Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-21 10:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
If my license got suspended I would have kept driving.

The car im driving atm is illegal to drive because it didn't pass the yearly checkup. I take my chances though, because the chances of me beeing pulled over otw to work is minimal and a risk I'm willing to take to keep my job.

Not driving and losing my job is way worse than driving and get caught and have to pay a fine imo.
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Driving-suspended-license.htm

Nifty little table depending what state you live in. Assuming you live in the US.

Nope, don't live in the US.

Here you get fined. you would have to get caught a lot of times to get sent to jail for driving without a licens here, thats unless you cause an accident or something. And then you'll spend like 2-4 weeks in a minimum security prison (which is basically a motel here in sweden).

Even if I lived in the U.S though, I would have taken my chances. I dont know for sure, but dont the american police got better things to do than stopping people just to see if they got a licens?

If you had a licens, and it got suspended it doesnt mean you forgot how to drive. As long as you don't speed or drive reckless I don't see why you would get pulled over.

But as I said, I live in sweden, maybe it's really that different.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-21 10:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and another thing. I wouldn't use them as a reference for your next job.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 10:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
I meant more for OP D:

@OP Yea I wouldn't drive while suspended.

Illinois
Fine: up to $2,500 (unless aggravated circumstances, fine of up to $25,000)
Jail Time: up to 364 days (up to 7 years in prison if under aggrivating circumstances)

Varies by Case

Of course a website isn't going to tell you much, you'd have to find out through trying the system.
fixed
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-21 10:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
I meant more for OP D:

@OP Yea I wouldn't drive while suspended.

Illinois
Fine: up to $2,500 (unless aggravated circumstances, fine of up to $25,000)
Jail Time: up to 364 days (up to 7 years in prison if under aggrivating circumstances)

Varies by Case

Of course a website isn't going to tell you much, you'd have to find out through a local court.

Geez, no wonder american prisons are full. 7 years for driving without a valid driving licens lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-21 10:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

The car im driving atm is illegal to drive because it didn't pass the yearly checkup. I take my chances though, because the chances of me beeing pulled over otw to work is minimal and a risk I'm willing to take to keep my job.

Not driving and losing my job is way worse than driving and get caught and have to pay a fine imo.
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Driving-suspended-license.htm

Nifty little table depending what state you live in. Assuming you live in the US.

Here you get fined. you would have to get caught a lot of times to get sent to jail for driving without a licens here, thats unless you cause an accident or something. And then you'll spend like 2-4 weeks in a minimum security prison (which is basically a motel here in sweden).

Even if I lived in the U.S though, I would have taken my chances. I dont know for sure, but dont the american police got better things to do than stopping people just to see if they got a licens?

If you had a licens, and it got suspended it doesnt mean you forgot how to drive. As long as you don't speed or drive reckless I don't see why you would get pulled over.

American police will pull you over out of boredom to do a random check on someone, lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 10:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

American police will pull you over out of boredom to racially profile do a random check on someone, lol.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-21 11:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Welcome to Arizona, would you like some racism with your ticket?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-21 11:03:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
American police will pull you over out of boredom to do a random check on someone, lol.

Not usually, but more likely if you're in crime-prone areas, uncommonly driven areas, or just doing something out of the ordinary.

Was reading a book right outside a movie theater while I waited on friends and a cop pulls up and just feel me out to see if I'm watching cars. Asked him if he ever read 'Count of Monte Cristo' and he went on his way.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-21 11:04:07
Link | Citer | R

Shouldnt have got your license suspended?
[+]
 Alexander.Demigod
Serveur: Alexander
user: Demigod
By Alexander.Demigod 2010-12-21 11:06:30
Link | Citer | R

1m:5days out~
12M:60days(2M) out of a year you will likely be out of work~
I'm shocked they didnt fire you already to be honest. Most places dont deal with more then 2 days out. either they like your performance or they cant get ppl, my option is if its more then 10/hr get ur *** in gear cuz its hard to find jobs.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-21 11:12:09
Link | Citer | R

If your attendance is so terrible, I can only ask how your work performance is. Your job may be hinged on a culmination of your performance during work and your attendance.

Right now, you've missed 1/4th of your work month(assuming 5 days a work week for 4 weeks), so you better hope your work performance isn't lackluster.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 11:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
How did you get your license suspended xD
By Muffincannon 2010-12-21 11:23:24
Link | Citer | R

doing 60 in a school zone during school hours in front of a cop will do it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-21 11:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Muffincannon said:
Tsk tsk.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-21 11:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Muffincannon said:
That should be a criminal offense with jail time :/
[+]
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 11:31:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Muffincannon said:

Only if its a 2nd offense, nobody got hurt or killed and case dependant on what state your in. Not good either way.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-21 11:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Oh I don't know the laws in every state. I was just thinking about someone going 60 in a school zone during school hours and that makes me rage.
[+]
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 11:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Welcome to Arizona, would you like some racism with your ticket?

Hey now, don't get me started with NJ. There's a reason why we have the highest auto insurance rate in the country lol :-P
 Ifrit.Daemun
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-12-21 11:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Muffincannon said:
I had Driver's Safety with a young college kid one time doing 98 in a 10mph school zone. He was able to take the Driver's Safety course to get the ticket dismissed. Everyone in the class told him just how lucky he was.

How does that make you feel?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-21 11:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Muffincannon said:
Elementary school, sure. High school? They're pieces of ***who will ruin their country (I say their because by the time the 50+% drop out rate starts making a huge diff in their lives, I'll either be close to, retired, or dead, so it doesn't make a diff to me). The *** cares if they get ran over?
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 11:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Oh I don't know the laws in every state. I was just thinking about someone going 60 in a school zone during school hours and that makes me rage.

Well, yea, good point.

Sylph.Amfortas
user: gillmaree
By Sylph.Amfortas 2010-12-21 11:36:01
Link | Citer | R

I HAVE to ask a totally dumb question.

Why did you accept a job you knew you would have trouble getting to in the first place?

As has been stated here, most job applications ask you to confirm that you have reliable transportation, you obviously did not.

5 days missed work in 1 month regardless of "reason/excuse" tells me you are probably spending too much time and money playing FFXI and other games LOL.

Stop whining, you put yourself in this situation. There are plenty of people in this country who would be glad to have a chance of a job and who would find a way to make it to work every single day.

To the i***t who drives while under suspension. Nice logic. When you get in an accident and kill someone or yourself, you won't be doing it again. YAY!!!!!
 Unicorn.Ducea
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-21 11:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Muffincannon said:
so I have off tomorrow and Thursday so I wont be seeing them until Friday.

sorry but thats your kiss of death. if they have you taking the rest of the week off but coming in friday its one reason. most companies will only fire people on a friday as policy for less of a chance of incident. also if they wanted to keep you, probably would have you working as much as possible, sorry. but start looking might find something better
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 11:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Muffincannon said:
Elementary school, sure. High school? They're pieces of ***who will ruin their country (I say their because by the time the 50+% drop out rate starts making a huge diff in their lives, I'll either be close to, retired, or dead, so it doesn't make a diff to me). The *** cares if they get ran over?

Might as well not have school at all if thats the case. You can't blame the teenagers as a whole. Everyone plays a part in educating and inspiring students, no matter what age, weather it be preschool or HS. Plus theres a lot of other factors effecting that statistic, not just the teenagers themselves.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-21 11:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Amfortas said:

Why did you accept a job you knew you would have trouble getting to in the first place?

As has been stated here, most job applications ask you to confirm that you have reliable transportation, you obviously did not.

5 days missed work in 1 month regardless of "reason/excuse" tells me you are probably spending too much time and money playing FFXI and other games LOL.

Stop whining, you put yourself in this situation. There are plenty of people in this country who would be glad to have a chance of a job and who would find a way to make it to work every single day.

To the i***t who drives while under suspension. Nice logic. When you get in an accident and kill someone or yourself, you won't be doing it again. YAY!!!!!
I imagine he didn't have problems until he got his license suspended.

I drove without insurance for a long time, personally. If you're a responsible driver, nobody will notice that you're missing things like permission to drive.
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 11:42:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Amfortas said:
I HAVE to ask a totally dumb question. Why did you accept a job you knew you would have trouble getting to in the first place? As has been stated here, most job applications ask you to confirm that you have reliable transportation, you obviously did not. 5 days missed work in 1 month regardless of "reason/excuse" tells me you are probably spending too much time and money playing FFXI and other games LOL. Stop whining, you put yourself in this situation. There are plenty of people in this country who would be glad to have a chance of a job and who would find a way to make it to work every single day. To the i***t who drives while under suspension. Nice logic. When you get in an accident and kill someone or yourself, you won't be doing it again. YAY!!!!!

Can't argue with this here. You want to be careful with how you handle yourself with the job you do both in performance and attendance. As I said before, the job marked is bad to where you don't want to be sloppy.
If this turns sour, the important thing is you learn from this and the advice given to you here by me and others on this thread.

Seriously, good luck.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-21 11:43:31
Link | Citer | R

Rustytiger said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Muffincannon said:

Might as well not have school at all if thats the case. You can't blame the teenagers as a whole. Everyone plays a part in educating and inspiring students, no matter what age, weather it be preschool or HS. Plus theres a lot of other factors effecting that statistic, not just the teenagers themselves.
Well, also, if you don't know how to use the crosswalk and not run into the street like a moron by the time you're in high school, you deserve to get hit. high school shouldn't get any special treatment in this department really. It's understanding of little kids, but of high schoolers, nah. If they get hit, it's their own stupidity.

Also, I'd like to point out the "during school hours part"

Quit skipping class, keep your dumb *** in there, get an education and you won't get hit during school hours.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 11:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Amfortas said:

Did posting that make you feel better?
I get the feeling you and OP have a few things similar, especially in the lacking of common sense department. :/

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well, also, if you don't know how to use the crosswalk and not run into the street like a moron by the time you're in high school, you deserve to get hit. high school shouldn't get any special treatment in this department really. It's understanding of little kids, but of high schoolers, nah. If they get hit, it's their own stupidity.

Also, I'd like to point out the "during school hours part"

Quit skipping class, keep your dumb *** in there, get an education and you won't get hit during school hours.
pedestrians always have right of way, i'm sure they teach this :P
not saying it's wrong to look both ways...but automatically assuming all pedestrians don't look both ways is a bit silly IMO.
I have a friend who was hit by a car that ran a red light in a school zone for example.
He wasn't going godly fast, but I mean looking both ways can only go so far.
It takes two to tango so to speak.
also where did this skipping from class stuff come from exactly?
i can see where you can get into that...but i just can't identify where it came into play in the conversation..lol
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 11:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Rustytiger said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Muffincannon said:
Well, also, if you don't know how to use the crosswalk and not run into the street like a moron by the time you're in high school, you deserve to get hit. high school shouldn't get any special treatment in this department really. It's understanding of little kids, but of high schoolers, nah. If they get hit, it's their own stupidity. Also, I'd like to point out the "during school hours part" Quit skipping class, keep your dumb *** in there, get an education and you won't get hit during school hours.

Well thats a better more detailed way of putting it as opposed to it being vauge earlier, at which now I won't argue with you on that note. Trust me, half my class were potheads and snobs who thought they knew everything. I stuck by my books thankfully ;).