List NMs that you can't kill with MNK + WHM only
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-16 13:56:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm done with linkshell, and I'm trying to figure out how much I can accomplish on my own. I know there will be a couple things I will need to get assistance from friends for, but for the most part I'll be doing MNK + WHM dual box. I know there are assloads of NMs that can be killed with this setup, but I'm trying to make a list of things I will need help with.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
By Nemesio 2010-12-16 13:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Gear both well, and nothing.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-16 14:00:28
Link | Citer | R

kind of a loaded question OP, because in abyssea, if you have say.. verethragna... your mnk can duo a *** TON of NMs... serious. Caturae included (mostly...i dont think the new ones, but i'm not 100% sure)

edit: but just off the top of my head, i'd say the new cactuar in altepa, because it can do ??? needles, which has been reported of doing 62k dmg.. so you'd need a nin main tank for that, for migawari
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-16 14:03:46
Link | Citer | R

I don't have verethragna, but I have the coins to finish revenant, so I will be doing that now.

It's not a loaded question and I know you can kill a *** with the setup. I'm only interested in what you can't kill with the setup. Thus the question.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 14:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Cant kill AV and rani/raja
I dont know how your dual box skill are but you would prolly have a bit of hard time with some zone boss in the heroes zone.Some nms like sedna might be a bit hard to dual box too.

Maybe I'm wrong correct me if so

EDIT: KB???!Vrtra??!! Kirin???! forget AV/KB ect if you meant abyssea onry

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-16 14:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Cant kill AV and rani/raja
I dont know how your dual box skill are but you would prolly have a bit of hard time with some zone boss in the heroes zone.Some nms like sedna might be a bit hard to dual box too.

Maybe I'm wrong correct me if so

EDIT: KB???!Vrtra??!! Kirin???! forget AV/KB ect if you meant abyssea onry
I've seen Sedna killed by WHM + MNK dual box! :P

I don't think you could dual box Bukhis! Though maybe you can it has been a while since i've fought him.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-16 14:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Sorry I forgot to say Abyssea only. I don't care about all those other NMs Vaness. My fault for not mentioning.

Yes Mabrook, I'm done with all linkshells. I'm going to be a one man dual box army for the most part. I have friends that would help me on the ones that I can't manage. That's why I'm trying to put together a list.

Adding Bukhis to the list. I will have to give it a run, but I remember fighting him. It would be a *** and a half dual boxing by myself.

Sedna is doable. Adding Rani to the list as well unless I want to burn a brew.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-19 16:37:24
Link | Citer | R

I'd be interested to know if whm + mnk could do Chloris and Ulhuadshi.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-19 16:40:27
Link | Citer | R

chloris yes.... ulhuadshi.... probably, but not too efficient.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-19 16:46:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Adding Rani to the list as well unless I want to burn a brew.

even with Brew Rani might kill you..it has charm..and spam meteor..not the most fun NM out there.. we ran into snags cuz our brew'd mnk got charmed @5% or so...and i think it has like massive regen... took a 2nd brew'd mnk to kill it, because ***got hairy.. so Rani..is a definite no (btw both mnks had relics... one has 85 spharai, one had 85 verethragna...) benediction to 9999 hp on the mnk dont mean ***if you get charmed >_>
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-19 16:49:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure you could kill Raja with only MNK+WHM, would be willing to bet money on it. I wouldn't brewburn Shinryu with MNK+WHM either, it's doable but it's not 100%.

There's honestly not too much you can't do with just MNK+WHM. Haven't tried the stupid Khimaira NM in Abyssea - Uleguerand since the one time but I doubt you could MNK+WHM that either, even with meds. You'd probably need a BRD to SV at the very least and a boatload of meds and like terror screen etc.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-19 16:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
I have access to 3 characters, what job would be best paired with whm and mnk for Ulhuadshi?
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-19 17:01:48
Link | Citer | R

I have access to 3 characters, what job would be best paired with whm and mnk for Ulhuadshi?

Pretty sure RDM/NIN can essentially solo it, unless I'm terribly mistaken, or at the very least hold/solo it if the MNK dies.
 Cerberus.Weegie
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Weegie
By Cerberus.Weegie 2010-12-19 17:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Hvousnassa or whatever that fish is called in Vunkerl Inlet. I've seen him take down MNK WHM BRD trio a few times at 85. With a 3rd atma (particualrly ones blocking water) and level 90 it might not be so bad. Its the hardest low man mob I've seen that another combo might succeed on.

Giant worms could prove difficult. Anything with super high regain and hate reset would be an issue.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-19 17:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Weegie said:
Anything with super high regain and hate reset would be an issue.

WHM can always /NIN. Of course /SCH is preferred for most stuff in the game but when it comes down to awful ***, /NIN is always great.

FIXED BECAUSE TIGER IS A GRAMMAR? NAZI!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-19 17:22:26
Link | Citer | R

No Ninnies :( you can't do that.

the / indicates sub. You're saying sub sub nin :(

It's either sub nin or go /nin but not sub /nin ><!
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-19 17:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
No Ninnies :( you can't do that.

the / indicates sub. You're saying sub sub nin :(

It's either sub nin or go /nin but not sub /nin ><!

OH OOPS, you're right. SORRY I'M BUSY DYING TO STUFF AND ***~ :<
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2010-12-19 18:04:47
Link | Citer | R

Well I generally duo a lot of things with my wife mnk/war + whm/sch .Hrosshvalur the fish is vunkerl is really weak if whm gets into a corner can always cast cure no matter what. Generally I like killing other NM (octopus and sedna). I use RR+EH+SS gives me over 4k hp to play with however if I have water Def Atma I would go with it on those 3 NMs. I have seen Eccentric Eve duo'd by a JP mnk(w/ Verethragna (85))+ whm. Seen Ulhuadshi taken down by relic drk + whm. so whatever drk can do mnk can do better so im guessing that is also very doable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-19 21:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Amphitrite, Azdaja are 2 i don't see happening, i guess with brew you can switch weapons on Amph for a ele ws. I haven't fought Rani/Raja, but people always seem to blow things up when they talk about fights, with just a MNK dding something TP moves aren't very common unless the NM has potent regain/stp making charmga less likely.
Amphitrite wouldn't be too bad, have the WHM spam T1 nukes when he switches to absorbing physical damage. If you go /BLM you can also stun the occasional aga3.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-12-19 21:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
kind of a loaded question OP, because in abyssea, if you have say.. verethragna... your mnk can duo a *** TON of NMs... serious. Caturae included (mostly...i dont think the new ones, but i'm not 100% sure) edit: but just off the top of my head, i'd say the new cactuar in altepa, because it can do ??? needles, which has been reported of doing 62k dmg.. so you'd need a nin main tank for that, for migawari

Ive duod Yaanei with my ***mnk, no Verth or even WOE wepp.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-19 21:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Smite really has very little impact on your ability to kill something. If your healer is spending MP too quickly then yeah the boost to damage output is nice so it hopefully dies before you do, but practically speaking the number of NMs where Smite would actually make a significant difference is very small if not nonexistant.

Spharai on the other hand may open up some possibilities, but... relics :\
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-20 11:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Farmed sets for Sobek, Amuhluk, and CC this weekend. Then killed Sobek and CC dual box with no issues. Going to attempt Amuhluk either today or tomorrow. I've got 6 completed +2 pants now and halfway done my 7th and 8th pairs. Once I finish the pants for all the jobs I want, I'll move to a different zone.

So far so good though. I was able to proc both grellow on both of them thanks to it being light day and the whm being able to cover a lot of the light and dark spells.

How do you think I should determine the next zone to farm after I finish all my +2 pants? I was thinking of just picking a name out of a hat.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-20 11:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Look at the NMs in the zones in question. Misareaux NMwise is considerably easier than the others on the whole.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-20 11:28:25
Link | Citer | R

mnk + whm = can duo everything in abyssea o-o
even rani/raja

ftw
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-20 11:42:13
Link | Citer | R

You're right Raen. Volk, I don't plan to use a brew unless ***gets really hairy.

Bukhis is really the only NM in vunkerl that has me worried for that zone. The corse will probably be the hardest in attowha. Other than those two, the others in those zones don't seem like they will be all that bad.

I still haven't gone so in depth in the three new zones to know what will be horrible or not. I'd imagine Bennu would be easy. The scorpion will probably be a pain in the *** though.

Either way, still lots of testing to be had. Thanks to those of you that provided some info.
 Diabolos.Megatron
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2010-12-20 12:11:42
Link | Citer | R

you know what i need a freaking Atma abv. chart to keep track of all of them. i Know RR = raised ruin but no idea wha the otehr 2 are

our normal group is a nin, a mnk, blu, whm, blm & brd.
we dont proc mant of the Red !! but we tear up lots of the yellow!!
but very few nms can stand up to the team. tis not fast kils but these nms are designed to draw it out. and you cna bypass the primal brew by buyingthe items fro mthe dominion opps guy liek the amnisa drink the doom drink and otehrs that help u bypass those nasty nm moves.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-20 12:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Well my team is me and myself, which is why I was asking about which NMs were a possible kill with only two characters. I'd imagine everything is killable with 6 people.

6 people is a lot more effective than 1 player on 2 characters. But I don't have that luxury, thus the reason I started this thread. At best I can usually count on 1-2 other people to help every once in a while when they aren't busy with their LS events.
 Diabolos.Megatron
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2010-12-20 12:26:19
Link | Citer | R

well lets see waht ive duoed
the charots in the range.
the buffllo in the range.
the tiger in the range.
the diremite in teh range. for the zone boss pop.

the roc for teh zone boss pop
the roc zone boss

the moth in attawa
the skeleton in atawa

ive also doen some duoing as 2 blms usung the kite methods. but your problly not intrested in those. once u learn the spot and method most bosses are pretty weak to bot hsetups. if one cant do it the other can.

jsut having custom macros so if im blinking i can still heal and remove status alments. as well as to use items on myself. saves the day and makes dual boxing a charm. if not dual boxing but just duoing with a friend. skype skype skype.
First Page 2