dnc and /nin enfeebles
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 22:46:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Well, selling the MAcc set I bought. This is all ***, landing rates are floored.

I'm still stuck at hovering hotpot, so I can't try anything right now, but that's what I'd expect from a mathematical standpoint. The mathematical estimates I gave earlier were very generous to the "this ***might actually land" side of things and they still didn't come out pretty.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 22:47:49
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Well, selling the MAcc set I bought. This is all ***, landing rates are floored.
I'm still stuck at hovering hotpot, so I can't try anything right now, but that's what I'd expect from a mathematical standpoint. The mathematical estimates I gave earlier were very generous to the "this ***might actually land" side of things and they still didn't come out pretty.
OH snap I gotta do that again next for my gun... (2nd gun I'm made rage) Hate that nm so much... especailly ya know doing it and the PHers on rng
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 22:51:17
Link | Citer | R

I've been really lucky on respawn times. Woke up for 2 hours last night and it popped before I went back to sleep. Woke up this morning, sup maintenance, came back, serket popped an hour after maint, hotpot ~2hrs after maint. AFK'd a while, came back, killed PHs for an hour or so, hotpot spawned right before dynamis. Now, I'm back and hoping it'll spawn quickly so I can go and solo some Yacuwhatsits.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 23:07:12
Link | Citer | R

YOu are one lucky ***... first time I went to camp it 6 hours later I decide to take a nap and ask my gf to occasionally watch it since I had it in my seacom. Sure enough an hour later I get like 5 tells asking if I needed it and to team up and she pretends she had no idea what they were talking about... so I wake like an hour after and it doesn't pop for another 8 hours.

Most the other pops where a good 4-6 hours of Pher killing
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 23:25:23
Link | Citer | R

With my usual luck, this one will take 18-20 hours like the horror stories on Wiki ;-;
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-12 23:35:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
seems to be working perfectly fine for me

Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 23:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Well, it doesn't make any sense that it works for you and doesn't seem to work for others.

Something's up!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-12 23:56:25
Link | Citer | R

*** yes, that WHM is /BRD, I knew I wasn't alone!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 00:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Just for kicks, this would be an "ideal" set for landing Ninjutsu as DNC/NIN. Artemis' Medal in moon phases where it gives more than 7macc, but I would probably just use the ninjutsu torque all the time because it's better most of the time.

I still doubt it would work.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-13 02:31:50
Link | Citer | R

have to admit this surprised me

[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 02:43:21
Link | Citer | R

I just don't get it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 02:50:54
Link | Citer | R

I just don't get it.
Yuna is just magical somehow
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 02:52:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna go with JP button. Somehow, she's unlocked it.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-13 03:01:46
Link | Citer | R

i should edit my screenshots to show a jp button on there lol. on another note for mobs that i've had an incredibly hard time sticking something on i went ahead and kleos->evisceration->darkness-> magic burst blind and sticks rather nicely.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 03:23:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-13 03:25:29
Link | Citer | R

from now on any pics i put in this topic will have that xD
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 03:28:20
Link | Citer | R

w
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 05:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Finally finished Hotpot, so I'm in abysssea doing some testing on this as I type this.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-13 05:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Yuna is cat, and cat has cat butt. Cat butt is the answer to all life's problems, not least of which is landing ninjutsu successfully as a subjob.

(most Mithra I know are actually insanely lucky as far as drops go; I always call it cat luck - it WORKS).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 06:49:35
Link | Citer | R

All right, I'm done screwing around with what I'm calling my "Feasibility test." I do NOT have access to optimal DNC macc gear. Yuna is using Full Nebula + Artemis which in tonights conditions should give around 34 macc. I was using 2 pieces of nebula and Artemis, which totals to about 18 macc. So there is a 16 macc difference between us, but this shouldn't really matter once you see the results from my test:

I tested only Kurayami: Ni, as Ni ninjutsu supposedly have higher accuracy and it's really the only ninjutsu enfeeble worth casting from /NIN. Hojo and Jubaku ichi are essentially a waste of your time as the equivalents from a competent mage will be more potent. Solo, solo, blah blah blah, this is where you tell me soloing is awesome and this is where I tell you it's inefficient, get some trigger *** a thief and a mage and have a far more productive evening (this is a multiplayer game, anyway :P).

My first test was on Darksday. I thought I'd give Kurayami an easy time. The target mobs were DC Ectozoons in Abyssea-Uleguerand, 20 reps. I used RR/GH/Apoc atmas:

DNC90/NIN45 Kurayami: Ni vs. DC Ectozoons on Darksday, standard Melee Atmas

Lands: 5
Resists: 15

HIT RATE: 20-30%

Hmm, that's looking actually a lot higher than I expected. Let's try it again on not-darksday.

DNC90/NIN45 Kurayami: Ni vs. DC Exozoons on Firesday, standard Melee Atmas

Lands:2
Resists: 18

HIT RATE: 5-15%

This is much closer to the range I'd expect. Now, I am missing 16+ macc from Yuna, but assuming the high estimate of 15%, you'd need 90 Macc to go from 15% to a 70% hit rate as estimated by Yuna, so I don't think that this is what's wrong.

Anyway, let's see if the max amount of Macc obtainable from DNC gear really IS what's setting me back. We'll try it with Atma of the Merciless Matriarch in place of our 3rd melee atma (Apoc). This is Macc superior, but there's not really a known value yet?

DNC90/NIN45 Kurayami: Ni vs. DC Entozoons on Firesday, Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn, and Merciless Matriarch (Macc: Superior)

Lands: 7
Resists: 13

Hit Rate: 30-40%

This is roughly consistent with Merciless Matriarch giving somewhere beteeen 50 and 60 macc, as below 50% hit rate, each +1 macc contributes +0.5% magic hit rate. In other words, Expect to get still get resisted MOST of the time when you use this atma combination.

Just to see how far I could push it, I dropped RR atma in favor of another Macc atma (Impregnable Tower)

Kurayami: Ni vs. DC Ectozoons on Firesday, Gnarled Horn, Impregnable tower, and Merciless Matriarch atmas.

Lands: 15
Resists: 5

HIT RATE: 70-80%

This is roughly consistent with IT giving between 35-50 macc. If I had to take a guess I'd say MM is 50 and IT is 40. Finally we have a great hit rate, but we had to sacrifice 2/3 of our other potential to do it.

IN SUMMARY: It takes a significant investment to reliably land Kuryami: Ni on weaker mobs (DC, normal mobs) and the investment required will likely scale up given stronger mobs and notorious monsters barring significant weaknesses on the foe's end. Hence, it's probably not worth the inventory investment or time spent on failed casts, especially if there are mage enfeeblers available. All mages commonly used to trigger in Abyssea (BLU, BLM, RDM, WHM) have more reliable enfeebles and in all cases there is at least one mage-enfeeble which is more potent than the available enfeebles from /NIN. (Slow, Paralyze, Slow II, Filamented Hold, SubZero Smash, Paralyze II from BLU+RDM+WHM > Jubakuichi and Hojoichi, Auroral Drape from BLU > Kurayami: Ni etc.). If you really want to do this it's your space/gil, but I can't say the prospects are very good for /NIN enfeebling to become common practice.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-13 07:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Iirc, 1 MAcc = 1% hit rate, instead of .5 like melee. Your first two samples are likely below the floor.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 08:03:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Iirc, 1 MAcc = 1% hit rate, instead of .5 like melee. Your first two samples are likely below the floor.
Macc is 0.5% hit rate until 50% and 1% hit rate after 50%.

Original JP tests showing this

Even so, at the floor, if you have a 5% landing rate on full kurayami, you'll also get a 4.75% landing rate on half resisted kurayamis.

I'm being very generous in the calculations above because I allow half-resisted kuryamis to count as full lands.

Edit: I did, however, consider statistical likelihood of half-resists when estimated the +macc from the atmas. I'm relatively sure Rani's is +50 but I can't get a very good estimate on Yaanei's. Note that taking half-resists into account almost certainly puts the first two samples through the floor.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 08:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Also, it's worth noting that with the optimal DNC ninjutsu set I posted earlier and Impregnable tower atma, you should reach or at least approach the landing rate I had with Merciless + Impregnable.

This is ASSUMING that I'm right about the +Macc from Rani. If her atma actually gives a much greater amount of +macc than I estimated, then there would be virtually no way to have a reliable land rate with standard atmas and a dedicated set.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-13 10:05:16
Link | Citer | R

That's 11 items that I have no other reason to carry around and one Atma that I have no reason to use (Impregnable tower).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 10:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
That's 11 items that I have no other reason to carry around and one Atma that I have no reason to use (Impregnable tower).

I agree 100%.

Edit: Also, the landing rate I got was on DC mobs so....that makes it even less useful.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-13 10:44:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm a little shocked you could get off the floor. I would have expected needing ~150 MAcc to even hit the floor from /NIN Ninjutsu skill.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 10:53:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if there is one, but is there a level correction function for magic hit rate?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-13 11:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Just to see how far I could push it, I dropped RR atma in favor of another Macc atma (Impregnable Tower)

Kurayami: Ni vs. DC Ectozoons on Firesday, Gnarled Horn, Impregnable tower, and Merciless Matriarch atmas.

This is roughly consistent with IT giving between 35-50 macc. If I had to take a guess I'd say MM is 50 and IT is 40. Finally we have a great hit rate, but we had to sacrifice 2/3 of our other potential to do it.
this is consistant with the rates i have with tower alone, i hadn't thought about ninjutsu skill (herp derp) i'll work on atleast getting the cape and may consider getting the earring as well.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 11:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

this is consistant with the rates i have with tower alone, i hadn't thought about ninjutsu skill (herp derp) i'll work on atleast getting the cape and may consider getting the earring as well.

You should repeat my test, if you get a chance. I don't see how the ~20ish difference in Macc from our gear could contribute such an incredible difference in hit rate.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-13 11:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

You should repeat my test, if you get a chance. I don't see how the ~20ish difference in Macc from our gear could contribute such an incredible difference in hit rate.
i will in a bit, that optimal set is really roughly 13 ninjutsu and 9 macc better than what i have alone, so it's not to far off. also may i suggest trying on an NM, i actually have about the same/easier rate of landing enfeebles on NMs (wtf logic is that idk but it does indeed feel that way)