Ws Sets / Blade Jin.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ws Sets / Blade jin.
Ws Sets / Blade jin.
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Deboro
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2010-11-19 10:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Ninja WS Sets.

So I had left ninja at 75 and just leveled it to 85, Hitting 1200-2200 Jin's in my old / missing Weaponskill gear I was rather impressed and am looking to fine tune it. I made up a set ( abyssea onry ) any curious if there is anything I have over looked / would work out better. specifically having trouble with feet / head and I know there is a new belt to use but cant find which it was.

Thanks! btw I dont have the katana's yet. Pop sets for both though I head Hocho's drop rate is low. Also no Loki's and will be using Haubergeon +1 until I get one have everything else.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 10:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Doesnt ACC -20 hurt Jin a lot? I dont have the helm myself so havent tried.

also, usu feet for Jin?

This is my current jin set, it's not optimal by any means.

Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2010-11-19 10:20:39
Link | Citer | R

I like your set looks alot like mine was before abyssea, And yea I cant think of any other feet bar Iga ( which I dont have yet ) then Usu, and im assuming with 80dex + acc from gear -20 should hurt to bad. Besudes Vargain, only other option would be Ohat for overkill Acc.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 10:23:37
Link | Citer | R

I dont know about loki, how much does it increase crit dmg?

With 80 dex (base dex i assume?) + dex from abyssea buffs I would think that STR + 6 > DEX + 5 for ws (thats unless loki's gives a huge boost in crit dmg)
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2010-11-19 10:26:07
Link | Citer | R

its 5% boost to crit damage, not sure what base dex is +80 while in abyssea though and i *think* with Cav / Loki's / Qirzm should be capped at 50%+ crit damage
 Sylph.Vestal
Serveur: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-11-19 10:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Night just swap koga hands and koga boots.
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-11-19 10:27:26
Link | Citer | R

main hand hochomasamune, in abyssea that helm is perfectly fine on just about everything, unless its flame skimmer /rage!

also @ Zanno why WS in Cerberus mantle? not only when you probably purchased it was it more expensive then Foragers mantle, but less attack which helps out quiet a bit.

also if you can get your hands on them, Agrona's Leggings imo are far greater for WS in then AF+1 .. possibly +2 I'm not sure cause I don't have my base yet but I've got 6 cards and 8 seals .. they are not real to me >.> or when they are someone who hates me lots over me.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 10:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Naveyah said:
main hand hochomasamune, in abyssea that helm is perfectly fine on just about everything, unless its flame skimmer /rage!

also @ Zanno why WS in Cerberus mantle? not only when you probably purchased it was it more expensive then Foragers mantle, but less attack which helps out quiet a bit.

also if you can get your hands on them, Agrona's Leggings imo are far greater for WS in then AF+1 .. possibly +2 I'm not sure cause I don't have my base yet but I've got 6 cards and 8 seals .. they are not real to me >.> or when they are someone who hates me lots over me.

+3 attack isnt game breaking in any way.

Am I getting you right that you'd prefer to ws in AF3 +1 pants over byakko? I got the +2 pants, but I figured DEX +15 > katana skill +5. Maybe I'm wrong.
By Nemesio 2010-11-19 11:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Aias Bonnet
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-11-19 11:24:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:

+3 attack isnt game breaking in any way.

Am I getting you right that you'd prefer to ws in AF3 +1 pants over byakko? I got the +2 pants, but I figured DEX +15 > katana skill +5. Maybe I'm wrong.

Huh?! No? when did I say I'd WS in my Hakama +2 over Byakko's Haidate?!

I was saying that Agrona's Leggings(feet) would probably be better over Iga Kyahan +1/+2
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2010-11-19 16:07:19
Link | Citer | R

If you feel cheap and don't want to buy the other ring, could always do the Attohwa [A] quest for Jupiter's Ring. Even if you don't get the attack, it's still a free DEX ring.

Varangian Helm is good inside Abyssea, since there's not a whole lot of stuff you're not capping on accuracy anymore.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-11-20 21:35:37
Link | Citer | R

Depending on money/time, you can augment rings in Ru'Aun Gardens to make mini Raja's. My first attempt with a ruby ring gave me +2 DEX and +14 Fire Resist. Cuchulain's Mantle still works quite well for back, however, Commander's Cape is a cheaper alternative. Don't WS in Suppanomimi. WS with a naked ear before WSing in that.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-20 21:42:09
Link | Citer | R

I actually use the AMK helm with str+4 ws acc+15 adn agi+4 ws dmg+2%. This with an HQ hauby, b. haidates, marine m boots (hume power), warwolf belt, amemet mantle+1, flame ring and rajas ring, chivy chain, with a sekka+1 in main hand and Atma of the razed ruins I do about 3k to 3.5k jins easy. I find the ws acc on the helm helps a lot due to jin being a multi hit. Outside of abyssea I expect 1k to 1.7k jins easy with that gear and its far from optimal that i only have a NQ hauby and no viking helm. I typically eat marinara pizza so its not like i have a lot of str food or anything but it works good for me because I tp in af body with iga hakamas dusk gloves, walmart turban and fuma sune-ates so I enjoy the 5% reduction in delay on top of suppa and our dual weild 5 and my culmunative haste from gear.

Interesting story I was doing the colibri nm for some bard seals and I got double march and haste while tping in my haste and dual wield gear with Razed ruins.... Pld tank, very well geared drakesbane drg, 2 blms and rdm bombing it trying to pop !! and well... i was pretty much hundredfists critical hits and yea... could not pull hate of me if your LIFE DEPENDED ON IT.

I'm glad your a ninja. At 85 with RR and VV ninja is an INDEMAND DD. Cap your crit hit merits, your str merits, cap your katana merits and stick around. The year of the ninja is on us. We finally get to do what we were created to do

Up.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-20 22:29:52
Link | Citer | R

What was your gear on colibri ? i was with an accuracy set, no food, miss like hell. no atma RR or VV tho, does they help a lot with acc?
 Cerberus.Freonski
user: Gero
By Cerberus.Freonski 2010-11-20 22:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Okay, not posting all my diff jin sets. Just have a quick question. Has anyone done a great amount of testing with Breeze gorget and Iga erimaki?

I've been sticking with breeze outside abyssea and iga while inside. However, not sure if it's really worth it right now.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-11-20 23:13:27
Link | Citer | R

I would guess Breeze Gorget > Iga Erimaki. Iga Erimaki is only 2% crit damage increase. Stacking it, I guess could take over, but I'd probably stick with gorget.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-20 23:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Well benchmarking base damage at 300 *1.1ftp -> 330*3.0 990 *1.30 = 1287 w/ gorget

300*3.0 -> 900 *1.32 1188 with NIN neck

That's only calculating the first hit though, and fTP boost doesn't apply to all hits, but the neck is only +2%. I'd personally stick with gorget, at best AF3 might break even
 Cerberus.Freonski
By Cerberus.Freonski 2010-11-20 23:18:21
Link | Citer | R

ty, maybe after the back and ammo I will consider switching back to erimaki.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-11-20 23:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention 7 acc VS 10 acc; not terribly necessary.
 Cerberus.Freonski
By Cerberus.Freonski 2010-11-20 23:23:09
Link | Citer | R

well i'm looking for crit dmg only. on non nm mobs in abyssea I use v.helm
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-20 23:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Even with the back/ammo the increment would be the same. fTP and +crit are both multipliers, and .10 will always be > .02.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2010-11-21 03:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Don't WS in Suppanomimi. WS with a naked ear before WSing in that.

I WS in Suppa! Too full up in inventory to get a drone earring for 1 more AGI on Hi (Still Brutal Ear2 of course).
 Cerberus.Freonski
By Cerberus.Freonski 2010-11-21 05:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Even with the back/ammo the increment would be the same. fTP and +crit are both multipliers, and .10 will always be > .02.

Ok just got Cavaros mantle, leaning towards using it over NQ Cerberus in abyssea for Jin. Opinion? (This is with RR + VV)
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-21 06:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
What was your gear on colibri ? i was with an accuracy set, no food, miss like hell. no atma RR or VV tho, does they help a lot with acc?

Ate Marinara pizza. Had 4 acc from ecphoria ring, 6 acc on iga hakama+1 plus 3 katana skill, 5 acc on neck, 3 acc on waist, and thats it with pizza and 3 katana skill merits. Didn't miss a swing. when the bird ate my pizza and i switched to squid sushi i noticed a drop in acc. RR gives 50 dex tho and I had dex enhancement too so whatever my acc was from that i guess helped. I was also behind the mob with Innin up for increase in acc and crit hits
 Cerberus.Nexxus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-21 07:35:35
Link | Citer | R

I see, i didnt used food on it, and i was tanking, under yonin that's why i was missing so much !, with innin yeah, you dont miss often from behind.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-11-21 08:24:44
Link | Citer | R

my jin set up as follows..

and my blade: ten set up too

Shura legs +1 for my lack of Haidate

if my images dont show.. just check my profile meh
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-21 08:37:53
Link | Citer | R

I just use this as my Blade: Jin setup. Still need to finish my sea gorget, af+1 hands, and some better boots. Swap out Cuchulain's Mantle for Forager's usually if I don't need the extra acc. Augment on Anwig is Str/dex+4 wsacc+15 crit hit dmg+2%.

Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2010-11-21 09:08:05
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Ok just got Cavaros mantle, leaning towards using it over NQ Cerberus in abyssea for Jin. Opinion? (This is with RR + VV)

With your crit rate at about 50% without any gear for it, I'd say it's worth it, yeah (So on average you're getting +2.5% damage out of it), and your fSTR is probably at or near cap with VV.

Outside Abyssea though, Cerb's probably much better, heh.

Quote:
when the bird ate my pizza and i switched to squid sushi i noticed a drop in acc.

Probably was your imagination since sushi gives way more accuracy than pizza does.

Quote:
I just use this as my Blade: Jin setup. Still need to finish my sea gorget, af+1 hands, and some better boots. Swap out Cuchulain's Mantle for Forager's usually if I don't need the extra acc. Augment on Anwig is Str/dex+4 wsacc+15 crit hit dmg+2%.

Shouldn't use Senj on offhand. The crit rate on it only applies to itself. Kamome, on the other hand, applies to all hits. It's worth losing 1 base damage if that's the setup you're going to use (Though personally I think Kamome/Perdu would be better if you have access to the latter).
First Page 2