Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » NIN Weapons
NIN Weapons
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 22:32:35
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth NIN/DNC could probably solo, now I think about it... Healing Waltz removes disease and your eva should be plenty high now.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 22:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Solo which? Brooder? The good thing is that I'm never solo. At least duo, but sadly almost never above... Hopefully I can box soon... means I have to level and quest/buy my friends alt BRD's /NIN though :| lol

edit: sadly Evasion isnt capped now (lol ; ;) I went 76 > 85 in 1 abyssea party earlier this week, and havent had time to catch up evasion, though its skilling naturally a tad while doing some things >_>;;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 22:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, Brooder. Duo speeds things up nicely though so that's not a bad thing.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 22:52:27
Link | Citer | R

Happen to know if Negative Whirl is slow II? or can you keep haste up through it? >_>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 23:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure it's normal Slow but it's been a while.
 Kujata.Thud
Serveur: Kujata
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-11-26 06:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Hocho's fast cast is damn sexy, but for pure dps purposes, it's going to be left behind real soon. Level cap goes up again in a few weeks and there is just no way a lvl80 katan will be able to compete. That and Brooder is camped pretty heavily (at least on my server). IMO keep working on +DATK.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-27 14:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I say maintain til next update, then go from there.

Also, I highly recommend you drag a healer buddy and cap evasion on Chigoes. About 10 will cap you out real nice and fast as they wail on you. Pulled my mules THF evasion from 295 to 331 capped in about 45 mins this way.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-27 16:33:11
Link | Citer | R

I wanna try my /rdm with ambition atma and hochomasamune where i'll get fast cast II from sub, + atma + hochomasamune and use haste.

My :Ni are already near instant cast without hocho and haste.
 Ramuh.Aramachus
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-27 18:05:56
Link | Citer | R

I also say wait for the update. Theres no doubt that kamome will be useless in about 2 weeks, if not surpassed by new rare/ex drops, the lvl90 sekka version will have higher dot. I have two agi/eva sekka and working on a 2-3 hit enchu aswell. I personally want the 2-3 hit version for the tp gain since I use a lot of nin/dnc. Additionally, with drain samba up and the high ninja attack speed levels we can reach nowadays, thats gonna be like a potent regen effect. I wouldnt say DA enchu is useless tho, it took me some time to decide which enchu I want and the DA one definitely looks great for mainhanding. Good base damage, double attack which can proc on jin and not to forget, while all none magian weapons will become useless after each update, the magians will require (probably) only 1 more trial to be an up to date weapon with great stats (keep in mind that the stats increase too with each trial, whats DA+8 or att/acc+18 now will probably become more). So Kamome might have a little more dps than sekka+1, the next set of rare/ex drops after level increase might be marginally better than sekka+2 again... in the end, imo the difference in damage output is marginal but the sekkas got additional stats (take the eva ones for example) which will always beat the drops (doubt SE will give a rare/ex drop with 20 agi 30 eva to beat the sekka line for eva tanking purpose).
Thats why I dont bother at all with drop weapons anymore before lvl99 is reached. Then I will compare again and see what I want and what I can get, up to then its magians for me.
The +STR +att sekka is imo a good choice either. When stacking up att I notice a big difference in damage output rather quickly. DEX acc Id say is a solid choice aswell but thats the old discussion about who prefers to go with acc equip to take att food or the other way around, its about personal preferrence. Youd get a good weapon that has great stats boosts and that never gets out of date with succeeding trials.

It is interesting to note, that with the next update we will be lvl90, have higher stats, get new atmas, maybe new abilities, new ninjutsu, get a stun step from dnc and all that, things that are a pain now might become soloable/duoable in 2 weeks. while most empyrean weapons (or the +1 things for the ws) are an alliance thing right now, we dont know what will become of that. Then again, SE might want us to collect another 50 pieces of level 120 NM skin to upgrade it to 90...
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-27 18:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Kamome still 180 Delay.

Remember when Buboso (Lv.50 DMG: 25 Delay: 190 STR +2 DEX +2 AGI +2) was one of the best off hand katana at 75.

I'd say, Kamome will still be nice on the next update, because of the attack+8 and critical damage that profit main hands, and you still get profit on delay from sub. The Occ.att 2-3 times is also nice, but i dont see the end of this trial...
 Ragnarok.Calif
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-11-27 19:11:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Solo which? Brooder? The good thing is that I'm never solo. At least duo, but sadly almost never above... Hopefully I can box soon... means I have to level and quest/buy my friends alt BRD's /NIN though :| lol

edit: sadly Evasion isnt capped now (lol ; ;) I went 76 > 85 in 1 abyssea party earlier this week, and havent had time to catch up evasion, though its skilling naturally a tad while doing some things >_>;;

Brooder was easy solo at NIN/DNC 80 with uncapped evasion, no atmas and incomplete eva sekkas - it should be a walkover at 85. Soloing NMs is the best way to raise skill, because you're doing something useful at the same time!
 Ramuh.Aramachus
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-28 04:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
Kamome still 180 Delay. Remember when Buboso (Lv.50 DMG: 25 Delay: 190 STR +2 DEX +2 AGI +2) was one of the best off hand katana at 75. I'd say, Kamome will still be nice on the next update, because of the attack+8 and critical damage that profit main hands, and you still get profit on delay from sub.

huh buboso? whys that? I really like the low delay katanas and when I levelled nin I got it at 50 but at 75 it would just fall back behind the dps of fudo/fudo and the little bit of modifiers cant make up in a ws every now and then for the overall loss on dps. why would you want to use it?

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
The Occ.att 2-3 times is also nice, but i dont see the end of this trial...

honestly I wonder what SE indends for a few trials. The empyreans are complete, might add a few stats and make ppl collect more 50 pieces of higher NMs... will the relic users really be doing "kill 2k of that rabbit" trials forever? hm probably they will. the att 2-3 thing probably cant change in stats, I doubt it will get more attacks (who knows, maybe we'll get a kraken katana hehe) so its the dmg/delay ratio. the store tp path (over all weapons) is more of a mystery to me, they gonna add store tp until 99 so youre sitting at +30 store tp on your weapon then? or the ws dmg, ws dmg +30% really nice
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-09 10:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Got a Kamome from a LS... still looking to doing Enchu +2 for double attack though... Im thinking it will be a nice main hand still... Also dont think kamome got borked with update... or did it? lol i only skimmed through