments' they have in stock for us.

Ditto, Astral burning (fixed) I'd wager some on my gil on that. Also Some more items from Campaign would be nice i am a low rank still and i have over 60k of allied notes already :D
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 10:25:42
Link | Citer | R

4? I thought it was 3. And weren't they going to be released separately over the span of several months?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 10:27:24
Link | Citer | R

Shantoto is a awesome taru! lol They should add new ranks and more to the storyline for nations. Maybe start a war or make a huge battle fight that you need a full alliance for to get the last rank and a better reward too. Not that 100k wasn't enough but all other missions in the game give you some reward of a ring or earring etc.

Add some trains, dune boogies (however its spelled)

Edit:

Well it doesn't say gameplay adjustments, says battle adjustments. So it can be the level sync battle system they may tweak
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 10:28:00

We are all waiting for some more campaign battle gear.
I had about 300k+ extra notes after most of the Wing/Emblem Cobra gear (used the rest to sell shields at Gobbie NPC in Sandy,some good gil there).
So easy to get notes, can get about 30~40k a day. (I'm a campaign WHOREEEEEEEEEEE)

What SE needs to do is make Poroggo Gents spawn all the time and not just during foggy weather in West Sarutabaruta [S] so I can get Magic Hammer. I still have haunting memories of Mamook from Blu AF. ;_;
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 10:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
We are all waiting for some more campaign battle gear.
I had about 300k+ extra notes after most of the Wing/Emblem Cobra gear (used the rest to sell shields at Gobbie NPC in Sandy,some good gil there).
So easy to get notes, can get about 30~40k a day. (I'm a campaign WHOREEEEEEEEEEE)

What SE needs to do is make Poroggo Gents spawn all the time and not just during foggy weather in West Sarutabaruta [S] so I can get Magic Hammer. I still have haunting memories of Mamook from Blu AF. ;_;
You poor guy, I had an uber rdm friend help me with Magic Hammer so it was pretty simple, I'd come help you if I was on Ifrit :/
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-27 10:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
Well it doesn't say gameplay adjustments, says battle adjustments. So it can be the level sync battle system they may tweak

Yeah i think it will be relayed to the Astral burning also i think they might tweak the calculations made from higher level players syncing down to lower levels

eg when i took my THF from 45 - 75 i had many parties where i was not the level sync target so i had to use a lot of ACC gear and sushi to hit the mobs regardless of the fact the mobs i was actually fighting were well below the skill of my dagger rating at the time say it was capped @ 120 and i had a skill of 156 despite being capped for the level my ACC would suffer i think SE might address this ... perhaps ... i hope ... please lol
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-02-27 10:36:27
Link | Citer | R

hmmmm Viking Job gogo lmao i can see the AF now.... I imagine Thor running around in taru form lmao
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-27 10:39:28
Link | Citer | R

Antonios said:
hmmmm Viking Job gogo lmao i can see the AF now.... I imagine Thor running around in taru form lmao

lol when my old social herd about the 2 new jobs they were introduction well before anything was confirmed you should have herd of all the suggestions that were being said on Vent. The funniest one i remember is someone suggestion a math mage . . . /hic imo
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 10:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Antonios said:

As if the taru's don't haev enough cute jobs to emulate. Well FFXI already has half the norse gods in one form or another so might as well add a Viking class lol.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 10:49:51
Link | Citer | R

I thought they had plans to introduce more stats onto Synced armour? At the moment it's pretty much hp/mp/stats only, no acc, evasion, hmp, skill or anything like that. I'm pretty sure that acc evasion and hmp were planned (yay), not sure what else. Pastor, I'm pretty sure that if you're sycned to level 20, your dagger skill will be reduced to w/e the cap is for your job at that level, your poor accuracy would have stemmed from the fact that accuracy on gear is completely wiped in level sync (until April is my guess).

Before SCH/DNC were introduced, there were rumours of three new jobs, the math mage suggestion is SCH without a doubt. The third rumoured job was something along the lines of Viking or "Strong man". That's what I heard at the time anyway.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we never see another new job, but we definitely won't see one in April.

And as for pure speculation, I don't think they'll nerf Astral Burning, but we can only wait and see.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 10:55:16
Link | Citer | R

It could be any battle adjustments really, it can be campaign battle again since they are always adjusting it and everybody waiting to see the AF nerfed will be just laughed at by SE....

I do remember it was supposed to be 3 jobs introduced, 1 of was to be a tank job like another knight or something but then dnc was able to sorta tank and have provoke etc. so they took the 3rd job out for unknown reasons.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 10:57:15
Link | Citer | R

I was hoping for another type of blm, called a time mage, where they were able to cast ga buffs and enfeebling spells such as float/ga, stop, etc.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 10:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I honestly don't think we will see another job either. SE already stated that WoTG would be the last "paid" expansion for this game so I dought much drastic (like a new job addition) would occur. We can always hope though.

Also I notice Fields of the Valor is getting, in their words, a "Large-scale Expansion". Guess that means the "beta" test run is over and they are going to add it to all Near-East zones. I'd love to see one for Elshimo region and Altepa.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 11:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Damage / Defense / HP / MP / Status (Strength, Dexterity, etc.) / Accuracy / Attack / Ranged Accuracy / Ranged Attack / Magic Accuracy / Magic Attack / Evasion / Enmity / Healing HP / Healing MP

Those are all the stats currently scaled down with level sync. Any other stat / attribute is removed from the higher level gear.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 11:00:54
Link | Citer | R

COR Pianissimo ability inc. You heard it here first.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7