Not Bad New Stuff...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Not bad new stuff...
Not bad new stuff...
First Page 2
 Kujata.Thud
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-12-06 13:15:49
Link | Citer | R

To highlight a few...

Migawari: Ichi
NIN Lv.88
Teaches the ninjutsu Migawari: Ichi.
Uses the ninja tool, "mokujin." Makes you immune from severely damaging attacks.

Iga Mimikazari
Ear
Evasion+5
Enhances "Dual Wield" effect

Iga Ningi +2
Body
DEF:62 STR+12 DEX+12 Accuracy+17
Attack+17 Critical hit rate +5%
Enhances "Migawari" effect
Set: Augments "Dual Wield"

Magoraga Beads
Neck
AGI+2
"Utsusemi" spellcasting time -10%
 Bismarck.Amla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Amla
By Bismarck.Amla 2010-12-06 13:20:33
Link | Citer | R

liking the beads (especially cos i think it said multiple jobs!) ^-^
Serveur: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-06 13:22:25
Link | Citer | R

NIN Lv.88
Uses the ninja tool, "mokujin." Makes you immune from severely damaging attacks.

Hmm I wonder if it will work like titans skill or will it just be like a "list" of skills that will just fail while this is in effect.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-12-06 13:50:30
Link | Citer | R

You forgot the katana, ninja tools expertise, with lower ennemi critical evasion, look like more critical for everyone not a bad katanna i guess in a party if it's stack with the critical hit rate cap.
And with ninja tools elemental are more stronger the more you get ninjutsu skill, the hand could be a nice upgrade.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-06 16:24:13
Link | Citer | R

so curious.. still being a new NIN.. if you have AF3 body+2 will you full time it or will you TP in AF1+1 body and WS in AF3+2?

I guess part of it would depend if we just full time in all iga what the "augment dw" does
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-12-06 16:48:41
Link | Citer | R

It would also depend on how many other DW pieces you are using and how much haste you are getting in gear and spells.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2010-12-06 17:03:09
Link | Citer | R

anyone have a SS of new ninjutsu dmg?
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-06 17:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
NIN Lv.88

Hmm I wonder if it will work like titans skill or will it just be like a "list" of skills that will just fail while this is in effect.

Probably works the same way sentinel's scherzo works. except instead of just taking 5% dmg you take 0
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2010-12-06 17:23:41
Link | Citer | R

elemental wheel for ninja...

ichi doing 106
ni doing 204

all done to bees outside jeuno. /war, naked, no buffs.

unlocking a san spell to test

EDIT:unlocked Hyoton: San.
still /war, with Osode, the MAB/MAcc earring set, and HQ Staff
ichi: 155
ni: 298
san: 298
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-12-06 18:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Look like you can get AF body/hans in Grauberg. A friend got a nin body seal from Dominion npc as a reward, look like all AF seal can drop, but it's not 100% you can get nothing but only dominion points and exp.

So far my drop: sch / drk / drg seal, on 10~ try. after that we got 100% on dominion for worm we were able to pop a NM only drop trophy key item.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2010-12-07 03:28:18
Link | Citer | R

atma of beyond and MM, ascetics tonic, HQ staff, ulli neck, osode, MAB/MAcc set earrings...

Innin+Futae - Hyoton: Ni - 1251

:San (1 merit) - 708
:Ichi - 313

ichi and san front front of mob, so no Innin bonus
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-12-07 04:14:19
Link | Citer | R

You should try if you can Elemental Obi, i'd like to know if it's worth.
 Leviathan.Komachii
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2010-12-07 08:37:57
Link | Citer | R

dunno, missing DW off body and haste from hands, so far im not overly impressed by the last 2 pieces. Sure i could just get the new earrings and not lose DW, but then i miss my brutal. Really not sure, im not good when it comes to dmg calculation.
Sure you could get 24%haste from full +2 and haste7 belt, but those are out of my reach for now.
Looking forward to new spell, just hope triggering condition not as high as for scherzo.
Nuking makes me kinda excited, just dont have the inventory for a full tp/ws/eva/nuke setup,lol.
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-07 08:40:57
Link | Citer | R

On Wild Rabbits in East Ron my Hyoton: San did 1,123 before the update. After the update it now does 1,600ish.

Didn't have much time to test how much ninjutsu skill affects the DMG, however from what I can tell INT still will boost the damage the most.
1 INT still boosted more DMG then 5 skill, however it was only by around 1 DMG on the Wild Rabbits.

EDIT: I also messed around with Migawari in the desert. Out of 5 attempts 1,000 needles hit me for full DMG each and every time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Komachii
By Leviathan.Komachii 2010-12-07 08:53:17
Link | Citer | R

uhm, that makes it kinda meh, how much hp you had?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-07 09:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Komachii said:
uhm, that makes it kinda meh, how much hp you had?

Would of been somewhere in the range of 1,100~1,200. Tonight I'm going to go to Abyssea and test it with some other things like AoE magic and what not.

I'm thinking maybe it just doesn't work with 1,000 needles.

I had been in abyssea for 12 hours with no sleep from the night before so I was pretty much zombie-mode after abyssea, just ran to altep really quick to try it.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-08 05:46:19
Link | Citer | R

So looking at the numbers on san vs ni spells, anyone else thinking 5/5 san spell or stick with ni for the faster casts?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-08 06:59:21
Link | Citer | R

I used it some more yesterday during abyssea. Not once did it block DMG from Seismic Tail, Sickle Slash, any AoE DMG from Amhuluk, or any magic from Heqet.

Of course I wasn't keeping it up full time, but I did watch each time I cast it for at least something in the log.

I honestly have no idea how to make this ninjutsu spell work at all... Only thing I can really think is it just has a really low proc rate, or the damage you take has to be enough to 1-shot you from max HP.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-08 07:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said:
I used it some more yesterday during abyssea. Not once did it block DMG from Seismic Tail, Sickle Slash, any AoE DMG from Amhuluk, or any magic from Heqet.

Of course I wasn't keeping it up full time, but I did watch each time I cast it for at least something in the log.

I honestly have no idea how to make this ninjutsu spell work at all... Only thing I can really think is it just has a really low proc rate, or the damage you take has to be enough to 1-shot you from max HP.

If it works like the other "Mitigates severely damaging attacks" things, like Earthen Armor and Sentinels Scherzo or w/e, The attack has to do over 75% of your max HP to trigger the effect, though the threshold may vary from spell to spell.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-08 07:25:20
Link | Citer | R

That's what I thought it would be at first. I'm just not seeing anything at all from the spell. I could be totally just missing something though I really don't know.

I've only been looking to see if I totally resist the DMG because the description says "Makes you immune from severely damaging attacks." If it just takes some % DMG off I would of missed that no doubt about it.
 Leviathan.Komachii
By Leviathan.Komachii 2010-12-08 08:23:07
Link | Citer | R

regarding ninjutsu dmg btw, now that we have nice int atmas and nijutsu skill affecting dmg, koga hatsuburi a winner over yasha jinpachi? sry, not rly had time to play with my nuke nin recently.
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-08 11:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said:
That's what I thought it would be at first. I'm just not seeing anything at all from the spell. I could be totally just missing something though I really don't know. I've only been looking to see if I totally resist the DMG because the description says "Makes you immune from severely damaging attacks." If it just takes some % DMG off I would of missed that no doubt about it.
maybe try athamas ? sickle slash should be plenty strong to test the 75% theroy just dont keep shadows up lol.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-08 13:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Komachii said:
regarding ninjutsu dmg btw, now that we have nice int atmas and nijutsu skill affecting dmg, koga hatsuburi a winner over yasha jinpachi? sry, not rly had time to play with my nuke nin recently.
Guess it would just depend on what you're fighting, and how much DMG your nukes are already doing. I've always used Koga myself.

Leviathan.Optimis said:
maybe try athamas ? sickle slash should be plenty strong to test the 75% theroy just dont keep shadows up lol.
I tried it last night, and it also did not work... Well didn't make me immune to the DMG. It could of cut of some % of the DMG w/o me knowing.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-12-08 15:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
so curious.. still being a new NIN.. if you have AF3 body+2 will you full time it or will you TP in AF1+1 body and WS in AF3+2?

I guess part of it would depend if we just full time in all iga what the "augment dw" does

I'd still TP in regualar AF and macro the new body when appropriate, in other words Iga ningi is pretty much a glorified Haubergeon.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-08 15:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Depending on your buffs AF+1 may actually be detrimental to TP gain due to DW and haste both factoring in to the delay reduction cap, so there's definitely a time and place for TPing in AF3+2. Depending on various factors I'd also consider WSing in Loki's Kaftan over AF3+2.

Re: Migawari: it's probably a PDT effect triggered by high damage (probably a % of your max HP) a la Scherzo, not a nullification effect.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-12-09 00:47:07
Link | Citer | R

What you think the best sets for TP/WS are ?

I made this one for TP:

Will be hard to get all thoses also.

25% Haste. Losing Dual Wield from body but probably get it back from full AF+2 (atleast if it's a 5% augment dual wield).

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 01:17:55
Link | Citer | R

JSE ear is 2-3%, so Suppa's better (granted depending on buffs you may not want to use either one). Not sure if Kamome's still the best offhand or no.

Set bonus isn't additional DW% afaik.
 Leviathan.Komachii
By Leviathan.Komachii 2010-12-09 01:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Re: Migawari: it's probably a PDT effect triggered by high damage (probably a % of your max HP) a la Scherzo, not a nullification effect.

it was said it didnt mitigate 1000needles having 1100-1200hp, scherzo works for 1000needle, but yeah it still could work on dmg other than 1000needle, but would be a bit strange and description says "immune", hm...
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2010-12-09 03:27:25
Link | Citer | R

maybe triggered by high dmg crit hits
First Page 2