dnc and /nin enfeebles
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 16:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I bought some Nebula Slops/Cuffs +1. I've been meaning to do it to test the Fast Cast anyway. The new Utsusemi neck and the new Fast Cast gear (Nebula HQ Body/Hands/Legs) with Loquacious may potentially let us cast Ichi reliably between monster swings.

Anyway, the new gear should give me moderately comparable set to yours if I un-store it.

Blah, I really wish we had about 100 active inventory.

My Utsu1 set lets me do that pretty well especially if slow has been landed. Mirke is +5 fast cast +10 eva. Emerald is +5 eva +1 agi. Dark rings are both -4% spell interrupt.

I'd imagine with the additional fast cast from nebula+1 it'd work even better, but it's not really an available option on my server atm.

Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-12 16:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
The MND+ on Miseria Ring's latent makes it easy to check if it works (I bought it too thinking it would work, but sold it back).

I virtually never use Impregnable tower atma, though. My atma choice goes like this:

1.) Do I need to resist death? Yes: Cloak and Dagger, No ---> 2.)

2.) Am I going to me ramsacked by damage of a specific element? (Orthrus + Dragua + Dhormke Khimaira say hi) Yes---> +100 resist atma (with barspell you have +245 resist, which is enough to mitigate most of the damage) of that element. No ---> 3.)

3.) Is the NM particularly evasive (Indrik)? Yes.) ---> Atma of the Sand Emperor (in my experience the acc/evasion on this are higher than C+D) No ---> 4.)

4.) Atma of the Apocalypse

I haven't needed more than the 2600 - 3000 HP I have with just cruor buffs since I finished my MDT set.
in my experience lately things that can out right kill you you cant evade and pierces shadows, and specific resist atma is nice but to situational to the mob you are fighting so you have to find yourself changing your atma often.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 16:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

amusing note we had a 90whm/29brd with us last night and he landed horde lullaby 2 out of 2 times on our blu that got charmed by the coarse, i'd assume brd skills work similarly. (was pretty amusing since we didnt have sleepga ready-to-use so we tried to burn his shadows, i ended up blinding him and the whm dia'd him like a goof)

They do work similarly (using dCHR), however, the WHM was likely using a staff to help it land.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-12 16:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

amusing note we had a 90whm/29brd with us last night and he landed horde lullaby 2 out of 2 times on our blu that got charmed by the coarse, i'd assume brd skills work similarly. (was pretty amusing since we didnt have sleepga ready-to-use so we tried to burn his shadows, i ended up blinding him and the whm dia'd him like a goof)

They do work similarly (using dCHR), however, the WHM was likely using a staff to help it land.
club lol (liked to melee more often than haste)
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 16:17:04
Link | Citer | R

I love GH... everytime I think of using something else I /slap myself. THere are times I'd definitely use it over RR
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 16:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and I change atmas ALMOST as often as I change gear :P

Okay, not really, but usually we do a few of the same NM in a row and I'll switch atmas before we go to the next mob. Doesn't everyone? :x

245 resist is just too good to give up when a mob spams gas or strong TP moves of a specific element. It's always RR + GH and _______, I wouldn't give up the first 2 for anything :X
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 16:21:27
Link | Citer | R

I need more of the resist ones.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 16:25:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

They're amazing. With Barspell + resist atma, I take 150dmg on average from Ga-IVs (note that I'm also switching into capped MDT- for these). I don't even try to stun them anymore, because they do negligible damage and distract the NM for a while.

If you time your casts right, you can make utsu go off right as the spell lands on you and before the mob exits the casting animation.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-12 16:25:44
Link | Citer | R

idk i know apoc's quick magic has saved my *** numerous times, it seems to activate when i really need it (jp button gooooooo) had it do a quick magic'd utsu ichi right before a T5 nuke went off last night.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 16:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Tier 5 nuke, shmier 5 nuke.

Sup resist atma?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 16:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
They're amazing. With Barspell + resist atma, I take 150dmg on average from Ga-IVs (note that I'm also switching into capped MDT- for these). I don't even try to stun them anymore, because they do negligible damage and distract the NM for a while.

If you time your casts right, you can make utsu go off right as the spell lands on you and before the mob exits the casting animation.
Yeah don't really have a MDT set for my let alone a capped one. Plus I dislike not tping in haste gears.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 16:31:03
Link | Citer | R

The only time I'd TP in MDT is on like...Indrik maybe where he can do Insta-Rape-Your-Face-Horn Lazer. But only if he got a few Damsel Mementos off already.

I have MDT bound to CTRL+8. It's my "Oh ***" button. It even echoes "Oh ***" into my client.

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 16:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Idk so many mobs cast so rediculously fast nowadays and do tp moves so fast I really don't want to count on my reflexes and hovering to go to mdt... especially while keeping track of shadows and hate and ***.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 16:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Depending on the TP move, it can be impossible to MDT it away, GoH and Orthrus's HQ version of it are exceptions in that they have such a long ready time, however just about every -ga IV and most -ga IIIs are slow enough that you have time to fail to stun and switch to MDT before it goes off.

Addle on the mob makes it even easier.

MDT is particularly easy to make a set for, though since Shell is included in the calcualtion. I have it capped with Hat, Body, Neck, Earrings, and rings.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 16:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Depends on the mob... I'm just so used to these insta cast nms. Which is alot of them nowadays
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-12 16:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Depends on the mob... I'm just so used to these insta cast nms. Which is alot of them nowadays
quite true, most of the time i find myself leaving my mdt set in storage because of this
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-12 16:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Yeah don't really have a MDT set for my let alone a capped one. Plus I dislike not tping in haste gears.

I never tp in haste gear lowmanning. Might have like 7% tops. Survival > DPS

Edit: clunky xbox macros
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 16:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but I want to keep hates!!!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 17:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
quite true, most of the time i find myself leaving my mdt set in storage because of this

I'm not aware of anything that instacasts -ga IVs. Everything I've fought lately allows plenty of time to attempt to stun and switch to MDT.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 17:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'm not aware of anything that instacasts -ga IVs. Everything I've fought lately allows plenty of time to attempt to stun and switch to MDT.
Maybe not ga IVs... but definitely Ga IIIs. Don't really pay attention to tier anymore. Um Heqet and lord varney do off the top of my head
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 17:24:04
Link | Citer | R

You definitely have time to switch for Varney's -Ga spells, but there's a narrow window where you have to hit the macro. You pretty much either have to have shadows up or just eat the damage for his single target spells, though.

Heqet, I dunno. It's usually dead before it has a chance to do anything anyway.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-12 17:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

anything that has a decent cast time like ga4's should be an easy stun with violent anyways, even more so with tower. (i missed a stun last night and raged for a good 5 minutes because missing with it is rare lol)
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 17:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

anything that has a decent cast time like ga4's should be an easy stun with violent anyways, even more so with tower. (i missed a stun last night and raged for a good 5 minutes because missing with it is rare lol)

In my experience, most of the things Violent Flourish will actually land on, the magic damage isn't really much of an issue in the first place.

Most of the T3s and even some of the T2s in Heroes Areas are either highly resistant or impossible to stun with Violent flourish. I can't land stun on Orthrus with relic body + macc gear + ascetics, for example. I don't have access to a ton of macc gear at the moment, but seeing as I have a 0% land rate at the moment (in a lot of orthruses lol), I don't think macc is going to help much.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-12 17:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

In my experience, most of the things Violent Flourish will actually land on, the magic damage isn't really much of an issue in the first place.

Most of the T3s and even some of the T2s in Heroes Areas are either highly resistant or impossible to stun with Violent flourish. I can't land stun on Orthrus with relic body + macc gear + ascetics, for example. I don't have access to a ton of macc gear at the moment, but seeing as I have a 0% land rate at the moment (in a lot of orthruses lol), I don't think macc is going to help much.
i cant really vouch for orthrus since i think i was on sch when i fought him anyways, but cerbs are naturally resiliant to violent flourish to begin with iirc
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 17:37:06
Link | Citer | R

I don't remember if I had any success on Amarok, but I think I didn't.
I think I landed it ONCE on Dhorme Khimaira, and then it never landed again. I wouldn't risk it on Apademak. Dragua is immune to stun period, I think. Fuath builds resistance to stun, as far as I can tell. Pretty sure Isgebind resists it.

Heroes is not particularly Violent Flourish friendly. Although Hedjedjet stuns just fine.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-12 17:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Are the magic Eva or mdb kila daggers worth switching to for ***like this? Im THF, not dnc, so I can't stun and just need to eat it. I'm just wondering if they re worth the hassle.

(hassle as in, is it worth spending my 12 hour nightshifts doing)

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-12 17:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Are the magic Eva or mdb kila daggers worth switching to for ***like this? Im THF, not dnc, so I can't stun and just need to eat it. I'm just wondering if they re worth the hassle.

(hassle as in, is it worth spending my 12 hour nightshifts doing)

i actually started working on one a month or so ago, just reminded me that i need to finish it
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 18:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Probably not. As a THF, you can wear all the -MDT and MDB gear I can wear. The only way I'd say it's worth it is if you were solo so you didn't have Shell V to cap out MDT. But soloing is inefficient, so I'd still tell you to get a mage :P
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-12 18:06:00
Link | Citer | R

Hi2u FoV buffs before anything big. ***is amazing. All I'm missing Is barspells.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-12 22:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Well, selling the MAcc set I bought. This is all ***, landing rates are floored.