April Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 11:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Wow do people ever read through the post in a thread before they reply? >.<

I feel like this thread is becoming one big deja'vu experience.
 Asura.Icon
Serveur: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-02-27 12:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Jiko said:
Scizor said:
Something for PUP would be good

By something good, I hope you mean finally adjust the soulsoother AI, or Valoredges defense. You know.. something useful.

Personally for PUP i'd love to see it where you get a different head for every job. Right now you have Harlequin (RDM), Valoredge (WAR), Soulsoother (WHM), Spiritreaver (BLM), Sharpshot (RNG), Stormwaker (SOMETHING) so it would just be a few more heads. Then once you do that change the two hours to do something differnt based on the head. Have the 2 hour be similar to the 2 hour of the job the head is based off of. Like with the Soulsoother have the 2 hour be a Benediciton that works at like 60%. Then once you use the 2 hour then you can't use an automaton for a while (20, 30 minutes?).

Honestly ... I'd rather have the Sharpshot pull a KOSMOS and when you 2 hours it whips out a pair of Gatling Guns and pulls a ranged attack 100 Fists type move. "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 12:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Uchisokonau said:
Wow do people ever read through the post in a thread before they reply? >.<

I feel like this thread is becoming one big deja'vu experience.

Nope, it's the same as selective hearing. They only read what they want instead.

Some new options for WAR to wear for feet and pants would be nice if you don't have any r/e gear.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 12:04:32
Link | Citer | R

Icon said:
Jiko said:
Scizor said:
Something for PUP would be good

By something good, I hope you mean finally adjust the soulsoother AI, or Valoredges defense. You know.. something useful.

Personally for PUP i'd love to see it where you get a different head for every job. Right now you have Harlequin (RDM), Valoredge (WAR), Soulsoother (WHM), Spiritreaver (BLM), Sharpshot (RNG), Stormwaker (SOMETHING) so it would just be a few more heads. Then once you do that change the two hours to do something differnt based on the head. Have the 2 hour be similar to the 2 hour of the job the head is based off of. Like with the Soulsoother have the 2 hour be a Benediciton that works at like 60%. Then once you use the 2 hour then you can't use an automaton for a while (20, 30 minutes?).

Honestly ... I'd rather have the Sharpshot pull a KOSMOS and when you 2 hours it whips out a pair of Gatling Guns and pulls a ranged attack 100 Fists type move. "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

God don't mention that RPG, the ending still pisses me off. they sold that game so short. Great series, bad ending.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-27 12:09:55
Link | Citer | R

Scizor said:
Yeah Jiko, Valoredge needs to be made from metal instead of tissue paper >_>, AI tweaking would be asking too much SE wont fix :/

Some new attachments would be good, I'm hoping for a few more RACC/RACK ones

Scope and Target Marker are good enough with wind/thunder/fire up. Throw 2 merits in there for good measure if you want to be safe..

They -should- be having one more set of 2 attachments coming out, if im not mistaken, since light and dark only have 6, while the rest have 7. Expect them sometime..

As long as you're not suggesting new frames such as a bluemage, a bard, and sch, like some [url=http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewforum.php?f=76&sid=98c7b0702e89f6e9cfc3af41a6e66ff7[/url]. 3rd page Puppetmaster forums, "New pup frames". its near the middle. That link should take you to the pup forums.. but i was permab&, and proxy links dont work here...
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-02-27 12:11:02
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Green Mage and Time Mage are different. D:
Rdm actually took a whole new angle in FFXI.
Rdm used to be known as just the single target nuker that could Double Cast.
Green Mage was a debuffer, and Time Mage had all the Haste/Slow/Stop etc.
What we need is a Rainbow Mage - could pick 10 spells from every mage job D:

"The Time Mage (時魔道士, Tokimadōshi?) is a specialized wizard with the ability to manipulate the space-time continuum to speed up, slow down, or completely halt the passage of time; control celestial bodies; or influence the pull of gravity.[29] Although it is referred to as Time Mage in English localizations of the series, some versions call it the Time/Space Mage. Time magic is also referred to as green magic and Time Mages as Green Mages to coincide with the black/white/red/blue mage theme . In actuality, the Japanese version specifically calls these mages "Time Mages" (時魔道士, tokimadōshi). Time Mages can typically wield rods and/or staves. Although he mostly resembles the Fighter class, Tidus from Final Fantasy X has a variety of Time Mage spells in his section of the Sphere Grid.[citation needed] Time Mages have appeared as classes in Final Fantasy V,[29] Final Fantasy Tactics,[5] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Hataraku Chocobo, commonly depicted wearing tall, pointed wizard hats adorned with star and moon decorations.[29]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_character_classes#Time_Mage

RDM didn't have anything like double cast until much later in the game when SE realized that with other jobs around that have specific specialties there is no need for a gimp mage. RDM was Onion Knight +1. It is just a hybrid class that is good at everything yet skilled at nothing, and can work a mean d20 saving throw (sorry 8-bit theater reference). If RDM didn't get refresh no one would play them.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-27 12:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Icon said:

Personally for PUP i'd love to see it where you get a different head for every job.

And that bit makes me want to hurt you. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea, just go level said job, instead of trying to make pup more like a mimic job. (See: Gogo)
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-02-27 12:14:34
Link | Citer | R

Already have Are's , Aurum, Dusk, and Amir. War feet options are pretty set imo.
Legs not as much, but between Byakko's, Askar, Are's, and Barbarossa's most people are going to be able to get their hands on at least one of those.
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-02-27 12:15:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry I take time to type. Just because someone notices the same thing I do and is able to type it faster doesn't mean I don't read the rest. Fault me for knowing that pianissimo actually means something.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-02-27 12:15:41
Link | Citer | R

Jiko your second link doesn't work lol what else could they put into light? I cant really think of anything for dark as MP is covered is my opinion, thoughts?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 12:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Icon said:
I'm sorry I take time to type. Just because someone notices the same thing I do and is able to type it faster doesn't mean I don't read the rest. Fault me for knowing that pianissimo actually means something.

There was 2 hours between the two posts... lol

Anyway, I'm faulting you for being pedantic =)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 12:16:44
Link | Citer | R

It's good that they are gonna expand the FoV in other areas, who doesnt want to kill 10 imps and 4 chigoe in caedarva mire lol

Frobeus said:
Already have Are's , Aurum, Dusk, and Amir. War feet options are pretty set imo.
Legs not as much, but between Byakko's, Askar, Are's, and Barbarossa's most people are going to be able to get their hands on at least one of those.

I said those who dont have r/e, not much on any gear that are not r/e for war
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 12:17:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Well yeah, back in the day. I was referring to FFT games. >.<; should've specified. (I treat jobs like I would on that game, since they specialize in one thing each)
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 12:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Icon said:
Haseyo said:
Green Mage and Time Mage are different. D:
Rdm actually took a whole new angle in FFXI.
Rdm used to be known as just the single target nuker that could Double Cast.
Green Mage was a debuffer, and Time Mage had all the Haste/Slow/Stop etc.
What we need is a Rainbow Mage - could pick 10 spells from every mage job D:

"The Time Mage (時魔道士, Tokimadōshi?) is a specialized wizard with the ability to manipulate the space-time continuum to speed up, slow down, or completely halt the passage of time; control celestial bodies; or influence the pull of gravity.[29] Although it is referred to as Time Mage in English localizations of the series, some versions call it the Time/Space Mage. Time magic is also referred to as green magic and Time Mages as Green Mages to coincide with the black/white/red/blue mage theme . In actuality, the Japanese version specifically calls these mages "Time Mages" (時魔道士, tokimadōshi). Time Mages can typically wield rods and/or staves. Although he mostly resembles the Fighter class, Tidus from Final Fantasy X has a variety of Time Mage spells in his section of the Sphere Grid.[citation needed] Time Mages have appeared as classes in Final Fantasy V,[29] Final Fantasy Tactics,[5] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Hataraku Chocobo, commonly depicted wearing tall, pointed wizard hats adorned with star and moon decorations.[29]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_character_classes#Time_Mage

RDM didn't have anything like double cast until much later in the game when SE realized that with other jobs around that have specific specialties there is no need for a gimp mage. RDM was Onion Knight +1. It is just a hybrid class that is good at everything yet skilled at nothing, and can work a mean d20 saving throw (sorry 8-bit theater reference). If RDM didn't get refresh no one would play them.

WRONG! Rdm have the highest cap/rating on both enfeebling magic and enhancing magic in FFXI. Paralyze II Dia/BIO III ftw
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-02-27 12:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Wonder if SE will put some JSE in for PUP
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 12:21:51

I think he was talking about how Rdm was in other FFs previous to this one.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 12:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Scizor said:

Hidden Effect: Job Change
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 12:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Not likely since he made the reference to Refresh, but I could be wrong.

But also on that note, without refresh rdm would still get parties pretty quickly. They can still heal well and Dispel is a saver on alot of mobs.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-27 12:24:50
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Scizor said:

Hidden Effect: Job Change

{True strike}
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 12:24:55
Link | Citer | R

Anyways, who cares, we dont have everything from other versions of FF. So it was an idea of having more spells like time magic whatever u wanna call it.

They could give new summons that we dont have like Siren.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-02-27 12:25:08
Link | Citer | R

lol Wooooodum, You should level your PUP its a job I think you'd enjoy
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 12:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Stop would be useful.

"Onoes Jormungand is chasing me, /ma "Stop" <t>"

yay I escaped!"
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 12:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
Anyways, who cares, we dont have everything from other versions of FF. So it was an idea of having more spells like time magic whatever u wanna call it.

^^This.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 12:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Stop would be useful.

"Onoes Jormungand is chasing me, /ma "Stop" <t>"

yay I escaped!"

Now if only he wouldn't resist it :P
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-02-27 12:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Jiko said:
Icon said:

Personally for PUP i'd love to see it where you get a different head for every job.

And that bit makes me want to hurt you. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea, just go level said job, instead of trying to make pup more like a mimic job. (See: Gogo)

Well damn, nice to see that people are receptive to an idea. Kinda funny though your criticism kinda proves the point you are trying to berate. The job is kind of a mimic job already. Both jobs play as the fool. The automaton has abilities and spells that you can easily correlate to specific job albeit in a weaker form. .... kinda like a mimic would. People laugh at it.

Interesting...
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-02-27 12:28:12
Link | Citer | R

Uchisokonau said:

LOL I thought of something since we are all just speculating/bsing here. Whatever happened to the 4 new (and final) mission storylines they were suppose to be adding this spring (i.e. "Shantoto's Revenge, and so on)?

Those 3 are downloadable Expansions. I believe the first is slated for a June release.

I am looking forward to the update. Maybe now I can rank up in Campaign. I've had teh same medal for a year it seems like :(
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 12:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Lethewaters said:
Uchisokonau said:

LOL I thought of something since we are all just speculating/bsing here. Whatever happened to the 4 new (and final) mission storylines they were suppose to be adding this spring (i.e. "Shantoto's Revenge, and so on)?

Those 3 are downloadable Expansions. I believe the first is slated for a June release.

I am looking forward to the updtae. Maybe now I can rank up in Campaign. I've had teh same medal for a year it seems like :(

Oh it's been so long since they first announced it I couldn't remember if it was 3 or 4. lol
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 12:30:09

But puppets are cute.

Oh yeah, maybe they'll give us some more detail (or vague description of) on these two new avatars they have planned (gawd knows when those will ever be released).
 Odin.Aramina
Serveur: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-02-27 12:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, speculate, BS, and hope... that's about all we can do until we get the next morsel from SE.

Then we will take a little information and speculate, BS, and hope some more until the next morsel from SE.

Then we will............
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-27 12:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Icon said:
Jiko said:
Icon said:

Well damn, nice to see that people are receptive to an idea. Kinda funny though your criticism kinda proves the point you are trying to berate. The job is kind of a mimic job already. Both jobs play as the fool. The automaton has abilities and spells that you can easily correlate to specific job albeit in a weaker form. .... kinda like a mimic would. People laugh at it.

Interesting...

Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7