DNC TP gear
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 02:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
it's kinda ideal to have some good subtle blow in a dw job you think?

It really depends how many people you have on the mob. The more people you have, the less 1 person gearing subtle blow is going to matter because it'll be spamming like crazy, regardless.

And again, you said this was a DD set, not a mixed set.

even a dw job solo on a mob is asking for pain without subtle blow. excel is unlikely, albeit good choice, for me for a while.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:17:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
even a dw job solo on a mob is asking for pain without subtle blow. excel is unlikely, albeit good choice, for me for a while.
The more people on a mob, the less %age of total TP you are adding.

Let's say you're giving 100tp/min.

50% recuction

50tp/min

50/100 = 50% of the TP given.

Now let's say you have 10 ppl pummeling on the mob, giving 100tp/min each = 1000 tp

You gear and get 50% reduction

900 tp + your 50 tp = 950tp

950/1000 = 95% of the TP given.

The more ppl you have beating on the mob, the less you gearing for subtle blow is going to contribute to reduction.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 02:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
The more people on a mob, the less %age of total TP you are adding.

Let's say you're giving 100tp/min.

50% recuction

50tp/min

50/100 = 50% of the TP given.

Now let's say you have 10 ppl pummeling on the mob, giving 100tp/min each = 1000 tp

You gear and get 50% reduction

900 tp + your 50 tp = 950tp

950/1000 = 95% of the TP given.

The more ppl you have beating on the mob, the less you gearing for subtle blow is going to contribute to reduction.
im aware of this, but you are rationalizing it as dnc provides the same tp out put everyone else does. if anything dw jobs put out twice as much as a standard 2handed or singled handed job which is precisely why subtle blow is important to dnc especially. that being said with how the standard mob is currently a dnc is better off fighting something solo or with 1 other person. the bosses you rarely get to touch the mob unless you are procing !!, and by the time rainbow is done it's pretty much almost dead anyways. i will keep heed ring on there due to my first statement alone.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:25:26
Link | Citer | R

no, that was just a specific instance. My point was the more ppl you have beating on a mob, the less your individual subtle blow matters.

You were saying
Quote:
even a dw job solo on a mob is asking for pain without subtle blow.

When that was my point exactly. It matters most when you're the only factor. When other factors are in, it matters less.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:25:59
Link | Citer | R

you can wear what you want, but when it's obviously not a DD build, don't call it one, lol.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 02:27:47
Link | Citer | R

i fail to see how the loss of 5 attack is going to hurt a crit job. 1 ring is not going to change it from being a DD job to a hybrid.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:29:24
Link | Citer | R

Never said it was going to hurt it, but a "DD" build, generally aims for the max damage possible, and when you're not aiming for the max damage possible, then it's not really deserving of a DD build title.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 02:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Never said it was going to hurt it, but a "DD" build, generally aims for the max damage possible, and when you're not aiming for the max damage possible, then it's not really deserving of a DD build title.
that's a little stereotypical, if a good DD build doesnt have certain defensive effects such as subtle blow, it wont be much of a DD with it dead.

AT ANYRATE.....

idr where the idea of it being primarily a DD build came from anyways. if i was going for epeen dmg every second possible i wouldnt be subbing sam now would i. no this is what i was trying to go for 100 tp in the shortest amount of hits.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:34:01
Link | Citer | R

This is under the assumption every mob you fight has nasty tp moves. Many mobs have tp moves which are either a minor inconvenience or none at all.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 02:35:38
Link | Citer | R

apparently i edit to slow
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Either way, the point still stands. For example, you'll be exping tomorrow, I assume. People generally avoid the mobs that have shitty TP moves, so subtle blow isn't an issue here (for example, how many pts pick coeurls as their first choice?)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 02:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Either way, the point still stands. For example, you'll be exping tomorrow, I assume. People generally avoid the mobs that have shitty TP moves, so subtle blow isn't an issue here (for example, how many pts pick coeurls as their first choice?)
actually lol, when abyssea came out we exp'd on coeurls non stop xD

anyways look at it like this: im trying to make a build that can get me to 100tp multiple times before the mob gets to 100tp and at the same time be a pretty good DD in this set.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Again, totally dependent on the number of ppl you have beating on the mob. In the end, w/ enough ppl on the mob, your build may net you 0 ws before a mob ws' and they may have a higher ws frequency than you do. So depending on the situation, that build may or may not achieve that goal you just listed.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 02:48:59
Link | Citer | R

depends i guess. at anyrate hope fully +2 fusetto and charis gear wont let me down tomorrow and let me have my 12hit build.