Got Talked To Today At Work :s

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Got talked to today at work :s
Got talked to today at work :s
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Muffincannon 2010-12-21 09:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much my attendance has been ***because I'm lame and my license got suspended and I have been depending on other people to get to work lately.

I'm suppose to get getting a better job position next week, starting at 10:30pm rather at 4am. .. yeah its a *** getting someone to take you at a time like that .-.;

Anyways, I pretty much gave them the current position I'm in and had been reviewed the days I had missed, which came to a total of 5, 2 of which were because I was lacking a ride, 1 I was sick, and the other 2 I apparently never called in, and I had asked if I could know the days and they couldn't give it to me, wtf?

so I just want others constructive criticism about this and what they have to say, do you think I'm going to be discharged or will I be able to recover from this? I had only been working there for a month-ish and was told they were going to talk to the person in Human Resources about it and they would get back to me by the end of the week, so I have off tomorrow and Thursday so I wont be seeing them until Friday.

Thoughts? o:

[edit] - and yeah I know I let this happen because I was not responsible on my behalf and what not :s
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-12-21 09:59:49
Link | Citer | R

1 month and you missed 5 days xD

Just saying its not looking good.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-21 10:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Uh, most places have a 60-90 day "we can fire you for any reason" policy. I'd start looking for a new job. 5 days out of a month is terrible.

Edit:

Don't wait for them to fire you and THEN start looking for a job. Start now. Assume you're going to get fired.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 10:02:23
Link | Citer | R

on top of the fact you didnt call in those THREE times.

your job will not end well.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-21 10:03:45
Link | Citer | R

"was told they were going to talk to the person in Human Resources about it and they would get back to me by the end of the week, so I have off tomorrow and Thursday so I wont be seeing them until Friday"

This right here is your death lol.

Sorry to hear the troubles but any work place wants dependability and with the current situation you aren't a proper match for them as they will probably replace you with someone eager to work and able to come in their own car every day.

Most places have contracts you literally sign saying you have dependable transportation to work.

The entire reason i think this is too late for you is the fact they mention even talking to HR. You should have offered to try and come in on your days off to make up for the days you missed to show them you are trying.

No trolling or flaming here just straight facts... I'd honestly start looking for new work >_<

Good luck and i hope it works out otherwise for you.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 10:07:49
Link | Citer | R

public transport ftw!
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-12-21 10:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
public transport ftw!
I'd have to drive 13 miles to get to a bus stop lol.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 10:09:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
public transport ftw!
I'd have to drive 13 miles to get to a bus stop lol.
***, if transport is a problem, then get hours when you know you can get a ride, or rely on a co-worker who isnt a douchenozzle
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-12-21 10:10:36
Link | Citer | R

How did you get your license suspended xD

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-12-21 10:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
***, if transport is a problem, then get hours when you know you can get a ride, or rely on a co-worker who isnt a douchenozzle
KFH spouts truth!

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-21 10:13:30
Link | Citer | R

There's an opening at my work :P I'm not going in for the foreseeable future.
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 10:21:17
Link | Citer | R

If anything, and if they are reasonable (which is rare nowadays) they will give you a slap on the wrist. You definately have to call in if you either cant make it or will be running in late to work. Pulling no-shows hurts you. If you call in sick produce a doctor's note somehow. It saves your @ss, trust me.

As mentioned earlier too, change your shift around if it will make things easier, provided that your boss(es) have an opening for you.

The way the job market is these days you have to be careful with how things are handled and to take steps to make sure your job position is protected and maintained.
 Asura.Katniss
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2010-12-21 10:26:13
Link | Citer | R

5 days? lol
I've been sick 7 days during the last 2 years.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2010-12-21 10:29:16
Link | Citer | R

as someone else posted it depends are you an employee or contracted?
did you ever sign anything that says can terminate you for any reason they see fit?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 10:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
How did you get your license suspended xD
alcohol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-21 10:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Ride a bike to the bus stop. Bus the rest of the way.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-21 10:32:38
Link | Citer | R

If my license got suspended I would have kept driving.

The car im driving atm is illegal to drive because it didn't pass the yearly checkup. I take my chances though, because the chances of me beeing pulled over otw to work is minimal and a risk I'm willing to take to keep my job.

Not driving and losing my job is way worse than driving and get caught and have to pay a fine imo.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-12-21 10:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Katniss said:
5 days? lol

I've called in way more but the thing is on the very 1st month of employment O.O

Most jobs here have a 3 month probational period where they can fire you for any reason. So yeah
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 10:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
SAY THAT AGAIN TIGER!!!!
 Asura.Katniss
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2010-12-21 10:37:07
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Asura.Katniss said:
5 days? lol

I've called in way more but the thing is on the very 1st month of employment O.O

Most jobs here have a 3 month probational period where they can fire you for any reason. So yeah

same here. and i'm not a pussy who stays at home because i have a little cold lol. only reason i stay at home is stuff like fever, puking or w/e.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-21 10:38:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
If my license got suspended I would have kept driving.

The car im driving atm is illegal to drive because it didn't pass the yearly checkup. I take my chances though, because the chances of me beeing pulled over otw to work is minimal and a risk I'm willing to take to keep my job.

Not driving and losing my job is way worse than driving and get caught and have to pay a fine imo.
As well as potential jail time and still losing your job. (especially on repeat offenses, so even if doesn't happen the first time, you'd have to come up with a new plan at that point.)

And it's not just getting pulled over. If someone hits you, even a fender bender, you're gonna get busted.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-21 10:38:43
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
SAY THAT AGAIN TIGER!!!!
I woulda just said bike the whole way but then I know i woulda got "but zomg it's X miles!"
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-21 10:40:24
Link | Citer | R

Get a moped and change jobs or try and show them that you're worth a damn by coming in on time for the next couple months.

If that's not feasible, try to find a work location closer to you.

You really have no excuse for not calling in to work other than sleeping late. And even then, you should call the moment you wake up and realize you'll be late/miss.
By Muffincannon 2010-12-21 10:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
on top of the fact you didnt call in those THREE times.

your job will not end well.

They still couldn't show me the evidence of this, I only know of the one time and it was when I mis-read my schedule on the first week thinking I started at 5:30am instead of 4, when really the schedule said 5:30pm .-.; so I came in at 5:30am instead of 4, and they said they directly marked it as me not even coming in, tho when I came to work that day they said there was no trailer for me to be trained on, and sent me home.

Siren.Clinpachi said:
"was told they were going to talk to the person in Human Resources about it and they would get back to me by the end of the week, so I have off tomorrow and Thursday so I wont be seeing them until Friday"

This right here is your death lol.

Sorry to hear the troubles but any work place wants dependability and with the current situation you aren't a proper match for them as they will probably replace you with someone eager to work and able to come in their own car every day.

Most places have contracts you literally sign saying you have dependable transportation to work.

The entire reason i think this is too late for you is the fact they mention even talking to HR. You should have offered to try and come in on your days off to make up for the days you missed to show them you are trying.

No trolling or flaming here just straight facts... I'd honestly start looking for new work >_<

Good luck and i hope it works out otherwise for you.

I'm on good ground with the people in HR, and with my supervisors, just hoping that will be enough to bridge this gap, Friday would be the last time I would have to come in at this shitty hours and I told them that starting at a much earlier time is far better for me.

Yeah I've already started looking for another job, got a few places I'm going to submit a resume to, as well as a few sub-par jobs that I know would hire..

Oh well no one else to blame but myself, and they wouldn't allow me to work on my days off, I had asked that during the little talk we had.

I'm curious how the person who calls in 4-5 times a week still has a job there... yet I'm the one in the current position tho I know I'm Pre - 90days still.

It's going to be a long next 2 days ;;
By Muffincannon 2010-12-21 10:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
SAY THAT AGAIN TIGER!!!!
I woulda just said bike the whole way but then I know i woulda got "but zomg it's X miles!"

D: I would totally do this if it were not below zero every night, *** hate Illinois..

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6