Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » NIN Weapons
NIN Weapons
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 10:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Hey all, just wondering if anyone can give me an opinion, or a 'better option' on weapons than what I'm working for atm. I already have both Sekka +1 for AGI/Evasion, but when I melee with those in an abyssea party, or while I'm co-tanking an NM that I am not evasion tanking... I feel a tad gimp... As I have nothing else, I was working towards a setup that I could use both in abyssea and outside as well.

(Note: I want kamome, but with my current play style, I do not have access to this as of now.)

Right now I'm working towards the Double Attack 85 Enchu +1 (DMG:49 Delay:242 Double Attack +9) for my main hand. Trials arent too terribly bad, but meh. Almost halfway done with it (working on the vermin, and then theres 3 more trials, then NMs, and twilight souls). This one seems like a decent amount of work for a goodish weapon IMO. Though I would like Blade: Hi... I'm saving my fakempyrean weapon for Great Axe lol.

Also planning on offhanding DEX Sekka +1 (DMG:43 Delay:201 DEX+8 Accuracy +14) for jin mod, and a little more accuracy should the situation arrive.

Any thoughts on this setup? Any easier weapons to obtain that end up being better?
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-11-25 10:42:43
Link | Citer | R

Uzura +1 might be worth considering as well, attack sekkas might be nice as well but i dont have them personally so couldn't say for sure.
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2010-11-25 10:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Kamome in offhand for dps and crit-jin mods. Don't waste time on other trials and do Kannagi? >.>... The double atk Enchu probably good- uzura+1 is nice too but doesnt work in offhand and is only 45 base dmg vs the 49 on the enchu you're doing. Also DATK can proc on jin so i doubt you'd want to mainhand it over enchu.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 10:53:32
Link | Citer | R

Lol kannagi isnt in my wants... If any Empyrean it would definetly be the Great Axe. the +1... maybe, but even at that. No. lol... Yeah I was thinking about the Uzura, but the higher base dmg, and the fact that DA can proc on not only the DoT melees, but the WS makes me want DA weapon more then WS+10% dmg @_@;;

Do want kamome though... I'd offhand that in a heart beat >_>
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-11-25 11:05:07
Link | Citer | R

go easy route with tobi+1?

been using dex sekka + kamome since NIN rarely sees outside my mh
 Sylph.Bowserx
Serveur: Sylph
user: Garasu
By Sylph.Bowserx 2010-11-25 11:08:26
Link | Citer | R

For DDinf id say Main hand - Hochomasamune , Off hand - Kamome
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2010-11-25 11:14:09
Link | Citer | R

I rarely use hocho, i tossed my uzura+1, dex sekka's are pretty useless in abyssea. Hocho is good when you're tryin to trigger Grello :P... Or paired with another katana when you're tankin something really hard where shadows arent useless (???).
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2010-11-25 11:16:40
Link | Citer | R

For DD short of kannagi- your DATK Enchu + Kamome is the way to go. Kamome is a 100% drop on an easy nm... there's no excuse to not have it lol.
 Remora.Laphine
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-11-25 11:18:25
Link | Citer | R

well if you don't have a hochomasamune, better not waste time with that and try to go straight to sekirei. It's better and easier to get.
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2010-11-25 11:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Sekirei is trash... Easier to get yes, but serves no purpose unless youre a mule and/or dont have any trial weapons.
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2010-11-25 11:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
...Right now I'm working towards the Double Attack 85 Enchu +1 (DMG:49 Delay:242 Double Attack +9) for my main hand. ...

Sekirei not even close, neither is Uzura+1

Usura+1 > Sekirei but its a waste of time if its going to be replaced. Sekirei probably better than NOTHING in the mean-time but if he cant do sobek (for some reason???) he cant do sedna either- and its a rarer drop from sedna. IMO just finish your trial like today, and go solo/duo gukumatz and if u dont have any friends get someone to merc the pop so u get kamome.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-11-25 11:33:40
Link | Citer | R

Ppl were advocating main that hochomasamune to dd. I'm just saying that sekirei is better than that as an option.

I doubt DA enchu is the answer too. It's raw dps is worse than sekirei/kamome (comparing to enchu/kamome), altho it's fixed dps due 9% DA is higher. Still, sekirei low delay provides more ws frequency.
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2010-11-25 11:37:53
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see some of your math Laphine. My actual testing > your unsubstantiated theories. The double atk will increase ws frequency, and significantly increase raw WS dmg. Its delay will also keep you easily above the 5% tp floor paired with kamome.

Edit: either way, kannagi still better than both, and arguably easier to obtain (than enchu).
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-11-25 11:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk said:
I'd like to see some of your math Laphine. My actual testing > your unsubstantiated theories. The double atk will increase ws frequency, and significantly increase raw WS dmg. Its delay will also keep you easily above the 5% tp floor paired with kamome.

Edit: either way, kannagi still better than both, and arguably easier to obtain (than enchu).

tp floor?
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-11-25 12:44:07
Link | Citer | R

I only did some quick numbers to say those things cause i was nm hunting at the time. I guess i should make something a bit more detailed before concluding things.

sekirei+ kamome
210 + 180 =390
50dw -> 195
dps:
46+39/195 = 26.15
tp gain:
195/2 = 97.5 -> 4.3tp/hit
avg hit/round = 2.3 (15% DA)
avg tp/round = 9.89
avg tp/sec = 3.04

Enchu+ kamome
242+180 = 422
50dw -> 211
dps:
49+39/211 = 25.02
fixed dps:
25.02 * 1.078 (gain from 9 DA) = 26.97
tp gain:
211/2 = 105.5 -> 4.3tp/hit
avg hit/round = 2.48 (24% DA)
avg tp/round = 10.66
avg tp/sec = 3.03

So ok, i'll retract myself here. Enchu beat sekirei in the end. There are still things i didn't account on this calculation (like fstr - which favors sekirei), but those would only make the difference smaller. Still we are talking about something that you get with one afternoon vs something that you need to work for 2 weeks at least. Even tho sekirei is going to be obsolete at the next update, it's certain that we will have new options that are just as easy to get.

Gilgamesh.Kovalev
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2010-11-25 13:47:08
Link | Citer | R

I have no maths to back it up but i can't help it, i must suggest the Occ. Att. 2-3 Enchu +1 for your off hand for when you're not too worried about feeding too much tp too fast. I don't think it's possible to have more fun (you'll be swinging like some kind of maniac and ws more often) than when weilding that katana, and... it's gonna get even better when the next update arrives. I would think it's the best mix of fun and results for the least. Feel free to destroy this opinion lol, i don't mind.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-25 14:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:
I have no maths to back it up but i can't help it, i must suggest the Occ. Att. 2-3 Enchu +1 for your off hand for when you're not too worried about feeding too much tp too fast. I don't think it's possible to have more fun (you'll be swinging like some kind of maniac and ws more often) than when weilding that katana, and... it's gonna get even better when the next update arrives. I would think it's the best mix of fun and results for the least. Feel free to destroy this opinion lol, i don't mind.

i'm working on it, i've already test mercutial kris, as /dnc it's help a lot to get tp faster to heal you.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-25 14:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Can't beat Hocho/kamome at the moment except relic/emp and hocho. Just for the love of *** god whatever you do just don't main hand the lower dmg weapon and put the higher dmg and delay in offhand. So *** tired of seeing pink ninjas main kamome and offhand sekka+1 thinking the stats only take effect in main hand. Morons.

/rant over
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2010-11-25 14:45:13
Link | Citer | R

@Nexxus, cool, it sure is a good amount of work but you're gonna love it /dnc for sure.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 21:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk said:

tp floor?
Doesn't exist anymore. Low delay is a decent boost to TP gain, so not sure what he's on about.

Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:
See my post in the other trial weapons thread.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 21:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Too everyone saying kamome, kannagi:

I recently switched shifts, and have no linkshell on my new play time. As well as that, all the friends I used to play with, and would have given me help, are on a complete and other time schedule. If kamome is out of the question Kannagi is (Cant do 1 sobek, how should I plan to do ~50 of them :<)

That being said, I guess I could buy the kamome... should be able to snag it from a ls there for like 50k hopefully, but I'll have to try. I also refuse to buy a 100% drop rate for more then 50k... but I'm almost positive shells will try to charget 500k+.

If I can get the kamome, I do in the end plan on going for Enchu+1/Kamome, but until then I was looking to Enchu+1/Sekka+1

From eyeballing the Ruminator (hochomasamune)... Im not sure that would be doable with the small group I have now.

That being said, the Enchu+1 is a lot more work then the others, but they can be done outside of abyssea, and with only 2 people... whereas a lot of the rest takes at least 6 to do. I will attempt these given the chance but do not bank on the fact that we will be given the chance D:...

Also: *** pink gear, i dont even own one piece of aurore, and never will :|

ninja edit:
Not looking for abyssea linkshell atm, nor interested in pick ups really... May have to resort to it, but Idk.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 21:57:08
Link | Citer | R

Ruminator's doable with DD/NIN DD/NIN WHM/NIN BRD.

I'll second the Tobi +1 recommendation, Blade: Hi is quite nice.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 21:58:42
Link | Citer | R

^
If any Empyrean it would definetly be the Great Axe. the +1... maybe, but even at that. No. lol...
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 22:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

also, strat? There aint ***about that on wiki lol... I'm not about to waste my time trying to work towards a AVNM T3 just to find out that its gonna be a *** D:. Or without the strat, and what to do to avoid the WS effects Dx
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 22:09:18
Link | Citer | R

^
If any Empyrean it would definetly be the Great Axe. the +1... maybe, but even at that. No. lol...
Tobi =/= Empyrean.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

also, strat? There aint ***about that on wiki lol... I'm not about to waste my time trying to work towards a AVNM T3 just to find out that its gonna be a *** D:. Or without the strat, and what to do to avoid the WS effects Dx
Tank and spank, WHM is /NIN so they don't get raped on hate reset (2hr). Shouldn't be an issue unless you can't count to 3. BRD might want to /NIN as well now I think of it, but it's not required.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 22:16:02
Link | Citer | R

"the +1... maybe, but even that. No. lol..."

I know the Tobi +1 isnt empyrean lol. >.>

May try out the T3 AVNM, gonna have to look up what it takes to get to it, and what I'll need to kill, and if NIN PLD WAR SAM DRK BRD + NIN RDM WHM DRG COR can duo these mobs... >_>;; lol... Until i can reactivate my brd mule D:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 22:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Most anything can solo a T1 VNM, DD + WHM can duo Brooder easily.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 22:21:57
Link | Citer | R

what about the T2? Or is that the one that NIN can solo by running out of range when it does its attack, which is the spinning sweep thing? >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 22:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Brooder is the La Theine T2, if you do Tahrongi you'll get the pop for Usurper instead and I don't think that's what you're looking for.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 22:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Heh, that'd be another task ahead... want those sexy Haste/Evasion/enmity pants >_>... Non-night Evasion+10 legs do want

Guess I'll be giving this a shot (x2 ; ;)
First Page 2