Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-05 21:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
So is going from 14 to 13 hits, when you're DA'ing out the *** or even when u can take a hit and still take the same total number of attack rounds to 100 tp. Way many variables and you won't get near the increase as you would on paper for 14 to 13 hits.

DW/h2h jobs get STP increases hella devalued.
i know, just saying ultimately 12 hit build is what im going for
From your build, you'd still need an additional 18 stp.

You have only have 3 slots w/ 0 stp in it to work with, suppa being in one, and charis being in another.

That leaves you with hands.

The body would have to have 7 stp just to match your current body, so let's say it has 10, you gain 3 stp, need 15 more.

Af3 hands would have to have like 15 stp in it to get you your 12 hit.

Unless you think there af3+2 head/feet, the 6 stp back, hoard ring, or goading is going to be outmatched by a good deal enough to make up the difference.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: josht25
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2010-12-05 22:17:09
Link | Citer | R

i think trying to max your STP on dual wielding job is pointless no matter what way you look at it. You are sacrificing better gear for STP gear that doesn't even make a real difference when it comes to dual wield jobs. STP is one thing for 2handers but when you are dual wielding on jobs like dancer it takes alot of STP to even make a beneficial difference. I would never use a Hoard ring on DNC or a tactical mantle
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-05 22:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Only reason I didn't say anything about the hoard ring tbh is because acc, str, and dex should all be capped in abyssea regardless. Though, I suppose you could stick an attack ring in there.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-05 23:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
on a side note, lol, this dnc here w/ Twashtar (85) is offhanding Auric
that is pretty funny actually
Subtle Blow+10 :\?
By Enternius 2010-12-05 23:08:02
Link | Citer | R

I thought Auric Dagger was the cool guy thing to use on DNC.

I don't even know why I bother keeping up with FFXI stuff.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 23:14:46
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:

no real point in having it since dw is a part of delay cap. that and with twashtar's low delay and the dw on auric, with the addition of other dw gear a typical dnc wears, he's gonna have a really shitty tp gain
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-05 23:18:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Enternius said:

no real point in having it since dw is a part of delay cap. that and with twashtar's low delay and the dw on auric, with the addition of other dw gear a typical dnc wears, he's gonna have a really shitty tp gain
Maybe tp/hit but I'm pretty sure that once you're under 200(may not be exactly this but something around ther ) delay per wep (after DW, before haste), lowering delay will actually increase tp over time (not per hit but let's say 1 min of tp'ing) than decrease.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 23:39:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Enternius said:

Maybe tp/hit but I'm pretty sure that once you're under 200(may not be exactly this but something around ther ) delay per wep (after DW, before haste), lowering delay will actually increase tp over time (not per hit but let's say 1 min of tp'ing) than decrease.
once it gets close to the bottom line it starts to, but yeah..... dex or str kila should be really the only thing dnc pairs twashtar with
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-05 23:45:29
Link | Citer | R

not 100% sure on the number, I'd have to double check, as I said, but Twashtar w/ Killa+1 would meet the requirement of under 200 delay/wep, lol
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 23:50:15
Link | Citer | R

also wishful thinking but a common sense thought: level cap raise = magian weapon upgrade which = more stp on fusetto
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-06 00:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Enternius said:

I think its a very personal choice,I love the dual wield on auric but I also love the subtle blow.Might look stupid but dnc can hit ridiculy fast and with an OaT offhand the can feed the mob you fight alot of TP.I kinda realise that I prefer soloing stuff like khalamari alone with my SB gears then have none and having spam mantle pierce <.< I also learn the lesson from having a friend thf hitting and feeding it like 4x more TP then me alone.

Also, like some1 said earlier, you maybe get less TP by hit but its not just taking off auric dagger that will change it alot.I Really love the TP over time and I find it more usefull then having to stack STP that will just slow down my TP gain.Caus STP for dnc, is honestly not that good.

INB4 zomg you such a noob.It's what my solo experience as dnc got me to.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-06 00:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
i've been dinking around with the gear that's currently out and i was trying to see how high i can jack store tp up without a major loss in attack speed.

fusetto: stp +13

if i calc'd this right a dnc/sam can get 7.6 tp per hit or 15.2 per attack round without double attack. which is 14 hits or 7 base attack rounds to 100 tp. thoughts? improvements?
Didnt read that at first, I get 11 TP by attack w/o double attack. I use a 23% haste set up + suppanomimi and auric dagger and I use /nin most of the time.So technically, I get to 100 TP faster then you do
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 00:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
i've been dinking around with the gear that's currently out and i was trying to see how high i can jack store tp up without a major loss in attack speed.

fusetto: stp +13

if i calc'd this right a dnc/sam can get 7.6 tp per hit or 15.2 per attack round without double attack. which is 14 hits or 7 base attack rounds to 100 tp. thoughts? improvements?
Didnt read that at first, I get 11 TP by attack w/o double attack. I use a 23% haste set up + suppanomimi and auric dagger and I use /nin most of the time.So technically, I get to 100 TP faster then you do
i'd like to point out then that your haste and dw is exactly the same:
23 haste
+10 dw from gear

201 delay on auric
186 delay on fusetto
you're build is slower AND is a 19 hit build

so no, technically, you do not get 100 tp faster
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 00:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Enternius said:

I think its a very personal choice,I love the dual wield on auric but I also love the subtle blow.Might look stupid but dnc can hit ridiculy fast and with an OaT offhand the can feed the mob you fight alot of TP.I kinda realise that I prefer soloing stuff like khalamari alone with my SB gears then have none and having spam mantle pierce <.< I also learn the lesson from having a friend thf hitting and feeding it like 4x more TP then me alone.

Also, like some1 said earlier, you maybe get less TP by hit but its not just taking off auric dagger that will change it alot.I Really love the TP over time and I find it more usefull then having to stack STP that will just slow down my TP gain.Caus STP for dnc, is honestly not that good.

INB4 zomg you such a noob.It's what my solo experience as dnc got me to.
solo i use auric as well, idealy i have a completely different gear set when im solo, agi kila/auric, more dw gear so on and so forth. im not trashing on solo builds, im just pointing out that this is NOT a solo build
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 01:42:14
Link | Citer | R

updated set to match with what's out right now not what is possible to get in the future, since fusetto+2 and charis body/hands will need to cough up that 18 stp to make it work. still a 14 hit build, 75.6 delay (.4 from the cap, another haste puts me at 73.2)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 01:44:50
Link | Citer | R

hahahaha when did they add that mantle to the game? It's already been out for years, it's original name was Charger mantle
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 01:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
hahahaha when did they add that mantle to the game? It's already been out for years, it's original name was Charger mantle
it's like charger's bigger brother, no ranged restrictions and has subtle blow and is easier to get lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 01:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Lol, I don't know who is going to shoot in either mantle, so the ranged restrictions are moot.

Waste of item creation. They could have put that design to better use.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 01:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Also, I don't see how it's "easier" to get, lol. Even on your server, unless ABC prices are way higher than mine, you can get a charger mantle for about half of the price, lol.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 01:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Lol, I don't know who is going to shoot in either mantle, so the ranged restrictions are moot.

alot of stuff could have been better than what they are. but you cant exactly rule the subtle blow off
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 01:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Also, I don't see how it's "easier" to get, lol. Even on your server, unless ABC prices are way higher than mine, you can get a charger mantle for about half of the price, lol.
you can get the vell for 1k and 45 minutes of your life. then again not everyone does WOE, which is why we can over price the ***out of the gear.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 01:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

alot of stuff could have been better than what they are. but you cant exactly rule the subtle blow off
Double the price for 5 subtle blow? I definitely can, lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 01:54:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
you can get the vell for 1k and 45 minutes of your life. then again not everyone does WOE, which is why we can over price the ***out of the gear.
Sell, Vell, buy coins get charger, walk out w/ 1m. Either way you look at it, it's a 1m diff between the two, whether its paying 1m more or not gaining 1m
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 01:55:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sell, Vell, buy coins get charger, walk out w/ 1m. Either way you look at it, it's a 1m diff between the two, whether its paying 1m more or not gaining 1m
it's not like i have anything i'd like to spend a mil on anyways
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 01:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Change your primary food to Red curry buns for a while then till the mil dries out.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 01:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Change your primary food to Red curry buns for a while then till the mil dries out.
i use yellow curry +1 already most of the time, red curry for things that matter. im looking for the optimal set, not the cheapest.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:00:23
Link | Citer | R

You said optimal set for dealing damage. The 2 mantles will deal identical damage, using red curry buns more often over the times you do use yellow curry buns would net you more total dmg in charger mantle than Vell
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:01:03
Link | Citer | R

That being said, switch to an attack ring as well if you want a DD set.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 02:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You said optimal set for dealing damage. The 2 mantles will deal identical damage, using red curry buns more often over the times you do use yellow curry buns would net you more total dmg in charger mantle than Vell
i'd still use yellow+ lol

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
That being said, switch to an attack ring as well if you want a DD set.
it's kinda ideal to have some good subtle blow in a dw job you think?

what would you suggest for the ring besides mars's
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-06 02:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
it's kinda ideal to have some good subtle blow in a dw job you think?

It really depends how many people you have on the mob. The more people you have, the less 1 person gearing subtle blow is going to matter because it'll be spamming like crazy, regardless.

And again, you said this was a DD set, not a mixed set.